PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane changes

XyZspineZyX
11-10-2003, 02:54 PM
So what happened to the Hurricane?

I went to take off online today and the first thing i noticed on my Hurri. IIC was the fact that i only had one stage of flap available and that was landing, where has combat and takeoff flap settings gone?

Is this a known bug, does it only effect the 'C' version?

Most importantly is it going to be put right?

XyZspineZyX
11-10-2003, 02:54 PM
So what happened to the Hurricane?

I went to take off online today and the first thing i noticed on my Hurri. IIC was the fact that i only had one stage of flap available and that was landing, where has combat and takeoff flap settings gone?

Is this a known bug, does it only effect the 'C' version?

Most importantly is it going to be put right?

XyZspineZyX
11-10-2003, 03:20 PM
Wow, where have you been? That was changed some time ago. Apparently Oleg got convinced that Hurricanes and Spitfires only had 2 flap settings and changed it. Since then I read some posted info in ORR that the flaps had a switch for up/down, but that it could be stopped in any position, and that the pilots manual listed different reccomended stop positions for different conditions. Perhaps you should find that thread in ORR and bump it before 1.2 goes final.

XyZspineZyX
11-10-2003, 03:25 PM
Well Classicaero...I'd say you urgently need to get yourself into a pukka RAF squadron and reaquaint yourself with the old girl /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

S/Ldr. Ginger,
C.O. - No.601 Fighter Squadron, Auxiliary Air Force.

http://www.nzfpm.co.nz/images/small/airtoair14.jpg

The Tangmere Pilots - http://www.tangmere-pilots-raf.co.uk/

XyZspineZyX
11-10-2003, 04:33 PM
No601_Ginger wrote:
Well Classicaero...I'd say you urgently need to get
yourself into a pukka RAF squadron and reaquaint
yourself with the old girl

S/Ldr. Ginger,
C.O. - No.601 Fighter Squadron, Auxiliary Air Force.

Reaquaint myself? not too likely theres a real one sitting less than 30ft away from me right now in the hangar.

And the point made in the previous thread is absolutely correct, the procedure for the lowering of flaps is move the selector from the 'neutral' position to the 'down' or 'up' position and fire the system then a little gauge on the instrument panel will read from 10 degs down to 90 degs of flap you just stop where you want the flaps to stop, then return the lever to the 'neutral' position.

Voila flaps at whatever level you want them to be, and that is COMPLETE RUBBISH to say that a Hurri has only one stage of flap. I think you will find that most of the Brit. (pardon my un-political correctness there, u know what i mean if you read the PC thread last week) fighters of the era operated the same way, it worked like that for undercarriage as well, you have a selector that has 3 positions 'up, down and neutral' you simply push the selector lever to where you want it then fire the system and the gear will move, by either hydraulics or pneumatics dependant on system and aircraft.

XyZspineZyX
11-10-2003, 05:32 PM
I`d get onto oleg about it fast in ORR, he DOES listen...
p.s. of course pass your evidence to him as much as you can...

"Tis better to work towards an Impossible Good, rather than a Possible Evil."

SeaFireLIV.
(Spitfire & Escape Whiner Member).

Message Edited on 11/10/0304:34PM by SeaFireLIV