PDA

View Full Version : X-Supercross Editor Stream Homework Challenge

RetiredRonin
02-10-2015, 06:02 PM
During the Online Multiplayer Beta some PC players had an opportunity to try their hand at building tracks for this new game mode and took home some sweet gear for their effort. Now that the feature is live we’d like to give this opportunity to more builders.

Welcome to Shogun’s next Editor Stream Homework Challenge. If you haven’t guessed already the challenge is to build an X-Supercross track.

What? Homework?
Yes! It’s your chance to show the World that you can out-build everyone else! We’re looking for the best XSX tracks that you can create.

What is the time-frame for building?
You have from now until March 9th, 2015 to build your XSX creations and submit them.

How many tracks can I submit?
One entry per builder, please. No Teams.

Will this be in the test?
Yes!

Who selects the winner(s) for the Homework Challenge?
Our highly skilled and trained team of top tier certified track judging professionals will scour the submissions and judge them based on the following criteria;

Line

Cohesive difficulty throughout the track
Correct difficulty label
Attention to line detail

Theme

Decoration
Lighting
Cohesive design

Fun

Did we have fun playing it?

Playability
Slowdown
Dropped frames

We’ll be playing the entries during Trials Live Editor Stream on Tuesday, March 10.

So what do we get for participating?
I hope you like hoodies & t-shirts because we’ve got hoodies & t-shirts (and flags).

Tracks selected by our judges will receive the following:
Top Pick: Trials Fusion Hoodie, Trials Fusion T-shirt & Trials Fusion Flag
2nd Pick: Trials Fusion Hoodie & Trials Fusion flag
3rd Pick: Trials Fusion T-shirt & Trials Fusion flag
Top Xbox 360 Pick: Trials Fusion Hoodie & Trials Fusion Flag

How do I submit a track?

Upload your X-Supercross track to Track Central
Begin the name with HW4
Let us know about your creation in this thread, @TrialsGames (https://twitter.com/trialsgames) on twitter or via the Homework Challenge post (https://www.facebook.com/trials.official/posts/922268967806679) on Facebook.

Full guidelines

Gamemode: X-Supercross
Beginner – Extreme Difficulty
Track length should be minimum 25 seconds platinum
Track’s cannot reference any existing intellectual properties outside of Trials*
1 Track Per Builder
No building teams
Begin the track name with HW4
Deadline for submission is Sunday March 8th, 8pm Pacific US

So what are you waiting for? Get building!X-Supercross Homework Challenge

JolanXBL
02-10-2015, 11:53 PM
Why isn't the 360 included? It has XSX mode too.

Redlynx_Shogun
02-11-2015, 10:18 AM
Why isn't the 360 included? It has XSX mode too.
Unfortunately because the mode is different on Xbox 360 we did not feel it was fair to judge them against each other.

I'm curious how many X360 players want to participate? If there is enough interest we could add a prize catagory specifically for the X360.

Ozy Be
02-11-2015, 11:44 AM
Nice, hope to see some great tracks coming out of this:)

I'm curious how many X360 players want to participate? ** there is enough interest ** ***** add a prize catagory specifically for the X360.
;)Good on ya

funktastic-
02-12-2015, 12:38 AM
Dilema dilema , i am nearing the end of my first ever x cross track not even a four lane before. Do i enter it ? take a chance that its all a bag of pants hahaha or do i just go for it and sumbmit it. My brain hurts.

Oh if i do do we have to comment on twitter or can we give a submission here in the forum , maybe on this thread ? i don thave a twitter account , did make a quick one but cant remember it and dont usually go for them sorts of sites.

cheers

IImayneII
02-12-2015, 01:57 AM
@ funktastic

Let us know about your creation in this thread, @TrialsGames (https://twitter.com/trialsgames) on twitter or via the Homework Challenge post on Facebook.

+ I do not see any reason why you wouldn't submit your track. Plenty of time to stil work on it if you aren't happy with it yet.

PneumaticBog484
02-13-2015, 12:13 AM
•Track’s cannot reference any existing intellectual properties outside of Trials*

Does referencing my favorite YouTuber in the track count as intellectual property outside of Trials? They play Trials quite a bit.

elCamsterino
02-15-2015, 05:51 PM
I'm curious how many X360 players want to participate?

I'm interested! :cool:

I'd already started building before I read the post properly... please let us po' boys play too ;)

geordiedeviant
02-15-2015, 06:04 PM
Does referencing my favorite YouTuber in the track count as intellectual property outside of Trials? They play Trials quite a bit.

