PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade Tree

SlyTrooper
02-07-2015, 08:35 PM
Just wanted to post something that I put on the off-topic thread:

"Just been playing Prototype 2 earlier. I forgot how fun it is to upgrade. There's no greater joy than putting an experience point into movement & then running 2x faster than before. AC really needs to do something similar for its upgrade tree. Obviously the Assassin shouldn't run 2x faster every time we upgrade, but it would be interesting to have enemies be faster or as fast as us at the start of the game & then unable to keep pace once we've upgraded. What do you guys think?"

To expand on this, I would like to make the point that this kind of upgrading should really apply to all parts of the upgrade tree, not just running. Here are some ideas:

Movement

Running - As said above.

Jumping - We could start off only being able to jump really short distances, but as we upgrade through different tiers (4 or so) the protagonist could be able to jump as unrealistically far as Arno.

Rolling - I would not have it as simple as upgrading once to roll & I would also not make it so a button needs to be pressed. Instead, I would have it so the protagonist gets better at rolling every time we upgrade, which in turn reduces the amount of damage we take from falling. This would mean we die really easily from heights at the beginning, but eventually can survive large falls.

Combat

This is very similar to how Unity did it, only more expansive.

Weapons - I'm talking about this generally because this type of upgrading should apply to all weapons. But, for the sake of making it easy to understand, I will use the example of swords.

So the first tier of the swords sub-section would be what we unlock at the start of the game to get us started. This would allow us to use swords at a basic level. After that, there would be at least 6 different upgrade tiers, which would increase swinging speed, damage etc... After receiving the first tier of swords as default, we should be able to choose which weapon skill to upgrade later. This would be the usually range of heavy weapons, blunt weapons, rifles etc...

Stealth

Noise - Pretty simple here; just upgrade to make us harder to hear as we move in stealth mode.

Speed - This would up the speed we move when crouched.

Obviously more could be added, but this is all I can think of at the moment.

Eagle Vision

Distance - No need of explanation

Time - This would dictate how long we can use it for.

Other than this, Ubi should make it so we get smaller abilities, such as being able to mark enemies & stuff like that.

A final point I would like to make is that Ubi should stick with the traditional xp system. Getting points from missions is dumb. We should just level up from playing & get xp boosts from missions. This makes you feel like you're progressing because you're doing it at your own pace. Unity didn't make me feel like I was doing it myself because I couldn't upgrade without doing all the missions. Victory seems to be using xp, as seen in one of the screens, so here's hoping.

Would you guys like to see changes like these to the upgrade system?

DemonLord4lf
02-07-2015, 08:39 PM
I was just messing with ya in the off topic thread, but you really put some thought into this. Hopefully Ubisoft looks into doing something like this. Make combat feel more fun and more complex and give stealth a chance to grow as well. Gives the player the option of being a melee assassin or a stealthy assassin or perhaps a well balanced assassin. If they did that in Unity, I wouldn't have complained about the combat system since I would know that I haven't put enough points into my combat skill tree to make me the badass assassin I want to be.

Also, those who want to be pure stealth can put all their skill points into the stealth tree and just be a stealth assassin.

This whole idea is amazing, the more I think about it, the more I like it.

Please UBISOFT!!!! Please look into doing something like this.

SlyTrooper
02-07-2015, 08:43 PM
I was just messing with ya in the off topic thread, but you really put some thought into this. Hopefully Ubisoft looks into doing something like this. Make combat feel more fun and more complex and give stealth a chance to grow as well.

You may have been joking, but you made a valid point. Besides, I've wanted to talk about this for a while.

DemonLord4lf
02-07-2015, 08:44 PM
You may have been joking, but you made a valid point. Besides, I've wanted to talk about this for a while.

You quoted me as i was editing my post. You have put a lot of thought into this and I'm actually really excited over the idea.

Also, in the combat tier, add chain kills, counters and all the other stuff they removed from Unity that was in previous games. This way the player gets to choose the kind of combat they want to have.

SlyTrooper
02-07-2015, 08:47 PM
You quoted me as i was editing my post.

I need to slow down & give you a chance. :p

DemonLord4lf
02-07-2015, 08:51 PM
I need to slow down & give you a chance. :p

It's fine. I do like your ideas though. I added a bit more in my last post, since i didn't want to double post. :) You're idea would really give more freedom to the player and I think thats what this game needs.

