PDA

View Full Version : Why Single Player MP Will Not Arrive On Xbox 360

RetiredRonin
02-05-2015, 05:17 PM
Hello all,

There have been some questions as to why Single Lane Multiplayer has been announced for Trials Fusion on the Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC, while the Xbox 360 version of Trials Fusion is missing from that list. Were going to shine some light on this situation right now.

The Xbox 360 will always be held in fond regard by all of us here at RedLynx, as we are sure that it is by many members of the Trials community. Its where most of our console players got their first taste of Trials, be it in the form of Trials HD or Trials Evolution. By launching Trials Fusion in the time that we did, when multiple generations of consoles were available, we were able to make it available on most platforms and allow far more players to play without the need to purchase new hardware.

After looking at the feedback from the community about single player tracks not being available in online multiplayer, we made it a priority to see if, and how, this request could be fulfilled. The original plan for direct player vs player Trials Fusion Online Multiplayer is X-Supercross. X-Supercross was the only planned Online Multiplayer mode and there were no plans to include single player tracks in it. When the single player tracks were created they were intended solely for single player gaming and were optimized for performance based on the single player mode. Because of the added layers of multiplayer code, as well as the addition of more players on the track, it is more than enough to cause performance issues even on newer hardware.

Weve been very ambitious with Trials Fusion from the beginning, the game and all of the planned Feature Packs and DLCs are pushing the hardware of this specific console to the limits. The inclusion of these tracks in this mode pushes it past those limits. We have maxed out what is possible from a technical resource standpoint with the planned content and features for Trials Fusion.

Trials Fusion has been pushing the limits of resources on all platforms, and some Single Player tracks are not currently running in Online Multiplayer at a level that we find acceptable. There is a possibility that there will be Single Player Trials tracks that will not be available in Single Lane Multiplayer for any platform.

Its not a decision that has been taken lightly, but it is not possible to implement a Single Lane Multiplayer mode in Online Multiplayer on Xbox 360.

UPDATE: 2/24/2015 (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1015775-Single-Lane-Custom-Tracks-in-Private-Online-MP?p=10594156&viewfull=1#post10594156)

shakeyclaret
02-05-2015, 05:59 PM
I can totally understand that the 360 is not capable of running some of the new technically advanced coding. After playing Fusion on the xbone then going back to 360 Fusion, it is very apparent that the 360 just isn't up to scratch.
The issue that sticks in the throat is that 360 Fusion costs the same as xbone, actually you can buy Fusion on the xbone and PS4 in supermarkets and on Amazon for under 30 in the UK, Fusion on 360 including season pass is over 30.
Fusion is the only game I am aware of that is on old and new consoles for the same price, why? All other Ubisoft games are cheaper on the 360.
Are there any plans to give something back to 360 users?

RetiredRonin
02-05-2015, 07:10 PM
It might just be the American market, but prices I see for games on old and new consoles are the same. You can always find things for less, but this is typically due to retailer markdowns and not a change in MSRP.

empecee
02-06-2015, 01:01 AM
i find it hard to believe a game where a bike basicly goes from left to right can bog down a system including next gen . when games like gta 5 exist with open world gameplay and real time weather effects and lighting . i know gta cost miles more to produce and had years of man hours and programming but it still runs on 360 with its limited hardware. :confused: .

Sandholm
02-06-2015, 07:55 AM
i find it hard to believe a game where a bike basicly goes from left to right can bog down a system including next gen . when games like gta 5 exist with open world gameplay and real time weather effects and lighting . i know gta cost miles more to produce and had years of man hours and programming but it still runs on 360 with its limited hardware. :confused: .

that ^

GTA 5 running perfectly on 360, but fusion can't. do not understand that logic

En0-
02-06-2015, 08:42 AM
GTA doesn't run user generated content levels and 60 fps on X360.

TeriXeri
02-06-2015, 10:27 AM
GTA 5 runs indeed at 30 fps, even on "next gen" (PS4 at the moment is the best looking version untlil PC comes out)

Also there's only half the player count and vastly reduced graphics between the first launch (360/PS3), and second launch (X1/PS4)

Also you can place a lot more objects in a next gen custom content map.

