PDA

View Full Version : Heroes 3 HD Edition IPAD - Good but kinda disappointing

Souldrinker1985
02-09-2015, 05:50 PM
I was waiting for this game since IPAD 1 and it finally arrived, i instantly bought it, however there are some features missing that should really be part of the game:

- It needs online multiplayer : Unless you have a friend or brother living with you there is no way you're gonna use the hotseat option. This game needs a online feature and not having it is a huge disappointment.

-It needs a random map generator: I don't really care about the expansions campaigns, but having an option that let's you have infinite replayability is a huge feature in the game that's missing.

- Needs better touch controls in combat. Having to tap and hold to select melee range is not intuitive. Just pressing the enemy would be better, and according to the position you pressed an hex would be selected.

-Also you could have made better animations for combat.

This game could have been a perfect port of heroes 3 with awesome graphics, however it was stripped of many of its features without any reasonable explanation. It seemed kinda rushed while you could have really worked on it carefully since no one was really expecting this one.

This game could have been THE GREATEST GAME ON IPAD miles ahead of every other game. However it was rushed and lacks many features, even the PC version, and you priced it more expensive than buying the GOG version which has everything included and you can easily patch it with HD mod

Yojimbo2522
02-11-2015, 12:32 AM
- Needs better touch controls in combat. Having to tap and hold to select melee range is not intuitive. Just pressing the enemy would be better, and according to the position you pressed an hex would be selected.
The UI needs improvement, no question there.

I thought about the above but a single tap on its own isn't enough. You need to have functionality to allow the player to check the information details of a unit. Currently that is 2 taps. However you could make the tap+hold the trigger for the information details screen as that is used less, so effectively swapping how you invoke information details with initiating melee combat.

The unit number value display needs to be more dynamic. There's too many occasions where I'm contemplating attacking an opposing unit and I can't see how many they number because it's masked by another unit. They always need to be visible.

I would also like to be able to check a hero's information details. If I tap I just get the spell book. There's information there that will influence how I conduct my troops in combat.

victorash
02-13-2015, 04:58 PM
The unit number value display needs to be more dynamic. There's too many occasions where I'm contemplating attacking an opposing unit and I can't see how many they number because it's masked by another unit. They always need to be visible..

Usually double-tapping on the unit gets you to see the info. the tap should not be that fast because then you would shot with the archer or encounter a bug if you have the melee unit (I'll post this bug later... waiting for the patch first). the first tap will select the unit and the second one will show you the info