PDA

View Full Version : Idiots in missions/Vote to Kick

TheTennisOne
02-08-2015, 02:42 PM
I have been playing assassins creed unity on ps4 for some time now and it has become apparent that there are a variety of bellends who wish to prevent the rest of the team from completing a mission. For example in the tournament mission all players must get together at a point in the middle before getting the flags. However 1 player refuses to go to that point and sits at the shop at the edge of the map throwing poison gas at those that want to be part of the mission. This guys name is ABO--DOSHMA and it is ruining my experience. Can a vote to kick function be implemented to prevent this from happening? What are everyone elses thoughts, thanks

I do also realise that there is a kick option but generally the person who is hosting it is the guy messing around

Thanks for reading!

wildp1tch
02-10-2015, 10:53 AM
What a sad experience. Thankfully this never happened to me. I only had to wait for someone occasionally to collect a sync point.

I suppose your only option is to leave the game session, other than you being the host and kicking someone out. (I wasn't even aware that this is an option). I don't think a vote out feature will be implemented into Unity, but it might be a valuable suggestion for future releases.

SixKeys
02-10-2015, 11:21 AM
Vote to kick wouldn't work in Unity since the missions automatically ends if one group member gets disconnected.

Griefers suck, but vote to kick sucks even more because it can be so easily abused. Even if you're doing everything right, some people will try to kick you because they don't like your voice, gender, character outfit etc.

Perk89
02-11-2015, 02:51 PM
As I've said before, I think the best possible thing they could do is remove the integration of multiplayer entirely from the single player narrative. Give multiplayer it's own game mode-it's own developer playground for them to do with what they please-and leave this kind of stuff out. Nobody wants this kind of thing interrupting the experience they paid 60 dollars. Why would I want people like this to be a part of what is supposed to be a compelling AC narrative? (Not to mention the immersion, btw, as I doubt one of Arno's comrades ever did anything like the OP described to him during the course of his mission)

Multiplayer just doesn't belong in Assassin's Creed in this fashion.