PC version will be the only one that will have 60 fps, and higher resolutions up to 4k, which also likely includes graphic settings higher then consoles

If you compare GTA 5 X360 gameplay compared to the first promo trailer you notice like 90% of the trees are gone from the Raton Canyon forest area for example, a lot more on next gen, but still less.

PC version isn't out yet until 24/3 so cannot judge the exact graphic differences it will have compared to PS4. I'm sure they will release a comparison video closer to launch.

Ok, I realize GTA 5 is a vastly different game, the online portion being more Semi-MMO like and it allows character/progress transfers between platforms.

I admit have never played GTA 5 but since it's coming to PC I've done a ton of research on the game in the last weeks (original launch date was going to be 27/1 but then delayed).

empecee
02-06-2015, 12:06 PM
GTA 5 runs indeed at 30 fps, even on "next gen" (PS4 at the moment is the best looking version untlil PC comes out)

Also there's only half the player count and vastly reduced graphics between the first launch (360/PS3), and second launch (X1/PS4)

Also you can place a lot more objects in a next gen custom content map.

PC version will be the only one that will have 60 fps, and higher resolutions up to 4k, which also likely includes graphic settings higher then consoles

If you compare GTA 5 X360 gameplay compared to the first promo trailer you notice like 90% of the trees are gone from the Raton Canyon forest area for example, a lot more on next gen, but still less.

PC version isn't out yet until 24/3 so cannot judge the exact graphic differences it will have compared to PS4. I'm sure they will release a comparison video closer to launch.

Ok, I realize GTA 5 is a vastly different game, the online portion being more Semi-MMO like and it allows character/progress transfers between platforms.

I admit have never played GTA 5 but since it's coming to PC I've done a ton of research on the game in the last weeks (original launch date was going to be 27/1 but then delayed).

thats all interesting but i was using gta to point out that 360 with its dated hardware can still run it . in whatever cut down form . you still get to play

RetiredRonin
02-06-2015, 01:52 PM
GTA doesn't run user generated content levels and 60 fps on X360.

GTA 5 was also specifically built for the PS3 & Xbox 360, whereas Trials Fusion was built for Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 and PC. You can still play Trials Fusion MP on Xbox 360, just not this specific game more.

BiG_SH0T_ROB
02-06-2015, 03:48 PM
GTA 5 running perfectly on 360

Gta 5 does not run perfectly on 360.
I played it on both xbox consoles and there is a huge difference.
Its runs okay on 360 but x1 is way more smooth.

Come onnnnn Sandy, join us on Xbox One. You know you want toooo.

We got the best track central!
We got the best players!!
We got the coolest people!!! [Me :cool:]

Stop resisting and join us in the future!

aLeX--XeLa
02-06-2015, 04:24 PM
I guess i'll ask the obvious question then, how come it was possible to do single lane multiplayer on Trials Evolution, but not on Fusion on the 360?
Im not a technical expert on all the coding etc what is needed for this, in fact know nothing about any of that, but just seems odd to me that it was possible on the last game on 360, but not on this one.

EmptyBottle4
02-06-2015, 04:31 PM
X-Supercross was the only planned Online Multiplayer mode and there were no plans to include single player tracks in it.

lol...
had you told me that before the game was released, i would never bought it. :D

If you guys make another Trials game please inform us before game-release:
.) Multiplayer is available on release yes/no
.) Multiplayer with Single line - Tracks. yes/no

Thanks...

empecee
02-06-2015, 04:55 PM
Gta 5 does not run perfectly on 360.
I played it on both xbox consoles and there is a huge difference.
Its runs okay on 360 but x1 is way more smooth.

Come onnnnn Sandy, join us on Xbox One. You know you want toooo.

We got the best track central!
We got the best players!!
We got the coolest people!!! [Me :cool:]

Stop resisting and join us in the future!

best track central compared to what ? pc . and if you count 2oo /300/400/ downloads yea its booming . dont believe the hype . i got more downloads on evo a week ago with a track i threw together .

En0-
02-06-2015, 04:59 PM
I guess i'll ask the obvious question then, how come it was possible to do single lane multiplayer on Trials Evolution, but not on Fusion on the 360?
Im not a technical expert on all the coding etc what is needed for this, in fact know nothing about any of that, but just seems odd to me that it was possible on the last game on 360, but not on this one.

