PDA

View Full Version : How many of you are interested in Patrick Desilets new project?

king-hailz
02-08-2015, 05:34 PM
Well hi! I guess I'm 'back'... Anyways, with all the hype around the next AC already here... I was wondering how many of you AC fans are excited about the next project by Patrice Desilets, all we know so far is that it is an historical action adventure survival third person game...

If you didn't know Patrice Desilets is the original creator of AC, and he recently started his new company Panache Digital Games since he was fired by ubisoft!

I am very very excited, so are you excited or not so much?

JustPlainQuirky
02-08-2015, 05:36 PM
Im interested in it more than Victory

Mainly because there's no guarantee of excessive collectibles, 473987498 point systems, microtransactions, transmedia, overly complex puzzles, neglected modern and ancestor plots, and/or paragraphs of text in emails/glyphs/etc.

aL_____eX
02-08-2015, 05:36 PM
Excited 10/10

Im interested in it more than Victory

Mainly because there's no guarantee of excessive collectibles, 473987498 point systems, microtransactions, transmedia, overly complex puzzles, neglected modern and ancestor plot points, and/or boring data collecting.
That's they keyword. Most of the things are cool to have in the game, but it's just too much.

Xstantin
02-08-2015, 05:39 PM
Interested because of the survival bit.

m4r-k7
02-08-2015, 05:40 PM
Very interested. I hope its basically a reboot of Assassins Creed to be honest xD

aL_____eX
02-08-2015, 05:45 PM
Very interested. I hope its basically a reboot of Assassins Creed to be honest xD
As far as I know this specific project is not '1666: Amsterdam'. Unfortunately.

JustPlainQuirky
02-08-2015, 05:45 PM

The protagonist is a man named Delsin who relieves memories of his descendant Alistar by entering the machine called the animech.

m4r-k7
02-08-2015, 05:46 PM
As far as I know this specific project is not '1666: Amsterdam'. Unfortunately.

Nobody knows unfortunately. We don't know if he was able to keep that IP or not. A man can hope!

aL_____eX
02-08-2015, 05:49 PM
The protagonist is a man named Delsin who relieves memories of his descendant Alistar by entering the machine called the animech.
SMH

Nobody knows unfortunately. We don't know if he was able to keep that IP or not. A man can hope!
I wasn't trying to say that the project is dead, but this game is most likely a different thing. I remember some hints in the E-Mail people received from his new studio.

JustPlainQuirky
02-08-2015, 05:51 PM
I'm surprised he didnt do a kickstarter.

Seems to be a running trend these days.

I guess he has more dignity.....and money

RADAR__4077
02-08-2015, 05:53 PM
I was wondering why the story was so far off course, then I heard about all of this.

I can't wait for news about his new project. I doubt I will play any future ac games unless major changes are made since a good alternative is on the way.

AC has lost the "wow" factor as far as story goes, which is what kept me interested in the series. Without the story it's just a cool historical fiction action game.

This new game on the way will be just as creative and addictive as the early games in the AC series. At least I hope so.

Also the "survival" bit has me very curious. I really want to hear more about that.

Xstantin
02-08-2015, 05:54 PM
Any of you subscribed to their email thingy?

aL_____eX
02-08-2015, 05:56 PM
Any of you subscribed to their email thingy?
Here's the mail:

Dear friends of Panache Digital Games,
It is my utmost and greatest pleasure to write you today. One month ago, my team and I launched Panache Digital Games for the world to see. Thousands of you came and visited www.panachedigitalgames.com and subscribed to our newsletter, with no knowledge or promise on our part, simply by your curiosity and interest in my past work. Even though I have been in forced silence for quite a while now, you’re still here. I want you to know that I am deeply touched by the fact that after all this time; you’re still supporting my team and I.

So what is Panache Digital Games? It’s a brand new AAA game development studio, based in Montreal and founded with my good friend and long-time ally, Jean-Francois Boivin, in the summer of 2014.

