PDA

View Full Version : Collecting podcast questions for Dan Jeannotte (Arno Dorian)

loomer979
02-06-2015, 08:03 PM
Hey all, the next episode of The Assassin's Den podcast will feature Arno Dorian himself, Dan Jeannotte. As always, I'm collecting questions from the community. If you're interested in submitting and/or voting on questions please use the link below (do not ask questions in this thread as they will be ignored). Hope you guys are excited for it!

https://www.google.com/moderator/#16/e=1fc052

Note: Full SPOILERS for Unity and Dead Kings are allowed.

JustPlainQuirky
02-06-2015, 09:41 PM
Dan Jeonnotte did a splendid job.

That being said I dislike Arno's character so hnghhhh.

#conflicted

Regardless hope everyone else enjoys the podcast :)

DemonLord4lf
02-06-2015, 10:31 PM
How do you feel about all the negativity surrounding AC Unity?
Do you think they should have done anything different and if so what?
Do you think Arno and Shay should meet each other, and if so how would you want it to go down?

Thats all I can think of at the moment.

JustPlainQuirky
02-06-2015, 10:34 PM
Oh a Shay and Arno question would be interesting.

#2lazy2ask

DemonLord4lf
02-06-2015, 10:36 PM

#2lazy2ask

http://cdn.meme.li/i/lafzi.jpg

EmptyCrustacean
02-06-2015, 10:37 PM
Do you think it was strange doing an English accent in a French Revolution setting?

Shahkulu101
02-06-2015, 10:37 PM

#2lazy2ask

There's already a few, and I asked one.

JustPlainQuirky
02-06-2015, 10:44 PM
Good to hear.

Hans684
02-06-2015, 10:48 PM
I loved his performance but not much of his character, at least DK made him better but Arno is still the least relevant(along with Aveline) character so far that doesn't progress the story.

SixKeys
02-06-2015, 10:53 PM
I'm excited about this one. Please let him know he did a great job! :D

DemonLord4lf
02-06-2015, 10:54 PM
I loved his performance but not much of his character, at least DK made him better but Arno is still the least relevant(along with Aveline) character so far that doesn't progress the story.

Aveline could've been done a whole lot better. She does bring up the whole "Eve" thing that's later reintroduced in ACU DK.

Hans684
02-06-2015, 11:04 PM
Aveline could've been done a whole lot better. She does bring up the whole "Eve" thing that's later reintroduced in ACU DK.

She could but it wasn't a main game, spin-off is excused for being fillers because of lack of resources unlike a triple-A game like Unity. As for "Eve", she/it is a red line in the series, it's going somewhere and building up for something we have no clue of. The is a connection but we don't have the missing piece.

DemonLord4lf
02-07-2015, 12:01 AM
She could but it wasn't a main game, spin-off is excused for being fillers because of lack of resources unlike a triple-A game like Unity. As for "Eve", she/it is a red line in the series, it's going somewhere and building up for something we have no clue of. The is a connection but we don't have the missing piece.

I hope they do bring back Aveline and do her justice this time. I believe she had the best stealth feature in all the AC games.

Fatal-Feit
02-07-2015, 12:30 AM
Arno is my favorite character so I'm very excited for this one. :)

DemonLord4lf
02-07-2015, 02:44 AM
I just thought of a new one.

What is your definition on an Assassin?

Shahkulu101
02-07-2015, 05:51 AM
Top voted question

http://media1.giphy.com/media/OpfHW7WNUjtfy/200_s.gif

JustPlainQuirky
02-07-2015, 05:56 AM
congrats shahk.

good thing too because that's the 1 question i care about

I-Like-Pie45
02-07-2015, 06:04 AM
I don't like Aveline because I don't find black women attractive.

Shahkulu101
02-07-2015, 06:11 AM
If I were to answer that, I think the answer would be no.

