PDA

View Full Version : What's Wrong with FB? - Poor Engines Performance on Many Planes!!

XyZspineZyX
09-19-2003, 04:03 PM
I installed the Patch 1.11 full version last night and played online for an hours.

I flew the following aircrafts:

Bf109 G10/G14/K4/ G-6 A/S
FW109 D9/A8
Yak 9K

My observation is that all these a/c have engine over-heating tendency. Bf109 G10/G14/K4/ G-6 are the worst.
Also, all engines made a strange sound (i.e. sign of over-heating), which is quite different from the one in IL-2 Original. I DID NOT feel the "power" and "speed" of the a/cs.

Did I do anything wrong? Can I change the set-up for engine sound and over-heating problems?

FB is supposed to be a better game than the IL-2, isn't it?
Anyway, I'll keep my IL-2 on my computer.

Thanks for your feedback.

XyZspineZyX
09-19-2003, 04:03 PM
I installed the Patch 1.11 full version last night and played online for an hours.

I flew the following aircrafts:

Bf109 G10/G14/K4/ G-6 A/S
FW109 D9/A8
Yak 9K

My observation is that all these a/c have engine over-heating tendency. Bf109 G10/G14/K4/ G-6 are the worst.
Also, all engines made a strange sound (i.e. sign of over-heating), which is quite different from the one in IL-2 Original. I DID NOT feel the "power" and "speed" of the a/cs.

Did I do anything wrong? Can I change the set-up for engine sound and over-heating problems?

FB is supposed to be a better game than the IL-2, isn't it?
Anyway, I'll keep my IL-2 on my computer.

Thanks for your feedback.

XyZspineZyX
09-19-2003, 04:08 PM
How do you know they are wrong? How many hours have you logged in these planes for real?

Wantabe aces /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

<center>http://www.medals.org.uk/united-kingdom/images/uk654.jpg

XyZspineZyX
09-19-2003, 04:44 PM
if you didnt feel the power of the focke wulf than you have no reason to care about playing the game at all, you wouldnt even "feel" the power of 30mm bullets hitting you
/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif
theres no way to change the engine sound, and overheating you can only turn off by realism settings, or if it was a server with complexe engine management, you should take care of your radiator settings

XyZspineZyX
09-19-2003, 05:00 PM
Where do I change the radiator settings? In Hardware Control? How do I know what setting is right for a particular a/c?

I didn't see much information in the FB manual.

Thanks.

XyZspineZyX
09-19-2003, 05:02 PM
h009291 wrote:
- How do you know they are wrong? How many hours have
- you logged in these planes for real?
-
- Wantabe

Where did he say they were wrong? He just posted that they have overheating problems, which is true. The 109 series, especially the models he flew last night, overheat very quickly. And the problem is it has nothing to do with what the gauges tell you. It seems like the "overheat" warning is simply programmed to occur under certain instances independant of what temp. the coolant or oil are. In other words, it's rigged to overheat.

XyZspineZyX
09-19-2003, 05:06 PM
fw190a8 wrote:
- Where do I change the radiator settings? In
- Hardware Control? How do I know what setting is
- right for a particular a/c?
-
- I didn't see much information in the FB manual.
-
- Thanks.
-
-

"R" is the default key of radiator control, there are no settings that are right for a a/c, it depends on the situation you are in. generally open radiators: best cooling but lower speed (use at non-combat level flight,or engine overheating), closed radiators: worst cooling highest speed (dont use it too long)...
you have to figure the details out by yourself

XyZspineZyX
09-20-2003, 03:26 AM
Yes the manual is kind of lacking. I thought they would update it as they patched the game & worked out the CEM stuff.

Personally I try to fly at 70-80% powere & open the radiators asmuch as possible-i think it was normal for 109 pilots to close teh rads just before engaging the enemy.

Altitude & season have an effect too. Another good reason to stay high in a 109.

find your temp gauge of course so you know when your horse is getting tired.

Personally i try to fly at 99% power when fighting & occassionally use 103-5% or so for short periods. I only use 110% as a very last resort as i think of it as 10% beyond the red line. Also the hotter it gets the longer it will take to cool down.

Sometimes if i reduce throttle as soon as the overheat message appears it will return to normal almost immediately.

You might try some squadron sites, they often have good guides & sometimes public forums where you can get some help.

In the mean-time just imagine your a wolf hunting sheep, jog around the flock a bit pick one out & swoop down on him quickly. no point running around at full speed all the time.

Hope this helps if not try a beer, makes me fly better. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

http://idealab.snu.ac.kr/~hobbist/La-5FN/small/La-5FN-06.jpg

XyZspineZyX
09-20-2003, 04:22 AM
With the 109's after patch do this.

Keep the rad at position 8 or full open and keep your throttle around 80%. When you enter combat...close the rad or keep it at position 2 and go to maximum power. Throttle back when you don't need it...but if you are in combat, its probably a good time to pour on the speed.

Just treat it like a very sensitive piece of hardware, stress it only when necessary.

http://freespace.volitionwatch.com/icefire/icefire_tempest.jpg
"Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few." - Winston Churchill

XyZspineZyX
09-20-2003, 05:34 AM
I feel that its better to have planes that overheat than ones that dont.We complain about what we were asking for in sims a while back.Thats the ability to adjust the radiator for overheating engines.From what I gather on here its only a couple of planes that dont overheat and those need to be fixed and just leave the other planes alone.Now of course if a certain plane had excellent cooling performance than it should getsome headroom.

Remember that the pilots back than needed every ounce of performance from their ride in order to stay alives.These planes did overheat or have we forgotten that/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
09-23-2003, 03:28 PM
All this basically means : LEARN CEM