PDA

View Full Version : AC Forum Podcast Idea

Pages : [1] 2

Fatal-Feit
02-06-2015, 03:17 AM
Hello, forum members! Several AC fans and myself have been discussing off-forums the idea of creating an Assassin’s Creed focused podcast with the general purpose of discussing Assassin’s Creed trending topics and debates with the diverse Assassin’s Creed fan community. This came about when Quirky and I expressed interest in furthering our engagements with other active forum members and the insightful debates that result from it. Ideally, we’d like to host a short podcast discussing AC news, the future direction of AC, and general thoughts on a specified subject with selected guest active forum members. Quirky will co-host with me. This would take place possibly on a Twitch stream or Youtube video. If you are interested in this idea, please do speak up. If you would like to contribute to the podcast via guest discussion or recommend someone to contribute, mention it below.

We have several AC forumers in mind already. We wanted those who are active, post insightful arguments, and have varied views to prompt discussion. Our list of possible guests so far:

SixKeys sama

Farlander senpai

Pacmanate

Assassin_M kun

RinoTheBouncer

Hans684

LoyalACFan

wvostlzing

KEVT2011 kun

Mega_Doux sama

Bmark94

AssassinHMS senpai

Ureh

Shahkulu101

Mr.Black24

I-Like-Pie45

If you are listed here, please PM/ADD me or comment below if you are interested or unable to attend. No official schedule has been posted as of yet. Communications would take place via Skype.

Let us know if you guys are interested in the idea. We want to spark life back into the community and thought this would be a good way of doing it. :o

GoldenBoy9999
02-06-2015, 03:22 AM
This is a great idea guys! I think this would be very fun and constructive for our Forum and AC Community as a whole. :o

The_Kiwi_
02-06-2015, 03:23 AM
Great idea guys

aL____eX and I volunteer to do a double guest podcast together

Shahkulu101
02-06-2015, 03:27 AM
Sounds cool, my favourite guest would be Pie.

Too bad bears can't talk.

Namikaze_17
02-06-2015, 03:31 AM
Awesome idea, guys.

I'll be happy to join. ^__^

SixKeys
02-06-2015, 03:36 AM
Sounds cool. :) What kind of topics are you thinking of covering? (Not expecting an actual list, just some rough ideas maybe.)

Would be cool if we could get some special guests like Darby-senpai, though that may be too much to hope for. Maybe Loomer, if he has the time?

JustPlainQuirky
02-06-2015, 03:42 AM
Sounds cool. :) What kind of topics are you thinking of covering? (Not expecting an actual list, just some rough ideas maybe.)

Would be cool if we could get some special guests like Darby-senpai, though that may be too much to hope for. Maybe Loomer, if he has the time?

WE ARE NOT WORTHY

http://0.media.collegehumor.cvcdn.com/79/90/c738b05e5e7bd7bfea1b4aebeeb12e62-vibratinggif06.gif

The idea was to get reception of the games specifically from the community. Having a developer kind of defeats the purpose. But maybe as a special occasion if one is generous enough.

And maybe after I leave the hospital after suffering a heart attack from the idea of speaking to senpai

loomer is still technically just a fan and not an official Ubi member so maybe.

Shahkulu101
02-06-2015, 03:50 AM
You guys could try and get some community managers to guest.

Gabe, Esco or Shade perhaps. It would be a great way for them to interact with the community.

JustPlainQuirky
02-06-2015, 03:54 AM
You guys could try and get some community managers to guest.

Gabe, Esco or Shade perhaps. It would be a great way for them to interact with the community.

That is a nice idea as well.

Right now we are exploring our options. No official schedule is set in stone.

But for those interested, my official skype username is: Raicake

Mr.Black24
02-06-2015, 03:59 AM
If you guys would have me, I would be more than happy to join!;)

Ya know its funny, I had an idea like this before, but i honestly thought that people wouldn't be interested in it. Glad it wasn't the case though!

JustPlainQuirky
02-06-2015, 04:01 AM
If you guys would have me, I would be more than happy to join!;)

Ya know its funny, I had an idea like this before, but i honestly thought that people wouldn't be interested in it. Glad it wasn't the case though!

I actually recommended you, but our list was getting too long and fatal wanted to see what the forumers wanted.

That being said being able to guest is very likely if we manage to get this all set up.

We just want to know who is available/interested and will work around that.

Shahkulu101
02-06-2015, 04:02 AM
I wasn't on the list, but I'd be interested in appearing.

Although my strong Glaswegian accent might be indecipherable.

JustPlainQuirky
02-06-2015, 04:07 AM
You also were reccomended :)

And we can work around accents.

The_Kiwi_
02-06-2015, 04:08 AM
I wasn't on the list, but I'd be interested in appearing.

Although my strong Glaswegian accent might be indecipherable.

I bet you have a sexy highlander voice :rolleyes:

Mr.Black24
02-06-2015, 04:09 AM
I actually recommended you, but our list was getting too long and fatal wanted to see what the forumers wanted.

That being said being able to guest is very likely if we manage to get this all set up.

We just want to know who is available/interested and will work around that.Really, I was?! Seriously, I am honored for this! I honestly thought I wasn't much here on the forums, thank you!
Oh and for the list, if anyone would like to hear a suggestion, we can do rotations. Like I know not everyone can host and talk. Some might be too sick or too busy, some of us can step in. Maybe we can form a group, like a group one for this week and a group two for the next? Just an idea, if anyone else wants to add on, its good. Guest starring can work too!

JustPlainQuirky
02-06-2015, 04:12 AM

you're going to be disappointed

to me, I sound like a stereotypical butch lesbian.

*groans*

Really, I was?! Seriously, I am honored for this! I honestly thought I wasn't much here on the forums, thank you!
Oh and for the list, if anyone would like to hear a suggestion, we can do rotations. Like I know not everyone can host and talk. Some might be too sick or too busy, some of us can step in. Maybe we can form a group, like a group one for this week and a group two for the next? Just an idea, if anyone else wants to add on, its good. Guest starring can work too!

We pay attention to those who contribute, no matter how low the post count ;)

The idea was each podcast would have 1 or 2 guests and we'd rotate each episode.

It's important to hone in on each individual fan's opinion.

Shahkulu101
02-06-2015, 04:18 AM

The complete opposite of sexy, actually. More like this:

http://youtu.be/AXGP4Sez_Us

Mr.Black24
02-06-2015, 04:25 AM
you're going to be disappointed

to me, I sound like a stereotypical butch lesbian.

*groans*

We pay attention to those who contribute, no matter how low the post count ;)

The idea was each podcast would have 1 or 2 guests and we'd rotate each episode.

It's important to hone in on each individual fan's opinion. True, true. I mean I hear podcasts that held the max of 5 people. We could have 3 in, and 3 out, with you and Fatal as hosts, that would be a total of 5, but it was just a though.

X_xWolverinEx_X
02-06-2015, 04:43 AM
im down for it but it might be difficult because of time zones
(would love to be a guest on the show as well)

JustPlainQuirky
02-06-2015, 04:45 AM
Here's a conceptual "logo" as you say. Will go in front of the videos. The final version will have special bar effects like in the Unity ads. Can't show it here because gifs downgrade quality significantly.

http://i.imgur.com/O4klxy5.png

Still deciding the brief intro/outro jingle. Will talk to "the group" on thoughts.

Kaschra
02-06-2015, 04:51 AM
This is a pretty awesome idea, guys!

JustPlainQuirky
02-06-2015, 05:00 AM
Please check out this thread just posted as well:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1007486-AC-Movie-Night-Idea

We noticed as a result of AC taking a downward slope, the AC community has fallen a bit silent.

This is our attempts to liven it up a bit.

D.I.D.
02-06-2015, 05:01 AM
Here's a conceptual "logo" as you say. Will go in front of the videos. The final version will have special bar effects like in the Unity ads. Can't show it here because gifs downgrade quality significantly.

http://i.imgur.com/O4klxy5.png

Still deciding the brief intro/outro jingle. Will talk to "the group" on thoughts.