Hello,

That's because the tracks on Fusion are heavier than on Evolution.

Cheers,

BiG_SH0T_ROB
02-06-2015, 05:04 PM
true true. compared to evo its ummm yeah.. not good lol
But hey, we get a couple of cool tracks every week. Certainly best track central of all fusion versions.
We have a few guys like illobear who really try to keep it alive with fresh original tracks.

IImayneII
02-06-2015, 05:42 PM
I would have tought that with xsupercross being the only mode planned, at least there would have been more than 10 tracks for an online mode. Specially if the mode is added like +6 months after launch. Wich is probably one of the main reasons why people want sp tracks added, there is just not alot of replay value for online at the moment wich is a real shame imo.

empecee
02-06-2015, 06:16 PM
true true. compared to evo its ummm yeah.. not good lol
But hey, we get a couple of cool tracks every week. Certainly best track central of all fusion versions.
We have a few guys like illobear who really try to keep it alive with fresh original tracks.

:)

funktastic-
02-06-2015, 06:34 PM
my view isnt based on fusion nor any previous game but simply on one main factor -

About time the old relics stopped hammpering this games progression.

Why do 360 owner expect to get the same from thier system and games as the gamers within the new generation of gaming ? its and old system , it has no shelf life anymore and nor does its games and the same for the ps3. It soon will be in cash convertors being sold as a retro gaming console.

Within technology there is always a certain time or line that comes along where it tells you in a sort of codded way that you need to upgrade ( this is it ). It is not even classed really as the next generation , it is here now it is that generation , and has been for sometime now , if you are not part of this new world in which the gaming industry as moved too then expect alot of disapointment. Old applainces do not have the same functions has the new ones simple as that. Technologys growth is gettting faster as we move into the future and every franchise and every gaming company should not be held responsible because they want to grow with it. They deffinetly should not be held responsible if old equipment cant handle the new generation gaming. Redlynx has tried to keep this game involved within the 360 consoles and apart from the mp they seem to have managed this. They could have and would have had a valid reason if they had chose to sell 360 down the river in the first place but thy didnt they tried to keep them in the loop.

I dont think this is a choice that they are just pulling out of thier head , i doubt its just because they want to do this for fun so when i read people saying they now nothing about how it works then thats it , you dont know how it works and i myself tend to listen to people who are qualified within this type of work , when there is no real reason why they would want to leave the 360 out.

Stop looking to blame the progression of technology but maybe have a look at why you havent upgraded. Its out of date and things that have gone off tend not be the same as its counterparts.

Saying all that i do understand peoples disapointment as i would be if in the same situation but im not because i moved with the times. Im an old fart but still understand that ya got to go with the flow and technology is fast , if ya not fast ya last:p

If anyone is selling some cheap 360's now can ya let me know hahahahaha need one for the dog to play with.:p

RetiredRonin
02-06-2015, 06:35 PM
1 million players on one platform means 1 million players have the ability to play your track.
1 million players spread across four platforms inevitably means that a smaller percentage can play your track.

dasraizer
02-06-2015, 06:58 PM
I find it hard to believe that sending a handful of bytes through the internet to display a dot on the screen is going to be taxing for any system, not that i play Fusion on the 360, just sayin.

S-Wallis
02-06-2015, 07:25 PM
From what I remember from shogun's track editor tutorials for Evo, when playing a track online against 3 other people, the track needs to be rendered 4 times (once for you, and once each for the other 3). I think it was something like that.

I definitely remember him saying that it was very important to test your track with 3 friends before publishing because you could make a complex track that plays fine when only one person is playing, but can cause problems when more than one person is playing it at the same time.

Maybe someone who remembers the Evo tutorials off by heart can remember what shogun said about optimising tracks for online mp...

