PDA

View Full Version : AC Victory to have new combat system!!! (Rumor)

Defalt221
02-08-2015, 06:35 PM
http://www.crossmap.com/news/assassins-creed-victory-release-date-new-assassins-creed-game-to-launch-at-e3-2015-ubisoft-to-in-16247
Well? Here are the facts...
Remember the La Flair thing last year who said Unity had horizontal wall running parkour? Well it's true isn't it? Because you can diagonally run along walls to climb in Unity.
Now,it's said Victory has intuitive combat. Remember that combat could potentially be more complex due to lack of swords in Victorian setting.So to prevent the over-complexity of combat,Victory could have intuitive combat that will be easier to control.

Altair1789
02-08-2015, 06:41 PM
I don't think they'll change the combat that much. I don't hope they will either, it had few flaws to me. I hope they give us more customization options with weapons (rather than clothing), as in the option to have 2 pistols, 4 pistols, 1 pistol, dual swords, 1 sword, or daggers and tomahawks with a sword, etc. From what we've seen, I wouldn't be surprised to see clothing customization+initiate MD gone, and I hope they will be gone. Also, throwing knives and fist fighting (which means we can assume hidden blade fighting is also coming back) is a huge + for me

JustPlainQuirky
02-08-2015, 06:41 PM
As reported by Master Herald, "Assassin's Creed: Victory" will be introducing a new combat system, which will be more "intuitive" as which Ubisoft's goal for the game to be, considering this is a request of its players. The main character for "Assassin's Creed: Victory" will be able to blend in the crowd and would be able to walk around unnoticed (but no invisibility cloak involved here). If this were true, then the players of the game would truly be happy. However, based on the pictures, the clothing of the assassin is far too fabulous for invisibility.

Read more: http://www.crossmap.com/news/assassins-creed-victory-release-date-new-assassins-creed-game-to-launch-at-e3-2015-ubisoft-to-in-16247#ixzz3RB0Ee38Q

who the hell is Master Herald?

And strange. The combat was one of the few things I was fine with in Unity.

It wasn't great, but best land combat in all AC games thus far.

D.I.D.
02-08-2015, 07:02 PM
This article reads like it was written by a small child with a head injury.

Perk89
02-08-2015, 07:39 PM
Uh yeah I, not sure that guy seems.... You know... Credible.

Xstantin
02-08-2015, 07:45 PM
Nothing to see there :rolleyes: just like any Division news bit these days

king-hailz
02-08-2015, 07:46 PM
Well I do think they will change some things... I think it will still be like unity! It won't be a complete overhaul, probably like AC1 to AC2...

Von_Till
02-09-2015, 12:55 AM
I will continue to protest UBI every day every week every month every year.
UBI be remake the ACU!
UBI be change the story of ACU as in the E3 cinematic trailer!!!
ACU's story was the worst story of the franchise!!!!!
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Preach on, man. Preach on...

Any change is a welcome change in my opinion. Good or bad, at least Ubi can build off their foundation and tweak a little. Bit by bit. If not, so be it.

I thoroughly enjoyed AC:U and its inclusion of "change".

SixKeys
02-09-2015, 01:02 AM
Well I do think they will change some things... I think it will still be like unity! It won't be a complete overhaul, probably like AC1 to AC2...

AC1 to AC2 was a complete overhaul.

DemonLord4lf
02-09-2015, 01:07 AM

Well i hope it'll be something that both groups of players can enjoy. Those who enjoyed the old style and those who think Unity's combat system was good.

m4r-k7
02-09-2015, 01:08 AM

AC 1 to AC 2 was a massive overhaul....but in terms of combat 1 on 1 (excluding new ways to assassinate enemies) the sword fighting was exactly the same. (Hold RT for defence and then instant counter)

AC 1 to AC 3 is more of an overhaul in terms of combat.

SixKeys
02-09-2015, 02:09 AM
AC 1 to AC 2 was a massive overhaul....but in terms of combat 1 on 1 (excluding new ways to assassinate enemies) the sword fighting was exactly the same. (Hold RT for defence and then instant counter)

AC 1 to AC 3 is more of an overhaul in terms of combat.

The sword combat in the first two games wasn't exactly the same. AC1 had heavy attacks with the sword (holding the attack button) whereas AC2's strikes got more powerful with consecutive hits (blue streaks). AC2's counter window was also much wider. But AC3 was definitely a bigger overhaul in combat.

Fatal-Feit
02-09-2015, 02:52 AM
I'm expecting it to be very similar with plenty of reused animations. At most, it'll be like what ACB was to AC2.