If you want the right font, it's Trajan (and if you use Trajan Pro, it includes the small caps they use sometimes).

The_Kiwi_
02-06-2015, 05:02 AM
The complete opposite of sexy, actually. More like this:

http://youtu.be/AXGP4Sez_Us

omg
That's exactly how I pictured it
I want it

JustPlainQuirky
02-06-2015, 05:14 AM
If you want the right font, it's Trajan (and if you use Trajan Pro, it includes the small caps they use sometimes).

Thanks bruh.

I-Like-Pie45
02-06-2015, 06:51 AM
SORRY l DON'T DO PODCASTS, THAT'S DARBYS THING

D.I.D.
02-06-2015, 07:19 AM
Thanks bruh.

On closer inspection, while the "Assassin's Creed" part of the logo definitely began as Trajan, it's been quite heavily modified. I thought they'd just adjusted the serifs, the apostrophe and the bars on the As, but it goes quite a bit further than that with stroke thicknesses.

Still, I think the sub-headings are just Trajan, or at least Trajan still works fine with the main logo. Here's how it looks with "Community Podcast" written in that font:

http://i.imgur.com/1HcYLPJ.jpg

Kerning (letter-spacing) looks weird with this font due to the mix of fat and narrow letters, so a word like "Podcast" is always going to look strange (narrow P, fat O/D/C, narrow A/S).

The_Kiwi_
02-06-2015, 07:42 AM
On closer inspection, while the "Assassin's Creed" part of the logo definitely began as Trajan, it's been quite heavily modified. I thought they'd just adjusted the serifs, the apostrophe and the bars on the As, but it goes quite a bit further than that with stroke thicknesses.

Still, I think the sub-headings are just Trajan, or at least Trajan still works fine with the main logo. Here's how it looks with "Community Podcast" written in that font:

Kerning (letter-spacing) looks weird with this font due to the mix of fat and narrow letters, so a word like "Podcast" is always going to look strange (narrow P, fat O/D/C, narrow A/S).

I like this one, the compactness of it make it seem a lot bigger even when it isn't
But I think merging this with the background of Quirky's would be the best option

Farlander1991
02-06-2015, 11:28 AM
Cool idea :)

If we'll find time comfortable for everybody, I'm in.

dimbismp
02-06-2015, 11:49 AM
Great idea guys!The community really needs some action!I would love to listen to those podcasts!!!!!!!(and maybe participate some time in the future)

SpiritOfNevaeh
02-06-2015, 05:10 PM
Interesting idea!

And the more people that become involved, the merrier. :o

m4r-k7
02-06-2015, 05:34 PM
Really awesome idea! Would love to be involved if there was room in the future :)

Xstantin
02-06-2015, 05:40 PM
That sounds neat

Hans684
02-06-2015, 08:27 PM
Love it but I've never used Twitch and don't have a YouTube account. So I've no idea how to enter the podcast but to give the idea a bigger horizon someone could have a twitter named the same and give updates/hits(Ubi style) and someone have a YouTube account with the podcasts and some Ubi vids like trailers etc...The bigger the horizon, the bigger reach and a bigger mark left by fans. It might get the general fan voices heard better.

rrebe
02-06-2015, 08:34 PM
Podcasts? That's a cool idea!:o

wvstolzing
02-06-2015, 08:42 PM
I wasn't expecting to see myself on the list! Wow! I'm honored by this -- though I can't think what I can possibly contribute. :(

marvelfannumber
02-06-2015, 09:19 PM
This is a really cool idea, amazing to see what the community can come up with. Would definetly give it a listen.

(Thank god I am not on the list, my voice is the most monotone, boring crap)

Mr_Shade
02-06-2015, 09:26 PM
Interesting...

JustPlainQuirky
02-06-2015, 09:35 PM

This is very nice! I'll use this one!

decided to drop the movie idea for now and focus on podcast.

Interesting...

:rolleyes:

D.I.D.
02-06-2015, 09:44 PM
This is very nice! I'll use this one!

Ah, okay! I PM'd a better version to Fatal, so I'll send those links to you in a PM now...

JustPlainQuirky
02-06-2015, 09:46 PM
Yeah I'm the video/sound editor and what not so just send graphics to me if ya have any.

aL_____eX
02-06-2015, 10:07 PM
Yeah I'm the video/sound editor and what not so just send graphics to me if ya have any.
You think... :rolleyes:

Great idea guys

aL____eX and I volunteer to do a double guest podcast together
YES.

edit: Hey quirk, I'm really sorry you felt insulted. I hope you accept my apology.

https://38.media.tumblr.com/9a6aa7045f2e3a9bbe33b13ce5ea3137/tumblr_njco38DIvs1tnwpamo1_500.gif

SixKeys
02-06-2015, 11:16 PM
Mr_Shade should be a guest.

m4r-k7
02-06-2015, 11:21 PM
I don't know if you are doing this but a good idea would be to open up a youtube account named AC Community or something where you post the podcasts incase people miss the live streams :)

JustPlainQuirky
02-06-2015, 11:27 PM
@alex

pffft im not insulted. its cool bruh

I don't know if you are doing this but a good idea would be to open up a youtube account named AC Community or something where you post the podcasts incase people miss the live streams :)

we are using GoldenBoy's youtube account for testing.

Fatal-Feit
02-07-2015, 12:48 AM
Pffffffffft.

I already have a YT channel for this.

JustPlainQuirky
02-07-2015, 01:31 AM
i specified for testing.

final videos will go to ur channel :)

edit:

here's a conceptual intro. Possibly not final even tho it says it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uU5BU_rt4Is

was originally 55 seconds but cut it down for the sake of brevity

edit 2:

just discussed with "the group" and more than likely we will shift intros every episode.

Altair1789
02-07-2015, 01:52 AM
i specified for testing.

final videos will go to ur channel :)

edit:

here's a conceptual intro. Possibly not final even tho it says it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uU5BU_rt4Is

was originally 55 seconds but cut it down for the sake of brevity

edit 2:

just discussed with "the group" and more than likely we will shift intros every episode.

I like it. I think Arno's screen time is appropriate since there's 4 of him

JustPlainQuirky
02-07-2015, 01:57 AM
I like it. I think Arno's screen time is appropriate since there's 4 of him

I laughed harder than I should have

Shahkulu101
02-07-2015, 05:57 AM
Very nice intro, looking forward to this now.

JustPlainQuirky
02-07-2015, 05:59 AM
We just did a test session today.

We're currently working out reliable audio recording software.

Hard to capture good quality sound on skype.

Mr.Black24
02-07-2015, 08:39 AM
I laughed harder than I should have
Technically, he ain't wrong there lawl;)

SixKeys
02-07-2015, 03:37 PM
The intro is cool, but I would like to see more representation of all the games. Right now it's mostly the newer ones. Maybe have some clips of Shao Jun, Aveline and Ezio in there.

m4r-k7
02-07-2015, 03:40 PM
Theres too much Shay in the intro xD

Need AC 2 Ezio and maybe more Arno :)

SixKeys
02-07-2015, 04:22 PM
Needs moar Adewale too.

JustPlainQuirky
02-07-2015, 04:35 PM
I wanted to include Aveline but she doesn't have a CGI trailer and it really stood out awkwardly.

Adewale had little to work with as most of his "CGI" was actually live action and really contrasted.

Shao Jun has no CGI trailer.

Picked ACB Ezio instead of AC2 Ezio because it was a bit too dark in AC2 trailer and the actions didnt match with the other characters

and dont worry this is just one of the many intros. Others will be showcased too :)

GunnerGalactico
02-07-2015, 08:07 PM
I like the video. It makes sense that we have all characters that appeared in the main games for main consoles/PC. I would've liked to have seen more of Arno, though. (when I said that, I meant more video clips of course :p)

SixKeys
02-07-2015, 09:35 PM
Maybe you could use a few seconds clip from this Aveline trailer?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ck3IraVNUak

There's some CGI stuff at the end here for Adewale:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoxNjLX4M-A

(Not trying to tell you how to do your job, just making suggestions. ;) )

Namikaze_17
02-07-2015, 09:51 PM
I agree that there is a little too much of Shay and the BF stuff (like the cut with the ships)

Adding some Adewale, Aveline, and perhaps Shao Jun would be nice.

