PDA

View Full Version : How much would you rate this game IF it would have a clean release? (0-10)

guest-OMuhxpoM
02-02-2015, 02:08 AM
And with clean release I mean a release without all those major graphical bugs and perfomance issues, just a normal release like previous AC's have been.

I created this poll because honestly due to all the problems this game has my interest for it got really low... but now that it's playable and after exploring things and taking a good look at the game as a whole, it's actually a pretty good AC if not one of the best... of course the "bad" release that this game had will never be forgotten but still I haven't been excited for an AC game like this in a long time

X_xWolverinEx_X
02-02-2015, 02:10 AM
10/10

The4orTy67
02-02-2015, 02:11 AM
6.5 and that's me being generous/altruistic.

SixKeys
02-02-2015, 02:12 AM
9/10

wvstolzing
02-02-2015, 02:17 AM
Art direction gets a 10 out of 10.

Gameplay: 8/10

And I don't even want to rate the rest.

SixKeys
02-02-2015, 02:20 AM
Actually, I might change my vote to 8/10 due to the unnecessary Initiates/companion app/club competitions crap. Even if the rest of the game ran perfectly, those things are unforgiveable.

Shahkulu101
02-02-2015, 02:20 AM
7/10.

Mission design good, breathtaking city and graphics, mechanics and story not good enough. My rating is low for Unity, even though I think it has better core gameplay than any other AC. The reason for this is that for what they were - cathartic action romps - the previous games were great. Unity is a serious attempt at crafting a serious stealth game, so I judge it on that basis and compare it to other stealth/action games. In that respect, Unity doesn't hold up. Story was nothing special either, and the Initiates/companion app stuff abhorrent.

AtomicQuotient
02-02-2015, 02:28 AM
First time playing AC and I like it .. graphics are first class and there is lots too do. I can't comment on past issues or releases but the game is pretty impressive.

I have only had it freeze or hang a few times, coming from the GTA world where it hands pretty much every 30 minutes to 1 hour (no exaggeration), it's pretty refreshing to see they fixed most of the bugs.

Only game so far that has managed to drag me away from my addiction of GTA, so it has got to be good right ? :)

Found the campaign a little short though.

Fatal-Feit
02-02-2015, 02:53 AM
I'm torn between 7 or 8, which isn't that bad since ACs normally don't get higher than a 6 from me. Its story was enjoyable and the developers did a great job of improving the franchise's 3 core pillars. Not many ACs has done that.

And it's honestly hard to go back and enjoy the old games (AC2-3) because they were so linear and restrictive compared to Unity.

Alphacos007
02-02-2015, 03:00 AM
The art and animations are beautifull, I dare to say it's the best I've seen so far.
But I dislike the story, and all that Companion App stuff really bothers me.

Overall, I'd give it 7/10.

I-Like-Pie45
02-02-2015, 03:39 AM
companion app = big uber ******** 0/10 game

DracoLeviathan
02-02-2015, 03:49 AM
The core mechanics were largely improved over previous titles. The graphics and animations were phenomenal. The crowds were impressive, but lacked a sense of interactability and immersion. I found Arno likable, and I enjoyed his interactions with Elise. The plot was entirely weak and lackluster though. Specifically because it shunned the greater Templars vs Assassins meta story, and the modern day elements were nearly non-existent. Instead, it relied on a petty vengeance story that was neither fully fleshed out nor brought to a satisfying conclusion. It was shorter than I would have liked as well.

The Paris stories and murder mysteries were mostly robust and awesome. The co-op is fun but repetitive, and the armors locked behind a painfully slow multiplayer competition system only serve to exacerbate this. The mobile and browser integration was handled abysmally, and the entire approach was off-putting. Serious design flaws need to be reworked entirely in the inevitable future integration of that kind of companion experience. Overall the experience strays too far from what makes the franchise great, but is nevertheless an enjoyable ride.

7/10.

- A die hard fan of the franchise.

Selian DeSang
02-02-2015, 03:50 AM
i gave it a six out of ten simply because of the companion app(no smart phone), club comps locking out single player gear, and the story was just okay. if i could get all the gear from in game play (not something needing net access or a phone) then this would have had a pretty solid 8

Fatal-Feit
02-02-2015, 05:12 AM
*snip*

Pie, your posts are at 6,666. :eek:

The_Kiwi_
02-02-2015, 09:08 AM
6/10

A clean release can't change the fact that it had horrible story and horrible characters
I give it a 6 because it is a very pretty game and has strong gameplay
Also, the ridiculous amount of crap locked behind apps or websites or silly contests draws it back

VoXngola
02-02-2015, 02:56 PM
4/10. My problem with Unity lies with the game itself, not its disastrous launch.

