PDA

View Full Version : (Poll) Connor vs Shay-The most epic fight!!

Defalt221
02-07-2015, 06:00 PM
Think about it...
Shy and Connor are both students of ACHILLES. But they're opposites. Shay DESTROYED the Assassin brotherhood and rebuilt Templar Order. Then Connor came and under the guidance of Achilles completely obliterated the Templar existence ALONE against all odds and re built the Assassin Order. Both of them are the strongest of their own organizations (No assassin before managed to end all Templars alone like Connor. And no Templar before managed to end all Assassins alone like Shay)
So their one on one fight could be the most EPIC FIGHT ever! So,you guys choose who you think will win. Strongest assassin yet (Connor) vs strongest Templar yet (Shay).

And sth tells me that Ubisoft will release a game that ends their stories.

VestigialLlama4
02-07-2015, 06:24 PM
In a fair fight Connor should defeat Shay no problem. Let's imagine it first a Ship Versus Ship Battle, then a Battle in a Natural Landscape.

1) The Aquila has fewer resources than the Morrigan, it still layed waste to Nicholas Biddle (Shay's replacement in the Rebel Navy) and several ships with Connor personally sinking a Man O'War singlehandedly during the Battle of the Chesapeake Bay.

2) Connor is incredibly resilient, he takes a lot of punishment, blunt-force trauma and survives. He's relentless and never gives up.

3) Connor would still be 30s-40s when he faces Shay who would be extremely old.

SpiritOfNevaeh
02-07-2015, 06:32 PM
I should say this is a no-brainer, but people have their reasons :rolleyes:

GunnerGalactico
02-07-2015, 06:39 PM
I kinda agree with Llama. If it was a one on one fight, Connor would win. If it was a naval battle, Shay would win.

Another reason why I say Connor would easily beat Shay in battle is because he would've been quite old. Shay would be much older than Haytham when he faced off against Connor.

JustPlainQuirky
02-07-2015, 09:23 PM
Shay would be an old man.

But if he collected a bunch of PoE while Connor was doing his own thing, he has a chance.

Or he could run over Connor with his ship <u>

Namikaze_17
02-07-2015, 09:36 PM
One on One: Connor (Mostly due to Age; Connor should be in his prime as Shay is fairly old)

Naval: Even ( Shay has more experience as Connor has more resources so it could go either way)

DemonLord4lf
02-07-2015, 09:37 PM
What does age have to do with anything? Remember Ezio? He was in his 40's or 50's in AC Revelations, which was quite old at that time, but yet he was still a skilled and deadly assassin.

I think it will probably boil down to where the battle takes place, not down to age.

Hans684
02-07-2015, 09:54 PM
Shay would win in a naval battle but in combat Connor is guarantied to win.

Shay has faced the bigger challenge than Connor has with his ship(legendary battles). The Morrigan is faster than the Jackdaw and deadlier than the Aquila. The Aquila would just be another frigate compared to the Morrigan and he has more experience, so even if he was close to loosing he would escape with ease because the Morrigan is faster.

It's obvious Connor would win in combat.

The_Pashker-Man
02-07-2015, 10:00 PM
shay would tell connor where charls lee is. and the will become BFF.
connor and shay will fight arno together and after arno is dead shay stab connor and everyone wins.

JustPlainQuirky
02-07-2015, 10:02 PM
well we know connor dies from old age so if there was a to-the-death battle we know in the very least connor wouldn't lose.

DemonLord4lf
02-07-2015, 10:20 PM
well we know connor dies from old age so if there was a to-the-death battle we know in the very least connor wouldn't lose.

I do believe they are talking hypothetically. Kinda like Deadliest Warriors tested who would win in a fight between 2 guys who never really fought in real life.

Fatal-Feit
02-08-2015, 03:33 AM
A better question would be the Aquila (slow but large and packs a punch) vs the Morrigan (small but quick and agile).