SixKeys
02-07-2015, 09:55 PM
Oh! Maybe there's stuff you could use from the AC3 CGI intro with Desmond and stuff?

Edit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1UcE1LaRu4

JustPlainQuirky
02-07-2015, 09:55 PM
Maybe you could use a few seconds clip from this Aveline trailer?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ck3IraVNUak

There's some CGI stuff at the end here for Adewale:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoxNjLX4M-A

(Not trying to tell you how to do your job, just making suggestions. ;) )

nice find with aveline

and i saw the adewale one. it just didnt match well. i could try.

I agree that there is a little too much of Shay and the BF stuff (like the cut with the ships) Adding some Adewale, Aveline, and perhaps Shao Jun would be nice.

there's like literally no matching CGI for shao jun

Hans684
02-07-2015, 09:56 PM
We could also have a Facebook group/page with anything related to this.

Namikaze_17
02-07-2015, 09:58 PM
there's like literally no matching CGI for shao jun

That's why I said 'Perhaps'.

There's always the Embers stuff. :rolleyes:

It could be quick too.

I agree with this.

JustPlainQuirky
02-07-2015, 09:59 PM

Hit that idea up with Fatal.

That's why I said 'Perhaps'.

There's always the Embers stuff.

It could be quick too.

maybe golden could try to make something? i'll ask

Fatal-Feit
02-08-2015, 03:37 AM
I'm considering setting up a Twitter/FB page for it. Who knows.

Anyway, as far as I know, we only have Rino as the participant for the first episode. We're going to need 2-3 more. Some more volunteers, plz. Don't be shy.

JustPlainQuirky
02-08-2015, 03:41 AM
assassin_m already expressed interest and was up for it once given proper date/time

as for a third, there's plenty of people who volenteered in this thread.

Unless you're eyeing someone specific?

Fatal-Feit
02-08-2015, 03:42 AM
So that's Rino and _M. Yeah, sorry, I haven't been paying attention. I'll make an edit after skimming through it some more. If you're interested in appearing on the first show, please post again or PM/Skype me.

I believe we want about 3-4 guests each episode.

So far we've got:

Rino

_M

Shakulu

Mr.Black

D.I.D (plz, I would love to have you on the first show)

Farlander

m4r-k7

KEVT

wvstolzing

marvelfannumber (bruh)

aL_____eX
02-08-2015, 03:49 AM
I hope for SixKeys to volunteer as a guest on the podcast.

The_Kiwi_
02-08-2015, 08:35 AM
Fatal, remember that Alex and I are doing a double podcast together
And we are free to record any time of the week

Namikaze_17
02-08-2015, 09:56 AM
Here's my version of the Intro for all to see:

http://youtu.be/IgsMwBCU1CQ

Let me know what you think! ;)

SixKeys
02-08-2015, 11:39 AM
So that's Rino and _M. Yeah, sorry, I haven't been paying attention. I'll make an edit after skimming through it some more. If you're interested in appearing on the first show, please post again or PM/Skype me.

I believe we want about 3-4 guests each episode.

So far we've got:

Rino

_M

Shakulu

Mr.Black

D.I.D (plz, I would love to have you on the first show)

Farlander

m4r-k7

KEVT

wvstolzing

marvelfannumber (bruh)

I'm in too if you still want me. I just don't want to be the first one. :p

3-4 guests per episode is a lot. Does that include Fatal and Quirky as hosts? That would mean 6 people all trying to have their say. I think 2 guests plus 2 hosts would be better. Wouldn't run out of guests so quickly either.

Fatal-Feit
02-08-2015, 11:42 AM
Guys, I appreciate your enthusiasm but please, no more intros. Podcast first, then we'll muster up an intro for whichever discussion was the most interesting or something. The intro doesn't make the podcast so please don't waste time on it.

Fatal-Feit
02-08-2015, 11:47 AM
I'm in too if you still want me. I just don't want to be the first one. :p

The list is for first appearances. I mean, if you don't mind, I'd love to force you on it.

3-4 guests per episode is a lot. Does that include Fatal and Quirky as hosts? That would mean 6 people all trying to have their say. I think 2 guests plus 2 hosts would be better. Wouldn't run out of guests so quickly either.

Our current plan is to do something... different. From what I understand, our podcast will be split up into sequences. Each is with a different guest and topic.

I don't know how I feel about that yet. 2 guests and a bunch of topics was what I originally intended, but we'll see.

Shahkulu101
02-08-2015, 11:55 AM
Will everyone need proper recording equipment or what?...

SixKeys
02-08-2015, 12:01 PM
The list is for first appearances. I mean, if you don't mind, I'd love to force you on it.

Our current plan is to do something... different. From what I understand, our podcast will be split up into sequences. Each is with a different guest and topic.

I don't know how I feel about that yet. 2 guests and a bunch of topics was what I originally intended, but we'll see.

Well, I might be persuaded as long as I'm not the only guest on the first show. :p

Personally I prefer the idea of 2 guests and a bunch of different topics than with one topic each. On a wide variety of topics everyone will find something to say, but if you just have one topic per episode, you run the risk of dead air.

"So, yearly releases: good or bad?"
-Bad.
-Bad.
-Bad."
-Right. ....Umm, I guess that concludes today's episode then."

Fatal-Feit
02-08-2015, 12:08 PM
Well, I might be persuaded as long as I'm not the only guest on the first show. :p

Personally I prefer the idea of 2 guests and a bunch of different topics than with one topic each. On a wide variety of topics everyone will find something to say, but if you just have one topic per episode, you run the risk of dead air.

-Bad.
-Bad.
-Bad."

Haha, yeeeep. That's why I'm still contemplating.

We were planning on throwing different topics at each guest, but there's still some issues. One of them being that our guest won't get to discuss it with each other.

Nope, just a decent mic that doesn't have noticeable background noises. Turtle beach or whatever, it's all good.

SixKeys
02-08-2015, 12:13 PM
Haha, yeeeep. That's why I'm still contemplating.

We were planning on throwing different topics at each guest, but there's still some issues. One of them being that our guest won't get to discuss it with each other.

Doesn't Google Hangouts allow for that?

The_Kiwi_
02-08-2015, 12:30 PM

-Bad.
-Bad.
-Bad."

I agree, 2 guests and multiple topics per episode

Would asking the same questions to different people on each episode be a bad thing?

Fatal-Feit
02-08-2015, 12:32 PM
Doesn't Google Hangouts allow for that?

Twitch, Google Hangouts, that's stuff I had originally planned for, but we're not professional or decent. :(

We plan do to do edits afterwards to cut off the travesties.

SixKeys
02-08-2015, 12:39 PM
I don't know how Twitch works, but what about Skype for recording team chats and then just making a video afterwards?

Fatal-Feit
02-08-2015, 12:42 PM
I don't know how Twitch works, but what about Skype for recording team chats and then just making a video afterwards?

That's exactly what we're planning to do. The only problem now is finding a good free recording device for that.

Would asking the same questions to different people on each episode be a bad thing?

It would be better if it were to be one whole discussion.

SixKeys
02-08-2015, 12:45 PM
That's exactly what we're planning to do. The only problem now is finding a good free recording device for that.

It would be better if it were to be one whole discussion.

Free recording of what? Video or sound? Audacity is a good free recording software for sound.

Fatal-Feit
02-08-2015, 12:57 PM
Free recording of what? Video or sound? Audacity is a good free recording software for sound.

I use Audacity for single recordings but it's a pain in the arse to setup for group calls. Apparently it works best if everyone records their own vocals separately and that's definitely not going to happen.

