PDA

View Full Version : Customizing character appearance in future titles

RADAR__4077
02-06-2015, 05:30 AM
How would you like character customization to work in the future? Please limit this thread to appearance only. There is already one for weapons.

For clothing I would completely customize each individual item.
First choose your pattern.
Then have the pattern broken up into 2-5 parts.
Choose the material for each part individually. Wool, cotton, leather, chainmail, metal plating, silk, etc.
Dye each part individually with a variety of colors to choose from.
Choose shape and materials for buckles, buttons, etc.
Do this separately for hood/hat, coat, bracers, belt, pants, and boots.

Of course make templates for people who don't care about customization and to inspire ideas.

Separate appearance from stats.

Weapons would be done in a similar way, but obviously there wouldn't be quite as many options.

Imagine the possibilities. Everyone would be unique and it would be fun to go online and see what other people come up with.

JustPlainQuirky
02-06-2015, 05:32 AM
Ok one last post before sleep.

I actually dont really like customization much. Really messes with the canon IMO. At least for me.

But I can see why they did it.

On the other hand I am totally open to a customizable modern day character.

That is all *hops onto bed* zzzz

DemonLord4lf
02-06-2015, 06:05 AM

I actually dont really like customization much. Really messes with the canon IMO. At least for me.

Apparently in Victory you'll need to customize how you look to better blend into the crowds. Not sure how it'll work though.

http://www.christiantoday.com/article/assassins.creed.victory.release.date.new.game.unve iled.e3.2015.ubisoft.new.combat.system/46792.htm

UbiVolfbane
02-06-2015, 04:17 PM
Thank you for the suggestions. I will pass along this information to the team as feedback and suggestions.

Shahkulu101
02-06-2015, 04:22 PM
Thank you for the suggestions. I will pass along this information to the team as feedback and suggestions.

If you can, pass these ideas onto the team as well:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1006105-CURIOUS-Customizing-Hidden-Blades

Sounds awesome and would be cool if the team considered it. :)

RADAR__4077
02-06-2015, 04:53 PM

:eek:.... thank you.... wow I honestly didn't think this would go anywhere.... you have made this guy very happy!

Also, please check out the hidden blade customization thread. Lots of ideas floating around there.

Altair1789
02-07-2015, 01:42 AM

I mostly agree with this, but if customization returns (which isn't particularly likely to happen. It may or may not return. Both are possibilities), then it may as well be extensive and improved upon.

My 2 ideas: Let us also mix and match legacy outfit parts+ some kind of belt (not sure if thats what I should call them) customization thing would be kinda cool. Maybe one of the options could be Alta´r's dagger holster or the thing Connor had holding his quiver

RADAR__4077
02-07-2015, 02:12 AM
I mostly agree with this, but if customization returns (which isn't particularly likely to happen. It may or may not return. Both are possibilities), then it may as well be extensive and improved upon.

My 2 ideas: Let us also mix and match legacy outfit parts+ some kind of belt (not sure if thats what I should call them) customization thing would be kinda cool. Maybe one of the options could be Alta´r's dagger holster or the thing Connor had holding his quiver

I want the appearance and stats customized separately.
That way people can stick with the "official" robes without being punished.

Also thank you for bringing up custom harnesses for carrying weapons and breaking down legacy outfits. I really like that.

JustPlainQuirky
02-07-2015, 02:31 AM
I want the appearance and stats customized separately.
That way people can stick with the "official" robes without being punished.

omfg THIS.

Arno's robes are the weakest smh

SnazzyGamer
02-07-2015, 02:55 AM
Awesome idea!!! As long as they're not unlocked through community grinds that won't be available after 5 months after release. I posted a poll the other day, feel free to vote on how the community events should work in terms of unlocking gear. :)

RADAR__4077
02-07-2015, 04:20 AM
Awesome idea!!! As long as they're not unlocked through community grinds that won't be available after 5 months after release. I posted a poll the other day, feel free to vote on how the community events should work in terms of unlocking gear. :)

NOOOOOOOO! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD NOOOOOOOOO!

But seriously I don't ever want to see sp gear locked exclusively behind online features again.

If stuff like that is used as an alternative, cool. But there must be a way to unlock all sp items on my own, without a absurdly long timer to punish me for buying before/at/close to time of release or relying on other people in any way, shape or form.

Check out my "legendary gear" poll to discuss this though.