PDA

View Full Version : Few questions about the end and Dead Kings (Spoilers)

CeeJay Reilly
02-10-2015, 01:37 AM
Ok I feel like ive missed a few things, I have a few questions and would much appreciate it if someone could answer them

1. You get kicked out the Brotherhood near the end but does he get back in or something ? or is he just going against the brotherhood and doing what he wants?

2. Why is he trying to flee france?

3. What was that Elise lookalike all about? I thought we were going to find out more about that.

4.Is there any word on anymore DLC?

I enjoyed this AC game but its annoying me that the Modern day story doesn't seem to have a story and its really annoying me how apparently we wont get another Arno game, I'm sick of getting a new assassin in every game

Fatal-Feit
02-10-2015, 01:53 AM
Sure thing. =p

1. You get kicked out the Brotherhood near the end but does he get back in or something ? or is he just going against the brotherhood and doing what he wants?

Chronologically it's Germain and Elise's death -> Dead Kings -> Ending monologue

Yes, Arno rejoins the Brotherhood many years after once he had moved on from Elise's death and understood the Creed. Dead Kings is a prequel that shows him overcoming his grief and becoming an Assassin again.

2. Why is he trying to flee france?

Arno is depressed over the events in Paris and that was his method of escaping it all.

3. What was that Elise lookalike all about? I thought we were going to find out more about that.

Arno is still grieving over the loss of Elise so he mistook a look-alike for her out of anguish.

4.Is there any word on anymore DLC?

Maybe some equipment packs but as far as I know Chronicles China is the last one. =p

DemonLord4lf
02-10-2015, 02:20 AM
I enjoyed this AC game but its annoying me that the Modern day story doesn't seem to have a story and its really annoying me how apparently we wont get another Arno game, I'm sick of getting a new assassin in every game

Tell that to the people who complained about the Ezio trilogy...

Fatal-Feit
02-10-2015, 02:27 AM
I'm contempt with one game for every protagonist. Unless their stories and its moral aren't complete (like AC2), a sequel is unnecessary. Revelations didn't need to exist and I would have much rather preferred Brotherhood to remain a DLC.

Connor, Shay, and Arno are my most favorite protagonists and I don't believe they need a sequel. Their stories and the message it told was done.

DemonLord4lf
02-10-2015, 02:28 AM
I'm contempt with one game for every protagonist. Unless their stories and its moral aren't complete (like AC2), a sequel is unnecessary.

I believe Arno needs one to answer all the questions everyone has about what happened. Not that i want to ever see Arno again... Also Connor and Aveline need one, since it was hinted that they team up together with other assassins.

CeeJay Reilly
02-10-2015, 08:03 AM
Wait so the next dlc is in China and has nothing to do with Arno? I don't inderstand that

DemonLord4lf
02-10-2015, 08:26 AM
Wait so the next dlc is in China and has nothing to do with Arno? I don't inderstand that

Think of it as another AC III Liberation. A small game that has nothing to do with the game that's been released. A whole new assassin, a new location, a new story. Oh and here's the kicker, its suppose to be a 2D side scroller :D

CeeJay Reilly
02-10-2015, 08:29 AM
My god wtf s wrong with ubisoft these days

DemonLord4lf
02-10-2015, 08:30 AM
My god wtf s wrong with ubisoft these days

There hasn't been any news of it lately, so hopefully they got their heads out of their butts and decided to change it to a small full scale game instead. One can only hope. After its released i'm going to sell my Unity and then try to purge it from my memory ^_^

EDIT: ok maybe that was a bit harsh... Unity had its upsides... a few... but they were there... i enjoyed the game somewhat...

CeeJay Reilly
02-10-2015, 08:51 AM
Yeh I enjoyed the game for the most part too, like I love the new parkour and stuff but this companion app stuff has really annoyed me, the fact you need to use it to get 100% is a joke

DemonLord4lf
02-10-2015, 08:53 AM
Yeh I enjoyed the game for the most part too, like I love the new parkour and stuff but this companion app stuff has really annoyed me, the fact you need to use it to get 100% is a joke

For me, the fact that they gutted the combat system and said it was more innovative pissed me off to no end. You didn't innovate anything you just gutted it and left us with fewer options. A few people like it, but those are the ones that think AC is a ninja stealth game.

TexasCaesar
02-20-2015, 08:30 AM
For me, the fact that they gutted the combat system and said it was more innovative pissed me off to no end. You didn't innovate anything you just gutted it and left us with fewer options. A few people like it, but those are the ones that think AC is a ninja stealth game.

Gutted is a little harsh. The combat doesn't feel as complex as in III, where you had those great double-kills and the ability to chain any two kills (counter somebody with a sword then use a rope dart to spear his mate in the neck!), but it did finally solve the problem of the combat being too easy. Naw, what I miss is decent stealth. No whistle, guards never stand close enough to hiding spots, guards barely ever patrol, no ability to move bodies, no throwing knives, never enough Phantom Blades to get anything done...

DemonLord4lf
02-20-2015, 08:36 AM
Gutted is a little harsh. The combat doesn't feel as complex as in III, where you had those great double-kills and the ability to chain any two kills (counter somebody with a sword then use a rope dart to spear his mate in the neck!), but it did finally solve the problem of the combat being too easy. Naw, what I miss is decent stealth. No whistle, guards never stand close enough to hiding spots, guards barely ever patrol, no ability to move bodies, no throwing knives, never enough Phantom Blades to get anything done...

It might be harsh, but its how i feel... I like the old combat style. I was a trained Assassin, who was trained to deal with any possible situation. I'll agree the combat was a bit on the easy side, but they could've turned up the enemy AI or put in more enemies you couldn't counter kill or chain kill. Those guys really changed up the game when they were introduced.

Also, i would seriously kill for something that could be considered real stealth. They're headed in the right direction with Unity, but its got a very long way to go.