PDA

View Full Version : A Note from the Devs to the Mapping Community

xMiiSTY
02-03-2015, 08:18 PM
As you know, we are [finally] bringing Co-op to the Map Editor! With this new update comes some information from the Developers. Check it out below.

First, the Far Cry 4 dev team wants to give a big shout-out to all the map creators. Thanks for your dedication and for creating over 100,000 maps so far. We are constantly impressed by your ingenuity and creativity. Keep them coming.

These are some of the upcoming changes for the IGE.

Regarding co-op for UGC maps:
• All maps will be playable in co-op and in single player.
• Map creators will be able to place two player spawn points. The first one will spawn P1, while the second one will spawn P2.
• If only one player spawn point is present in the map, both players will spawn at the same location.
• Quick play top rated co-op (public matchmaking, can invite a friend).
• Quick play random co-op (public matchmaking, can invite a friend).
• Custom co-op lobby. This is a private lobby only and it’s possible to create a playlist of 4 maps.

We added some new features:
• On console, Lock/Unlock camera function. This is available when using the Select tool.
• Occlusion Mesh helper. When you place an object or move an object, a gray box will display the occlusion mesh. This option can be enabled/disabled in the Editor settings.
• 5 new Ally rebel archetypes.

Some of the most important bugs we fixed:
• Fix an issue where the Snow was de-activated when restarting a map while in the Map Editor.
• Fix an issue where the Vista and the Snow do not appear once the map is published.
• Fix an issue where the animal would not go out of an open cage.
• Fix an issue where the rotation wasn't working for the spawners of wave 2 to 5 and for the ambient spawners
• Fix an issue where the wave trigger settings were reset to the default value when opening the map.
• Fix an issue where the healing syringe counter was displaying the wrong value after the Player restarted a mission
• Static vehicles are no longer accounted in the AI budget
• Fix an issue where the Map Editor could crash while using the Bumb tool.
• On PC, fix copy to clipboard function. Map creators can now copy and paste objects from one map to another.
• On PC, fix an issue where the search starts as soon as a letter is entered rather than after pressing Enter.

ImGonaG3tUsucka
02-03-2015, 09:36 PM
Excellent news. Fixed Auto camera. CO OP WITH PLAYLIST. YES
Thanks xMISTY for this great news.

Kemet nubia
02-03-2015, 09:43 PM
Good to hear but what about destructible doors and autoscroll???????

ImGonaG3tUsucka
02-03-2015, 09:46 PM
Good to hear but what about destructible doors and autoscroll???????

I think unlock and lock camera is the auto scroll. I hope so. I am at work can't test it out. To test it out make sure auto scroll is off put zip line down, grab end of zip line, if you move to the center of the zip line , then it's not fixed.

zeeEVIL1
02-03-2015, 11:11 PM
After 4 versions of the game, This is the very first post I have seen on the FC boards from Devs with fixs for the Editor.
Thank you. That is a solid list so far.
Looking forward to the co-op.

TheSlimReeper
02-04-2015, 02:42 AM
Awesome, Will test it out.

Manlius10A
02-04-2015, 04:49 AM
This is very exciting news! The update is live! I did test that the vistas work for playing maps from the map browser now. The new ally NPC characters are a great addition. And the interface for the coop system looks to be pretty spot on. I hope Ubisoft introduces new IGE content now that the major issues have been resolved. What a wonderful surprise this Tuesday!

Ubi_Jax
02-04-2015, 10:24 AM
Glad to hear that everyone appreciates the patch. This was all due to some of the fantastic feedback the community has been providing us and we're glad to finally be able to let you all loose making some Co-Op maps!

We continue to appreciate any feedback you can all provide us and we can't wait to see some of the crazy Co-Op ideas you all can come up with ;).

JolanXBL
02-04-2015, 10:43 AM
• Fix an issue where the Map Editor could crash while using the Bumb tool.
Is that why so many maps are crap? :D

Fallen-Champ
02-04-2015, 08:04 PM
Thanks for letting us know I will have to check this out now - good that we can have 4 maps in a playlist for coop - I guess I need to look for people who want to share some maps with a buddy now.

Fallen-Champ
02-04-2015, 09:29 PM
We added some new features:
• On console, Lock/Unlock camera function. This is available when using the Select tool.

So it is nice that the camera position actually stays fixed but what an absolute joke when moving pieces with Camera Auto Scroll turned OFF
The issue is not really much better because the pieces / items move from the spot they are intended to be in.

