PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Unity-Mostly Story [EARLY-GAME SPOILER]

conponny
02-10-2015, 12:12 PM
As an AC fan right down to my bone ever since the very first game, I ofcourse made sure to 100% that all factors I needed to fully enjoy an Assassins Creed game where all set.
So I bought a new computer, rolled a joint, blabla old headset bla bla. I reached joining the Brotherhood and I must say that I am very impressed with the story so far.

The thing I enjoyed most in this session was Elise and Arno as kids. As soon as his Father died my heart started pounding thinking of the confrontations and character relations this game can have. At first I thought Elise as, I wouldnt say adrenalinjunkie so soon, but rather a daredevil. I imagined the story being something like Arno escaping to the streets of france where he grows up stealing to survive much like a French Alladin. Then I imagined him being found by the Assassins as a teenager in a random encounter which leaves the player pondering if the encounter was truly coincidental.

Being high and all my thoughts kept getting the best of me and I imagined Elise being somehow sentenced to death as seen in her reveal trailer which Arno finds out about and leaves to rescue her. Thus we come to the epic confrontation of "You.. you're that boy, right?"
I was shocked when Elise revealed that she was a templar but I am not disappointed yet as it might connect Arno and Elise even better and I can understand the designers point of view as it does give the story some awesome potential. All I can do is trust that they don't blow their chance at the story which they usually do. Probably because they launch another game every year. I've read alot of review that says the game is **** though so I am truly terrified..

Now for the mechanics..
Unity is the first Assassins Creed game I've played on a PC since I wanted a PC over a PS4 and I find the controls really difficult.
Of course you have to get used to it but I find myself leaping in the opposite direction of my objectives to many times.
Neither do I like that you have to press Parry simultaniously as they're attacking. Why not just stick with the defensive stand??

As I mentioned before, I've only played to the point where you join the brotherhood but so far I give the game:

- 5/5 Story potential
- 5/5 Game Environment
- 2/5 Game Mechanics
- 4/5 Character Personalities
- 4/5 Gameplay

I would love to read comments of what other thought of the game in general but I ask you to respect that I havent finished the game and leave any major spoilers out.
Thanks!
// Conponny

wichking
02-10-2015, 07:49 PM
i wont spoiler you but dont get your expectations of the story to high. Th disapointment might be heavy. I love AC since AC 1 and played except of rogue every game so far. Gameplay wise Ac unity improves itself but also suffers from deleting good features of previous games. The Npc behavior( only the citizenz) is awesome and very much alive but the guards Ai imo needs alot of improvement. i dont understand why they dont alarm the bell instantly when they spot dead bodies or encounter you. Also i dont know why they dotn check hidepoints anymore. They run around haystacks and so on like in Ac 1.

Story wise its pounding way to much. In the beginning the story is truely awesome but it starts to suffer. Especially the modern day story part from bishop spoilers wayyyy to much and takes away the excitement. Also they couldnt deliver the characters besides elise and arno. I miss the feels like i had in Ac 3. there i litteraly understood every characters motives. I could feel them and especially connors sad life made me sad aswell. I really hope next Acs will bring such emotions back in their stories with improved gameplay and more sandbox possibilities.

pogojoe73
02-10-2015, 10:12 PM
I've seen so many people complain about Unity but I think it's great. What controller are you using to play it? I was using a XBOX one controller until I figured out how to use a PS3 controller wirelessly.

http://youtu.be/NHCxfMBQQJs

Feel free to add me as a contact. I'm looking for someone to play co-op with.

conponny
02-11-2015, 02:01 PM
I've seen so many people complain about Unity but I think it's great. What controller are you using to play it? I was using a XBOX one controller until I figured out how to use a PS3 controller wirelessly.

http://youtu.be/NHCxfMBQQJs

Feel free to add me as a contact. I'm looking for someone to play co-op with.

I used the keyboard at first but switched to a PS3 controller. I would love to play CO-OP but I'm currently changing internet which is schedueled (Spelling lol) to turn on the 22nd..
So I can only reply at work..