PDA

View Full Version : AC Unity Technical Problem

Raziaell
02-08-2015, 04:43 PM
Hi everybody,
I'm italian so sorry for bad english.
I bought AC unity on Uplay and I'm playing it. I have a bad technical problem:
Sometimes in-game there are freeze of 2-3 seconds. This doesn't happen always.
In fact, this happens especially after loading an area, but sometimes it happens in certain area
and sometimes not. I have an i5-2500k and 2xradeon hd 6970, but to change graphics options
or to disable crossfire don't help to solve this problem.
Thanks everybody for patient and support

seville57
02-08-2015, 04:54 PM
Hi everybody,
I'm italian so sorry for bad english.
I bought AC unity on Uplay and I'm playing it. I have a bad technical problem:
Sometimes in-game there are freeze of 2-3 seconds. This doesn't happen always.
In fact, this happens especially after loading an area, but sometimes it happens in certain area
and sometimes not. I have an i5-2500k and 2xradeon hd 6970, but to change graphics options
or to disable crossfire don't help to solve this problem.
Thanks everybody for patient and support

Many people have this problem, I have it and there some threads about it on this forum.

Have 1 Asus GTX Titan with 6GB Vram and a Intel i7 3930K.

Sorry if I could not help you, but you're not alone with this problem.

Raziaell
02-08-2015, 05:16 PM
No solution at this moment? You have this problem with a TITAN GPU? Bad story, bro :nonchalance:

dargor5
02-08-2015, 05:43 PM
No solution at this moment? You have this problem with a TITAN GPU? Bad story, bro :nonchalance:

We all have this problem and some (myself included) think is a CPU related issue were the game suddendly peaks and freezes everything till cpu usage goes down, this freezes are not in game because if you try to alt+tab or bring up task manager during this freeze nothing happens.

I lost hope for a fix to this but is something I can live with

seville57
02-08-2015, 06:14 PM

I had have this problem since the game was released.

The only solution is to unstall the game, bro.

There are always problems with ubisofts PC games, always.

Raziaell
02-08-2015, 06:58 PM
I had have this problem since the game was released.

The only solution is to unstall the game, bro.

There are always problems with ubisofts PC games, always.

When AC 4 was released, I was able to run it only with slow graphics options. At that time
I had only one Radeon hd 6970. When I bought second one video cards, AC 4 ran with all
graphics settings at higher version e with good filter at 60 fps. So, Unity is second AC which
doesn't run well on my PC, instead of watch dogs, which was good on my PC with crossfire
both enabled or disabled. So I cannot understand why each time Ubi releases a game, It does
same errors.

YazX_
02-08-2015, 10:06 PM
one thing i can advise you to do and see if it fixes the problem, go to Bios and change these settings:

1. Disable High Precision Timer.
2. Disable Intel Speed step (if you have intel CPU)
3. Disable C1-state.

The first step is very important since games have a game timer to calculate time between rendered frames, this may cause errors in timing calculations if enabled.

Raziaell
02-09-2015, 05:20 PM
one thing i can advise you to do and see if it fixes the problem, go to Bios and change these settings:

1. Disable High Precision Timer.
2. Disable Intel Speed step (if you have intel CPU)
3. Disable C1-state.

The first step is very important since games have a game timer to calculate time between rendered frames, this may cause errors in timing calculations if enabled.

So I try your suggestion, and they work in a certain way. In fact, now the situation has changed. When I start the game, there are micro freeze of about 4 or 5 seconds during splash screen like nvidia logo, ubisoft logo, and others. Next, in-game there aren't freeze. Only every 20/30 minutes, there is a period of time in which there are 5 seconds of freeze and 10 normal, so on for a short but boring period of time. So, thanks for support but, do you have other suggestions? And the fact that I disabled High precision Timer can cause instability or bad perfomance in other applications?

YazX_
02-09-2015, 06:23 PM
So I try your suggestion, and they work in a certain way. In fact, now the situation has changed. When I start the game, there are micro freeze of about 4 or 5 seconds during splash screen like nvidia logo, ubisoft logo, and others. Next, in-game there aren't freeze. Only every 20/30 minutes, there is a period of time in which there are 5 seconds of freeze and 10 normal, so on for a short but boring period of time. So, thanks for support but, do you have other suggestions? And the fact that I disabled High precision Timer can cause instability or bad perfomance in other applications?

Well , you can skip intros by renaming the intro files so the game would start without splash screens, to do that (go to step 2, SLI flickering fix, dont worry its just renaming intro files):

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/984398-PC-ACU-Troubleshooting-Guide-And-Possible-Solutions

5 seconds freeze every 20-30 mins MIGHT be solved if you have an SSD, if you install the game on SSD then reading speed will be 10 times fater than normal H.D.D, therefore this freezing might be gone.

According to High Precision Timer, its used for multimedia basically and only windows XP SP3 and later versions of windows (So WinXP until SP2 didnt support it and no one ever noticed the difference) have support for it, i have it disabled all the time in every PC i've built, it doesn't affect anything and my PCs have been rock stable and never crashed/BSOD.

tcarlisle2012
02-09-2015, 11:26 PM
It isn't entirely accurate to say "we all have the same problem" because not everyone does. I don't see this issue on two machines. If I did have the issue I would certainly capture metrics via windows performance monitor while playing to see if a could correlate these freezes to a particular compute resource.

One of the systems I run this on (and don't see the issue) has a Q9660 CPU so I doubt the issue is CPU bound. If it is, then people have something running whilst playing th egame that they shouldn't -- or some driver is taking a lot more than it should.

I install only the NVdia drivers and none of the optional stuff like gaming experience, etc. as I have seen issues (memory leaks).

People that have this issue with Titan cards, that has to be the worst.

Raziaell
02-10-2015, 05:28 PM
It isn't entirely accurate to say "we all have the same problem" because not everyone does. I don't see this issue on two machines. If I did have the issue I would certainly capture metrics via windows performance monitor while playing to see if a could correlate these freezes to a particular compute resource.

One of the systems I run this on (and don't see the issue) has a Q9660 CPU so I doubt the issue is CPU bound. If it is, then people have something running whilst playing th egame that they shouldn't -- or some driver is taking a lot more than it should.

I install only the NVdia drivers and none of the optional stuff like gaming experience, etc. as I have seen issues (memory leaks).

People that have this issue with Titan cards, that has to be the worst.

In my case, I never had problem with games, and I play with my PC about 80 games in 4 years. If Ubisoft sells 1 million copies of a game, and 1000 people have problems with that game, maybe themselves are the problem. But with AC Unity, I think about 50% of players have problems, so I think that Ubisoft must do something to change the situation. Unity is a good AC game, and it's terrible that lots of guys miss it only for technical issues. I read that they are working on a new patch, I hope that this patch will fix all problems. I will wait this patch to play the game, because solutions that I tried don't fix the situation in a good way.