PDA

View Full Version : Problems Installing Assassin's Creed III

Lignjoslav
02-02-2015, 02:41 AM
After I download the game and start the installation, the installer complains that a number of files is corrupt:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v302/IvanV/Gaming/ACIII0.png~original

I've tried ignoring it, hoping that I could later verify the files, or that patches would fix it, but the patching process also fails:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v302/IvanV/Gaming/ACIII.png~original

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v302/IvanV/Gaming/ACIII 2.png~original

Strangely enough, the game would start, but I didn't want to run it in such condition, so I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game, same thing. This time, I tried aborting the installation and verifying the files. The verification process found a number of corrupt files, but when I told it to fix them, it just started re-downloading the entire setup. What gives?!

strigoi1958
02-02-2015, 02:53 AM
I'm not sure if it helps or not but I noticed you are installing to E: ... is that your main drive as I find Ubi games do not run from other drives except my drive with windows C: otherwise they crash and have errors ...

jeffies04
02-02-2015, 03:18 AM
I run from a separate drive without any problems, but I know this can be trouble for some.

I know this is probably a pain for you... but you might try just letting the verification-repair process redownload the files.

Lignjoslav
02-02-2015, 04:13 AM
Thanks for the advice, guys. The thing is that I've already downloaded it twice in the last 2 days. so I didn't think doing it a third time would change anything. Also, I've had all of my AC games, including AC III, on drives other than C (I swapped my CPU, RAM and mobo recently and did a clean install of Windows, so I had to install the game again).

A bit after I made the original post, I remembered to look for the game installation backup on an external hard drive (I originally downloaded it through Capsule, I think) and that worked: no errors during installation and it showed up in Uplay and updated just fine. Makes me think that something is corrupt (game files or CRC checksums) in Ubisofts current repository (at least that particular mirror that serves my region, Serbia).

naumaan
02-02-2015, 05:06 AM
so basically I am screwed .. as I am already having this problem with acb and acr .. and what more .. i think i cant install ac3 again either ... all ac games are off except acu ... strange ...

YazX_
02-02-2015, 07:15 PM
Hi Guys, i can confirm, the files have CRC errors, i have reported this while back and need to specify which regions, could you please tell me (all affected users) in which region are you (EU, NA,....) - Serbia is one of them- ??

And also, please do contact support, i think they can provide you with alternate download method.

Lignjoslav
02-02-2015, 08:06 PM
Thanks for all the effort you're making, YazX.

Serbia is formally not in the EU, but we're surrounded by EU countries and get EU prices, so I guess that that would be the correct region. I've just realized that I don't have a proper firewall installed yet, but netstat says that, when I'm not downloading any games, Uplay connects to the following hosts:

91.203.99.18:443
216.98.48.188:14000
91.245.214.26:80
54.231.65.41:80

If I start downloading AC:B, it connects to these hosts:

216.98.48.188:14000
91.245.214.26:80
54.231.65.41:80
82.145.215.41:80
194.106.162.118:80
91.245.214.18:80
91.245.214.17:80

jeffies04
02-02-2015, 08:54 PM
Solutions! Love it.

HypeR.tgL
02-03-2015, 11:51 AM
I've tried 5 times for AC 3. I'm in AUS/NZ region. I thought it was my dirt cheap internet so I gave up after that, seems it's not me. I had to borrow a hard copy DVD to install the other games since I don't have the bandwidth for that which worked superbly, however can't find a hard copy of AC3.

There's definitely an issue here, probably an isolated incident just for PC users so it hasn't got much traction in Ubi Support.

Anykeyer
02-03-2015, 12:43 PM
Hi Guys, i can confirm, the files have CRC errors, i have reported this while back and need to specify which regions, could you please tell me (all affected users) in which region are you (EU, NA,....) - Serbia is one of them- ??

And also, please do contact support, i think they can provide you with alternate download method.

WTH. Cant they just check CRC on their servers themself?
Last time I downloased those installers (more than a year ago) everything were ok. I'll try redownloading them in a virtial system to see if stuff got broken since

YazX_
02-03-2015, 01:45 PM
WTH. Cant they just check CRC on their servers themself?
Last time I downloased those installers (more than a year ago) everything were ok. I'll try redownloading them in a virtial system to see if stuff got broken since

yes before it was ok, but recently i had to redownload the installer files and got the same problem and have seen many users reporting it. so again please do contact support to report it and i have reported it as well from my side.