P.S. I am in no way defending Ubisoft (I believe no online mp for single tracks was Ubisoft's idea to get the game out quicker and/or cheaper). I'm lucky that I have an XB1 otherwise I would be pis... Ahem. Annoyed. But I understand why it isn't possible.
Finally, for people comparing it to gta5, I think that the biggest difference is the frame rate. It take a lot more computing power to run at 60fps vs 30fps.

aLeX--XeLa
02-06-2015, 07:26 PM
so when i read people saying they now nothing about how it works then thats it , you dont know how it works and i myself tend to listen to people who are qualified within this type of work , when there is no real reason why they would want to leave the 360 out.

Stop looking to blame the progression of technology but maybe have a look at why you havent upgraded. Its out of date and things that have gone off tend not be the same as its counterparts.

I merely asked having had single lane MP on Evo why it wasnt possible on Fusion, and like I said I have no idea how it works with the complexitiy of coding or whatever, so therefore asked someone who did and got my reply as to why, I dont see the harm in that. So thanks for the quick reply Eno.
I dont blame the progession of technology, but when you buy the same game, even on an 'out of date' console as you say, I can accept the limitations and know it wont be as good or as refined as the superior consoles, but you can probably see why some people are getting annoyed by this issue as they probably didnt think they would be getting a game with a feature less from the other versions even though it is on the 360.
Anyway, be looking forward to more x supercross tracks on online MP soon to add more tracks to the variety, as have enjoyed it so far, and if thats all what the 360 gets, then thats what it gets, more things to worry about in life than this.

empecee
02-07-2015, 02:19 AM
my view isnt based on fusion nor any previous game but simply on one main factor -

About time the old relics stopped hammpering this games progression.

Why do 360 owner expect to get the same from thier system and games as the gamers within the new generation of gaming ? its and old system , it has no shelf life anymore and nor does its games and the same for the ps3. It soon will be in cash convertors being sold as a retro gaming console.

Within technology there is always a certain time or line that comes along where it tells you in a sort of codded way that you need to upgrade ( this is it ). It is not even classed really as the next generation , it is here now it is that generation , and has been for sometime now , if you are not part of this new world in which the gaming industry as moved too then expect alot of disapointment. Old applainces do not have the same functions has the new ones simple as that. Technologys growth is gettting faster as we move into the future and every franchise and every gaming company should not be held responsible because they want to grow with it. They deffinetly should not be held responsible if old equipment cant handle the new generation gaming. Redlynx has tried to keep this game involved within the 360 consoles and apart from the mp they seem to have managed this. They could have and would have had a valid reason if they had chose to sell 360 down the river in the first place but thy didnt they tried to keep them in the loop.

I dont think this is a choice that they are just pulling out of thier head , i doubt its just because they want to do this for fun so when i read people saying they now nothing about how it works then thats it , you dont know how it works and i myself tend to listen to people who are qualified within this type of work , when there is no real reason why they would want to leave the 360 out.

Saying all that i do understand peoples disapointment as i would be if in the same situation but im not because i moved with the times. Im an old fart but still understand that ya got to go with the flow and technology is fast , if ya not fast ya last:p

If anyone is selling some cheap 360's now can ya let me know hahahahaha need one for the dog to play with.:p

i updated from 360 to xone to what i thought were the best versions of my favourite games . trials and bf4 . and tbh i wish i had not bothered . i just got a 360 again to play some real trials . so new tec aint always better , . and as to the gta points i made i was mearly pointing out that the 360 " old tec" could run the game . not interested how /why /or what frames . just that it CAN

Rudemod 69
02-07-2015, 10:36 AM
i updated from 360 to xone to what i thought were the best versions of my favourite games . trials and bf4 . and tbh i wish i had not bothered . i just got a 360 again to play some real trials . so new tec aint always better , . and as to the gta points i made i was mearly pointing out that the 360 " old tec" could run the game . not interested how /why /or what frames . just that it CANI upgraded and I couldn't be happier. I enjoy Fusion next gen, as you know. Same as you don't enjoy it, and I know. :D

I'm no longer pining for Evo, and believe me, I loved that game; and to me that tells me I'm happy with my choice.