Example - I turn off Camera Auto Scroll and the camera / screen position stays on the item / piece I want to move when selected - I now move the oiece but instead of it going directly straight up / down it moves towards or away from where it should end up - Been waiting since launch for this to be fixed but it appears that whoever put in their time only did half the job - It should be so much easier now for moving items around close up and for getting the required view so it will help lots but when you raise an item up or down it should simply raise up or down and not movein other directions as it is raising / lowering.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0KvtL2mo1w&feature=youtu.be
Also I noticed when looking through maps the map says SOLO on it so I am guessing if 2 spawns are added it will say COOP

ImGonaG3tUsucka
02-04-2015, 09:40 PM
Played co op last night, Its a lot of fun. You can revive your team mate if he is down. If you don't get to him and your still alive. He can respawn. You can also give your team mate health syringe and ammo.

I don't want to rain on anybody's parade, but the auto scroll is not fixed this is a major issue. To explain when you are using object like the ziplines or a wall for a floor and you want to grab an object auto scroll will move your grab to the center or sometimes bottom center of the object which it makes it a lot harder to see if your placing the object the way you want. In fact I hardly ever use auto scroll. Making custom objects into other things is extremely frustrating. In the editor options it says you can turn it off but it seems to be always on. So why is that or do certain objects always have auto scroll on?

I think Champ and me were writing at the same time. :-P

On a side note a decided to republish 3 of my maps geared towards co op only. With more AI, heath, weapons, and even vehicles. Added 2p in the title meaning 2 players. Did not need to do it , but want to keep the challenge high.

Fallen-Champ
02-04-2015, 10:18 PM
I don't want to rain on anybody's parade, but the auto scroll is not fixed this is a major issue.

Yeah I hear you with that - I only briefly checked for a minute - Just tried to move a zipline and it is a complete mess & no different than before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcsMu1DX1ag&feature=youtu.be

Basically with Camera Auto Scroll turned OFF (to work as it is supposed to) when I select the zipline the camera should not move at all and I should be free to move the item around but as it did before I select the item (zipline) and you can see the camera move into some random position and it is clearley impossible to move the zipline around and get it into a good position.

I should be able to grab that start point for the zipline and drag it to where I want it to be then simply raise / lower and it would be done in seconds with pinpoint accuracy.

(I deleted my earlier rant as it was uncalled for and does not help in any way)

tantoine666
02-04-2015, 10:44 PM
I was hoping that along with the co-op patch (thanks for that, by the way) you'd fix the what appears to be frequent random crashes in the map editor, but no.
It still crashes/freezes/stops working or blue screens after the update, gutted.
I persisted and worked around this by saving religiously after placing anything and everything, but as you can imagine this adds unnecessary time and stress to making any map.
Is there going to be a fix for this...?
I googled this for a while and tried many suggestions but nothing seems to work.
Any ideas Dev...?

the game side of FC4 only blue screened me 2 or 3 times (which is quite good considering the mess FC3 was when I first turned that on, couldn't play FC3 for 8 months due to crashes etc.) and with the amount of hours invested in that, it wasn't too bad.
But the editor is appalling, I've lost lots of time and map data due to it not saving continually as you go, this forum's got an auto save (while typing this) so how hard would that be. There you go, a good suggestion for you, a work around for your poor programing: an auto save in map editor set to save every 3 mins in the back ground.
Thing's like that would help us work around your shoddy workmanship when you release games/editors that aren't finished.
Which means it's impossible to test your map in the editor to iron out the kinks, due to it crashing.
Maybe I should leave it another 8 months or for patch no.32 to come out for any chance of this being a pleasure to use...?!

ImGonaG3tUsucka
02-04-2015, 10:48 PM
Also I noticed when looking through maps the map says SOLO on it so I am guessing if 2 spawns are added it will say COOP
When you publish or republish a map you can choose from solo, solo and co op, or co op only. I don't think it really matters. You can play all of them solo or co op.

Fallen-Champ
02-04-2015, 11:46 PM
Played co op last night, Its a lot of fun. You can revive your team mate if he is down. If you don't get to him and your still alive. He can respawn. You can also give your team mate health syringe and ammo.

http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac6/MrTibarata/FC4COOPOptions_zps7ea24cdf.jpg (http://s880.photobucket.com/user/MrTibarata/media/FC4COOPOptions_zps7ea24cdf.jpg.html)

Do you still get that display as in the main COOP Game when playing with another on Custom Maps ?
Also have you tried any of the destructible doors - are they now working in the editor / for our maps ?

ImGonaG3tUsucka
02-05-2015, 03:26 AM
Do you still get that display as in the main COOP Game when playing with another on Custom Maps ?
Also have you tried any of the destructible doors - are they now working in the editor / for our maps ?
I'm not sure I am at work and never played Co op In game. I bought the game mostly for the editor. I have only played an hour or two in the campaign .

As for the destructible doors in the editor the very large iron gate doors blow up with grenades and the very large wooden barn looking doors you need high explosives like c4, or grenade launchers. But the regular grenade doesn't seem to work. I heard an
elephant can ram them have not tried it. That is in the editor.- Edit just play a random co op map with the large yellow door blow a hole in it.

