PDA

View Full Version : Small UI Requests

Capp00
02-04-2015, 05:14 PM
A couple of small requests. we only play single player and online private matches, so I don't know how the settings propagate to other modes specifically.

1) In online multiplayer, can we get an option to increase the time limit to select your bike? Or have it so you can "ready up" when you are ready? Currently seems like you have about 5 seconds to pick your bike. So should you need to run to the restroom after you've played 6/8 races, or your kid wakes up and needs you for a moment, so you come back and you are behind. I understand leaving it as "ready up" option will invariably bring out the AFK people that never ready up. So let the host force start, or auto start when everyone readies up.

2) Option to quit back to lobby. We like to tinker with the speed/gravity settings because it's hilarious. But lets say we set up the room with 4 tracks, and due to the settings changes, it takes us 15 minutes to complete the first track. It would be nice as the host to kill it back to the lobby instead of having to play the other 3 tracks, or kill the entire connection and have to re-invite people back to the party again.

3) Currently, from what I can tell, in private online matches, there are zero stats listed for any of the bikes. Now, while it's not a detriment of course, I do miss seeing some of the bar-graph style stats like in previous Trials games. Some tracks are better suited to a bike with fast acceleration, others for top speed. But the way it is now, you have no idea. Now, if all the bikes are the exact same, it doesn't really matter.

4) Name tag over other riders heads, just so you can tell who you are closest to, or after you've finished, you know whom you are watching.

5) Boost indicator. I turn on the option to receive a little boost from doing tricks, but from what I can tell, there doesn't some to be any indicator/meter or notification that you are getting the boost. If we are just completely missing it, can someone point out where the indicator is located?

Lukeyy19
02-08-2015, 04:58 PM
I only ever play private matches too, I agree with all yours, and have a few more.

6) Show finish times for each race with the points, when there's a really close finish, seeing just how close the times were is nice.

7) Show scores between races as well as just the short time at the end of each race.

8) Show the difficulty of the upcoming track at the bike selection screen.

9) Don't default the bike selection to the Pit Viper, leave it on the last selected.

10) Have a 'vote to skip' option when playing tracks, sometime you come across broken, barely playable tracks, end up with the wrong bike and can't make a jump, or thought you were going to play a nice extreme only to be stuck on a level 5 ninja etc, being able to just skip that track and continue with the rest of the set would be useful instead of having to quit, delete that track and restart.

Capp00
02-08-2015, 06:19 PM
Yes, all of those too. Thanks for adding those to the list!

BlueBadger400
02-09-2015, 10:28 AM
Good list of suggestions and great feedback. I'll make sure the right people get these. We are certainly looking into improving the MP experience even more!

Lukeyy19
02-17-2015, 01:36 PM
Thanks Blue Badger! good to know our feedback is being taken on board.

One more thing I thought about while playing the other day, currently you are awarded a max of 10 points for position and 10 points for faults, it would be nice to be able to mix this up in the options for private matches, for example if you wanted to award only points based on faults to make it a fault challenge or points only based on speed as per Evolution, or to be able to lower the points for faults to a max of 5 if you prefer it that way etc.

Jakeman4871
11-09-2017, 08:42 PM
Yes, all of those too. Thanks for adding those to the list!

I assume that the multiplayer for this game is only playable with people on your friends list. I had an awesome thought why not make the multiplayer aspect of the game have different options. Such as, Local Play, Public Match making.