Funk, 360 was the platform that broke Trials into the big time. HD and Evo were huge sellers. It was honourable for RL to make the game for the 360 followers, but ultimately some things just can't be expected to be as good.

funktastic-
02-07-2015, 02:06 PM
@alezala

Oh yeah i do understand and after reading my post it was alittle insensative and not enough was said really about them introducing such a shock mid game. Also it wasnt aimed at you personelly or your post bud was just an overall reply to the whole thread and reading alot of replies. Just seemed to me that people are suggesting that redlynx is doing this for some reason other than why they are saying its not possible. I also think that just the game in matter like these shouldnt just be taken into account. Try looking at it from a different angle , say the angle that a person who bought it on 360 paid a fare price for what they actually get from this game in total. It is for me that the next gen consoles got a good bargin with paying the same price but for a better experience. So i dont think 360 got a bad bargin and arent being ripped off i simply think ps4 and other consoles on the other hand got a great deal. I suppose it could be looked at both ways and agin my post was insensative but just an opinion. :)

@rude

Yeah i agree , they could have chosen to sell them don the river from the start and it would have been a valid thing to do in this market , so i think it was very honourble like you say for them to strive to keep them in the loop as much as possible.

@ empecee

If you went back to 360 from a upgrade for your personel reasons isnt nothing to do with this not being available , i would not dream of going back to my ps3 , where it was fantastic for its time , that time has passed. Were i agree that not all new tech is better which i never really said anyway my point was that new tech holds more functions and thats a fact. I use a gillette razor , a simple hand held and buy new blades i would not expect that to have the same functions as the new electric razors with the nose trimmers lol and pants girly stuff like that. You cant blame a company for wanting to move with the times , its a priority for companies to do so if they want to stay in the market. It is up to us the gamers to make sure that we have the correct equipment for that generation if we want to stay with them and enjoy all that is becoming available.:)

There is plenty of examples , like when hd came out people was shocked that if they bought an hd dvd then this then should give them had when infact they not only had to have an hd dvd player they had to have and hd tv also and also an hd lead. Is that the dvds fault then that this is the case ?. You will still get normal viewing with the dvd just not hd but its not the dvds fault your epuipment you play it on doesnt support it. This is the same with alot of new phones these days and having certain apps not work on certain phones , its the way the market is and the way this works with the ever fast growing technology. Yesturdays appliances are not catered for and thats life. :)

Even with the hd . they still had to have a full hd tv which most thought they had which they didnt and was only part hd. that was a con though i agree lol

empecee
02-07-2015, 02:41 PM
@alezala

Oh yeah i do understand and after reading my post it was alittle insensative and not enough was said really about them introducing such a shock mid game. Also it wasnt aimed at you personelly or your post bud was just an overall reply to the whole thread and reading alot of replies. Just seemed to me that people are suggesting that redlynx is doing this for some reason other than why they are saying its not possible. I also think that just the game in matter like these shouldnt just be taken into account. Try looking at it from a different angle , say the angle that a person who bought it on 360 paid a fare price for what they actually get from this game in total. It is for me that the next gen consoles got a good bargin with paying the same price but for a better experience. So i dont think 360 got a bad bargin and arent being ripped off i simply think ps4 and other consoles on the other hand got a great deal. I suppose it could be looked at both ways and agin my post was insensative but just an opinion. :)

@rude

Yeah i agree , they could have chosen to sell them don the river from the start and it would have been a valid thing to do in this market , so i think it was very honourble like you say for them to strive to keep them in the loop as much as possible.

@ empecee

If you went back to 360 from a upgrade for your personel reasons isnt nothing to do with this not being available , i would not dream of going back to my ps3 , where it was fantastic for its time , that time has passed. Were i agree that not all new tech is better which i never really said anyway my point was that new tech holds more functions and thats a fact. I use a gillette razor , a simple hand held and buy new blades i would not expect that to have the same functions as the new electric razors with the nose trimmers lol and pants girly stuff like that. You cant blame a company for wanting to move with the times , its a priority for companies to do so if they want to stay in the market. It is up to us the gamers to make sure that we have the correct equipment for that generation if we want to stay with them and enjoy all that is becoming available.:)

