PDA

View Full Version : Damage bug type VIIc?

tmdgm
02-08-2015, 10:52 PM
I just played a campaign with a type VIIc 1944 on patrol in the North Sea, grid AF47. I dove to avoid destroyers, and about 130-140 meters, it said i was taking damage. But when i went to the damage screen, i put people in the damage repair dept and tried clicking on the compartments but it showed no damage. So i went about my business avoiding the destroyers and it kept saying taking damage as i dove to ~160 meters. Then it said the sub was lost due to flooding.

I'm guessing type VIIc has a lower depth tolerance?
Why didn't it show any damage to repair?

I just uninstalled and reinstalled SH3 1.4b with GWX 3.0. So this was my first campaign with the new install. Been playing SH3 since 2006 and haven't had any bugs, even with the saving of campaigns.

tmdgm
02-08-2015, 11:43 PM
k, i just played in a different sub and it looks like damage from diving too deep does not show up as repairable damage. Damage from a ship shows up fine (I've seen this in the past more than I prefer), but i guess i never realized the damage from diving too deep didn't show up on the damage control page. I'm usually taking damage from the enemy if I'm that deep anyway.

Also, i'm assuming the type viic must have a max depth of 135 meters.

tambor198
02-11-2015, 11:14 PM
k, i just played in a different sub and it looks like damage from diving too deep does not show up as repairable damage. Damage from a ship shows up fine (I've seen this in the past more than I prefer), but i guess i never realized the damage from diving too deep didn't show up on the damage control page. I'm usually taking damage from the enemy if I'm that deep anyway.

Also, i'm assuming the type viic must have a max depth of 135 meters.

Accodinh to wikipedia the test depth fo the viic was 230 meters.
Crush depth was 250 to 270 meters.

Jose.MaC
02-23-2015, 12:52 AM
Maybe you just crashed against the bottom.

tmdgm
04-20-2015, 12:15 AM
Maybe you just crashed against the bottom.

Nope, was in deep water, without a doubt.

Anyone have any experience with the type VIIC? This seems like a bug because it is 100% repeatable. I start taking damage at ~135 meters.