When Arno goes on that acid trip in his first meeting with the Assassin's he kills that shadowy figure guy, which was symbolic of him accepting his fathers death. He sees no point in revenge against his father's killer because his father's gone (but they still could have gave it a mention, it's odd he just never brings it up) and there's no leads to follow, but cares about finding De La Serre's killer to redeem himself to Elise, because he knows there's evidence of something sinister brewing and because he absolutely could have stopped it if he just delivered the letter instead going after Elise.

The only way I'd see him go after Shay is if he poses a threat to France.

Mr.Black24
02-07-2015, 08:34 AM
If I were to answer that, I think the answer would be no.

When Arno goes on that acid trip in his first meeting with the Assassin's he kills that shadowy figure guy, which was symbolic of him accepting his fathers death. He sees no point in revenge against his father's killer because his father's gone (but they still could have gave it a mention, it's odd he just never brings it up) and there's no leads to follow, but cares about finding De La Serre's killer to redeem himself to Elise, because he knows there's evidence of something sinister brewing and because he absolutely could have stopped it if he just delivered the letter instead going after Elise.

The only way I'd see him go after Shay is if he poses a threat to France.
I honestly don't think so. He wouldn't go after him for revenge, but rather to learn the truth. I mean lets be real here, in the real world, when a person's loved one died due to murder, they would want to know who did it, why, and to bring him/her/them to justice. If Arno found out that it was Shay, and a Templar no less, he would go on a warpath to find out why. Like seriously, he ain't going to go wimper, "Oh Shay did it, oh ok..."

"What would Arno think of Connor?"
"Do you think Arno's path will eventually pass with Shay's? And if so, how do you have any thoughts on how you would want that to happen?"
Yes I would like to know very much!:D

GunnerGalactico
02-07-2015, 10:23 AM
Aww yes! This is the podcast I've been waiting to see. The only other time I've been this upbeat for a podcast was for Noah Watts.

I've seen some really impertinent questions, it will be hard to top those. :p

ACfan443
02-07-2015, 03:04 PM
Looking forward to this!
In spite of the out of place English accents, I thought his voice acting was superbly executed and carried a lot of weight. Also, a quick glance at his Twitter account and you'll see that he's a genuinely nice person, always taking the time to respond to and interact with AC fans, more than any other VA I know. I admire his commitment to the role and the franchise as a whole.

Wish Catherine Berube was joining him, unless you've got her lined up for a future podcast.

Fatal-Feit
02-08-2015, 04:03 AM
Wish Catherine Berube was joining him, unless you've got her lined up for a future podcast.

Loomer, plz!

aL_____eX
02-08-2015, 04:06 AM
^ Yes, please give us some Elise. :o

Alphacos007
02-08-2015, 04:12 AM
YUS, Elise and Arno together would be awesome. Not going to happen though.

arthur-peresb13
02-08-2015, 06:58 AM
Did he wish work on a sequel with Arno despite the poor reception?
Did he played any AC game before do the VC for Arno? if so, he is a fan? And what is his favorite AC game?
during recordings,was contemplated use the French accent? And a little show off a french accent would be cool too.
Some of the recordings were cut? if so, he agrees with these issues or if they were something important for the development of the character that damaged in any way?
What was his favorite line in the game?

loomer979
02-08-2015, 09:33 AM
Looking forward to this!
In spite of the out of place English accents, I thought his voice acting was superbly executed and carried a lot of weight. Also, a quick glance at his Twitter account and you'll see that he's a genuinely nice person, always taking the time to respond to and interact with AC fans, more than any other VA I know. I admire his commitment to the role and the franchise as a whole.

Totally agree with your assessment of Dan. Regarding Catherine, I don't have any plans at the moment for a podcast but if there's enough fan interest I might look into it. I honestly didn't like Elise (more due to how she was written than Catherine's performance) so doing an Elise-centric episode would require some careful handling haha.

JustPlainQuirky
02-08-2015, 05:40 PM
I honestly didn't like Elise

http://www.gifsforum.com/images/gif/high%20five/grand/high-five-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-692.gif

Many have fallen for her beauty spell, but not I.