The_Pashker-Man
02-07-2015, 09:48 PM
the skills tree will split to 4 sections:
1.combat
2.stealth
3.movment
4.eagle senses

combat:
-x weapon training(x=sword, axe ,bow...)
-dual wielding
-combat roll
-double block(block two at once)
-chain kills
-tool kills
-disarm
-garb
-better melee attacks
-weapons cost less to make
-ground takedown
-wall run takedown
-combat roll takedown
-heavy attack
-hidden weapon attacks(hidden blade, gun, hidden flamethrower)

stealth:
-bare hand assassination
-hidden blade assassination
-double assassination
-ouad assassination
-octa assassination
-Throwing knives
-slide
-air assassination
-double air assassination
-ouad air assassination
-leg hidden blades
-x weapon assassination
-leap assassination
-assassination from blend spot(separate to different blend techniques like dancing, sit on bench)
-takedown and drag body
-tool assassination
-take knife from one enemy and throw on the other(like in fc3)
-swing assassination
-wall run assassination
-shadows blend

movment:
-slide
-roll after jumps
-jump long distance
-use tool while hanging
-rope swinging
-slide faster
-sprint(run faster)
-wall run
-rope wall run
-break objects (wood fances, doors and windows)
-throw objects (boxes and tables while runing)

eagle senses:
-basic eagle vision
-eagle hearing (like in the last of us)
-white room assassination (you start with flashback like arno)
-white room dual (one on one quick event fights)
-white room finisher (stab an enemy and you can get information and random missions from him)
-eagle sense (let you know when to block the enemy)
-blood trace (showing patrols of gaurds and if enemy run away you can find him later)
-slow motion combat
-weak spots on enemy(leg, hand, head)
-enemy eye sight radar

after you max out every skill you get special ability like connor from tyranny of king washington:
combat-Bear Might
stealth-Wolf Cloak
movment-Eagle Flight

this is not the full list of skills.

"the bear, the wolf and the eagle. i know who you are samuel, you are an assasssin"
"the path of the assassin lead to the heart of the templar"

sorry for bad english

DemonLord4lf
02-07-2015, 10:50 PM
the skills tree will split to 4 sections:
1.combat
2.stealth
3.movment
4.eagle senses

combat:
-x weapon training(x=sword, axe ,bow...)
-dual wielding
-combat roll
-double block(block two at once)
-chain kills
-tool kills
-disarm
-garb
-better melee attacks
-weapons cost less to make
-ground takedown
-wall run takedown
-combat roll takedown
-heavy attack
-hidden weapon attacks(hidden blade, gun, hidden flamethrower)

stealth:
-bare hand assassination
-hidden blade assassination
-double assassination
-ouad assassination
-octa assassination
-Throwing knives
-slide
-air assassination
-double air assassination
-ouad air assassination
-leg hidden blades
-x weapon assassination
-leap assassination
-assassination from blend spot(separate to different blend techniques like dancing, sit on bench)
-takedown and drag body
-tool assassination
-take knife from one enemy and throw on the other(like in fc3)
-swing assassination
-wall run assassination
-shadows blend

movment:
-slide
-roll after jumps
-jump long distance
-use tool while hanging
-rope swinging
-slide faster
-sprint(run faster)
-wall run
-rope wall run
-break objects (wood fances, doors and windows)
-throw objects (boxes and tables while runing)

eagle senses:
-basic eagle vision
-eagle hearing (like in the last of us)
-white room assassination (you start with flashback like arno)
-white room dual (one on one quick event fights)
-white room finisher (stab an enemy and you can get information and random missions from him)
-eagle sense (let you know when to block the enemy)
-blood trace (showing patrols of gaurds and if enemy run away you can find him later)
-slow motion combat
-weak spots on enemy(leg, hand, head)
-enemy eye sight radar

after you max out every skill you get special ability like connor from tyranny of king washington:
combat-Bear Might
stealth-Wolf Cloak
movment-Eagle Flight

this is not the full list of skills.

"the bear, the wolf and the eagle. i know who you are samuel, you are an assasssin"
"the path of the assassin lead to the heart of the templar"

sorry for bad english

Hidden Flame Thrower? Interesting... not sure how it would work for an assassin, but interesting none the less. Other then that, I think you did an amazing job of breaking down a list of potential skill trees.