Anykeyer
02-03-2015, 07:19 PM
Just downloaded (almost) all AC games with old-style installers. Everything installed and patched without a single error. Only AC1 and AC3 DLCs remain to be tested (for some reason download speed is super slow for those items). Mine AC3 SKU in windows registry is "DIGITAL" and all patch file names end with _DIGITAL.exe.

YazX_
02-03-2015, 08:33 PM
Just downloaded (almost) all AC games with old-style installers. Everything installed and patched without a single error. Only AC1 and AC3 DLCs remain to be tested (for some reason download speed is super slow for those items). Mine AC3 SKU in windows registry is "DIGITAL" and all patch file names end with _DIGITAL.exe.

hmmm, does it happen that you were able to capture servers IP addresses for the contents? as i suspect the problem is affecting some servers and not all of them which is somehow interesting.

Anykeyer
02-03-2015, 08:49 PM
I didnt monitor connections at that time, but all downloads come from uplaypc-s-ubisoft.cdn.ubi.com which resolves to different IPs based on your own location. In my case all IPs belong to akamai server netwok in Moscow and apparently owned by my own ISP

YazX_
02-03-2015, 09:02 PM
I didnt monitor connections at that time, but all downloads come from uplaypc-s-ubisoft.cdn.ubi.com which resolves to different IPs based on your own location. In my case all IPs belong to akamai server netwok in Moscow and apparently owned by my own ISP

Then i can assume RU region is not affected by this, currently i've seen this for EMEA region as all people who reported this including myself are located in this region.

Anykeyer
02-04-2015, 07:24 AM
Not sure, from another ISP it resolves to Sweden. But this connection is slow so it would take ages to test the integrity of files.
If you want to test it youself try fooling Uplay by adding this IP to hosts file: 92.123.155.156 (or 92.123.155.24)

Anykeyer
02-09-2015, 07:13 AM
Ok, I tried this with another ISP, this time url resolved to 23.3.91.4 (Amsterdam). AC3 install is indeed corrupted on this server, I got the same error on sounddata files.
Im surprised this thread is so short btw.

YazX_
02-09-2015, 12:19 PM
Ok, I tried this with another ISP, this time url resolved to 23.3.91.4 (Amsterdam). AC3 install is indeed corrupted on this server, I got the same error on sounddata files.
Im surprised this thread is so short btw.

Thanks Mako for the update, then its indeed some servers on EMEA region are affected.

Anykeyer
03-03-2015, 02:57 PM
So, did they fix it?

YazX_
03-03-2015, 04:47 PM
So, did they fix it?

i dont know , i have reported it several times to community managers and urged people to contact support to provide more info, however, im not seeing any posts about it recently hopefully its fixed now.

Anykeyer
03-04-2015, 09:26 AM
Yesterday that ISP I had CRC errors with resolved CDN URL to another (not the same I tested initially) Moscow server, installation file on it wasnt corrupt. Today it again resolves to 23.3.91.4 but now all "whois" services insist that this IP is in US, previously they were saying Amsterdam.

YazX_
03-04-2015, 01:20 PM
Yesterday that ISP I had CRC errors with resolved CDN URL to another (not the same I tested initially) Moscow server, installation file on it wasnt corrupt. Today it again resolves to 23.3.91.4 but now all "whois" services insist that this IP is in US, previously they were saying Amsterdam.

They seem to update DNS to resolve to U.S server for IP 23.3.91.4, if the files were not corrupted when you tried it today then it means they found the problem, but for now they have just re-routed the data from affected servers to another ones by updating DNS, so are the files corrupted from " 23.3.91.4" ?

Anykeyer
03-05-2015, 09:52 AM
Tested it today. Files werent corrupt. So one month later same IP were moved from Amsterdam to US (I didnt even know its possible to move IP like that) and now that problem should be fixed from user's persperctive.

YazX_
03-05-2015, 01:02 PM
Tested it today. Files werent corrupt. So one month later same IP were moved from Amsterdam to US (I didnt even know its possible to move IP like that) and now that problem should be fixed from user's persperctive.

Great thanks for the info man.