There is plenty of examples , like when hd came out people was shocked that if they bought an hd dvd then this then should give them had when infact they not only had to have an hd dvd player they had to have and hd tv also and also an hd lead. Is that the dvds fault then that this is the case ?. You will still get normal viewing with the dvd just not hd but its not the dvds fault your epuipment you play it on doesnt support it. This is the same with alot of new phones these days and having certain apps not work on certain phones , its the way the market is and the way this works with the ever fast growing technology. Yesturdays appliances are not catered for and thats life. :)

Even with the hd . they still had to have a full hd tv which most thought they had which they didnt and was only part hd. that was a con though i agree lol

hd tvs dont mean better films does it ? a crap film is still a crap film in higher rez

BeardinUSA
02-21-2015, 09:25 AM
I merely asked having had single lane MP on Evo why it wasnt possible on Fusion, and like I said I have no idea how it works with the complexitiy of coding or whatever, so therefore asked someone who did and got my reply as to why, I dont see the harm in that. So thanks for the quick reply Eno.
I dont blame the progession of technology, but when you buy the same game, even on an 'out of date' console as you say, I can accept the limitations and know it wont be as good or as refined as the superior consoles, but you can probably see why some people are getting annoyed by this issue as they probably didnt think they would be getting a game with a feature less from the other versions even though it is on the 360.
Anyway, be looking forward to more x supercross tracks on online MP soon to add more tracks to the variety, as have enjoyed it so far, and if thats all what the 360 gets, then thats what it gets, more things to worry about in life than this.

Its just money. It costs more money to tailor updates to the 360 because of the different hardware, it requires more developer hours as it requires alot of platform specific tweaks to get it running on the older hardware. They dont want to pay developers to create 360 versions of updates. Its strictly a cost cutting measure from redlynx perspective.

They obviously arent gonna straight up tell you that because it makes them look bad, but thats the real reason. Yes the older hardware makes it more difficult to create updates for, but the reality is, they could do it... they just dont want to.

Agoat
02-21-2015, 04:03 PM
Its just money. It costs more money to tailor updates to the 360 because of the different hardware, it requires more developer hours as it requires alot of platform specific tweaks to get it running on the older hardware. They dont want to pay developers to create 360 versions of updates. Its strictly a cost cutting measure from redlynx perspective.

They obviously arent gonna straight up tell you that because it makes them look bad, but thats the real reason. Yes the older hardware makes it more difficult to create updates for, but the reality is, they could do it... they just dont want to.

This is incorrect.

Trials is a game that is required to run at 60 FPS for it to work properly. Game clock, physics, and even the speed of the game are tied to framerate. This is why the PC version does not let you go above 60 FPS. They were able to push Supercross to 360, but look at how simple the tracks are. There aren't very many objects, particle effects, or physics objects (aside from the Rider.) If you've ever wondered why Redlynx recommends that you test your track with a full game, it's because you need to add 7 more complex physics objects (player characters, no less) to your track to test it properly.

Redlynx simply can't push an update that has tracks running below the 60 FPS mark, it would literally break the game.

TeriXeri
02-21-2015, 04:08 PM
Trials is a game that is required to run at 60 FPS for it to work properly.
Redlynx simply can't push an update that has tracks running below the 60 FPS mark, it will literally break the game.

Agreed on this, they already had to cut down resolution down on X1 to I think 900p, and X360 is much older.

Even new/next gen console games are often cut in resolution or framerate to 30 or both, can't reduce framerate on Trials so they are already on a limit, especially if a track has particles/physics on single lane Trials, even if the other players are ghosts.

RetiredRonin
02-22-2015, 07:34 PM

Agoat and TeriXeri have the right idea, which is what I tried to explain in the original post. It does not run well enough on that console. It's also the reason why we mentioned that some tracks will not be available on any console (not just X360). There has been a lot of work done on platform specific issues, it's how dev works. Updates ARE created for each console, and that includes the 360. The answer I gave earlier is the only answer there is; with the game, DLC and new features, we are using pretty much all we can get. You can only put so much weight on the table before it breaks.

mutetus
02-22-2015, 08:53 PM
And may I add that it's not all about what X360 can run and whatnot, the memory capacity and speed is pretty much topped right now.