Kemet has discovered if you go into the editor click on your map and play it, It should play like it does when it is published. But if you load your map in editor then play it. It will be different.
This was before the patch. I have tested it and he seemed to be right. I used animals in cages. If I just turn on the game go Right in the editor choose the map to play and not edit, The animals are stuck just like a published map. If I go in editor and start editing and play the animal would leave the cage. For the hell of it , I put the cage in the air side ways. With the destructible side facing down and the animals always fell out. I only used the cats and dogs. That was all before patch. Was going to post it on forums with more testing. But the patch came out. I will have to test it again.Its seems that Xb1 and PS4 have the same problems.

Ubi_Jax
02-05-2015, 10:24 AM
Hey everyone.

Thanks for your continued feedback regarding this patch. I've passed the information on regarding the Camera Auto Scroll issue which several of you have mentioned.

As for your issue tantoine666, I'd recommend trying to verify your game files to see if this helps with the crashing you're experiencing. If the issue persists, please create a support ticket which can be done HERE (http://support.ubi.com).

Please ensure that you provide a DxDiag and MSINFO of your system as this will help our support staff deal with your issue.

Once again, thanks everyone for your feedback regarding this patch. If you happen to come across more information you feel may be useful, please make sure to update this thread.

Fallen-Champ
02-05-2015, 12:42 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYzGgvDqkYE&feature=youtu.be

Well the animals now leave the cages in Published maps (as previously mentioned with the patch / update notes - see video above at 34 seconds)
So my 1st map Who Dares Wins IMO is now playable so thats good news as I always wanted the animals to leave the cages.

Also it is really good news that the vista's show in maps now.

http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac6/MrTibarata/WhoDaresWinsVista_zps5eed430d.jpg (http://s880.photobucket.com/user/MrTibarata/media/WhoDaresWinsVista_zps5eed430d.jpg.html)

http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac6/MrTibarata/EscapeYourFateVista_zps0c4be25a.jpg (http://s880.photobucket.com/user/MrTibarata/media/EscapeYourFateVista_zps0c4be25a.jpg.html)

The new Map Play Choices can be seen below. Play / Play COOP / Create A Private Match

http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac6/MrTibarata/PlayMapNewOptions_zps4c78b3dd.jpg (http://s880.photobucket.com/user/MrTibarata/media/PlayMapNewOptions_zps4c78b3dd.jpg.html)

We just need to get Camera Auto Scroll OFF working now - It works fine on Far Cry 2 and on Far Cry 3 - Basically whenever that is set to OFF and we select an item the camera screen should remain fixed and not move at all - With this not working on Consoles it is an incredibly frustrating chore to make a map where moving items close up in a cramped place because the camera often zooms into positions where we can't even see the item after it has been selected.

If that can be fixed it will be superb news so thank you Ubi Jax for mentioning it again.

Fallen-Champ
02-05-2015, 04:07 PM
TEKTORO posted this in another forum - brings me to the question can we test coop before publishing, how could we possibly assume the map is balanced without the ability to do so?

I have to agree that he has a point with this, to try out a map in COOP we have to first publish the map (do we not?) so if you then find that it requires some tweaks we have no way to delete the earlier version which means publishing a second version.

Is there anything on the horizon so that maps can be deleted from the database ?

Ubi_Jax
02-05-2015, 05:18 PM
Example - I turn off Camera Auto Scroll and the camera / screen position stays on the item / piece I want to move when selected - I now move the oiece but instead of it going directly straight up / down it moves towards or away from where it should end up - Been waiting since launch for this to be fixed but it appears that whoever put in their time only did half the job - It should be so much easier now for moving items around close up and for getting the required view so it will help lots but when you raise an item up or down it should simply raise up or down and not movein other directions as it is raising / lowering.

Hey FALLEN CHAMP.

Asking this question (after passing your info to the Dev Team), are you clicking the touch pad button to lock the camera? If you use this feature does it help at all?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcsMu1DX1ag&feature=youtu.be

Regarding the zipline issues which yourself and ImGonaG3tUsucka mentioned, the team are aware that this is a concern and are thankful for the feedback. At the moment, we have no news on a future fix, but it's definately something we're aware of.

TEKTORO posted this in another forum - brings me to the question can we test coop before publishing, how could we possibly assume the map is balanced without the ability to do so?

This is an excellent suggestion that's been passed on to the devs. As soon as we have any more information regarding a possible intergration in the future, you'll all be the first to know.

Thanks

Fallen-Champ
02-05-2015, 06:27 PM
Asking this question (after passing your info to the Dev Team), are you clicking the touch pad button to lock the camera? If you use this feature does it help at all?

Regarding the zipline issues which yourself and ImGonaG3tUsucka mentioned, the team are aware that this is a concern and are thankful for the feedback. At the moment, we have no news on a future fix, but it's definately something we're aware of.

