PDA

View Full Version : Video card error question

foothill2112
08-17-2004, 11:56 AM
Do not know if this will get answered here, but here it goes.

Last night I went to play the demo and when it checked my system, the video card came up with an error. Saying known issues with this card. I have a GeForce 2 MX/MX400 (build 5672) Latest drivers are installed since I needed them for URU:POTS. I hit continue and all played well until the end of the demo and the screen went black. Had to Alt-Tab to other screen and then go back in to get the screen to show anything.

Latest drivers are installed and DirectX9 is installed. What is the issue? Must I dumb down the drivers to get it to work?

foothill2112
08-17-2004, 11:56 AM
Do not know if this will get answered here, but here it goes.

Last night I went to play the demo and when it checked my system, the video card came up with an error. Saying known issues with this card. I have a GeForce 2 MX/MX400 (build 5672) Latest drivers are installed since I needed them for URU:POTS. I hit continue and all played well until the end of the demo and the screen went black. Had to Alt-Tab to other screen and then go back in to get the screen to show anything.

Latest drivers are installed and DirectX9 is installed. What is the issue? Must I dumb down the drivers to get it to work?

ZHorkmeister
08-17-2004, 12:48 PM
http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif OHHH NOOOOO !!! I got an incoming NEW compooter system that has the NVIDIA infection installed within it !! AAAIGHHH!!! DONT TELL ME all owners of NVIDIA graphics cards WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PLAY MYST IV ?!?!?!?!

AAAAAAAAAAAAIHGHHHH !!!!

People at OOBIESOFT !! What do you have to say for yourselves !! Making a game INCOMPATIBLE with ALL NVIDIA products ?? http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-mad.gif

AFGNCAAP
08-17-2004, 01:32 PM
Tentative System Requirements (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=311106333&m=477102475)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Nvidia Geforce 2, 4, FX<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Shouldn't be a problem. Probably a driver issue. I'd try to advise you on this but I've never had a Nvidia card.

---------
The medium is the message.
The content is the audience.

JustBrett
08-17-2004, 01:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by foothill2112:
Must I dumb down the drivers to get it to work?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
There is a bug at the end of the demo that causes this to happen on some systems. As you discovered, alt+tab gets around it. There's no point in changing your drivers or anything just for a demo bug that should be eliminated from the finished game. I suspect the full game will be much happier with the latest drivers.

------------------
*SLMW 1.0* No animals were harmed in the production of this message.

foothill2112
08-18-2004, 09:26 AM
Thanks I was just wondering if any others had the same issue. I assume that the final game would fix any issues. My assumptions is that the demos is released not only to give a preview, but also to get feedback such as this.

What concerned me was the fact that the pre-check informed me of the error. There was another post I believe that the person could not play the game since his CPU was coming up at 698 and the game requires 700 MHz.