Defalt221
02-08-2015, 06:37 PM
A better question would be the Aquila (slow but large and packs a punch) vs the Morrigan (small but quick and agile).

I meant the on foot combat. Naval battle could be entirely different.Because Connor is very strategic but so is Shay.

wvstolzing
02-08-2015, 07:40 PM
Ratonhnhaké:ton would chop that cabbage-head into ratatouille.

Hans684
02-08-2015, 08:44 PM
But then again we had Altaïr in his 90s fighting and Ezio in his 60s and later life.

Namikaze_17
02-08-2015, 09:26 PM
But then again we had Altaïr in his 90s fighting and Ezio in his 60s and later life.

And Edward at 42 who died.

Now which camp is Shay in? :rolleyes:

EDIT: Then again, you could argue that Edward's situation killed him more than his killer.

I mean cold night, burning house, and family in danger?

No wonder he lost.

DemonLord4lf
02-08-2015, 09:32 PM

EDIT: Then again, you could argue that Edward's situation killed him more than his killer.

No wonder he lost.

Exactly. It doesn't matter how much of a badass swordsman you are, if your family is in danger, your going to get distracted.

Hans684
02-08-2015, 10:24 PM

Indeed.

He makes his own camp. :rolleyes:

No wonder he lost.

There is no trace of Shay, anyone who knows him is dead. He has the element of suprice.

DemonLord4lf
02-08-2015, 10:31 PM
Indeed.

He makes his own camp. :rolleyes:

There is no trace of Shay, anyone who knows him is dead. He has the element of suprice.

Yes that's true, but everyone has been saying connor would win because he would be younger. We were stating that age would have nothing to do with it. Now the element of surprise might help him if he can kill Connor on the first blow, after that its a pretty even playing field.

JustPlainQuirky
02-08-2015, 10:33 PM
all of this is making me want online naval.

let me ram my friends.

:rolleyes:

DemonLord4lf
02-08-2015, 10:35 PM
all of this is making me want online naval.

let me ram my friends.

Really.... -_-

JustPlainQuirky
02-08-2015, 10:36 PM
mmhmm

apparently ubi tried working on online naval multiplayer but it didnt work out or something

Assassin_M posted a thread on it

tho that's off-topic

DemonLord4lf
02-08-2015, 10:38 PM
mmhmm

apparently ubi tried working on online naval multiplayer but it didnt work out or something

Assassin_M posted a thread on it

tho that's off-topic

No i'm all for online naval thing...

Its your underlining meaning that i'm getting at... >.>

JustPlainQuirky
02-08-2015, 10:42 PM
No i'm all for online naval thing...

Its your underlining meaning that i'm getting at... >.>

m4r-k7
02-08-2015, 10:49 PM
^ They tried to do naval multiplayer but time constraints didn't allow it if I remember correctly.

Hans684
02-08-2015, 10:50 PM
Yes that's true, but everyone has been saying connor would win because he would be younger. We were stating that age would have nothing to do with it. Now the element of surprise might help him if he can kill Connor on the first blow, after that its a pretty even playing field.

Shay knows about Connor, has been in the Homestead, an expert captain(the Morrigan) and killer(prime example: Charles Dorian). Connor hasn't been up against legendary ships(legendary battles) like the Morrigan, so he'd have the element of surprise and a better ship.
Charles was like Connor don't know of Shay, so he had the element of surprise. If Shay comes to the Homestead in casual cloths without Templar symbols he can easily be seen as an old traveler and with Connor's kindness a clean kill is highly possible. Connor would great him as any other stranger passing by. But in combat, not much of a chance, Connor also has Aveline and Eseosa as support if they're there.

JustPlainQuirky
02-08-2015, 10:50 PM
^ They tried to do naval multiplayer but time constraints didn't allow it if I remember correctly.

which is such a shame.

having a fleet of like 6 friends and utterly crushing another fleet would be fun as hell.

m4r-k7
02-08-2015, 10:52 PM
which is such a shame.

having a fleet of like 6 friends and utterly crushing another fleet would be fun as hell.