The_Pashker-Man
02-07-2015, 11:35 PM
Hidden Flame Thrower? Interesting... not sure how it would work for an assassin, but interesting none the less. Other then that, I think you did an amazing job of breaking down a list of potential skill trees.

the hidden Flame Thrower is used mostly for keep enemys and other people away to kill only your targets and also used for movments (jump boosts and ropes burning)
i writing an ac stories and most of my ideas from them shows up in the game
in one of the stories the assassin use the hidden crossbow(2011) just like the phantom blade but longer range, and stronger.(in ac4 you can see codex of the hidden crossbow in the office).
also in my stories you can use the animus with every dna and the desin look like anumus omega.

so there is alot of hidden weapons, and blend and assassination techniques most of them used by johnny kipilton and died with him.
like:
-the hidden Flame Thrower
-the hidden revolver gun
-the hidden bow(full foldable bow)
-the hidden blades of eden
-the advanced rope dart(mostly used for parkur)
-the hidden dynamite blade(stab, run and boom)
-leg hidden blades

blend and assassination techniques like:
-dance assassination
-bar assassination(poison to the drink)
-dress like the enemy
-wall run assassination(you run on the enemy like wall kill him and get boost up with jump
-swing assassination( with the rope dart)
-octa assassination (two with hands hidden blades and two with legs hidden blades)
-bullet punch( punch someone and shot from the hidden gun at the same time)

DemonLord4lf
02-07-2015, 11:48 PM
the hidden Flame Thrower is used mostly for keep enemys and other people away to kill only your targets and also used for movments (jump boosts and ropes burning)
i writing an ac stories and most of my ideas from them shows up in the game
in one of the stories the assassin use the hidden crossbow(2011) just like the phantom blade but longer range, and stronger.(in ac4 you can see codex of the hidden crossbow in the office).
also in my stories you can use the animus with every dna and the desin look like anumus omega.

so there is alot of hidden weapons, and blend and assassination techniques most of them used by johnny kipilton and died with him.
like:
-the hidden Flame Thrower
-the hidden revolver gun
-the hidden bow(full foldable bow)
-the hidden blades of eden
-the advanced rope dart(mostly used for parkur)
-the hidden dynamite blade(stab, run and boom)
-leg hidden blades

blend and assassination techniques like:
-dance assassination
-bar assassination(poison to the drink)
-dress like the enemy
-wall run assassination(you run on the enemy like wall kill him and get boost up with jump
-swing assassination( with the rope dart)
-octa assassination (two with hands hidden blades and two with legs hidden blades)
-bullet punch( punch someone and shot from the hidden gun at the same time)

Ah. So the flamethrower would be used for crowd control and not fighting. That makes sense. The hidden dynamite blade sounds unnecessarily complicated. I want it lol

The_Pashker-Man
02-08-2015, 12:01 AM
Ah. So the flamethrower would be used for crowd control and not fighting. That makes sense. The hidden dynamite blade sounds unnecessarily complicated. I want it lol

If you look closely on the leak photo of victory. The fight on the carriage you can see samuel using the spin blade and not a regular hidden blade. Spin blade open like the switch blade from acb multi but with only on side of blade. Unlike regular hidden blade that coming out of your hand.
Moving your arm like the spin direction and the attack will be stronger like what samuel doing in the picture.

DemonLord4lf
02-08-2015, 12:04 AM
If you look closely on the leak photo of victory. The fight on the carriage you can see samuel using the spin blade and not a regular hidden blade. Spin blade open like the switch blade from acb multi but with only on side of blade. Unlike regular hidden blade that coming out of your hand.
Moving your arm like the spin direction and the attack will be stronger like what samuel doing in the picture.

So do you work for Ubisoft or are they taking all your ideas and using them?

The_Pashker-Man
02-08-2015, 12:10 AM
So do you work for Ubisoft or are they taking all your ideas and using them?

No, i wish i was.
But i guess great minds think the same.

DemonLord4lf
02-08-2015, 12:17 AM
No, i wish i was.
But i guess great minds think the same.

That, or they know who to steal from.

RADAR__4077
02-08-2015, 01:24 AM
I'm all for customization and over looking minor unrealistic details for the sake of fun, but this thread is getting ridiculous!

A flame thrower? Something about a dynamite blade? That's going overboard.

I like alot of stuff like the collapsible bow, but I think it should stick to buying a variety of tools and weapons in shops.

Unless they come up with a better way to earn skill points. Unity left me feeling empty because by the time I upgraded my skills, the story was almost over.

SlyTrooper
02-08-2015, 01:30 AM
I'm all for customization and over looking minor unrealistic details for the sake of fun, but this thread is getting ridiculous!

I like alot of stuff like the collapsible bow, but I think it should stick to buying a variety of tools and weapons in shops.

Unless they come up with a better way to earn skill points. Unity left me feeling empty because by the time I upgraded my skills, the story was almost over.

Just so we're clear, that definitely was not what I was proposing. :p

Fatal-Feit
02-08-2015, 02:54 AM

Haha! You took the words right out of my mouth.

I'm all for what Sly propose.

DemonLord4lf
02-08-2015, 09:30 PM
I like some of what The Pashker Man said. Though a little bit of tweaking here and there.