PDA

View Full Version : AC Movie Night Idea

JustPlainQuirky
02-06-2015, 04:58 AM
The community podcast wasn't the only idea I and other forum members (and non-forum members) discussed. We had the idea for an Assassin's Creed movie night. What's an AC movie night? Well, something along the lines of watching a cutscene movie of one or more AC titles in a live stream. I know I'm not the only one who enjoys just sitting back and watching the AC narrative play on screen. It's something me and others talked about for a long time. Originally, it was going to be me and a few others casually watching an ACRogue cutscene movie in a skype chat but quickly evolved to a full-fledged potential community event. Essentially we would be watching an AC game (AC3 for example) on a livestream with a chatroom to discuss our live thoughts. I feel it's a good way to fully engross oneself in the narrative whilst interacting with fellow community members in a fun insightful way.

This specific idea won't take place for a while if it were to happen, as stream testing and such would have to take place but I just wanted to know your thoughts.

Would you be totally into just joining a stream showcasing an AC cutscene movie and watch while commenting w/ fellow forum members? Does that sound fun? Thoughts below please.

This is another idea in attempts to push more mingling within the AC community :)

X_xWolverinEx_X
02-06-2015, 05:01 AM
i want assassins creed sing alongs or story times

Namikaze_17
02-06-2015, 05:04 AM
Interesting idea.

I'd love to give my thoughts and "first reactions" over the movie(s). :rolleyes:

Can't wait. :cool:

The_Kiwi_
02-06-2015, 05:09 AM
As long as we skip Liberation and Unity, I'm up for it :cool:

Another great idea, guys

Fatal-Feit
02-06-2015, 05:09 AM
Is it every week?

JustPlainQuirky
02-06-2015, 05:10 AM
Is it every week?

Well, originally we wanted to just view the colonial saga in proper order (ACR then AC3) but we're open to exploring other options. :)

it wouldn't be weekly though.

Just at random dates that work for most people. Once a month at most probably.

Though one of the original ideas was to view ACR then AC3 consecutively for better flow.

The_Kiwi_
02-06-2015, 05:18 AM
Well, originally we wanted to just view the colonial saga in proper order (ACR then AC3) but we're open to exploring other options. :)

it wouldn't be weekly though.

Just at random dates that work for most people. Once a month at most probably.

Though one of the original ideas was to view ACR then AC3 consecutively for better flow.

The only reason they flow is because of Modern Day
Would MD segments be shown in these movies?

JustPlainQuirky
02-06-2015, 05:19 AM
The only reason they flow is because of Modern Day
Would MD segments be shown in these movies?

Actually thought of cutting out the modern day at first but it would really screw with the desmond saga. I would probably put it up for a vote.

I'm sure most people would prefer to watch a cutscene movie with all cutscenes included but I'm cool with either way.

Minsooky
02-06-2015, 06:01 AM
Yes! I definitely would be interested.

Would this include DLCs as well? And by DLCs I mean ToKW >_>;

The_Kiwi_
02-06-2015, 06:32 AM
Yes! I definitely would be interested.

Would this include DLCs as well? And by DLCs I mean ToKW >_>;

Not Freedom Cry, Da Vinci Disappearance, Battle of Forli or Bonfire of the Vanities? :rolleyes:

ze_topazio
02-06-2015, 12:03 PM
Imagine everybody in a room eating popcorns and making sarcastic comments about the plot.

Shahkulu101
02-06-2015, 12:06 PM
How about we get a Twitch channel and just stream the games?

ze_topazio
02-06-2015, 12:11 PM
You can find movie versions of all AC games on Youtube, just go there and be done with it.

Shahkulu101
02-06-2015, 12:17 PM
Oh yeah, I was going to say streaming is more fun but a movie allows you to watch the whole thing in one sitting. A twitch channel could be a good idea, though.

The movies are pretty long though aren't they? I think AC3 has 6 hours of cutscenes. :p

dimbismp
02-06-2015, 12:26 PM
This is a cool idea.Although 6 hours in one sitting is maybe too much!!Also,the cutscene movies often lack pacing!It would be better if we streamed the whole game IMO.

The_Kiwi_
02-06-2015, 12:47 PM
This is a cool idea.Although 6 hours in one sitting is maybe too much!!Also,the cutscene movies often lack pacing!It would be better if we streamed the whole game IMO.

Try watching every The Lord of the Rings Extended Edition and all The Hobbit Extended Editions in one sitting
#best20hoursofmylife

dimbismp
02-06-2015, 01:02 PM
Try watching every The Lord of the Rings Extended Edition and all The Hobbit Extended Editions in one sitting
#best20hoursofmylife
Well,i am thinking to do that too!(i think it is 12+12=24 hours iirc)
But,the thing is that Lotr is not only a movie,but one of the greatest trilogies ever.
On the other hand,no matter how much we love AC,the cutscene movies are a little bit boring and lack pace.What i am trying to say is that AC are meant to be played.It is more rewarding to watch the whole attempt for the assassination,rather than just the white room dialogue IMO.

GoldenBoy9999
02-06-2015, 01:41 PM
Another great idea! I think it would be cool for all of us to be together in one place, and it would give me a refresher on the games as well! :)

SixKeys
02-06-2015, 03:34 PM
I'll sit this one out. I'm not into watching AC games as movies.

SpiritOfNevaeh
02-06-2015, 04:57 PM
I prefer playing games then actually watching them as movies.

Considering there are full AC movies on Youtube.

There's an AC3 movie thats about 4 hours long with about 4 million views.

So yeah, it's out there already.

RinoTheBouncer
02-06-2015, 05:03 PM
Where, when and how is that?

ze_topazio
02-06-2015, 05:06 PM
^ Tomorrow at my house.

aL_____eX
02-06-2015, 10:22 PM
Where, when and how is that?
We still have to figure out a way/platform to stream the cutscene movies and be able to discuss everything at the same time. Looks like we're going to Twitch with this thing.

JustPlainQuirky
02-06-2015, 10:26 PM
I'll probably postpone on this idea

lot of people expressed interest on twitter (predominantly twitter)

but rather focus on podcast for now to see if it can actually happen

Hans684
02-06-2015, 11:18 PM
Or wait for the soon on cinema AC movie with Fassbender.

The_Kiwi_
02-07-2015, 10:09 AM
Or wait for the soon on cinema AC movie with Fassbender.

Fassbender is my waifu
The second best German that I know of

aL_____eX
02-07-2015, 02:59 PM
Fassbender is my waifu
The second best German that I know of
Awww, you...

https://38.media.tumblr.com/ecc2c6fb7c05fce15aef034f9820837f/tumblr_mfcuokQJ8s1r3d8abo1_r2_500.gif