Yup and theres nothing else like it already. Hopefully, if they bring back naval mechanics in a future next-gen title they could do it? I remember it being an option on one of their surveys.

JustPlainQuirky
02-08-2015, 10:54 PM
Yup and theres nothing else like it already. Hopefully, if they bring back naval mechanics in a future next-gen title they could do it? I remember it being an option on one of their surveys.

im sure we'll see naval again. it's a fan favorite.

and if it's next gen hopefully we can expect multi

DemonLord4lf
02-08-2015, 10:57 PM
im sure we'll see naval again. it's a fan favorite.

and if it's next gen hopefully we can expect multi

That would be fun. And if i see anyone named Justplainquirky, i'll make sure to stay far far away from them ^_^

JustPlainQuirky
02-08-2015, 10:58 PM
That would be fun. And if i see anyone named Justplainquirky, i'll make sure to stay far far away from them ^_^

lmfao ok

ze_topazio
02-09-2015, 12:15 AM
I wouldn't run, I would face you like a man... and lose.

DemonLord4lf
02-09-2015, 12:35 AM
I wouldn't run, I would face you like a man... and lose.

I'm sure i could beat him. I'd just wouldn't want him ramming me >.>

VoldR
02-09-2015, 01:36 AM
Ezio (Revelations)
1459 - 1511 = 52 yrs

Connor
1755 - 1776 = 21 yrs
Top shape (tackled a bear)
Ambidextrous (small blade & tomahawk/sword/club)
Silent weapons (bow, rope dart)
Guns are still available.

Good death from above (inherited by his father) couple air assassinate missions

All I know of Shay he failed against skilled assassins. Any main target mission to air assassinate?

Agile enough to dual & tripple takedowns.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vxyz4qC1NJs

Beaten Haythem a Templar grandmaster who's good at being in the front lines rather then behind a desk.

He's more frontal but do not lack stealth, and a couple of years later, who knows.

Shay Cormac
1731 - 1776 = 45 yrs
Haven't played yet, lol
So mostly questions rather then points to make.

What is the toughest HtH he's faced?

Most targets I know were either badly injured due to accidents or something before finally besting them or shot from the distance.

Can shay double or triple takedown in Rogue?

Various gadgets and weapons, loud and silent. The rifle looks cumbersome.

can someone point some facts of Shays skills, the more its a mission optional mission we can assume its he's fav skill unless he fails at it in the story.

Perk89
02-09-2015, 03:01 AM
Honestly I'm fairly confident that Connor wins on the sea as well. There isn't much in either game that speaks to their overall Captaincy ability, though it's safe to assume they're both pretty good at what they do.

as for the ships though, the Aquila simply blows the Morrigan away. It's a much, much larger ship and would have immense amounts of firepower in comparison. We aren't just talking about a cannon or two, but many, many guns, especially in comparison to a brig that is admitted within the game to be small even by brig standards. This gives the Morrigan it's one advantage-maneuverability-but that's limited and limits its firepower exponentially. We also know that the Aquila is, apparently, the fastest ship in the colonies according to in-game dialogue.

I just don't see any way it holds up the majority of the time.

its a shame we'll never get proper closure for either of them though because, you know, gotta get that new money!

JustPlainQuirky
02-09-2015, 03:02 AM
as for the ships though, the Aquila simply blows the Morrigan away. It's a much, much larger ship and would have immense amounts of firepower in comparison. We aren't just talking about a cannon or two, but many, many guns, especially in comparison to a brig that is admitted within the game to be small even by brig standards. This gives the Morrigan it's one advantage-maneuverability-but that's limited and limits its firepower exponentially. We also know that the Aquila is, apparently, the fastest ship in the colonies according to in-game dialogue.

uuummmmm

Shay took down Man O' Wars and legendary ships on his own.

He can handle connor's size and canons.

He's much better equipped and has much more experience.

VoldR
02-09-2015, 04:01 AM
Iirc, Connor once just ram a ship and boarded ut. :D
But that may be my imagination...

