PDA

View Full Version : Pissed

StephanieAiken
02-01-2015, 01:55 PM
for the first time, assassin's creed is pissing me off.....i just got to havana in AC4: BF and i think i finally figured out a setup for the graphics so it's not slow and laggy, and now i'm trying to actually do things. i've been trying for half an hour to save these stupid pirates. i keep either falling or getting killed. finally made it without and i try to figure out where they are and i can't see them.....i see a door with a barrel to blow up, so i grab a musket, since i have no gun, and boom! the door remains solid....no pirates to be saved can be seen. then more guards come running and i get slaughtered again.......i can't block a single blow, so they take me out with a bomb and two hits. 5 seconds. wtf!??!! not to mention the story so far is lame....the modern day story where they're making assassin's creed video games in the assassin's creed video game??? so stupid.

YazX_
02-01-2015, 04:02 PM
you need to interact with the hatch not the door to go below deck, if you search youtube typing mission name, there are plenty of walkthroughs to show you exactly how to complete this mission.

TH3R4BB1T
02-01-2015, 04:37 PM
Yazx is right, some pirates or below decks and you had to open a hatch. The start of the story is to introduce you to the game, if you are past that point, you will find out this game is awesome. You can travel by boat to any place you want, the crew sings and you have battles! I am waiting for Rogue to come out, but still love to play BF. But reading your post makes me wonder if you PC has the minimum requirements to play BF, I too had lag, even on the lowest setting, because my PC was way to weak.

jeffies04
02-01-2015, 04:55 PM
Some of the ships have hatches. If you can interact with something it glows/shimmers. Don't forget the ship or ships that are past the one you're going to steal.

StephanieAiken
02-01-2015, 07:45 PM
there was no hatch that i could see. just a bomb cache i could blow up. i tried blowing that up too, but it didn't do anything. i'm not on a ship, i was in a fort. going around to collect the animus data fragments and treasure chests. and there isn't a mission name for me to look up on youtube. i'm just free running through havana and a little thing came up saying to save the pirates. i agree my system isn't the best on games, but it's still really good. i don't know what any of the things mean on graphics cards and stuff. i have a nvidia 5200m, which i have no idea what that means.

TH3R4BB1T
02-01-2015, 07:59 PM
So you game on a laptop? Because m is a mobile card for laptops. And free running, it could be that somewhere is a group of pirates taken prisoner and you have to free them. Mostly it is not at a locked place, it could be you have to find a route to it.

StephanieAiken
02-01-2015, 08:03 PM
yeah, i'm in a fort of some sort.

YazX_
02-01-2015, 10:29 PM
there was no hatch that i could see. just a bomb cache i could blow up. i tried blowing that up too, but it didn't do anything. i'm not on a ship, i was in a fort. going around to collect the animus data fragments and treasure chests. and there isn't a mission name for me to look up on youtube. i'm just free running through havana and a little thing came up saying to save the pirates. i agree my system isn't the best on games, but it's still really good. i don't know what any of the things mean on graphics cards and stuff. i have a nvidia 5200m, which i have no idea what that means.

aha, you mean those side quests that popup while roaming, well all i can say if its fort, as far as i remember, they are down from the rear side of the fort near the sea, however, if you are still early in game, didnt play previous ACs and arent equipped well, dont go near forts. dont worry those side quests will popup in different locations and you will not miss anything by skipping this one.

The game is so beautiful and great, but you need to master combat (which is so easy to do so) and learn how to play it, i'm not sure if you have played previous ACs since the combat system is copy from AC3, just give it a little bit of time until you get a hang of it and you will love it so much.

StephanieAiken
02-01-2015, 10:39 PM
oh yeah. i'm obsessed with AC. my apt is filled with posters of AC, god of war, etc. i just couldn't afford it till now. i didn't like 3 so much and 1 was ok. ezio is my favorite. but yeah, i cannot figure out how to block. in the past it's always been the high profile button. here, i still get hit. so i'm dead really quickly. i push the high profile button and end up running away, not blocking. and when i run away, i usually run into a guard cause that's not what i wanted to do

YazX_
02-01-2015, 10:54 PM
oh yeah. i'm obsessed with AC. my apt is filled with posters of AC, god of war, etc. i just couldn't afford it till now. i didn't like 3 so much and 1 was ok. ezio is my favorite. but yeah, i cannot figure out how to block. in the past it's always been the high profile button. here, i still get hit. so i'm dead really quickly. i push the high profile button and end up running away, not blocking. and when i run away, i usually run into a guard cause that's not what i wanted to do

LOL, yah they changed the combat system in AC3, now you dont have to keep holding the "High Profile" to block, now its instant block, if you are using default key bindings, then whenever a guard strikes at you, press "E" to block , the game will slow down, you can choose the next move to do, if you press "Space" it will disarm the opponent if you have fists, otherwise you will hit him in the guts and keep pressing "LMB" to finish him, if you press "LMB" you will strike back, keep pressing it to kill, then switch to the next target while pressing "LMB" to kill him instantly and so one, this is called chain kills, if you pressed "E" then you will throw the target.

now if someone aims at you with a gun, press "Space" while you are next to any target to make him as a shield, if you pressed "Space" next to a target while no one is aiming at you, you will drag him and open him for getting attacked from behind, note some guards can block this. its simple combat and you can kill 100 targets by chain kills without having a scratch, however, note that some guards need to press specific button when countering them, as an example if you blocked his hit with "E" then pressed "LMB" he might block it, so you need to try "Space", other times you press space to drag an enemy as an example the fat dude who throws grenades, easiest way to kill him is by approaching him and press space, then start striking with "LMB".