TouchPad ?
I had never used this before for locking the camera (What do they use on XB1 / 360 / PS3 as they do not have a TouchPad ?)
Just playing around with that feature to Lock Camera - It is not really a feature I would normally use and I se no need for it myself, once the camera is locked you can not zoom in / out where as with Camera Auto Scroll set to OFF I should still be able to zoom in / out when moving items.

This is difficult to explain but with Auto Scroll set to ON when I move a piece the screen / camera moves with the piece, also if I just select an item with Scroll ON sometimes (more often than not) the screen / camera adjusts slightly - now with Scroll set to OFF (If it were working correctly) you don't get any of this at all you simply move the camera and get the perfect angle first.

Then you select the item you want to move and when you do this the camera stays in that position but it is not locked - If you move the item too far it will go off screen so you can either bring it back into view or you simply de-select, move the camera again then re-select the item.

Moving flags into position is just as frustrating as moving ziplines.

Is there any way the Devs can get in touch with whoever worked on the Far Cry 2 or Far Cry 3 Editor (I was told that the FC3 Editor guy - The main one left shortly before the game launched) As both those games had that option / Camera Auto Scroll OFF and it worked perfectly.

If it can't be fixed with this game then it would be a concern for the next one (if that has an editor) because there is nothing more frustrating then selecting a perfect view so you can see what you are doing then when you highlight an item that view moves to one where you can't see.

I can't speak for everyone but those who make a lot of maps that are regarded to be good quality - Almost everyone on the previous games on console would turn camera auto scroll OFF because it was frustrating when turned on so you can hopefully understand why it is such a big deal - Unfortunately most appear to be not making maps on FC4 otherwise they would be helping to explain how it worked before and how much easier it was to build a map with that turned off.

Fallen-Champ
02-05-2015, 06:59 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGNYYidRFE0&feature=youtu.be

The video above shows how bad this issue really is - All I want to do is move one piece closer to another without the hassle.

Ok at 9 seconds I select the item and you can see the camera view switch stopping me from seeing that tiny gap I wanted to close up by moving one item closer to the other.

I re-adjust to an overhead view and at 13/14 seconds select the item again and (again) the camera auto scrolls away from the view I wanted so I go to Plan B which is using Edit Object by Coordinates - you can see that by doing this I can close that gap but you have to then jump out and take a closer look to see how things are when doing this type of work in the editor.

At approx 26 seconds I do just that and move the camera to get a better view, There is still more work needed so I select the item just before the 30 second mark and you can see for yourself that the camera auto scrolls (even though it is turned off) this makes it impossible to see what I am doing.

I play around trying to get a good view from different areas - even underneath but every time I select that item the camera moves into a position so far away from where I want to be.

The only way I can ever fix things up is to use Edit by Coordinates and usually this has me in a blind position where I can't see what is happening so I have to keep jumping out and take a look to then jump back in and move by coordinates - sometimes this is not so bad and sometimes it can go on and on - very frustrating when the feature worked fine with the 2 previous games.

The issue with locking the camera using the Touch Pad you mentioned is that we have to select the item and be able to move it freely so to do this you need a good view - Once you lock that camera you can not then select the item and when you go to select the item before locking the camera the scroll kicks in and moves you usually to a view you don't want so for me locking is no use whatsoever.

http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac6/MrTibarata/TempleDestructibleDoor01_zps6ae8591b.jpg (http://s880.photobucket.com/user/MrTibarata/media/TempleDestructibleDoor01_zps6ae8591b.jpg.html)

http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac6/MrTibarata/WoodenDestructibleDoor_zpsdc5e1d0c.jpg (http://s880.photobucket.com/user/MrTibarata/media/WoodenDestructibleDoor_zpsdc5e1d0c.jpg.html)

Please could you also mention those 2 doors above - I believe both should be destructible which would be excellent if they worked.

ImGonaG3tUsucka
02-05-2015, 09:25 PM
Auto scroll is more of a burden, at least for me. I don't bother making too many custom pieces. It just takes too much time.

I do appreciate Ubi_Jax efforts to relate information on the editor.
Thanks for your support Ubi_Jax.

Fallen-Champ
02-05-2015, 11:29 PM
Has anyone come accross this issue in the past, MK-ULTRA said that he had some civilians in a map who kill themselves but when they died each death counted for an enemy kill (very strange)

Also has anyone looked at the option in the browser to check out maps made by people on your friends list ? (That would have been a good feature if it were working)

Ubi_Jax
02-06-2015, 09:14 AM
Hey FALLEN CHAMP.

Thanks for your previous post (with the video and the detailed description). I think this was more of a fault on my part not quiet getting what you meant, but I understand the fault now. The information has been passed on and once I get any information on the matter I'll make sure to update everyone. As for the doors you mentioned, does nothing work against them (even high explosives like C4)?