Perk89
02-09-2015, 04:06 AM
uuummmmm

Shay took down Man O' Wars and legendary ships on his own.

He can handle connor's size and canons.

He's much better equipped and has much more experience.

as did Connor.

Overwhelming firepower isn't exactly you just "handle"

Equipment is a game mechanic and to think the Aquila wouldn't be loaded out with basic armaments like mortars is silly, and there's nothing to suggest which one is a better sailor so saying he has more "experience" is just a guess

JustPlainQuirky
02-09-2015, 04:30 AM
as did Connor.

Overwhelming firepower isn't exactly you just "handle"

Equipment is a game mechanic and to think the Aquila wouldn't be loaded out with basic armaments like mortars is silly, and there's nothing to suggest which one is a better sailor so saying he has more "experience" is just a guess

shay's ship is faster (if you did a side by side comparison)
shay has a puckle gun (which is better than the reg gun)
And shay has a more powerful ram
Shay's ship is also easier to navigate due to smaller size

plus shay took down legendary fleets. connor didnt. experience factor there.

edit:

I've been informed legendary ships arent canon. no idea why the hell that is

VoldR
02-16-2015, 01:45 AM
edit:

I've been informed legendary ships arent canon. no idea why the hell that is

May just be for challenge for players. Was it in any campaign missions?

Star Trek have many of that issues, because the show featured very few types of ships so had to make more fictional to fiction story ships. :D

CyrussNP
08-11-2015, 05:08 PM
LOL Connor was the only Assassin that ended the Templars? Have you not played any Assassins Creed besides 3 and Rogue? Ezio wiped out the Borgia Templars AND the Byzantine Templars. That was during a time when the Templars had the most military and political power. Edward also wiped out the West Indies Templars. In fact, the damage he caused was so extensive they still had not recovered by the time of Assassins Creed 3- two generations after him! Also, Connor did not do it by himself. He had the help of the Patriots and his Assassin recruits. And don't forget that most of his Templar targets were not even warriors. The only Templar Connor killed who was a skilled warrior was Haytham and only because Haytham hesitated.

Shay on the other hand fought against the entire Colonial Assassin Brotherhood pretty much by himself. He didn't have Templar recruits to help him out. His opponents were hardened killers vs the pencil pushers Connor hunted down. In a hand to hand fight it could go either way. While Connor is definitely the more brash and brutal of the two, Shay is also adept at sword play as well. His Eagle vision is far superior to Connor's and he has the ability to sense when another Assassin is stalking him, something only Ezio has been shown to do (in Revelations if you're paying enough attention).

In a ship battle, Shay definitely takes it. The Storm Fortress is more powerful than every ship Connor faces put together. The Morrigan is too maneuverable to get hit much and has the firepower to take down the Aquila quickly. It's probably why the Assassins faked the scuttling of the Aquila while Shay was actively hunting them.

VoldR
08-11-2015, 11:45 PM
Also, Connor did not do it by himself. He had the help of the Patriots and his Assassin recruits.
Not saying he did what the poster claim...

Just want to say few things I noticed when playing the game again recently for the timeline.

The patriots did squat but provide info to him only and tackle the political stuff while Connor did most of the heavy loads. The soldiers around him only did what they're there for fight the red coats, not Templars. Biggest plan they had was dump teas which only delayed the inevitable for 6 months...

So while Altair, Ezio & even Edward had mostly peaceful areas to sneak by, while Connor had a whole war around him to get pass to reach his target with no direct aid from the army other then distraction.

Also he's the only one I noticed who actually in the cinematic had to run away after a kill. While others before him often had an army walking in to see if they needed help like a play has ended...

He only had six recruits, rookies compared to other assassins pals. Mostly not available in the main missions or at least I didn't bother using them... Love their diverse skills btw.