I shall not be riding a pewdiepie flavoured track. ;)

funktastic-
02-15-2015, 10:57 PM
@ funktastic

+ I do not see any reason why you wouldn't submit your track. Plenty of time to stil work on it if you aren't happy with it yet.

cheers dude , i never saw that bit in his post .

already put my track up anyway , thought i was most likely not going to be good enough for a comp , maybe it was tho as its got to 134 likes with only 1 disslike hahah , sods law. my next one will most likely be pants haha

PneumaticBog484
02-16-2015, 04:48 AM
I shall not be riding a pewdiepie flavoured track. ;)

But sir, he is of the utmost caliber of a YouTuber!.... :Kappa:

I actually wanted to include a billboard with HatFilms on it, just in case they ever play Trials Fusion multiplayer :p I love their Evo videos, but they haven't switched over to Fusion yet... :(

TeriXeri
02-16-2015, 10:34 AM
cheers dude , i never saw that bit in his post .

already put my track up anyway , thought i was most likely not going to be good enough for a comp , maybe it was tho as its got to 134 likes with only 1 disslike hahah , sods law. my next one will most likely be pants haha

Plenty of time to make a new track still (3 weeks) XSX doesn't have to be as complicated as Trials in terms of code but variation of lanes in some ways is a nice touch :)

Your last XSX looked great on video/stream, great use of color with the red/black.

funktastic-
02-16-2015, 03:32 PM
thanx teri really enjoyed making it actually , was surprised.

I am going to enter the comp just thinking on a theme , will also try out the lane variation which looks good on some others i have played. its good to just get involved in things whether you win or not. Just the fun of competing. I use to love competing in taekwondo tournemants around the uk but unfortunetly had to stop due to health reasons. But i still have the competative edge going on.

Redlynx_Shogun
02-16-2015, 04:02 PM
I'm also a fan of HatFilms, met the dudes once here at the studio before Fusion launched. Nice group of guys. Unfortunately to be fair we need to exclude YouTubers as well. I doubt HatFilms would take issue with you submitting a track themed around their YT channel but there could be many many cases like this that live in a grey area. To be fair we decided to exclude all IPs outside Trials.

That being said I'd love to see a HatFilms track from the bog man (and I'm sure they would as well). Hope you decide to do it anyway.

elCamsterino
02-17-2015, 08:33 PM
any word on whether 360 will be included in this?

Redlynx_Shogun
02-18-2015, 10:49 AM
any word on whether 360 will be included in this?
Sure. Was hoping to see more interest in the thread before confirming but we can add a catagory for X360. In the OP I've added a catagory for Top X360 XSX with a reward of hoddie + flag.

Good luck

elCamsterino
02-18-2015, 09:53 PM
Sure. Was hoping to see more interest in the thread before confirming but we can add a catagory for X360. In the OP I've added a catagory for Top X360 XSX with a reward of hoddie + flag.

Good luck

Thanks dude, :D I always enjoy seeing my work on the stream.

iwound00
03-03-2015, 02:58 PM
Here is my entry. HW4 Castle Fires FIXED <----- Updated to fixed version
Hard - PS4

Enjoy.

http://youtu.be/zm6jpD6GykE

En0-
03-03-2015, 03:07 PM
I love it! I hope framerate is stable :)

iwound00
03-03-2015, 03:39 PM
Thanks Eno. I've already found an issue playing it in TC the lights go off at resets. So please try and not to crash. :)
No point upping a fix as i'm not completely sure how. Is there a way to test a track to see how it runs in TC?

IImayneII
03-03-2015, 04:31 PM
Thanks Eno. I've already found an issue playing it in TC the lights go off at resets. So please try and not to crash. :)
No point upping a fix as i'm not completely sure how. Is there a way to test a track to see how it runs in TC?

xsupercross behaves like a trials track in TC. If you play it anywhere else it has limited options (wich you probably already noticed). For example when playing the track from TC, reset at checkpoint only works there, bike headlights are forced-on,area forces work, bombs work..

So I hope you have workarounds for the effects you trigger in your track (with a delayed impulse - off, or turning them off after that with a trigger somewhere) because if you haven't, all of the triggered ones will be still on once you reset on a checkpoint in private matches.