Finally, the civilians killing themselves which add to the enemies killed counter does indeed sound very strange. Have you been able to replicate and if so, do you have any video footage of it?

Thanks.

rbnblaze1
02-07-2015, 04:07 AM
Hey FALLEN CHAMP.

Thanks for your previous post (with the video and the detailed description). I think this was more of a fault on my part not quiet getting what you meant, but I understand the fault now. The information has been passed on and once I get any information on the matter I'll make sure to update everyone. As for the doors you mentioned, does nothing work against them (even high explosives like C4)?

Finally, the civilians killing themselves which add to the enemies killed counter does indeed sound very strange. Have you been able to replicate and if so, do you have any video footage of it?

Thanks.

not fallen champ, but i checked a couple things in game, it looks like those two dont break even after three c4s.

pics of testing them in editor

http://i.imgur.com/TQZCHnI.png

http://i.imgur.com/3XZxyTP.png

http://i.imgur.com/AHpXIqy.png

http://i.imgur.com/HpuliEv.png

http://i.imgur.com/M4y24hd.png

http://i.imgur.com/TDwjP9j.png

http://i.imgur.com/iw1s19p.png

also, for fellow map makers looking for destructible objects, i've found a couple that work:

the three elephant destruction walls from this pic and the dead tree from this pic
http://i.imgur.com/bI1wLUy.png

and the fortress gate from this one
http://i.imgur.com/e0FELgD.png

zeeEVIL1
02-07-2015, 04:34 PM
This camera auto scroll problem issimple. It is not the camera lock feature on the touchpad.
It is fully that the camera, when you select an item, automatically moves to the pivot point on the given brush.

SOLUTION:
Add more pivot points to the brushes. Put one in the center and one at each end. whichever one the camea is closest to, the camera will lock to it. Or, change the function of the camera lock feature on the touchpad, so that instead of fixing the cameras height, it locks the camera to whatever point on the brush you want it to lock to when pressed.
This problem is really apparent on pieces like the fences or the cave floor pieces which have pivot pointson one end but not the other. It is also bad on larger objects where the pivot point is located in the center of the object.

I was on for about 4 hours yesterday, and I never got notification for the update nor did my menus show any added features. Is it being released later on XB1?

Fallen-Champ
02-07-2015, 06:01 PM
This camera auto scroll problem issimple. It is not the camera lock feature on the touchpad.
It is fully that the camera, when you select an item, automatically moves to the pivot point on the given brush.

SOLUTION:
Add more pivot points to the brushes.

Why complicate things Mike - the solution should be even more simple than that - simply have the camera unlocked / free / as it says Auto Scroll OFF - As it is supposed to be so that when we select an item the camera does not move - It works perfect in FC2 and FC3 so why can't it also work in FC4

XB1 has COOP available in user made maps, Have you tried to join a map in coop from the Map Browser Menu

tantoine666
02-07-2015, 09:59 PM
Hey everyone.

Thanks for your continued feedback regarding this patch. I've passed the information on regarding the Camera Auto Scroll issue which several of you have mentioned.

As for your issue tantoine666, I'd recommend trying to verify your game files to see if this helps with the crashing you're experiencing. If the issue persists, please create a support ticket which can be done HERE (http://support.ubi.com).

Please ensure that you provide a DxDiag and MSINFO of your system as this will help our support staff deal with your issue.

Once again, thanks everyone for your feedback regarding this patch. If you happen to come across more information you feel may be useful, please make sure to update this thread.

Thanks for the quick reply, as to verifying the game files, I know how to do that in steam but I'm using Uplay for FC4 and haven't got a clue how you do that in this client.
After an internet search I was lead to believe I'd find it on the Uplay Games page and clicking on the arrow on the bottom right of the FC4 icon, where uninstall, mark as favourite and view game details can be found. but it's not there on mine.
So where's verify game located in Uplay please...?

Ubi_Jax
02-09-2015, 03:23 PM
Hmmm that seems strange. If you bought the game via Steam, you would need to follow the instructions found HERE (https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335).

If you purchased the game via Uplay, then you should be able to verify the game files by clicking the arrow next to "Play" and clicking "Verify".

If you've been unable to do either of these, I would then recommend contacting our Technical Support Team, which can be done HERE (http://support.ubi.com).

Please ensure to provide a DxDiag and MSINFO of your system as this will help our Support Team further.

Thanks.

JolanXBL
02-10-2015, 05:48 AM
I can't speak for everyone but those who make a lot of maps that are regarded to be good quality - Almost everyone on the previous games on console would turn camera auto scroll OFF because it was frustrating when turned on so you can hopefully understand why it is such a big deal - Unfortunately most appear to be not making maps on FC4 otherwise they would be helping to explain how it worked before and how much easier it was to build a map with that turned off.
You mean this? The Far Cry Instincts series had the easiest to use Editor, in my opinion.