I'm looking into Callnot and Call Graph since they're dedicated Skype recorders. If all goes well, the recordings will be setup through one of them and the editing with be done using Audacity.

SixKeys
02-08-2015, 01:07 PM
I use Audacity for single recordings but it's a pain in the arse to setup for group calls. Apparently it works best if everyone records their own vocals separately and that's definitely not going to happen.

Why is it a pain? O_o Quality? I've recorded stereo sound with it before and I've never had any problems with it.

Fatal-Feit
02-08-2015, 01:11 PM
The quality is fantastic, it's just getting it setup for group calls. It either records myself or nothing at all. I looked it up on Google and other people seem to have problems with it as well.

m4r-k7
02-08-2015, 03:51 PM
Here's my version of the Intro for all to see:

http://youtu.be/IgsMwBCU1CQ

Let me know what you think! ;)

Love it!

JustPlainQuirky
02-08-2015, 05:26 PM

doubt it.

i used a 2007 macbook and the recording quality was better than fatal's apparently, lmfao

D.I.D.
02-08-2015, 07:08 PM
It will make the podcast a much more pleasant listening experience if you don't record everybody through Skype at once. The best thing would be to record your hosts as cleanly as you can direct to PC, and mix the other callers from Skype. It'll sound a lot more like a proper radio show that way, and it also helps for the listeners to understand who is talking in a given moment.

JustPlainQuirky
02-08-2015, 07:15 PM
It will make the podcast a much more pleasant listening experience if you don't record everybody through Skype at once. The best thing would be to record your hosts as cleanly as you can direct to PC, and mix the other callers from Skype. It'll sound a lot more like a proper radio show that way, and it also helps for the listeners to understand who is talking in a given moment.

ah that sounds complex

but im not handling the audio so....

lucky me i guess

aL_____eX
02-08-2015, 07:51 PM
The problem is, most people would need more professional equipment to achieve that.

Namikaze_17
02-08-2015, 08:37 PM
Love it!

Thanks. ^__^

SixKeys
02-09-2015, 12:53 AM
The quality is fantastic, it's just getting it setup for group calls. It either records myself or nothing at all. I looked it up on Google and other people seem to have problems with it as well.

Are you using the option that records anything that comes through your speakers?

Fatal-Feit
02-09-2015, 03:11 AM
Are you using the option that records anything that comes through your speakers?

I believe so...

May I add you on Skype because forum isn't doing it for me.

JustPlainQuirky
02-09-2015, 04:33 AM
podcast rehersals are going smoothly.

RinoTheBouncer and Assassin_M are confirmed first guests.

Arrangements are being made for Sixkeys and Farlander to be second episode guests assuming all goes well first episode.

Talks about Goldenboy and Shahklulu in third episode being discussed.

However we are having difficulties with quality recording software. If anyone has recommendations for good recording software for skype calls, please do share with us.

SixKeys
02-09-2015, 05:08 AM
No personal experience with this one, so I can't vouch for it, but it sounds good from the list of features mentioned here (http://thenextweb.com/apps/2011/02/09/5-great-ways-to-record-skype-calls/):

http://voipcallrecording.com/

"MP3 Skype Recorder [Win] is like Pamela and allows you to record calls you make using Skype (http://www.skype.com). It’s features include:

It’s absolutely free with no limits attached.

Automatic or manual recording capabilities.
Compact format of stored records (mp3 files).
May be used to record P2P, SkypeOut (http://voipcallrecording.com/skypeout) calls and calls made to Online number (http://voipcallrecording.com/skype_online_number).

Can split the caller and the person called into different tracks, saving it separately
Easy integration with Skype Conference recording.
Intuitive easy to use interface.

It is made for Windows users and the software is aimed for professional recordings of Skype conversations. Which is great when you need to keep track of phone conversations, either by legal requirements, or for job security. It works in the background and begins to record conversations automatically at the exact moment they start. However you can also record conversations manually, which is better for me. All the recordings are stored in convenient MP3, OGG, WMA or WAV format. The software integrates seamlessly with Skype and has better design and usability then Pamela. MP3 Skype Recorder hits all my needs for VoIP recording."

JustPlainQuirky
02-09-2015, 05:16 AM
Thank you, we'll give it a try.

Fatal-Feit
02-09-2015, 05:33 AM
SixKeys

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/austinally/images/2/29/Virtual_Hug.png/revision/latest?cb=20131227222835

JustPlainQuirky
02-09-2015, 05:43 AM
Wow this is really good quality! I love it!

Thanks Sixkeys!!!

Fatal-Feit
02-09-2015, 05:47 AM
http://www.lovethispic.com/uploaded_images/19400-Sending-A-Virtual-Hug.jpg

Namikaze_17
02-09-2015, 06:16 AM
*Hugs*

Great job. :cool:

SixKeys
02-09-2015, 06:22 AM
Glad I could help. :)

Fatal-Feit
02-09-2015, 06:25 AM
Our project is progressing smoothly. If all goes well, we may have our first episode up on Sunday or Monday next week.

SixKeys
02-09-2015, 06:30 AM
Awesome, can't wait. :D

The_Kiwi_
02-09-2015, 08:53 AM
All we need now is the availability of the guests it would seem

SixKeys
02-09-2015, 09:14 AM
I'd love to have Sushiglutton as a guest on the show, but I don't know where he hangs out these days. He hasn't been on the forums lately, but he always had thoughtful contributions.

Fatal-Feit
02-09-2015, 09:52 AM
Awww, man. Farlander and I were reminiscing about him a while back. He takes being called a casual very lightly. =p

My optimism says he's on a break from the forums.

The_Kiwi_
02-09-2015, 02:01 PM
I love your optimism!

Fatal-Feit
02-10-2015, 12:26 AM
Rehearsals start early tonight.

The_Kiwi_
02-10-2015, 05:14 AM
A rehearsal/test for the hosts
lol jk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmNM1iYBwEE&feature=youtu.be

Fatal-Feit
02-10-2015, 05:18 AM
Noooooooooo! OTL

Quality is still being worked on and I need more rehearsals. STAHP! QQ

http://www.wallpaperfly.com/thumbnails/detail/20120628/meme sad crying white background 1920x1200 wallpaper_www.wallmay.com_10.jpg

The_Kiwi_
02-10-2015, 05:20 AM
Noooooooooo! OTL

Quality is still being worked on and I need more rehearsals. STAHP! QQ

http://www.wallpaperfly.com/thumbnails/detail/20120628/meme sad crying white background 1920x1200 wallpaper_www.wallmay.com_10.jpg

You'll thank me when you're older.

wvstolzing
02-10-2015, 06:01 AM
A couple of first impressions:

You might want to edit your questions down to a very lean and concise format. The longer you take to ask a question, the longer the interlocutor is inclined to pause, and the more hesitant the answer is likely to get. I think the 'tempo' of your questions should push people into 'thinking out loud' -- that, I imagine, would result in a more fluent/flowing broadcast, as well as extract more ideas from the guests.

Fatal-Feit
02-10-2015, 11:41 AM
A couple of first impressions:

You might want to edit your questions down to a very lean and concise format. The longer you take to ask a question, the longer the interlocutor is inclined to pause, and the more hesitant the answer is likely to get. I think the 'tempo' of your questions should push people into 'thinking out loud' -- that, I imagine, would result in a more fluent/flowing broadcast, as well as extract more ideas from the guests.

Awesome, thanks for the advice. =p

It was all improvs. We are still testing mic/editing quality and haven't written a script or jotted any threads from the forum yet. Quirky isn't suppose to be the one asking the questions either.

SixKeys
02-10-2015, 11:44 AM
Yeah, definitely trim down the questions. I wasn't even on the spot and I was already lost halfway through the first one, like "what was the question again?".

The sound quality is good, but also really quiet. You might want to play with the volume after recording everything.

