PDA

View Full Version : PC still unplayable

softwareninjaNL
02-01-2015, 05:12 PM
Hello,

The fact that the SLI bug is still present in the game amazes me. The game is unplayable for all SLI users at the moment.

Please ubisoft, take responsability for your product and communicate about an upcoming patch 5, fix these bugs.

Yamatsan
02-01-2015, 05:25 PM
Until Patch 5 arrives you could try this temporary fix:

3. SLI Flickering issue:

Current Workaround was found by community member

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/977957-SLI-users-and-patch-1-4?p=10508630&viewfull=1#post10508630

(All credits goes to the ones who found this workaround not myself) as follows:

1. Rename file UbisoftLogo.bk2
2. Rename file pc_TWIMTBP.bk2
3. Go to "en" folder and rename both files there, note if you are playing the game in other language than english, then go to the corresponding folder and rename the files, as an example, if you are playing in german language, the folder name should be "de".

But I agree with you that this issue needs to be fixed.

tcarlisle2012
02-01-2015, 06:38 PM
If you head over to the NVidia forums, you will find that there are a lot of unhappy NVidia customers regarding SLI across a wide spectrum of games. Put more pressure on NVidia is my suggestion -- they own the hardware layer, driver layer, and API layer into their proprietary multi-GPU protocol. I'd hate to see SLI yanked from Ubisoft games because the issues in NVidia's technology is creating too much customer dissatisfaction directed at Ubisoft, and/or too much time/resources dealing with the issues.

Even if it is Ubisoft's fault for somehow not adhering to the best practices that NVidia publishes on how to use the SLI API, it still woudl be in NVidia's best interests to help Ubisoft correct this. I would be running dual GTX-760's but am not wasting my time/money until SLI is not problematic for so many people in so many games.

strigoi1958
02-02-2015, 12:28 AM
If you head over to the NVidia forums, you will find that there are a lot of unhappy NVidia customers regarding SLI across a wide spectrum of games. Put more pressure on NVidia is my suggestion -- they own the hardware layer, driver layer, and API layer into their proprietary multi-GPU protocol. I'd hate to see SLI yanked from Ubisoft games because the issues in NVidia's technology is creating too much customer dissatisfaction directed at Ubisoft, and/or too much time/resources dealing with the issues.

Even if it is Ubisoft's fault for somehow not adhering to the best practices that NVidia publishes on how to use the SLI API, it still woudl be in NVidia's best interests to help Ubisoft correct this. I would be running dual GTX-760's but am not wasting my time/money until SLI is not problematic for so many people in so many games.

^^^ THIS ^^^

Nvidia seems to have a total disregard for people who spend hundreds and sometimes thousands on multi gpu's in their systems... If Nvidia cared about those trying to make high end systems, they would develop a separate driver rather than making the same driver for a gt240 run quad titan z systems at 4k. Sli will die out unless Nvidia pull their finger out soon... As you rightly state, The Geforce forum is full of SLI problems and complaints about a vast number of games and limited support.