PsyG1969
03-03-2015, 05:10 PM
I just uploaded my entry .It is called HW4 contrast and Its on Ps4.So go check it out if you want

iwound00
03-04-2015, 07:35 PM
I've uploaded a new version "HW4 Castle Fires fixed"

I hadn't set the triggers to work properly in TC singleplayer mode. All sorted now, :) plus a little polish.

funktastic-
03-06-2015, 06:26 PM
Hi guys heres my submision..

thanx

http://youtu.be/Cso4Ao3xZAE

Rudemod 69
03-06-2015, 06:32 PM
Nice work, Funkster. Here's hoping it gets the Uplay treatment. :)

funktastic-
03-06-2015, 06:43 PM
thanx rude its been hard not rushing it and getting involved with the new dlc hahaha. I like making x cross tracks but its a dam bummer that we cant use to many animations

Looking at the video it looks really dusty and dark but its much clearer than it appears , not sure why it seems like that. all bikes are possible on it too , ok the panda is still some what tricky hahah but i tried to make sure there was other avenues for them to us

IImayneII
03-06-2015, 10:49 PM
Since I was working on 2 xsupercross tracks anyway since beta I tought I would just send one of them in :D It wasn't possible to use DLC objects during beta so never added them afterwards either but I think the tracks turned out fine without them.

Name: HW4 - Eismitte
Platform: PC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hN57LzD-hk&index=5&list=PL6MIfgXkMENmqceM9JmFrsoaKVYUXgRgG

VEGASTRASH
03-07-2015, 12:53 AM
Here's my entry:

http://youtu.be/NwAFeTgekuU

PS4
PSN:VEGASTRASH01
Track: Lavarun Invitational
Level: Hard

RetiredRonin
03-07-2015, 01:28 AM
So, I'm not sure if I get to judge or not, but these videos have me pumped. I'm a big fan of technical up hills, as I've said before, so... Some REALLY nice stuff.

VEGASTRASH
03-07-2015, 07:57 AM
So, I'm not sure if I get to judge or not, but these videos have me pumped. I'm a big fan of technical up hills, as I've said before, so... Some REALLY nice stuff.
What time EST is the stream for Tuesday. I look forward to looking at the entries being run.

elCamsterino
03-07-2015, 03:07 PM
I've uploaded my entry HW4 Sub Crust on X360 today, don't have the gear to post a video unfortunately. but hope you enjoy it.

There is some lag in areas, my apologies. But whatever I tried to fix it made it worse... Apart from the Physics bubble (thanks to TeriXeri :cool:)

Edit: now the track is on TC the lag has gone through the roof... :-/ can't apologise enough, I've not been around to test it on TC

Best of luck to everyone. ;)

PS I wont be able to watch the stream on Tuesday as I'll be working :( but I'll be checking it out as soon as I can.

PPs Thanks to everyone who helped with my questions and thanks to CannibalShogun and DJ 2witchy for the XSX Editor streams. :D keep up the good work guys

funktastic-
03-07-2015, 05:51 PM
Really sorry to hear that elcamsterino must be a bummer to have done all the work and that happen , its happen to me before on trials tracks once you start to get the lag im not to sure its very easy to get rid off never mind what you do. every solution or tweaking of the performance doesnt seem to do anything. Not when i have had probs. This is why i an weary of adding to many effect or animation and so forth because i find even if u remove them once the lag starts it just stay , does for me anyhow.

Least you made one and gave the effort in taking part dude , always good to see :)

elCamsterino
03-08-2015, 10:18 AM
must be a bummer to have done all the work and that happen

Least you made one and gave the effort in taking part dude , always good to see :)

"YUP!" thanks dude, it's not even that heavy on the stats overlay... Thats whats annoying me most :mad:

Redlynx_Shogun
03-08-2015, 10:52 AM
What time EST is the stream for Tuesday. I look forward to looking at the entries being run.
According to this (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Trials+Live+Editor+Stream+XSX+H omework+Review&iso=20150310T17&p1=101&ah=2) daylight savings starts for you guys this week making it 11am EST (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Trials+Live+Editor+Stream+XSX+H omework+Review&iso=20150310T17&p1=101&ah=2). Is it really daylight savings time already?

Seeing some awesome tracks on PS4, can't wait to see what's on the other platforms tomorrow.

