PDA

View Full Version : Noob needs help

jbaker2003
05-04-2004, 03:40 PM
Hey, all, I am very new to this game. In fact, I'm just now doing the IL-2 Sturmovik demo, but it seems cool. For the life of me, I can not figure out where I need to fly on these demo missions. I start off in the air and the minute I go left or right the copilot berates me. Isn't there a control somewhere that tells me exactly where I need to fly and how to get there? Any help is appreciated.

jbaker2003
05-04-2004, 03:40 PM
Hey, all, I am very new to this game. In fact, I'm just now doing the IL-2 Sturmovik demo, but it seems cool. For the life of me, I can not figure out where I need to fly on these demo missions. I start off in the air and the minute I go left or right the copilot berates me. Isn't there a control somewhere that tells me exactly where I need to fly and how to get there? Any help is appreciated.

carguy_
05-04-2004, 03:48 PM
Don`t listen to the copilot or the wing commander.They`re like old ladies without their remote control.

The compass always shows the way you need to go.Ofcourse some of them are more convenient. Navigating in Russian,RAF machines is very hard.

You should read some cockpit manuals to know with all the gauges.

PS.If you want to see the waypoints - in difficulty settings enable the "minimap path" option and during flight see the map.

http://carguy.w.interia.pl/tracki/sig23d.jpg

jbaker2003
05-04-2004, 08:29 PM
Thanks for the info! I'll try it again.