CyrussNP
08-12-2015, 12:04 AM
The Patriots fought the war, not Connor. He assisted them in their war, not the other way around. And remember none of Connor's targets were warriors except for Haytham.
The rest of them were either ambushed (Assassin style) or were running away when Connor killed them. Ezio fought against the Borgias with their military might and the only help he had was his own Assassin Brotherhood which he raised up and trained himself. Rome was ruled by the Borgias so there were no peaceful areas. The redcoats were not out looking to kill Connor and the Templars had less influence over them.

Not diminishing what Connor accomplished (restarting the Brotherhood and defeating the Templars) but he didn't do it any more spectacularly than Ezio or Altair and arguably less so.

VoldR
08-12-2015, 12:17 AM
The Patriots fought the war, not Connor. He assisted them in their war, not the other way around.
That's what I said.

It's the Templar that counts, hence the soldiers are irrelevant and did nothin to help kill the main target.

The only reason there's soldiers in Connors way is because of the soldiers in the colonist side... If there's no rebellion, There's no soldiers to sneak pass. So they're irrelevant to the topic...

Soldiers fight soldiers, none of them tried to take down the leader.

Furthermore, the blue coats even imprison Connor for a crime not proven. Another example of their incompetence and irrelevance in Templar hunting.

Shahkulu101
08-12-2015, 12:29 AM
The Patriots fought the war, not Connor. He assisted them in their war, not the other way around. And remember none of Connor's targets were warriors except for Haytham.
The rest of them were either ambushed (Assassin style) or were running away when Connor killed them. Ezio fought against the Borgias with their military might and the only help he had was his own Assassin Brotherhood which he raised up and trained himself. Rome was ruled by the Borgias so there were no peaceful areas. The redcoats were not out looking to kill Connor and the Templars had less influence over them.

Not diminishing what Connor accomplished (restarting the Brotherhood and defeating the Templars) but he didn't do it any more spectacularly than Ezio or Altair and arguably less so.

Don't know what game you played mate. Connor clearly turned the tide of the war for the patriots. He participated in every major battle and event. The Battle of Bunker Hill, Lexington and Concord, Chesapeake, and The Battle of Monmouth - all won due to Connor's actions. Plus he had no Brotherhood, just assistance from a bunch of rag-tag civilians. Ezio had an organised brotherhood, with multiple respected and established members like La Volpe and Machiavelli. I'm currently playing Brotherhood, and the importance of an organised, powerful Brotherhood and Assassin network is incredibly important to Ezio. He relies on them heavily to find intelligence - he needs La Volpe, Bartolomeo and Claudia to track down the Borgia and their associates. Connor does most of the work himself because the Brotherhood is literally non-existent. It's not until years later that he builds the Brotherhood into something anywhere near what Ezio had.

Not to say that makes him a better Assassin, that whole argument is trivial and pointless, but I feel you're downplaying Connor's achievements considerably.

CyrussNP
08-12-2015, 05:26 AM
While you are right that Connor's assistance was vital to the Patriot war, you are also downplaying Ezio's role in eliminating the Borgia. The Italian Assassin Brotherhood did have La Volpe, Machiavelli, Claudia and Bartalameo to assist. However, when Ezio arrived in Rome none of them were in communication with the others. They weren't working together and in fact didn't even have the basic infrastructure in place to fight against the Templars. Ezio single handedly financed them, united them and led them against the Borgias. The Assassin recruits were recruited in the same fashion as Connor's recruits, but they were trained to a much higher degree and had a large impact on the entire Mediteranean region. In other words, Ezio raises his own army himself and defeated the Templars with it. Connor co-opted an army that was already formed and fought alongside them to accomplish his own goals.

Again against enemies who weren't even warriors to begin with, save for Haytham. And for the hundredth time I'm not downplaying Connor. But the (sad) fact is, I'm on my fourth play through of the entire series (currently about to beat AC 3 for the 4th time) and while Connor is great- he isn't on the same playing field as Altair or Ezio.