Ozy Be
03-08-2015, 01:38 PM
:)Here's my effort,
Looking at the vids above it's a poor effort lol, but an effort none the less,

Platform - Xbox One
Creator - Ozy Be
Difficulty - Easy
Platinum - 26sec

Roach built but all bikes competitive;)

HW4 - Cold Snap

http://youtu.be/3Eo-rodhtcc

Good luck in the contest everyone;)

edit;
I won't be around to catch the stream on Tuesday either,
But will get to the VOD hopefully,
So any feedback and advice in stream would very much appreciated,
As the track has started off in TC with all dislikes, there's obviously something very wrong with it...
Ah well:o

Ozy Be
03-08-2015, 01:44 PM
now the track is on TC the lag has gone through the roof...
Might have something to do with the headlights mate,
which don't appear in the map until it's shared to TC:nonchalance:
I tried to leave room for it in mine and now I feel it's a little too dark lol

IImayneII
03-08-2015, 01:52 PM
Might have something to do with the headlights mate,
which don't appear in the map until it's shared to TC:nonchalance:
I tried to leave room for it in mine and now I feel it's a little too dark lol

If you want you can turn off headlights for TC. You have to set the track to trials mode and turn off the headlights there. They won't be on when you play it from TC. You can also use this to tweak settings in triggers/events (animations) for when people play your track on TC because at the moment they have "reset at checkpoint reset" option on by default, while with a xsupercross track in a private race/editor it's OFF by default. So if you use them animations might behave differently depending on where you play the track. (TC vs Private)

Ozy Be
03-08-2015, 02:35 PM
:)Thanks very much for the tip mate,
It's enough for me just to get a track built at all lol
All these workarounds just give me headache... but great to know we can take control if needed,
Cheers :)

PneumaticBog484
03-09-2015, 03:34 AM
Last minute entry!

Platform: Xbox One
Name: HW4 - Paine Island
Difficulty: Easy
Platinum: 36 sec.

I'll try to get a video up tomorrow. :p

Everyone else's looks awesome. Yours is far from "poor effort" ozy, looks great man :)

I won't be able to catch the stream either Tuesday, but I'll be sure to watch the VOD! Any feedback is appreciated, I made the track in about a week.

Best Regards,
- PneumaticBog484

Ozy Be
03-09-2015, 11:19 AM
;)Cheers Bog... Having just played your Paine Island:eek:brilliant:)good luck in the comp

edit; is that all entries posted above?
Just searched the tag on xb1 and only found Bog's and my own,
Anyone searched other platforms?
The deadline was last night, right?

Great looking tracks above anyways,
Hope to see them all cross platform:D

PneumaticBog484
03-10-2015, 08:48 PM
;)Cheers Bog... Having just played your Paine Island:eek:brilliant:)good luck in the comp

edit; is that all entries posted above?
Just searched the tag on xb1 and only found Bog's and my own,
Anyone searched other platforms?
The deadline was last night, right?

Great looking tracks above anyways,
Hope to see them all cross platform:D

Thanks ozy :) Badger really wanted to get the Panda on your track haha :D

Also, did the map have any framerate issues Shogun, Badger, or DJ? I didn't get a chance to test it myself :p

IImayneII
03-10-2015, 09:27 PM
Just want to say grats to the winner and everybody participating.

It was very fun to see the judging phase live on stream. I hope that happens more as we usually don't get to hear so much feedback from RL on our tracks. And I also think the judges did a very good job so. Until the next homework challenge!

Ozy Be
03-11-2015, 12:43 AM
Badger really wanted to get the Panda on your track haha :D
Hehe yea just watched the vid, they seemed to have some fun on it, few laughs, ooh's and ahh's, and that's all that matters init :)
Would really appreciate some follow up feedback though from the judges if possible;)
I can't learn so much from "that's nice, that's not","the decorations a bit meh" lol, and am always willing to learn, if it's not too much to ask... no worries:)

GG RL, thanks for the comp:D
Congrats to the winners, cheers for some nice additions to TC (hoping to see 'em all crossed over as I do enjoy a good sx track)
Look forward to next comp, hopefully, can't have enough decent tracks:)
Cheers to ye;)

Redlynx_Shogun
03-12-2015, 11:39 AM
Also, did the map have any framerate issues Shogun, Badger, or DJ? I didn't get a chance to test it myself :p
There were very few performance issues across all the tracks, I didn't notice any on yours. I was really bummed yours and a few other couldn't be in the top 3. All the tracks were so good it was really hard to nail it down to 3.

Btw. who do I need to contact for the prizes?
If you haven't already you should get a message from Shifty. You could also just PM your address to me or Shifty.

PneumaticBog484
03-12-2015, 11:29 PM
There were very few performance issues across all the tracks, I didn't notice any on yours. I was really bummed yours and a few other couldn't be in the top 3. All the tracks were so good it was really hard to nail it down to 3.

Thanks Shogun :) I thought I saw some issues in the VOD but it was probably just Twitch or something :p

Thanks for playing! I'm ready for another challenge :D