Indeed AAA Games, I believe in them. I believe wholeheartedly that this medium we call “video games” can be a positive force for change in our society and that AAA quality gaming experiences have unmatched strength to achieve this. For you see, dear friends, I’ve always had an underlying ambition in my work: to move the world of games. It is with this motivation that I designed Assassin's Creed. I believe that, somehow, I succeeded in my mission. This gives me great motivation, ambition and heart to continue the adventure.

Unfortunately however, this letter will not reveal what we’re currently working on over at Panache. Not right now, it’s just a tiny bit too soon. What I will say is that we’re working on a 3rd person Historical-Action-Survival game. Something that we have done quite well in the past. !

That said, I wanted to find a way to thank you for your patience and your outburst of good wishes and love. For you, our first and beloved supporters, my team and I have decided that we will give you a full copy of our next game. Let’s call it a free to play game that’s not a “free-to-play” game. You have taken the time out of your busy schedules to give us your email contact info, to join us and become our first community. Again, simply out of trust, out of love for what we’ve done in the past. We continue to be deeply touched by the gesture. We’ve identified your email addresses as such and will continue to keep you informed of our progress in future communications. Until then, I invite you to subscribe to our various social media channels on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or LinkedIn and to continue to share with us. Don’t forget to invite your friends and family. We want a fanatically engaged, numerous and diverse community. Also don’t forget to visit www.panachedigitalgames.com for constant updates.

Finally, I wish you all (that live in parts of the world where we take a break this time of year) the very best holiday wishes, and to all, I wish you a great 2015 full of Panache!

Patrice

JustPlainQuirky
02-08-2015, 05:59 PM
just subscribed

i wonder if it's too late for a free game :rolleyes:

Xstantin
02-08-2015, 06:02 PM
Thanks, aL___eX
I was thinking about subscribing in case of any clues, but I guess it'll be all over gaming websites anyway if some new info get out

wvstolzing
02-08-2015, 06:08 PM
I'm not sure how I feel about the 'survival' bit. They say "we don't do trendy game models or content" on the Panache website, but '3rd person action survival' is pretty much the dominant trend nowadays.

Have you seen the latest Super Bunnyhop? George has really good points about this trend:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCmmYF4rOwo

RADAR__4077
02-08-2015, 06:08 PM
just subscribed

i wonder if it's too late for a free game :rolleyes:

Lol same here :p

Xstantin
02-08-2015, 06:13 PM
I'm not sure how I feel about the 'survival' bit. They say "we don't do trendy game models or content" on the Panache website, but '3rd person action survival' is pretty much the dominant trend nowadays.

I'd take trendy survival stuff over transmedia and persistent online tbh

SpiritOfNevaeh
02-08-2015, 06:13 PM
As the original creator of AC, I would love to see what project he's bringing into the spotlight :)

Hans684
02-08-2015, 06:14 PM
More than Victory.

aL_____eX
02-08-2015, 06:15 PM
@wvstolzing: First Person Zombie Survival games are even worse. They're flooding the market.

JustPlainQuirky
02-08-2015, 06:16 PM

Have you seen the latest Super Bunnyhop? George has really good points about this trend:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCmmYF4rOwo

just watched the video.

i agree so so so so much

the reason I believe the last of us is overrated

gameplay-wise it is generally safe and lacks innovative ideas.

aL_____eX
02-08-2015, 06:19 PM
just watched the video.

i agree so so so so much

the reason I believe the last of us is overrated

gameplay-wise it is generally safe and lacks innovative ideas.
TLoU is not overrated. You're right, it didn't set new gameplay standards, still it had maybe the best narrative in the last 5 years. At least for me. If you compare it to modern AAA story standards, it's outstanding.

JustPlainQuirky
02-08-2015, 06:20 PM
TLoU is not overrated. You're right, it didn't set new gameplay standards, still it had maybe the best narrative in the last 5 years. At least for me. If you compare it to modern AAA story standards, it's outstanding.

I disagree about the narrative. It is a trope-filled story with unoriginal concepts/ideas. The only saving grace is the performance/presentation. (I.E. the execution)

It's highly predictable and in my opinion does not deserve to be considered a masterpiece by the majority of the gaming public.