It's actually good to have some rehearsal snippets like this so people can give feedback before the whole thing goes live. :)

P.S. Quirky sounds much older than I imagined.

aL_____eX
02-10-2015, 12:25 PM
I was literally shocked when I heard her voice for the first time. Far less crazy than I imagined it. :o:rolleyes:

SixKeys
02-10-2015, 12:28 PM
I was literally shocked when I heard her voice for the first time. Far less crazy than I imagined it. :o:rolleyes:

Would you say she sounds less....

(•_•)

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

....Quirky?

Fatal-Feit
02-10-2015, 12:35 PM
http://static.tumblr.com/24c45aaf1cc17f509abd68a451fc5acc/8ptrlzy/LoSn69c7j/tumblr_static_dmh7qx83lrks4w4w040swks8s.jpg

JK

I ROLFED

aL_____eX
02-10-2015, 12:41 PM
Would you say she sounds less....

(•_•)

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

....Quirky?
https://33.media.tumblr.com/2fd950f1fa13610586f38a61295e513f/tumblr_ngrftykObe1rom85wo1_500.gif

*secretly chuckles*

The_Kiwi_
02-10-2015, 02:55 PM
Yeah, definitely trim down the questions. I wasn't even on the spot and I was already lost halfway through the first one, like "what was the question again?".

The sound quality is good, but also really quiet. You might want to play with the volume after recording everything.

It's actually good to have some rehearsal snippets like this so people can give feedback before the whole thing goes live. :)

Yes that's why I had trouble answering questions straight away
Two people trying to give their interpretations at once is also distracting
Could be my fault though

How old did you imagine her?
BTW she doesn't know I posted it here and was against me doing it because she is surprisingly shy

SixKeys
02-10-2015, 05:28 PM
Yes that's why I had trouble answering questions straight away
Two people trying to give their interpretations at once is also distracting
Could be my fault though

How old did you imagine her?
BTW she doesn't know I posted it here and was against me doing it because she is surprisingly shy

I thought she was like 18? She sounds closer to my age (30-ish). Hope she doesn't take that as an insult, it's not meant to be. :p

JustPlainQuirky
02-10-2015, 05:39 PM
[incoherent whale noises]

dimbismp
02-10-2015, 05:42 PM
Maybe i did not understand this well,but what do you mean with the term "rehearsals"?
What i understand is that everything will be scripted.

aL_____eX
02-10-2015, 07:23 PM
[incoherent whale noises]
*munch munch* :p

GunnerGalactico
02-10-2015, 08:01 PM
Not bad at all. I agree with everyone about shortening the questions. :)

The_Kiwi_
02-10-2015, 11:14 PM
Maybe i did not understand this well,but what do you mean with the term "rehearsals"?

Quirky and Fatal wanted to rehearse to see if they were competent in hosting

Farlander1991
02-10-2015, 11:28 PM
Honestly, some of the questions felt like you were trying to steer Kiwi into a certain opinion. Maybe because they were overly specific and detailed and, like others mentioned, long. I'm pretty sure that if questions will be shorter and more concise then it won't feel that way.

JustPlainQuirky
02-11-2015, 12:37 AM
The purpose for some questions was to inject a differing view point (i.e. devil's advocate) to promote discussion. By no means is it an attempt to force an opinion. No questions were loaded or arguably biased.

But some questions were formed poorly in the sense that they were improv and thus structured often incoherently. I apologize. I am not a native english speaker and having shorter questions is a good suggestion.

In addition, these were just random questions on the spot for audio testing purposes. It was never meant to be uploaded and mostly done for the luls. I am not even the one asking the questions in the final version. That will be fatal.

Appreciate the critique regardless.

The_Kiwi_
02-11-2015, 12:43 AM
I make my own answers.

*spoken with Irish accent*

wvstolzing
02-11-2015, 12:51 AM
I am not even the one asking the questions in the final version. That will be fatal.

No, there's no way it'll be that bad.

JustPlainQuirky
02-11-2015, 01:03 AM
I don't understand..?

edit: OH i meant that would be fatal-feit. not fatal as in catastrophic

haha

wvstolzing
02-11-2015, 01:06 AM
I don't understand..?

edit: OH i meant that would be fatal-feit. not fatal as in catastrophic

Yeah, I tried to turn that into a pun-after-the-fact. :D

Fatal-Feit
02-11-2015, 02:05 AM
Honestly, some of the questions felt like you were trying to steer Kiwi into a certain opinion. Maybe because they were overly specific and detailed and, like others mentioned, long. I'm pretty sure that if questions will be shorter and more concise then it won't feel that way.

That was all improvs so we just said what was on our minds. It was to test the mic/recording quality, foremost.

I'm sorry if it felt like we were one-sided, that's everything I'm trying to not do. It's why we will take topics from the forums instead of making up our own, it's why we will question the guests together instead of separately, and it's why we chose from a varied amount of guests who shares different opinions. Quirky and I, TBH, share VERY different opinions with the franchise. =p

I thought she was like 18? She sounds closer to my age (30-ish). Hope she doesn't take that as an insult, it's not meant to be. :p

She is 18. From your voice, I thought you were in your early 20s. =p

Nope, everything won't be scripted. I mean, we still need to script stuff like the intro.

ex: ''What's up guys, it's Fatal-Feit of Ubi Forums here! I am joined by co-host Just. Plain. Quirky. The quirkiest of the quirk.'' Etc, etc, etc. =p

Not bad at all. I agree with everyone about shortening the questions. :)

We will definitely address that!

SixKeys
02-11-2015, 08:02 AM
I'm already worried about stumbling through what I have to say when it's my turn on the show. .__. I don't get to speak English as often as I used to anymore.

Fatal-Feit
02-11-2015, 09:22 AM
That's what everyone says and they end up speaking Engrish better than me. =p

The_Kiwi_
02-11-2015, 10:20 AM
I'm already worried about stumbling through what I have to say when it's my turn on the show. .__. I don't get to speak English as often as I used to anymore.

Do it in Finnish then, rebe will understand it at least :rolleyes:

SixKeys
02-11-2015, 05:16 PM
Do it in Finnish then, rebe will understand it at least :rolleyes:

Who's Rebe? We have another Finn on the podcast?

aL_____eX
02-11-2015, 05:26 PM
How can you not know her (http://forums.ubi.com/member.php/1410460-rrebe)? *cries* Technically she's not on the podcast so far, but part of the group of active forumers.

GunnerGalactico
02-11-2015, 05:28 PM

Could've fooled me. Your English sounds immaculate in your posts.

SixKeys
02-11-2015, 06:16 PM
Could've fooled me. Your English sounds immaculate in your posts.

It's pretty much a second language to me, I just don't get to speak it often offline.

Fatal-Feit
02-13-2015, 06:08 AM
Sorry for letting this thread die. I've been prepping for Valentine's Day so I'll be pretty inactive for the next few days as well. =p

Don't let the flame die out!

It's pretty much a second language to me, I just don't get to speak it often offline.

You speak it better than most Americans.

The_Kiwi_
02-13-2015, 08:42 AM
Sorry for letting this thread die. I've been prepping for Valentine's Day so I'll be pretty inactive for the next few days as well. =p

Don't let the flame die out!

By the way act now and get a free Chum Bucket bucket helmet with every purchase!
Bucket helmets for everyone!

CeeJay Reilly
02-13-2015, 08:59 AM
Sounds like a great idea! I for one have been looking foe something like this so yeah i hope you guys get this project off the ground soon or if you have already got it started if you could link me to where i can listen to the podcast that would be great

EscoBlades
02-13-2015, 02:02 PM
Good luck with this, will be listening in ;)

The_Kiwi_
02-13-2015, 02:22 PM

https://38.media.tumblr.com/c539a95f0e4c7585fae0f1bb090cfc63/tumblr_ngw51azScN1twixz1o2_400.gif

aL_____eX
02-13-2015, 03:57 PM
https://38.media.tumblr.com/9d3be1bcef7ec30f820e55f4c27db1a5/tumblr_n20zr0nK5z1r7yxrco1_400.gif

Podcast intensifies

Fatal-Feit
02-13-2015, 04:41 PM
ESCO-SENPAI NOTICED ME

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120603183458/mlp/images/7/78/FANMADE_Fluttershy_blushing_smile.gif

JustPlainQuirky
02-13-2015, 06:22 PM
@esco

[more incoherent whale noises]

Hans684
02-13-2015, 06:26 PM
Who's in charge of the podcast? Templars or Assassins?

