PDA

View Full Version : To whomever I was just recently in the Tournament pain in the *ss co-op mission.

dnameless1
02-07-2015, 08:21 PM
As in the title.

That was actually pretty fun. That mission is a pain in the *ss on solo, and I actually just had fun playing that multi. So, strangers, thank you. That just became endlessly easier, and I actually had fun.

ty!

strigoi1958
02-07-2015, 08:24 PM
I've never completed the tournament solo because my free running and jumping is awful so respect to all who can do the flag part alone... I joined a club and got the skill points that way but on the forum, there are lots of members who would co-op with players and not only wait for someone, but actively show people where the skill points are and how to get them.

dnameless1
02-07-2015, 08:33 PM
I've never completed the tournament solo because my free running and jumping is awful so respect to all who can do the flag part alone... I joined a club and got the skill points that way but on the forum, there are lots of members who would co-op with players and not only wait for someone, but actively show people where the skill points are and how to get them.

I gave up on trying solo. That mission (tournament) is terrible as far as solo goes. And now I figured,who cares. Did it again with some other unknown people,and I actually had fun. As far as points go. I was pretty "proud" getting the letters solo, without getting noticed. Diid that. Then I had to do that gawdawful parcour. That's where I gave up. So, tried again now with other people I don't know, and we finiished it. It was a "breese" compared to going at it solo.

dnameless1
02-07-2015, 08:50 PM
And on a side note. I've read that some have actually managed that one solo. I have no patience for that, apart from the fact I'll probably end up throwing something into something. I've tried it solo, several times, I really just don't have the patience for that. And I read (and found out) that the controls just become infuriating (jump to a pole next to you? yeah right,try again).

edit: typo

edit2; alt-tabbed back into game and noticed an invite for just about 1 second, couldn't see where/etc. Couldn't see details for less than one second, so, there that is.

strigoi1958
02-07-2015, 10:24 PM
I saw some people do it on Youtube... they must have done it several times to work out the best route, Far beyond me :D but I've seen some guys who can parkour brilliantly... maybe they use a controller as opposed to my keyboard and mouse.

also sometimes I have pressed the wrong key and started a random invite session but it gives you a few seconds to stop it, and I assume others may have seen my invite flash up on screen temporarily.

similarly
02-08-2015, 01:58 AM
ACU is one of the few games where I've actually enjoyed multiplayer. I don't enjoy the club competitions, and I feel that club competitions have taken the feeling of teamwork out of coop missions because now everybody is off trying to get points instead of working together ... but I'm hoping that once club competitions are done (I think there are supposed to be 18 or something like that) that coop will be fun again.

wvstolzing
02-08-2015, 02:03 AM
I beat it solo 2 times; it's difficult, but doable.

It's also difficult to describe a strategy in prose, but there's a hint in what you've already written:

(jump to a pole next to you? yeah right,try again).

The 'trick' here is *not* to 'try again' things that *don't* work. So at the trial and error phase, make some mental notes as to which jumps or routes which 'should' work, in fact 'don't' -- so in your next trial, don't attempt those jumps or routes.

Alphacos007
02-08-2015, 02:45 AM
That mission is really nice when co-oping, specially in 4 people. I never tryed to do it solo, but I'm sure I wouldn't manage :p