RinoTheBouncer
02-02-2015, 03:06 PM
Graphics and Art: 9/10
Historical Story: 7/10
Modern Day Story: 2/10
Gameplay: 9/10
Music: 7/10
Animations: 10/10

AtomicQuotient
02-02-2015, 04:09 PM
companion app = big uber ******** 0/10 game

I forgot to mention the companion app which I thought was dumb, I couldn't figure it out, played a few stupid games on the app and gave up, I agree, this was a mess and needed to be reworked and as someone else commented, you shouldn't have to go thru a stupid app to get gear, that's just silly and not well thought out.

Also the mechanics around using guns just didn't seem to work well, kept hoping to bring up my Carbine Rifle and thought I could teach them all a lesson :)

rrebe
02-02-2015, 06:43 PM
I give it a solid 8/10, I really liked the game as a whole but there is still room to improve

BananaBlighter
02-02-2015, 08:04 PM
The game is great after patch 4. I'm not too bothered by the story as some people are and I think in general it was more fun to play with the new mission types. You were no longer controlled so much and the main assassination missions were really great. The only bug I still notice is how the people keep popping in and randomly changing. It's not too noticeable when you're concentrating on something else, but if your just admiring the city (And seriously, Paris looks AMAZING) your eyes really pick it up. Anyway, it's got a tonne of content (Just how I like it) and it's just a really fun game to play. I have other games like Destiny and Shadow of Mordor but I never play them because Unity is just so good! I'm giving this a 9/10 :)

Rafe Harwood
02-02-2015, 08:51 PM
I gave it an overall 9.

But then I didn't get it until just before Christmas so even though hearing about some of the problems, I never experienced half of them.

The graphical glitches always happen. Dead guys half buried or curled up and flopping about. That's more of a 'have a chuckle at this idiot flopping around like a dead fish' than a game breaking thing in my mind. That doesn't stop the fact that they are actually graphical screw ups however.

The combat is broken but playable. It just makes it harder than it should be but that's no bad thing. It is good to have it more difficult after all.

I say I gave it a 9 overall, but that was before I saw Rino break it down. I have to say I pretty much agree with his breakdown of it, even if the animations is actually one of the things that has broken the combat. If they fixed that and had 'break out' animations for when they need to stop an action rather than tie you in to a long sequence of fight animations where you cannot do anything but get shot/hit while they are running and then you can perform your next action, then they too would be pretty darn near top notch.

All in all. I'm darn glad I got the game, but wish there was less emphasis on the whole MP thing. You can't even restart the thing without having to work out where the saves are stored and then trying to delete the saves and hope that all history of your past playthrough has gone.

The apps and external pieces? I like them. A little too much in the way of 'mgb' but, they work well enough and do actually bring a little extra to the game world as it almost exists a bit outside the 'sitting in my favourite chair in front of the big screen' and more to 'oh ****, I have to take care of this in the pub' :)

ARNAXE_DORIAN
02-02-2015, 09:01 PM
this game doesn't reuse enough of CONNOR's animations so 0/10...

SixKeys
02-02-2015, 09:51 PM

So basically, everything else is solid except the modern day story. Judging from many of your other posts, I thought you hated the game.

The_Kiwi_
02-02-2015, 11:33 PM

I believe that's an average of 7.3/10

Green_Reaper
02-03-2015, 04:24 AM
I'd give ACU 7.8/10 if it was free of game breaking bugs on release. I don't expect many AAA titles nowadays to launch without some issues and a day 1 patch. It would have been okay if there were some small bugs and glitches - but that wasn't the case. This game crashed, stuttered, lagged, and simply did not perform as many expected it to on day 1. Huge difference from what I personally experienced with ACIV on launch day.

I'd bump the score further up if they never implemented that annoying app and all those content "locks".

Anykeyer
02-03-2015, 08:52 AM
Dumbed down stealth and combat, short and predictable story, severe lack of variety in side activities...
6/10 at best

aL_____eX
02-03-2015, 05:24 PM
Between 7.5/10 and 8/10. So 7.75/10 :rolleyes:

wildp1tch
02-03-2015, 06:02 PM
I'll just use Rhinos categories. Very convenient.

Historical Story: 6/10
Modern Day Story: 1/10
Animations: 9/10

I went back to a previous release over the weekend, which made me realize how much of a technical improvement Unity really is. Overall average would be 7/10.