GunnerGalactico
02-13-2015, 06:31 PM
^ Might be a mixed collaboration. ;)

Hans684
02-13-2015, 06:33 PM
^ Might be a mixed collaboration. ;)

A truce then, good to hear.

Namikaze_17
02-13-2015, 07:01 PM

We have set aside our differences to produce this podcast.

But our one host is an Assassin ( well initiate) as the other is a Templar ( and side hunter :p)

Fatal-Feit
02-13-2015, 08:37 PM

Well, I'm the host if that means anything. And neither. I'm team futa, uguu~.

Hans684
02-13-2015, 08:41 PM
We have set aside our differences to produce this podcast.

Just asked to see if it was going escalate or not.

But our one host is an Assassin ( well initiate) as the other is a Templar ( and side hunter :p)

Epic podcast battle of historyyyyyy, BEGIN! :rolleyes:

CeeJay Reilly
02-13-2015, 10:31 PM
Seriously where and when is this happening?

JustPlainQuirky
02-13-2015, 10:33 PM
1st rehearsal already took place.

Arrangements already in place.

Right now we're outlining podcast content for episode one

expect something within two weeks

CeeJay Reilly
02-13-2015, 10:45 PM
Nice, also how long are you guys aiming for them to last?

JustPlainQuirky
02-13-2015, 10:45 PM
No idea.

Could be anything from 20 minutes to an hour.

aL_____eX
02-13-2015, 10:50 PM
We might get to hear a special performance of Mulan by quirky on the podcast. :^)

JustPlainQuirky
02-13-2015, 10:52 PM
pls no

aL_____eX
02-13-2015, 10:58 PM
YUUUS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSS5dEeMX64

Fatal-Feit
02-15-2015, 04:42 PM
Sorry for the delay, guys. The first episode should be up next week! =p

SixKeys
02-15-2015, 05:09 PM
Looking forward to it!

Fatal-Feit
02-18-2015, 05:56 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTfUgwX8c-0

Few things to note:

It's a rehearsal so we'll get better with feedback

Golden and Kiwi are our fake special guests

Quirky and Golden are ''sick''

Audio breeze are coming from Kiwi's mic

We plan to add an AC news related segment in the beginning

It's another failure, so brace yourselves

EDIT - Her father did not actually beat her.

The_Kiwi_
02-18-2015, 06:02 AM
Damn you, fatal!

My mic sucks because I was using my tablet instead of the mic on my turtle beach headset

I won't use my tablet again

Fatal-Feit
02-18-2015, 06:06 AM
Damn you, fatal!

My mic sucks because I was using my tablet instead of the mic on my turtle beach headset

I won't use my tablet again

The_Kiwi_
02-18-2015, 06:09 AM

Hmmmm :rolleyes:

wvstolzing
02-18-2015, 06:43 AM
Good job!

Fatal-Feit
02-18-2015, 06:46 AM
OH GAWD, my ear bleeds when I listen to myself. I'm a disgusting, stuttering lisp, sorry excuse of a host.

wvstolzing
02-18-2015, 07:54 AM
OH GAWD, my ear bleeds when I listen to myself. I'm a disgusting, stuttering lisp, sorry excuse of a host.

I think both of you are perfectly fine -- not just in terms of diction, intonation, etc., but also in the way you articulate what you want to say. (Without butchering up the language, e.g. by interjecting a 'like' every 3 words.)

One thing that really irritates me on podcasts is that the hosts, and the guests alike, seem SCARED to make a *serious* point, or utter a *well formed* sentence, without sandwiching it between pathetically flat attempts at 'witticism', or a lame jokes -- all in an effort to make sure the listener (whose span of attention is about 4-5 words per sentence) stays on the channel, and doesn't go elsewhere for his/her lighthearted 'fun'. I'm really glad to see that that's not your attitude at all.

m4r-k7
02-18-2015, 11:56 AM
That was awesome to listen to! :)

SixKeys
02-18-2015, 12:21 PM
In true AC fashion, it ends on a mind-blowing cliffhanger. :p

So excite!

https://i.imgur.com/NWq5WIqh.jpg

It's fun to listen to you guys just shooting the breeze. I hope the show retains this sort of freeflow format. Your hosting is fine, Fatal. :) Like wvstolzing said, you and Quirky have clear voices and diction, you're not rushing your words so the conversation is easy to follow. The mic quality on the guests was a bit poor, but there's not much you can do about that.

I also never realized Kiwi was actually from New Zealand (or Australia?). I thought he just liked the bird.

Good job, guys, this was really fun. :)

The_Kiwi_
02-18-2015, 12:30 PM
I also never realized Kiwi was actually from New Zealand (or Australia?). I thought he just liked the bird.

Good job, guys, this was really fun. :)

I'm clearly from New Zealand :rolleyes:
I have a Pakeha (European NZ) accent, not a stereotypical Maori accent, which confuses foreigners for some reason

Where did you think I was from?

SixKeys
02-18-2015, 12:34 PM
I'm clearly from New Zealand :rolleyes:
I have a Pakeha (European NZ) accent, not a stereotypical Maori accent, which confuses foreigners for some reason

Where did you think I was from?

I thought you were either American or British, like most people here. I can't really tell the difference between NZ and Australian accents, so I wasn't sure when you started talking.

The_Kiwi_
02-18-2015, 12:42 PM
I thought you were either American or British, like most people here. I can't really tell the difference between NZ and Australian accents, so I wasn't sure when you started talking.

The Australian accent is as if every word is spoken in a very clear and loud way
Whereas the Pakeha accent is more of a smooth, monotone mumble

And the Maori accent is something different entirely...

http://youtu.be/tZbf4WfJiko

BTW, confusing kiwis with Australians is like confusing Finns with Swedes, but I forgive you :rolleyes:

Fatal-Feit
02-18-2015, 03:18 PM
Does anyone here have all the CGI trailers in uncompressed HD? By all, I don't mean just the E3 cinematic trailers. Dead Kings, Freedom Cry, 3's cinematic TV, Black Flag's Tattoo, Unity's Make History trailers, everything.

I'm looking into creating some content for the podcast and it would help tremendously if one of you could let me download your trailers off Dropbox or something.

SixKeys
02-18-2015, 03:31 PM
BTW, confusing kiwis with Australians is like confusing Finns with Swedes, but I forgive you http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20130918.419/images/smilies/rolleyes.png

I know, I'm sorry. OTL

Does anyone here have all the CGI trailers in uncompressed HD? By all, I don't mean just the E3 cinematic trailers. Dead Kings, Freedom Cry, 3's cinematic TV, Black Flag's Tattoo, Unity's Make History trailers, everything.

I'm looking into creating some content for the podcast and it would help tremendously if one of you could let me download your trailers off Dropbox or something.

Did you try Gamersyde?

Fatal-Feit
02-18-2015, 03:47 PM
Did you try Gamersyde?

Yep, it's where I would normally go to get uncompressed game trailers, but for some reason they took down all of the downloads for ACs. Dunno if it was recent or not.

I also tried GT but quality wasn't on par and a lot of the trailers, like AC1 and AC2, could not be downloaded.

Farlander1991
02-18-2015, 03:50 PM
Try this. (http://www.ag.ru/?act=search&s=assassin's+creed&x=0&y=0)

The site is Russian but I think you'll figure it out :p They used to have the best possible HD versions of trailers and gameplay demos and everything.