LoyalACFan
08-12-2015, 06:20 AM
Just for the sake of the age argument... Haytham was several years older than Shay when he fought Connor, and Connor only won because of a stray cannonball.

(grabs popcorn)

Namikaze_17
08-12-2015, 06:35 AM
Just for the sake of the age argument... Haytham was several years older than Shay when he fought Connor, and Connor only won because of a stray cannonball.

(grabs popcorn)

The fight was more or less even as both men were wounded beforehand ( if you consider forsaken canon for Haytham that is). The cannonball pretty much broke up something that could've gone either way. Still gotta Connor credit though, he was more wounded than his father, but managed to hold his own against him although he was a more experienced fighter. Yeah, age was probably a factor for Haytham, but it's not like age really stopped these people before which would'nt completely stop Shay either I suppose.

EDIT: Damn, I've started it huh? :p

itsamea-mario
08-12-2015, 06:39 AM
Neither would win, because they're not real.

Sorrosyss
08-12-2015, 08:34 AM
Neither would win, because they're not real.

Juno has spoken.

:p

LieutenantRex
08-12-2015, 11:13 AM
Radoonhagaydoon would win, and I voted for him, but as Shay is losing in the polls, I'm playing Devil's Advocate.

Shay would destroy Connor in a 1v1, as he has benefitted from both Assassin and Templar training, allowing him knowledge to the former's fighting techniques, as well as superior Templar badass training. Radoonhagaydoon only knows how to fight like an Assassin, and look how easily Haytham overpowers him... TWICE!

LoyalACFan
08-12-2015, 12:48 PM
Radoonhagaydoon would win, and I voted for him, but as Shay is losing in the polls, I'm playing Devil's Advocate.

Shay would destroy Connor in a 1v1, as he has benefitted from both Assassin and Templar training, allowing him knowledge to the former's fighting techniques, as well as superior Templar badass training. Radoonhagaydoon only knows how to fight like an Assassin, and look how easily Haytham overpowers him... TWICE!

Templars don't really have strenuous physical training though, lol. Half of their membership is comprised of 200lb old farts. They're not really focused on fighting mano-a-mano, hence why Rogue didn't really feel like a Templar game to me (just an Assassin game in a snazzier outfit).

Hans684
08-12-2015, 05:12 PM
Naval - Shay

Combat - Connor

Templars don't really have strenuous physical training though, lol.

Templar Agents(ACB, ACR, AC3 and BF MP characters), Crows(Identity), Master Templars(Cross, Otso and Shay) and on rear occasions Grand Masters(Robert, Armand, Jacques, Cesare and Haytham)

Half of their membership is comprised of 200lb old farts.

Key members usually isn't, but Shay isn't that. He's a field worker, a Master Templar.

GunnerGalactico
08-12-2015, 05:17 PM
Naval - Shay

Combat - Connor

^ This!

Mr.Black24
08-12-2015, 05:47 PM
[QUOTE=Hans684;10963872
Templar Agents(ACB, ACR, AC3 and BF MP characters), Crows(Identity), Master Templars(Cross, Otso and Shay) and on rear occasions Grand Masters(Robert, Armand, Jacques, Cesare and Haytham)

Key members usually isn't, but Shay isn't that. He's a field worker, a Master Templar.[/QUOTE]

Most, if not all, of the Templars listed gotten training from other sources, such as from the Assassins and not trained directly under the Templar Order. It wasn't like how in the crusades when the Templars were just as skilled in fighting as Assassins, renounced for their skill and discipline. Where did all of this go I wonder? It worked for them before and why just drop it then?

Hans684
08-12-2015, 05:54 PM
Most, if not all, of the Templars listed gotten training from other sources, such as from the Assassins and not trained directly under the Templar Order.

Training and field workers non the less, that was the point. Shay is that, a field worker. Not a politician or any of the sort.

It wasn't like how in the crusades when the Templars were just as skilled in fighting as Assassins, renounced for their skill and discipline.

Fair point, they did change their structure from a military order to a more political one.