Agoat
02-23-2015, 12:35 AM
Let's not forget that it's a free update, too. It's not exclusive season pass content for next gen, it's not ripping off last gen, it's essentially a bonus gamemode. The game launched at $20 with more features than most $60 releases. I don't know of any $20 release game that has a level editor aside from Trials. Let's not forget that we already have a multiplayer mode that we just got. I can't ask anyone to like the situation, but I can't help but find it absurd when people want to compare Trials Fusion to Grand Theft Auto V. (GTA V also will be losing future downloadable content on Xbox 360, for the record).

If anything, you guys rock for being up front and honest about it.

empecee
02-23-2015, 04:08 PM
[QUOTE=Agoat;10591564]Let's not forget that it's a free update, too. It's not exclusive season pass content for next gen, it's not ripping off last gen, it's essentially a bonus gamemode. The game launched at $20 with more features than most $60 releases. I don't know of any $20 release game that has a level editor aside from Trials. Let's not forget that we already have a multiplayer mode that we just got. I can't ask anyone to like the situation, but I can't help but find it absurd when people want to compare Trials Fusion to Grand Theft Auto V. (GTA V also will be losing future downloadable content on Xbox 360, for the record).

If anything, you guys rock for being up front and honest about it.
i started that analogy and the original point i was making is the 360 with its " outdated " hardwear can still run complex. be it cut down or whatever framerate . still runs on that hardwear simple as . nothing absurd . its fact . and what your being told is a game that is basicly a motorcycle that goes left to right somehow wont run a single lane multplayer ?. even though it has 4 lane currently . a simple its not priority or even we simply dont have the man power or time would have explained it . but all you 360 owners were told is that the 360 cant run it because the machine is old . which by using gta 5 as an example is not true . hope i explained this a bit better

En0-
02-23-2015, 05:30 PM
Empecee didn't see my earlier post :-(

Agoat
02-23-2015, 07:25 PM
i started that analogy and the original point i was making is the 360 with its " outdated " hardwear can still run complex. be it cut down or whatever framerate . still runs on that hardwear simple as . nothing absurd . its fact . and what your being told is a game that is basicly a motorcycle that goes left to right somehow wont run a single lane multplayer ?. even though it has 4 lane currently . a simple its not priority or even we simply dont have the man power or time would have explained it . but all you 360 owners were told is that the 360 cant run it because the machine is old . which by using gta 5 as an example is not true . hope i explained this a bit better

GTA V can run at 15 FPS (and frequently does). Trials has to run at constant 60 FPS. You can boil it down to what the game's theme is but there's a lot more going on than just "A motorcycle driving from left to right." Whenever Grand Theft Auto has a lot of vehicles starting to collide, it freezes them and makes them explode because all of the physics interactions are expensive to calculate. Even next-gen GTA V runs at 30 FPS... sometimes.

Load up the sample track in the Fusion editor and look around a bit. Look at all of the scripting going on (it's a lot). Multiply that for each player racing. Suddenly that "motorcycle going from left to right" is a lot more complex than you would imagine. The other thing you don't see is the physics, but you can see how that can slow down a system by dropping a bunch of objects on top of each other. Your track's performance will drop very quickly.

Empecee didn't see my earlier post :-(

:(

empecee
02-23-2015, 08:10 PM
GTA V can run at 15 FPS (and frequently does). Trials has to run at constant 60 FPS. You can boil it down to what the game's theme is but there's a lot more going on than just "A motorcycle driving from left to right." Whenever Grand Theft Auto has a lot of vehicles starting to collide, it freezes them and makes them explode because all of the physics interactions are expensive to calculate. Even next-gen GTA V runs at 30 FPS... sometimes.

Load up the sample track in the Fusion editor and look around a bit. Look at all of the scripting going on (it's a lot). Multiply that for each player racing. Suddenly that "motorcycle going from left to right" is a lot more complex than you would imagine. The other thing you don't see is the physics, but you can see how that can slow down a system by dropping a bunch of objects on top of each other. Your track's performance will drop very quickly.

:(

hey thanks a lot for that really interesting answer . defiantly feel more enlightened. so thanks . redlynx employ this guy

Agoat
02-23-2015, 11:47 PM
It's just what RoguishRonin and the other Trials Devs were saying. :P They're really honest, it's a nice change from seeing other developers dodge questions about heis- other planned updates and features. Plus Single Lane MP is a really awesome surprise. (Is Redlynx hiring, though??)