1:30 Far Cry Instincts: Predator
4:40 Far Cry 2
8:25 Far Cry 4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JAamvfw6uE

DisIzSilly
02-10-2015, 05:10 PM
On PC, fix copy to clipboard function. Map creators can now copy and paste objects from one map to another.

How is this done? If I copy objects to the clipboard, then open a different map, there is no option to paste from clipboard.

tantoine666
02-10-2015, 10:18 PM
Hmmm that seems strange. If you bought the game via Steam, you would need to follow the instructions found HERE (https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335).

If you purchased the game via Uplay, then you should be able to verify the game files by clicking the arrow next to "Play" and clicking "Verify".

If you've been unable to do either of these, I would then recommend contacting our Technical Support Team, which can be done HERE (http://support.ubi.com).

Please ensure to provide a DxDiag and MSINFO of your system as this will help our Support Team further.

Thanks.

hi jax,
I didn't purchase it from steam or Uplay, I prefer to have a hard copy (dvd), then I know if I'm ever having problems with the internet I can still install the game should I need to with no reliance on web service. Don't know if this makes a difference or not, just thought I'd mention it. When I installed the game it brought up Uplay as part of the installation, even though I have steam and origin installed also.

I thought about opening a support ticket but while surfing different forums for answers I noticed another user with a similar problem, he did contact support and although they pointed him to a couple of web pages that might help, their main message was that because he was using a laptop which in turn was using a graphics card with the "M" prefix they could no longer provide him with any support due to Far Cry 4 not being made for the laptop/notebook market, gaming laptop or not.
Which I have to say put me off writing a lengthily support ticket with corresponding dxdiag and msinfo files just to be told: you're not supposed to be playing it on that..!
What do you think jax, should I still write one or would I be wasting my time...?

I'm using a Pc specialist W230st with Intel i7-4800MQ @ 2.70ghz, 16gb of ram, GTX765M with 2gb gdr, 512gb Samsung SSD running windows 7 64bit all in a 13.3 inch package. This blows my aged 6 year old (made to top spec then) desktop away in nearly every regard, and should be man enough to run far cry easily on good settings.
It managed to run the game (campaign completed that is) to completion with only 2 or 3 bsod's, and with a new game with bugs, that's not bad. It just seems to be a IGE problem for me.
Further web searches give me reason not to update my NVidia drivers from 344.75 to 347.52 due to many people claiming the earlier iteration to be more reliable. Not to mention all the other graphically intensive games I play with no bother, warface, battlefield 3,COD black-ops and Ghost, NFS Rivals the list goes on.

Which is a shame cus I'm getting right into this map creation lark, if it wasn't for the constant blue screens and "IGE has stopped working" it would be pleasure to use.

I've also got some feedback on that side of it: The in editor test game where we go to iron out the wrinkles doesn't correspond to the editor in some areas. I took a few print screen snapshots and cut them down in paint planning on inserting them into the post to better illustrate my point, but I can't seem to copy/paste them in, so I'll try and explain.
In the editor I spend some time placing a gun on a shelf, when I'm happy that it looks like it's making the right amount of contact with the surface I'm placing it on, I start the test game in the editor to see what it looks like from within the game, and that's where I see the gun floating about 6 inches (relatively) above the surface I placed it on.
As another example: A bow I placed on a bed at the starting point of my map, in test game it's about a foot underneath it (relatively). I therefore have to raise the bow 2 foot off the bed surface just to be able to see it, and that's not sitting nicely either. Deleting this offending object and placing another in the same place also has the same outcome. With this much discrepancy between the two aspects of creation how's it supposed to look right when finished...?

These are the problems I'm having creating my second map, but case in point: My first map I made "My 1st FC4 Outpost" which I still have in the editor list to check on, after publishing it and playing it through the "map browser" in game, I found one of the jetski's was hovering 2 or 3 meters (relatively) above the water. After stopping the game and going back into the editor, loading my 1st map and checking, the jetski is nicely floating on the surface of the water.
And now that it has been published I can't change it, I can only litter the server with another updated map, which seems rather inefficient. The creator needs a delete button to remove one of his/her maps. Although this doesn't help with the discrepancy problem.

I've also discovered a possible bug when using IGE: When gaming I use a Aimon PS elite (half of a gamepad controller) to save my fingers from "wsad" cramp, as I call it, as well as a gaming mouse. If I start IGE with this controller plugged in and ready to go, my PC version of the game thinks I've got a PlayStation, so when trying to pick things up in the test game it displays the blue X with a blue circle around it. Instead of the Keystroke assigned to the button on the controller. To get over this I leave plugging in the controller until I'm within the test game already, then it seems to play as normal.

Anybody else getting these problems, or is it just me...?
Thanks for reading and any suggestions.

Ubi_Jax
02-10-2015, 10:40 PM
Hey tantoine666.

