PDA

View Full Version : *Early* Ta-152 report from AEP

FW190fan
03-03-2004, 01:50 PM
She is quite a machine and her 2x20mm and 1x30mm mounted on the centerline is absolutely devastating.

My quick and early impressions:

DOWN LOW:

The Dora is still better down low IMO. The Dora seems to be faster down low (as it should be) and the Dora can out-roll as it should.

Roll-rate will NOT be a problem for the Ta-152 however. I'd put it somewhere in the 90 deg/sec range at high speeds.

The area where the Ta-152 is superior to the Dora down low is that it has an awesome turn-rate, a better forward view, and the firepower is of the one-pass = one-kill variety.

I'd say the E-bleed for the Ta-152 is relatively high and she won't be one for extended low-level knife fights but for diving/slashing attacks - almost PURE BnZ down low.

Caught low and SLOW, the Ta-152 may be dead meat unless she is able to use her turn-rate to get out of trouble (Will have to fly her more to find out)

Haven't had enought time to fly her much up high yet - check back later if you don't have AEP yet and I'll try to ask any questions you might have.

http://people.aero.und.edu/~choma/lrg0645.jpg

FW190fan
03-03-2004, 01:50 PM
She is quite a machine and her 2x20mm and 1x30mm mounted on the centerline is absolutely devastating.

My quick and early impressions:

DOWN LOW:

The Dora is still better down low IMO. The Dora seems to be faster down low (as it should be) and the Dora can out-roll as it should.

Roll-rate will NOT be a problem for the Ta-152 however. I'd put it somewhere in the 90 deg/sec range at high speeds.

The area where the Ta-152 is superior to the Dora down low is that it has an awesome turn-rate, a better forward view, and the firepower is of the one-pass = one-kill variety.

I'd say the E-bleed for the Ta-152 is relatively high and she won't be one for extended low-level knife fights but for diving/slashing attacks - almost PURE BnZ down low.

Caught low and SLOW, the Ta-152 may be dead meat unless she is able to use her turn-rate to get out of trouble (Will have to fly her more to find out)

Haven't had enought time to fly her much up high yet - check back later if you don't have AEP yet and I'll try to ask any questions you might have.

http://people.aero.und.edu/~choma/lrg0645.jpg