IxKILLxZOMBIES
02-24-2015, 12:05 AM
I've not got any trials friends online at the minute so I can't test but it's letting me set up a private match with single lane custom tracks from my favourites is this so we can play some simple tracks :D or just a mistake :(

P.S on the op I fully understand if it can't be done it can't be done :)

empecee
02-24-2015, 12:49 AM
It's just what RoguishRonin and the other Trials Devs were saying. :P They're really honest, it's a nice change from seeing other developers dodge questions about heis- other planned updates and features. Plus Single Lane MP is a really awesome surprise. (Is Redlynx hiring, though??)

i think they would make an exception for you . i also love honest devs . just like my favorite politicians there amazing :)

Agoat
02-24-2015, 02:07 AM
i think they would make an exception for you . i also love honest devs . just like my favorite politicians there amazing :)

My four forum posts would make an excellent application, I'm sure.

IxKILLxZOMBIES
02-24-2015, 02:43 AM
I've not got any trials friends online at the minute so I can't test but it's letting me set up a private match with single lane custom tracks from my favourites is this so we can play some simple tracks :D or just a mistake :(

P.S on the op I fully understand if it can't be done it can't be done :)

Tested. all costum tracks I've played work fine so what's the problem with the solo tracks?

Edit: ok some tracks do lag a bit

P.S As to the P.S in that last post from playing about 40 custom tracks on 360 an getting little lag it seem it could easily be achieved with a little editing of the tracks maybe one of the top community builders on 360 could volunteer if redlynx can't put the time in to editing the tracks obviously there's probably secrets you would have to remove from tracks before giving the volunteer access to the tracks but I can now see it is defiantly possible to get it working on 360 after playing all the custom tracks I just did in a full lobby

IxKILLxZOMBIES
03-09-2015, 09:59 AM
It’s not a decision that has been taken lightly, but it is not possible to implement a Single Lane Multiplayer mode in Online Multiplayer on Xbox 360.

UPDATE: 2/24/2015 (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1015775-Single-Lane-Custom-Tracks-in-Private-Online-MP?p=10594156&viewfull=1#post10594156)

I'm sorry to come back to it but I see it every time I'm on the forum please remove that last statement from your post. as you said earlier in the post the tracks were optimised for single player fair enough but as we all know redlynx create the tracks in the editor and could therefore re-optimise them for multi which would probably just mean removing all the logic for the challenges that are completely unnecessary in a competitive multi-player.

So to me that last statement seems to be a lie maybe unintentional or maybe I'm wrong maybe this solution was tested but from the statement "optimised for single player" I guess not

Or if it's not a lie for some other reason please explain because knowing you can edit tracks at any time it just don't add up and I'm sure other people noticed this too and would have more respect if you just said look yes we could re-optimise them but not that many people play on the 360 anymore and we decided not to put resources in to this rather than saying its NOT POSSIBLE when I find that very very hard to swallow.

RetiredRonin
04-13-2015, 06:42 PM
It's not a lie. Those tracks were already optimized for X360. What you would end up with wouldn't be the same tracks, and really, isn't that the whole point?

IxKILLxZOMBIES
04-14-2015, 11:29 PM
Fair enough if that's the opinion of redlynx that it would seem low quality or maybe tarnish the tracks lots of people put a lot of work in to the theme the fell and the hole atmosphere of a track but for a competitive multiplayer I'm sure most people would have been happy with just the line kept intacked and some generic indoor theme or even just a striped down version but I understand that would probably take a lot of work.

But maybe something to keep in mind for the next trials game you could build the line to all tracks first and from then on build two themes around the line one pushing the engine (on next-gen alone hopefully) for single player and one with a simple generic multiplayer theme for online single lane that way all tracks/lines will be available for multiplayer.

pad3
04-15-2015, 07:35 PM
Do you really still hope for a next Trials on Xbox 360?

IxKILLxZOMBIES
04-16-2015, 01:11 AM
Do you really still hope for a next Trials on Xbox 360?

Did you even read my post I clearly said on next gen alone hopefully