This does sound like a strange issue. I'd still recommend that you create a support ticket so that our Support Team can investigate this matter for you further. You can create a ticket by going to support.ubi.com and clicking the "My Questions" tab found in the top left hand side of the screen.

Once you've created your support ticket, please can you provide me (either in this thread or via a private message) your support ticket number and I'll ensure that this ticket gets investigated for you.

Thanks

zeeEVIL1
02-11-2015, 05:31 PM
Why complicate things Mike - the solution should be even more simple than that - simply have the camera unlocked / free / as it says Auto Scroll OFF - As it is supposed to be so that when we select an item the camera does not move - It works perfect in FC2 and FC3 so why can't it also work in FC4

XB1 has COOP available in user made maps, Have you tried to join a map in coop from the Map Browser Menu

Steve, I am not so much trying to complicate things, as I am trying to point to what I feel is the actual cause of the issue. If and how the Devs wish to approach a fix, it totally up to them. I just felt that the message was not being clearly delivered since the problem, even after a fix, is still there.
I have not played any co-op yet, since none of my friends except Automator actually have the game.
I have added co-op spawn to my Kali map and am republishing it and I am rebuilding the Eagle from scratch to include Co-op And I have torn the CARTEL TAKEDOWN map apart. It already looks different than the pictures I posted.

legacyzero
02-12-2015, 03:33 AM
Glad to hear that everyone appreciates the patch. This was all due to some of the fantastic feedback the community has been providing us and we're glad to finally be able to let you all loose making some Co-Op maps!

We continue to appreciate any feedback you can all provide us and we can't wait to see some of the crazy Co-Op ideas you all can come up with ;).

Uh-huh...

Because we all know how GREAT Ubi is a listening to community feedback. That's why we have PVP in the Map Editor. Because you "appreciate" the community.

DapperHayden007
02-12-2015, 08:36 AM
Uh-huh...

Because we all know how GREAT Ubi is a listening to community feedback. That's why we have PVP in the Map Editor. Because you "appreciate" the community.

I do understand why people see this as a HUGE issue, but I feel like they have improved this time round, I mean, Julien is actively working with his (larger) team to work with the community in regards to the editor itself, even though the team don't 100% understand what the community are trying to say :rolleyes:

But I think the old thread needs to be pushed in order to get PVP in the editor back for the next Far Cry game, they realised they messed up with vehicles, and I think they realised it was a mistake to remove PVP from the editor, but I don't think they will introduce it into Far Cry 4, unfortunately.

I personally don't mind the SP/Co-Op editor, but to be honest since Far Cry 3 I haven't had a steady enough internet connection to play much MP so I personally am not losing out on much.

Alfwynn
02-12-2015, 10:01 PM
So patch 1.8 fixes an issue with wave triggers resetting after you close a map, correct? Why can't I get my wave triggers to stay where I set them at all, let alone after closing a map?? I'm post 1.8 here, yet after I set a wave trigger to, say, 75% then click off of it to another wave, when I select the wave again it's back to being set at 'One dead'. Is this feature still broken or am I just doing something really wrong?

tantoine666
02-13-2015, 09:18 PM
Hey tantoine666.

This does sound like a strange issue. I'd still recommend that you create a support ticket so that our Support Team can investigate this matter for you further. You can create a ticket by going to support.ubi.com and clicking the "My Questions" tab found in the top left hand side of the screen.

Once you've created your support ticket, please can you provide me (either in this thread or via a private message) your support ticket number and I'll ensure that this ticket gets investigated for you.

Thanks

Hi jax,
I'm not having a lot of luck with this game mate, I've been trying to make a support ticket since you last posted, 4 times now. I've put all the info in and attached the 2 files you want, I click on submit, it takes me to the FAQ suggestions page, I click on the submit question and it hangs for quite a while before displaying this: "We are encountering a technical issue with the page you are trying to view.
We apologise for the inconvenience and we will work to fix the issue as soon as possible. In the meantime please click here to return to the homepage" on a new page.

four attempts on different days, beginning to think I'm jinxed...!

Do you have a support email address for me to send my info to...?

Ubi_Jax
02-13-2015, 10:07 PM
Do you have a support email address for me to send my info to...?

Sadly there isn't a direct email for support. I would recommend trying a different browser and clearing your browser cache to see if this helps with submitting a ticket.

Can you please let me know if this has helped with your ticket submission?

Thanks.

tantoine666
02-14-2015, 12:21 AM
Sadly there isn't a direct email for support. I would recommend trying a different browser and clearing your browser cache to see if this helps with submitting a ticket.

Can you please let me know if this has helped with your ticket submission?

Thanks.

No that didn't work, just tried using google chrome after clearing cache, the screen didn't hang it just took longer to get to the same result.
Thanks for the suggestion, think on the same lines: I'll try once more at home on my desktop when I get home.
I'll let you know.