Where did all of this go I wonder? It worked for them before and why just drop it then?

History mate, can't change it. There is ways it go around it, the ranks i mentioned but as en entire order it won't return to the crusades.

LoyalACFan
08-12-2015, 05:54 PM
Most, if not all, of the Templars listed gotten training from other sources, such as from the Assassins and not trained directly under the Templar Order. It wasn't like how in the crusades when the Templars were just as skilled in fighting as Assassins, renounced for their skill and discipline. Where did all of this go I wonder? It worked for them before and why just drop it then?

The Templars reached the obvious conclusion that exercise and physical combat are vastly inferior to mind control and doughnuts.

Mr.Black24
08-13-2015, 01:41 AM
Training and field workers non the less, that was the point. Shay is that, a field worker. Not a politician or any of the sort.

History mate, can't change it. There is ways it go around it, the ranks i mentioned but as en entire order it won't return to the crusades.

But that's exactly it. Like if your a Templar in a position of power, it would be best to be skilled in fighting to fend off Assassinations if your guards are down or something. These Templars are "easy" once you get them cornered.

The Templars reached the obvious conclusion that exercise and physical combat are vastly inferior to mind control and doughnuts. Explains Rodrigo and the Banker's fat ***. lawl

Hans684
08-13-2015, 04:53 AM
But that's exactly it. Like if your a Templar in a position of power, it would be best to be skilled in fighting to fend off Assassinations if your guards are down or something. These Templars are "easy" once you get them cornered.

And that is a good point but it does't change how it is, sure they would have a better chance of survival by training. Then there is the fact that Assassins are professional killers, it's why even with training not all will survive and Assassins themselves don't always fight the target either, they usually get assassinated as they are busy with something.

BananaBlighter
08-13-2015, 05:07 PM
Naval - Shay: The Morrigan's faster and generally more powerful.

Combat - Connor (probably): Connor can take on way more guards, but 1v1 maybe Shay has a chance, with his OP shrapnel grenade that I always use on those dudes who chase you after killing civilians. I guess it's slow to use but it's definitely a one hit kill unlike a pistol shot.

Shay isn't like a normal templar and Rogue isn't a Templar game. Shay has the training of an assassin and Rogue is called 'Assassin's Creed Rogue', a copy and paste of 'Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag' which is supposed to be a pirate game so now I'm not sure if Rogue is a pirate game or an assassin game.

Hans684
08-13-2015, 06:39 PM
Shay isn't like a normal templar and Rogue isn't a Templar game. Shay has the training of an assassin and Rogue is called 'Assassin's Creed Rogue', a copy and paste of 'Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag' which is supposed to be a pirate game so now I'm not sure if Rogue is a pirate game or an assassin game.

That's Ubisoft's call, not disappointed fans with their dreams crushed.

VoldR
08-13-2015, 11:23 PM
For the claims of their targets... are better then who

Targets killed in a 1 on 1 fight is marked with a skull.💀

Ezio have faced only 4x people 1on1 that I can recall
Only two are impressive (Cesarean Borgia & Shakulu)
The other two is a kid & an old coward noble

The rest can be killed stealthy or chased or already dying, hence no show of their targets abilities. Few have military training, the rest are nobles, bankers, merchants, etc.

Not an impressive list

Edward have faced off two. An injured assassin from a shipwreck and the armoured bodyguard.

He do have more military targets but they're all handled stealthily...
The sage was hung by rope dart

Connor faced off two also, a ship captain Nicholas Biddle and Haytham Kenway.

One land buyer and a surgeon already beaten by Haytham & the rest all have military training. All killed stealthy or chase.

