PDA

View Full Version : Zero Instruments

Bikewer
01-19-2004, 10:28 AM
Just recently got 1.21, been spending most of my time in the air in WWII online. Is there a guide to the instruments in the A6M somewhere?

(my Japanese is a little rusty...)

Bikewer
01-19-2004, 10:28 AM
Just recently got 1.21, been spending most of my time in the air in WWII online. Is there a guide to the instruments in the A6M somewhere?

(my Japanese is a little rusty...)

Rajvosa
01-19-2004, 10:37 AM
Just imagine you have just escaped from a POW camp. You've managed to sneak into a airfield and there you've found a fueled and armed Zero. There is no pilot manual in the cockpit, but you are hell bent on getting away... http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Golf GTI Edition 2.0 16v

FI-Aflak
01-19-2004, 11:07 AM
heh. Another argument for the anti-full real people. I don't speak German, but I'm pretty sure that any German Pilot knew enough to at least read his gauges: hence, the speed bar is closer to full real than not having it.

WUAF_Badsight
01-19-2004, 11:21 AM
oh Gawd Aflak dont start with that crap

he wanted guage advice , not realism opinion's

horseback
01-19-2004, 12:11 PM
There was an earlier thread on this subject about two weeks ago. Most of the gauges seem pretty much self explanatory, altho the Zero's fuel tank gauges are hidden on the left side console below the throttle. In the Frank, they're the ones in the lower left corner of the intrument panel, just inside the landing gear indicator lights on the bottom row.

Fortunately, the Japanese did use standard Arabic numerals.

Cheers,

horseback

"Here's your new Mustangs, boys. You can learn to fly'em on the way to the target. Cheers!" -LTCOL Don Blakeslee, 4th FG CO, February 27th, 1944

Bikewer
01-19-2004, 12:43 PM
I remember seeing some footage of Korean-war era pilots test flying a captured MIG. The cockpit had little pieces of tape stuck all over the instrument panels with the labels on them.