Strigorn
02-15-2015, 12:43 AM
So patch 1.8 fixes an issue with wave triggers resetting after you close a map, correct? Why can't I get my wave triggers to stay where I set them at all, let alone after closing a map?? I'm post 1.8 here, yet after I set a wave trigger to, say, 75% then click off of it to another wave, when I select the wave again it's back to being set at 'One dead'. Is this feature still broken or am I just doing something really wrong?

I am also having these issues. And why cannot we get scopes and silencers in the map? And what about helicopter attacks?? Also, since it is a single map, how about more that just 2 person Co-op?

But this resetting to One Dead for each wave is really weird. This should be an easy fix?? Or do we need to manually download this supposed update somewhere? There is no version information for the map editor.

Thanks.

tantoine666
02-16-2015, 08:07 PM
No that didn't work, just tried using google chrome after clearing cache, the screen didn't hang it just took longer to get to the same result.
Thanks for the suggestion, think on the same lines: I'll try once more at home on my desktop when I get home.
I'll let you know.

Hi Jax,
I am jinxed.
At home on my desktop is the same, for good measure I tried on my old mans computer: same result, just hangs after submit question has been clicked.
Then it goes to the something has gone tits-up page.
My patience is being spread pretty thin at the mo and other games are beginning to look more attractive and less problematic.
I'm at a loss, don't know what to do next..!

Ubi_Jax
02-17-2015, 10:44 AM
Hi Jax,
I am jinxed.
At home on my desktop is the same, for good measure I tried on my old mans computer: same result, just hangs after submit question has been clicked.
Then it goes to the something has gone tits-up page.
My patience is being spread pretty thin at the mo and other games are beginning to look more attractive and less problematic.
I'm at a loss, don't know what to do next..!

Sorry to hear about this. I've sent you a private message regarding this issue. Please can you ensure to follow the instructions so that we can assist further with your issue.

Thanks.

Alfwynn
02-17-2015, 03:35 PM
I am also having these issues. And why cannot we get scopes and silencers in the map? And what about helicopter attacks?? Also, since it is a single map, how about more that just 2 person Co-op?

But this resetting to One Dead for each wave is really weird. This should be an easy fix?? Or do we need to manually download this supposed update somewhere? There is no version information for the map editor.

Thanks.

Is there a response forthcoming on this? I've had a lot of fun working with this editor, but if I can't get my AI waves to work the way I want them to, I'm going to cut my losses and stop working with it. Does ANYONE else have this same issue of trigger settings resetting to 'One dead' all the time? I definitely have the 1.8 patch installed and I've had Steam confirm my file integrity.

tantoine666
02-17-2015, 10:33 PM
Sorry to hear about this. I've sent you a private message regarding this issue. Please can you ensure to follow the instructions so that we can assist further with your issue.

Thanks.

Hi Jax,
Thanks for your continued help, I've made progress, at last.
When trying to upload any files the webpage hangs then craps out, so I tried uploading 1 file at a time with no luck there either. On the off chance I just pasted the text I wrote describing the issue with no files attached and that went on the ticket no problem, so with this in mind I cut and pasted the DxDiag file into the text box and off that went. But after sending a few MSinfo sections I soon realised the shear size of this file: bloody huge..! Even the windows error report was massive and would have taken weeks to send on your tiny 4000 letter support text box in chunks, not too mention probably pretty unintelligible when piecing it together.

It's a step in the right direction but I still need a way of getting this MSinfo file to you

tantoine666
03-11-2015, 10:42 PM
Hi Ubi-jax,

Thanks for all your help mate, but after nearly a month of waiting and after sending my MSinfo & Dxdiag files and comments twice, I don't think your support man even bothered reading all I sent, due to the comments he made. He finally comes back with: your laptop's not up to minimum spec and even if it were laptops aren't supported.
My laptop's three generations above minimum spec and a bit more. Min Spec:GTX460, My machine: GTX765 with 2gb gdr.
Besides which, he seems to think I'm having problems with the game (another reason for me to think he's not reading my comments) when it isn't: the game runs fine. It's the IGE editor that's the problem, which he didn't even refer to.

So, to some up: Ige is so unstable it's not worth using, ubi support doesn't support laptops, I've lost over fifty hours creation on a map I can see in the game but doesn't exist in IGE at all, and there's nothing they will do for me.
IGE map creation over and done with then.

And if they wish for me to buy future games: then you better start supporting your customers, laptops as well as desktops...!
A quarter of your customers at least are using laptops surely, come on lets have a show of hands...

Ubi_Jax
03-12-2015, 12:01 PM
Hey tantoine666.

Sorry to hear about the issues you've been experiencing and the support you've received. I've requested that this case be looked into further for you and you should hopefully hear back from us soon.

As a side note, whilst laptop graphics card may run the game, they are not generally supported.

Thanks.