Too safe gameplay.
Unoriginal story.
Phenomenal presentation.

But that's just me.

aL_____eX
02-08-2015, 06:25 PM
Predictable =/= bad story/narrative

I hate that term of saying a story is 'predictable' because for me it's not about how the story flow is but how the characters develop within the storyline in terms of emotions, actions etc. And TLoU did that perfect. I felt with the characters, and I always felt like I was in the middle of the action.

JustPlainQuirky
02-08-2015, 06:27 PM
Predictable =/= bad story/narrative

I hate that term of saying a story is 'predictable' because for me it's not about how the story flow is but how the characters develop within the storyline in terms of emotions, actions etc. And TLoU did that perfect. I felt with the characters, and I always felt like I was in the middle of the action.

The story was unoriginal. That is an important factor.

And yes I concede the performance of the characters was good but that wasn't enough for me to be impressed by the game as a whole because I've seen those kinds of characters a thousand times before in zombie apocalypse genre.

But like I said that's just me.

Xstantin
02-08-2015, 06:27 PM
Interesting bits about TLOU :) I thought UI was really nice too, although that probably is a minor thing to many players

aL_____eX
02-08-2015, 06:29 PM
The story was unoriginal. That is an important factor.

And yes I concede the performance of the characters was good but that wasn't enough for me to be impressed by the game as a whole because I've seen those kinds of characters a thousand times before in zombie apocalypse genre.

But like I said that's just me.
I think, TLoU would have worked in any other genre as well.

But let's discuss this somewhere else, we're off-topic.

king-hailz
02-08-2015, 07:05 PM
I think we can confirm the upcoming game is not Amsterdam 1666 since in the 'Team' section of the website it says that Patrice Desilets was working on a game in 2013 called 1666 Amsterdam... and he has said that the only things we know about the new game is the genre...

m4r-k7
02-08-2015, 08:47 PM
He got me at "historical"

We know what he is capable of .

Should be good!

Shahkulu101
02-08-2015, 09:17 PM
I'm interested, sure, but I don't kiss Patrice's feet like he's a God.

I'm excited to play a historical open world game that's not bogged down by excess side 'content'. There's also a large possibility his game will have heart and some creative spark, something that AC has been lacking. That said, until I here more I'm not excited - I remain merely intrigued.

Alphacos007
02-08-2015, 09:53 PM
I'm very interested, do we have an estimate announce date or anything? I heard of the project just recently.

JustPlainQuirky
02-08-2015, 09:58 PM
would be hilarious if released same day as Victory

Hans684
02-08-2015, 10:29 PM
would be hilarious if released same day as Victory

It should, a great wake up call from Patrice to Ubi.

SpiritOfNevaeh
02-08-2015, 10:38 PM
It should, a great wake up call from Patrice to Ubi.

Now that I think about it, did he ever say why he was fired?

And if so, was it the same reason he was fired the second time?

SixKeys
02-09-2015, 12:54 AM
Not gonna get excited before we know anything about the game. If it feels too much like an AC clone, then there's no reason to bother, but hopefully they'll bring something new and interesting into the genre.

SixKeys
02-09-2015, 01:00 AM
Now that I think about it, did he ever say why he was fired?

And if so, was it the same reason he was fired the second time?

The first time he left on his own, as I recall (needed a break from the industry or somesuch). When he came back, he started putting together his own team for his next game. The problem was that he was pulling those team members from Ubi (including the same Jean-Francois Boivin who's mentioned in the OP), even though he was still bound by a no-compete clause. Ubi felt he was trying to take advantage of them and fired him the same day. Then Patrice and his team moved to THQ, the company eventually went bankrupt, Ubi bought them out and I guess they were still spiteful about his earlier behavior because they fired him again almost immediately.

Fatal-Feit
02-09-2015, 03:06 AM
I'll be excited when I hear more. Some screenshots or tech demos would be great. I love me some historical tourism. The more the merrier.

kriegerdesgottes
02-09-2015, 03:57 AM
I'm interested in just about anything Patrice does. It's such a travesty we will never see 1666. Thanks a lot Ubisoft.