PDA

View Full Version : Game installed, uplay is an ***

NightmareGK13
02-03-2015, 03:26 AM
So I spent the last two hours installing the game with the dvd... AGAIN... all because I had to reinstall uplay (apparently uninstalling uplay also means losing all my installed games, brilliant move ubisoft) So after those two hours of installing 5 ****ING DVS's uplay doesnt seem to regonize the game and insists on downloading 50gbs... wtf is wrong with it... it's right there and just seems to be overwritting what I had installed... get your **** together

YazX_
02-03-2015, 11:05 AM
Backup the game files, Download the first 7 GB until it says playable, click "Play", exit the game as soon as it launches, exit UPlay, go to game download folder and copy the backup game over and delete *.state files, launch UPlay and verify game files

OR

Install the game, dont launch uplay or anything, just PM me for registry keys.

P.S: UPlay relies on registry keys and "data" folder to determine if the game is installed or not, since you reinstalled UPlay, "data" folder has been erased, anyway, not sure why its prompting to redownload 50 GB although you have installed it from discs, seems proper registry keys and "data\720" have not been set properly.

Red_dawn87
02-05-2015, 02:59 PM
Sorry to hear this bro installing is a pain tbh

Lignjoslav
02-05-2015, 04:11 PM
Uninstalling Steam uninstalls all Steam games too. It makes sense to me.