Ezio Auditore de Firenze
Uberto Alberti (A Gonfalonier)
Vieri de Pazzi (kid noble) 💀
Francesco de Pazzi (daddy noble)
Antonio Maffei (Monk)
Francesco Salviati (Archbishop)
Bernardo Baroncelli (Banker)
Stefano da Bagnone (Monk / secretary)
Jacopo de Pazzi (grandpa noble)
Emilio Barbarigo (Merchant tyrant)
Carlo Grimaldi (Noble)
Marco Barbarigo (A Doge)
Silvio Barbarigo (An inquisitor)
Dante Moro (Body guard)
Orci brothers (Mercenaries)
Girolamo Savonarola (A Friar POE)

Il Carnefice (Executioner)
Master of the Sacred Palace (a Friar)
Battista Borgia (tower Captain)
Malfatto (Doctor)
Silvestro Sabbatini (slave trader)
Luigi Torcelli (Guard)
Juan Borgia (the Banker)
Lanz (bandit)
Auguste Oberlin (Blacksmith)
Ristoro (Priest)
Gaspar de la Croix (Engineer marksman)
Lia de Russo (Smuggler)
Donato Mancini (Captain)
Charles de la Motte (A Marquis)
Octavian de Valois (General)
Ercole Massimo (Noble)
Cesarean Borgia (Captain General) 💀

Leandros (Captain)
Halim (Noble)
Mirela Djuric ("gypsy ")
Lysistrata (Actress)
Trail Barleti (Good captain)
Shahkulu (renegade) 💀
Manuel Palaiologos (fat, old Noble) 💀

Edward Kenway
Duncan Walpole (Assassin) 💀*
Julian du Casse (Arms dealer)
Lucia Márquez (Thief)
Kenneth Abraham (Officer)
Laurens Prins (old Slaver)
Hilary Flint (Demolist)
Vance Travers (Assassin bureau)
Jing Lang (Pirate)*
Wyatt (Governor)
Peter Chamberlaine (Commodore)
Josiah Burgess & John Cockram (Pirate)
Benjamin Hornigold (Pirate)
Bartholomew Roberts (Sage, Pirate)
El Tiburón (Bodyguard) 💀*
Laureno de Torres y Ayala (old Governor, Grandmaster)

Connor
William Johnson (an Official)
John Pitcairn (Royal Marine)
Thomas Hickey (Soldier, Black market)
Man O' War (Royal Captain)
Benjamin Church (Surgeon)
Nicholas Biddle (captain) 💀*
Haytham Kenway (Grandmaster) 💀
Charles Lee (General)

Nelsoh51
09-14-2015, 08:43 AM
Though i like connor better but lets be honest here...shay is much stronger and took down strong assassins..and no one should say that connor beat up haythem coz haythem could have easily killed him...its just that he had some love for him inside...who opposes?

VestigialLlama4
09-14-2015, 09:47 AM
Though i like connor better but lets be honest here...shay is much stronger and took down strong assassins..and no one should say that connor beat up haythem coz haythem could have easily killed him...its just that he had some love for him inside...who opposes?

Well Connor has high endurance, he can take a lot of punishment. In the course of AC3, he was punched in the face as a four year old, spent time in confinement but still had all his skills to save the day, got shot by canon fire and still killed Haytham, got wooden shrapnel lodged in his abdomen and still walked and moved with that, he also recovered from that by the time of Tyranny DLC.

So Connor is very hard to kill, in theory. In terms of skill, Connor is a much faster and varied fighter than Edward and Shay (who use some but not all of his achievements), he can also climb rocks from great heights as well. He also fought the toughest enemy archetypes of the games, the Jaegars, nerfed and removed in succeeding games.

Likewise, Connor committed assassinations in the middle of an open battlefield, without getting shot. That's a little more than what Shay can do. He's also multi-disciplanary in his mastery of artillery units which he can command with aplomb, his skills as a horseman in addition to his mastery of naval combat. Whereas Shay is largely a sea guy. So on the whole Connor is harder to kill, has fought tougher opponents, has a wider variety of skills and has age on his side. So I'd give Connor the victory.

EmptyCrustacean
09-14-2015, 11:14 AM
Connor would slice and dice Shay back to back!!!

onzirTbu
09-14-2015, 11:44 AM
Connor can fight and kill Shay with bare hands.