GoldenBoy9999
02-18-2015, 04:49 PM
Hngghh... Fatal... :mad:

I'm sorry you guys had to hear my voice. I am sick, and I didn't know this but my mic was too far away. I don't usually sound that bad. You can ask the others. :(

xChip1998x
02-18-2015, 05:10 PM
Genuinely found this quite interesting. You guys have a great flow and it does not sound one bit scripted. Love the humour as well. :)

GunnerGalactico
02-18-2015, 05:13 PM
Great job guys! I enjoyed to listening that.

aL_____eX
02-18-2015, 05:15 PM
Podcast rehearse 2/10

YodaySunrider
02-19-2015, 01:59 AM
It's really cool to finally see the possibility of an AC podcast. I hope everything comes together for you guys and this can become a regular thing. Once the show is up and running in it's final form do you plan on hosting it in audio only form so that it can be grabbed by podcast apps/itunes?

JustPlainQuirky
02-19-2015, 02:03 AM
so that it can be grabbed by podcast apps/itunes?

http://hugelolcdn.com/i700/195260.jpg

just youtube mate

soundcloud maybe but this is a really small team of fans and likely not worth

GoldenBoy9999
02-19-2015, 02:44 AM
so that it can be grabbed by podcast apps/itunes?

That's actually a good idea. That's usually how I listen to my podcasts but you would be missing the images we post in the video. I've converted Youtube videos to MP3 before, could the listener just do that?

Fatal-Feit
02-19-2015, 05:59 AM
As of now, we only have YT in mind. =p

However, if all goes well, I will consider iTunes.

I-Like-Pie45
02-22-2015, 06:13 PM
so mayrice what are the chances of a complete garfield's creed trilogy reading? :rolleyes:

JustPlainQuirky
02-22-2015, 06:14 PM
so mayrice what are the chances of a complete garfield's creed trilogy reading? :rolleyes:

10/10 would read

pacmanate
02-22-2015, 06:19 PM
Listening to this whilst typing and i LOVE this. I love hearing you guys opinions and actually having verbal discussion, wayy better than typing on the internet.

Hopefully at some point I can come in on a podcast.

JustPlainQuirky
02-22-2015, 06:23 PM
Listening to this whilst typing and i LOVE this. I love hearing you guys opinions and actually having verbal discussion, wayy better than typing on the internet.

Hopefully at some point I can come in on a podcast.

[more incoherent whale noises]

glad it doesnt sound like nonsensical drabble

EscoBlades
02-22-2015, 08:50 PM
Nice rehearsal :D

aL_____eX
02-22-2015, 08:52 PM
https://38.media.tumblr.com/0f5ef60ee664c2fe1391dac84b53dfa5/tumblr_mo72oezMf01rf7byio1_400.gif

:D

Namikaze_17
02-22-2015, 08:54 PM

http://media3.giphy.com/media/2n8480RCQ2jBe/giphy.gif

JustPlainQuirky
02-22-2015, 10:11 PM

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mco43nOQoz1rva801.gif

I-Like-Pie45
02-22-2015, 10:29 PM
Ok Mayrice

Don't forget to play the official soundtracks for Garfield's Creed while reading for ultimate seamless immersion. :)

Matknapers18
02-23-2015, 12:59 AM
This was really really awesome guys. I loved it. It makes me want to get involved in the community again. Looking forward to the next one! :D

JustPlainQuirky
02-23-2015, 01:01 AM
It makes me want to get involved in the community again.

Mission accomplished

aL_____eX
02-23-2015, 01:02 AM
This was really really awesome guys. I loved it. It makes me want to get involved in the community again. Looking forward to the next one! :D
The first real one will be recorded next weekend, so far it was just rehearsals.

Matknapers18
02-23-2015, 01:04 AM
Mission accomplished

http://i60.tinypic.com/126bji0.gif

The_Kiwi_
02-23-2015, 01:08 AM

http://rack.0.mshcdn.com/media/ZgkyMDEzLzA2LzE4LzdjL0JlYWtlci4zOWJhOC5naWYKcAl0aH VtYgkxMjAweDk2MDA-/4a93e3c4/4a4/Beaker.gif

JustPlainQuirky
02-23-2015, 03:29 AM
Relistened to rehersal

Fatal and I sound stoned

Kiwi sounds classy as hell

Golden sounds like a cowboy

Crikey what a team we've gotten, ay

Assassin_M
02-23-2015, 03:58 AM
I bet the devs are jumping up and down in excitement.

Maybe we should make a thread for them to ask guests questions.

JustPlainQuirky
02-23-2015, 04:00 AM
The developers ask questions?

Odd, but I like it.

Then again they have surveys for that.

Plus they're not very active on the forums.

I'd love that though.

Shahkulu101
02-23-2015, 04:06 AM

Why would the devs give a toss?

JustPlainQuirky
02-23-2015, 04:09 AM
Why would the devs give a toss?

Yeah I was thinking the same thing.

not trying to say they're heartless though

Shahkulu101
02-23-2015, 04:22 AM
Yeah I was thinking the same thing.

not trying to say they're heartless though

Neither am I, I'm just saying they've got things going on you know...

Also the podcast would represent a tiny, tiny portion of the fanbase.

Assassin_M
02-23-2015, 04:33 AM
Just as a little fan-dev bond. Obviously, they wont ask questions thinking that this'll be what they'll work on but as an interaction. I think it'd be pretty cool. I was just thinking that this is like the dev equivalent of the Assassins Den. I think Darby is counting the days

JustPlainQuirky
02-23-2015, 04:42 AM
Just as a little fan-dev bond. Obviously, they wont ask questions thinking that this'll be what they'll work on but as an interaction. I think it'd be pretty cool. I was just thinking that this is like the dev equivalent of the Assassins Den. I think Darby is counting the days

Really cool concept but I dont think they'd be interested nor would I have any idea how to approach that.

Assassin_M
02-23-2015, 05:00 AM
Really cool concept but I dont think they'd be interested nor would I have any idea how to approach that.
I'll ask some of them

The_Kiwi_
02-23-2015, 05:28 AM
Kiwi sounds classy as hell

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/000/345/169/bc7.png

Namikaze_17
02-23-2015, 05:30 AM
I probably sound high. :rolleyes:

SixKeys
02-23-2015, 03:48 PM

Devs: "Why do you guys get so worked up over a video game? Why do you guys hate on yearly releases, aka us getting paid to do our jobs? Who really cares if Ezio is better than Connor? Are your lives so empty and meaningless?" etc.

Fatal-Feit
02-24-2015, 12:30 AM
Guis,

if I get the chance to meet EscoBlades and UbiGabe outside of PAX East, what should I say and do?

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/612/917/02d.gif

I probably sound high. :rolleyes:

U always sound stoned. Like the wannabe scene Asian in my PE class who tries to bring up weed in any conversation. I, sir, sound high. ;;

Devs: "Why do you guys get so worked up over a video game? Why do you guys hate on yearly releases, aka us getting paid to do our jobs? Who really cares if Ezio is better than Connor? Are your lives so empty and meaningless?" etc.

I didn't know the devs were avid Youtubers. =p

Namikaze_17
02-24-2015, 12:44 AM
U always sound stoned. Like the wannabe scene Asian in my PE class who tries to bring up weed in any conversation.

Well if I sound stoned...YOU AND QUIRKY SOUND STONED WITH ME!

http://media.giphy.com/media/EjtWb8Hy6fh9C/giphy.gif

But all dramatics aside, I think we all sound decent. :rolleyes:

note to self: make sure to bring up weed in podcast. :-P

JustPlainQuirky
02-24-2015, 12:47 AM
Guis,

if I get the chance to meet EscoBlades and UbiGabe outside of PAX East, what should I say and do?

"So how about that trash initiates?"

Namikaze_17
02-24-2015, 01:00 AM
"Can Quirky have a date with Darby Mcdevitt?"

Fatal-Feit
02-24-2015, 01:04 AM
"Can Quirky have a date with Darby Mcdevitt?"

I will record it.

JustPlainQuirky
02-24-2015, 01:07 AM
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17h57cyhn3onnjpg/original.jpg

Pls, I've had enough heart attacks for today

Namikaze_17
02-24-2015, 01:12 AM
Good, good. ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

Assassin_M
02-26-2015, 10:57 PM
Chop chop, come on, guys. Fatal, Quirky and anyone else involved in this. We're recording on Sunday, right? Lets get to advertising this thing.

Lets make a poster and plaster it in places. I'm talking Reddit, twitter, FB, maybe even smaller AC communities at IGN or gamespot. Come on, guys

Namikaze_17
02-26-2015, 11:01 PM
Chop chop, come on, guys. Fatal, Quirky and anyone else involved in this. We're recording on Sunday, right? Lets get to advertising this thing.

Lets make a poster and plaster it in places. I'm talking Reddit, twitter, FB, maybe even smaller AC communities at IGN or gamespot. Come on, guys

I suggested this...

A poster or something like this would be nice: http://youtu.be/O4qdI-bA4y4

JustPlainQuirky
That moment when Assassin_M is more enthusiastic than us.

I can make a poster I guess.....

Coincidentally i was listening to the rehearsal and face was so embarrassed from muh stutters

Fatal-Feit
I'll advertise on the subreddit, trying to get Rino to give shoutout on stream, nobody likes FB anymore, Quirky shall advertise via Twitter, and idk about IGN or Gamespot.

Assassin_M
02-26-2015, 11:03 PM
I suggest this...

A poster or something like this would be nice: http://youtu.be/O4qdI-bA4y4
YES! a trailer and poster would be cool. We should try and get some of the big AC YT channels on this. They have large FB pages, so more eyes.

JustPlainQuirky
02-26-2015, 11:05 PM
gaaaaah this wasnt supposed to be that big.

just thought this would be for the forum & reddit

im scurred QAQ

Fatal-Feit
Someone gimme HD AC videos!

SixKeys
Do you guys have a name for the podcast, like how Loomer has the Assassin's Den?

Assassin_M
I'll advertise on the subreddit, trying to get Rino to give shoutout on stream, nobody likes FB anymore, Quirky shall advertise via Twitter, and idk about IGN or Gamespot.
Okay, lets all do what we can, forget about IGN and gamespot, they suck anyways. Lets make it big.

That moment when Assassin_M is more enthusiastic than us.

I can make a poster I guess.....

Coincidentally i was listening to the rehearsal and face was so embarrassed from muh stutters
Well, because i feel like this is a cool concept that you guys came up with. Public speaking is scary but you were fine, really. All of you were great and everyone says so here.

JustPlainQuirky
02-26-2015, 11:07 PM
@sixkeys

AC Community Podcast is the name

that's it.

supposed to represent the community

Assassin_M
02-26-2015, 11:07 PM
Someone gimme HD AC videos!
trailers or just videos? CG or gameplay?

SixKeys
02-26-2015, 11:09 PM
I have Unity's story trailer and the cop-op/customization trailer in HD saved on my computer. Not sure if those fit what you're looking for.

Altair1789
02-26-2015, 11:10 PM
You guys need to stop worrying about your voices :p. The rehearsal was fine, I think this podcast will be a success

Matknapers18
02-26-2015, 11:11 PM
Just want to pop in and say that I wish you guys the best of luck, Im sure it will be great.

JustPlainQuirky
02-26-2015, 11:12 PM
we're doing another rehearsal tonight so...

assassin_M said something about developer questions but we need to know the status of that ahead of time because that would require restructuring the entire podcast.

but as it stands right now, the structure is

News (just the hosts)
Recent Thread topic (guests)
Fan Art Shout outs

let us know if you guys want any other additions to the podcast, if any.

Preferably today so we can rehearse it

aL_____eX
02-26-2015, 11:13 PM
You guys need to stop worrying about your voices :p. The rehearsal was fine, I think this podcast will be a success
Exactly. Although there's much acting involved I believe. :rolleyes:

Fatal-Feit
02-26-2015, 11:13 PM
trailers or just videos? CG or gameplay?

CGI trailers, all of them, even the mini ones.

Namikaze_17
02-26-2015, 11:25 PM
I have those...all of them.

Imma try sending them again, fatal.

Fatal-Feit
02-26-2015, 11:27 PM
Awesomesauce, please hurry

Assassin_M
02-26-2015, 11:38 PM
we're doing another rehearsal tonight so...

assassin_M said something about developer questions but we need to know the status of that ahead of time because that would require restructuring the entire podcast.

but as it stands right now, the structure is

News (just the hosts)
Recent Thread topic (guests)
Fan Art Shout outs

let us know if you guys want any other additions to the podcast, if any.

Preferably today so we can rehearse it
We don't have to do the dev questions this time, we can just focus on putting ourselves out there first.

The_Kiwi_
02-26-2015, 11:59 PM
Excited for _M to guest on podcast
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/excited.gif

SixKeys
02-27-2015, 12:24 AM
Just want to pop in and say that I wish you guys the best of luck, Im sure it will be great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSQyW_l8OgE

^ Pictured above: Quirky (left), Fatal (right), everyone else (Leslie Nielsen)

I don't know if Recent Threads is a good recurring idea. There are downtimes in the forums when nothing much is happening and not all topics are equally interesting. I think general topics would be better, like "What do you think of modern day", "Which group would you side with", "What do you think of Initiates" etc.

Fatal-Feit
02-27-2015, 02:30 AM
^ ROFL! I'm laughing so much harder than I should.

Don't worry, the topics will be the meat of the discussion but that's not stopping us from throwing in random ones to keep it moving.

SixKeys
02-27-2015, 02:35 AM
^ ROFL! I'm laughing so much harder than I should.

Don't worry, the topics will be the meat of the discussion but that's not stopping us from throwing in random ones to keep it moving.

Sounds like a plan. :) Will you guys be pulling topics from only the forums or also Reddit?

Mr.Black24
02-27-2015, 02:37 AM
If you guys want, I can help advertise this on Tumblr. Many people there have excellent discussions and thoughts about the series, such as the stance on the Modern Day story, Connor's much needed closure, Victory, ect. and hearing them being talked about in a louder voice through an actual fan based community based podcast, instead of developers and voice actors, is the ticket for them! Hell, I can probably a poster artwork for you guys to be shown in the background instead of just the regular logo if you wish!:D

Edit: Nay, this must be advertised on Tumblr, its for the community after all, and we had a AC Fandom community there too! I'll work on Tumblr! :)

JustPlainQuirky
02-27-2015, 03:19 AM
due to scheduling difficulties another user is going to take over as co-host for future podcasts

look forward to monday!

Assassin_M
02-27-2015, 03:29 AM
due to scheduling difficulties another user is going to take over as co-host for future podcasts

look forward to monday!
Not Sunday?

Fatal-Feit
02-27-2015, 03:32 AM
We record on Sunday. Video uploads on Monday.

Sounds like a plan. :) Will you guys be pulling topics from only the forums or also Reddit?

I've been thinking about the subreddit. It has a lot of interesting discussions and fun topics that aren't on the forums.

Edit: Nay, this must be advertised on Tumblr, its for the community after all, and we had a AC Fandom community there too! I'll work on Tumblr! :)

Thank you so much! ;)

Mr.Black24
02-27-2015, 03:34 AM

look forward to monday!
Anyone in mind?

Thank you so much! ;)

No prob, anything for my homies here on the Forums! Oh and that poster artwork offer is still up there in case if you guys are interested.

JustPlainQuirky
02-27-2015, 03:38 AM
Forums member Kiwi will be taking place as co-host

and yes we'll take any advertisement we can get, as people like M seem to be interested

Fatal-Feit
02-27-2015, 03:43 AM
Anyone in mind?

Nobody else is in mind. It's still, and will be Quirky.

No prob, anything for my homies here on the Forums! Oh and that poster artwork offer is still up there in case if you guys are interested.

We all appreciate it. And sure!