StephanieAiken
02-01-2015, 11:04 PM
i can't play on keyboards. i'm playing with my controller. i can use the "b" button to counter, but it doesn't block. you have to hit it just right and they all attack me too fast. if i'm already executing a slash, i don't have time to turn and counter someone else. i liked ezio better where i could just block and then counter and if a second attack came at the same moment, i could block immediately.

All.Names.Taken
02-01-2015, 11:14 PM
..., i'm not sure if you have played previous ACs since the combat system is copy from AC3, just give it a little bit of time until you get a hang of it and you will love it so much.

Yeah, unlike in Unity where they threw away all the fun in swordplay combat and replaced it with a boring, laborious chore to get through. (And to the handful of supporters of the new combat system, no, sorry, contrary to what you claim, it is not any harder at all. Without the combos, all they did was turn it into a long, tedious process.)

StephanieAiken
02-01-2015, 11:21 PM
i haven't had a chance to do unity yet, but i heard you can be more stealthy if you want. i prefer to sneak up and stab you from behind with my hidden blade. then casually saunter away while the crowds start screaming and running in panic. lol.

YazX_
02-01-2015, 11:55 PM
i can't play on keyboards. i'm playing with my controller. i can use the "b" button to counter, but it doesn't block. you have to hit it just right and they all attack me too fast. if i'm already executing a slash, i don't have time to turn and counter someone else. i liked ezio better where i could just block and then counter and if a second attack came at the same moment, i could block immediately.

you dont have to turn around, if any guard is attacking from behind, sides or front, just press "Counter" button, and you will block the attack. the way you play in this game is unlike previous one where you just keep holding "High profile" waiting for them to attack then counter, here its the opposite, you start striking and chain killing, in middle of this, they will attack, once market on their weapon shows, press "B" and you will block it. see this guide:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y57KZf0MapU

i haven't had a chance to do unity yet, but i heard you can be more stealthy if you want. i prefer to sneak up and stab you from behind with my hidden blade. then casually saunter away while the crowds start screaming and running in panic. lol.

yah it has crouch button and combat is really boring, same ported AC1 combat system with too many guards shooting at you, but since you are a fan of stealth, you will love the game so much but make sure you have at least min requirements to run it.

StephanieAiken
02-02-2015, 12:05 AM
thanks. i figured it out. i had to go up to the top of the fort. it was above the room i was in. grr. i miss having the ^ and down arrows to let you know if you were above or below your selection.

as for unity, is there a way i can run a test to see if i meet the requirements? i already purhcased it, but i wanted to play this one before i start unity so as not to miss any story. i'm only missing liberation and rouge now. i don't know what most of those specs mean on the back, but i think i recall once there was a website that tested your graphics drive etc to see if your computer met the min requirements.

YazX_
02-02-2015, 12:11 AM
thanks. i figured it out. i had to go up to the top of the fort. it was above the room i was in. grr. i miss having the ^ and down arrows to let you know if you were above or below your selection.

as for unity, is there a way i can run a test to see if i meet the requirements? i already purhcased it, but i wanted to play this one before i start unity so as not to miss any story. i'm only missing liberation and rouge now. i don't know what most of those specs mean on the back, but i think i recall once there was a website that tested your graphics drive etc to see if your computer met the min requirements.

Glad you figured it out, as for Unity, unfortunately there is no demo so you cannot run a test to check, those websites only speculate and there are too many factors to take into account when gaming on PC, they do comparison by the book which is not accurate, hence to that, i need to know full system specs, graphics and resolution you are playing on to help you out.

StephanieAiken
02-02-2015, 12:24 AM
not sure where to find all that. i know i have a dell latitude e6530. just got a new hard drive from them

YazX_
02-02-2015, 12:34 AM
not sure where to find all that. i know i have a dell latitude e6530. just got a new hard drive from them

Thats enough, Although Ubisoft games dont offficially support laptop video cards but games might run though, but in your case, the graphics card (NVIDIAŽNVS™5200M) is very weak, Unity is very demanding game and people with alot better Desktop PC specs were not able to get smooth experience, so i advise you to get a better PC before playing it since the specs of your laptop is way below min requirements.

YazX_
02-02-2015, 12:35 AM

Thats more than enough, Although Ubisoft games dont offficially support laptop video cards but games might run though, but in your case, the graphics card (NVIDIAŽNVS™5200M) is very weak, Unity is very demanding game and people with alot better Desktop PC specs were not able to get smooth experience, so i advise you to get a better PC before playing it since the specs of your laptop is way below min requirements, or you have to play on very low resolution and graphics settings, game might run but not guaranteed.

StephanieAiken
02-02-2015, 12:45 AM
normally i like to have a copy for my ps3 and for my laptop cause i can play at work. i work nights as a security guard and basically just sit around doing nothing until a car comes up to the gate. i play the really good graphics for my ps3 and just to have something to do at work, i play on my laptop. however, since unity isn't on ps3 yet, i only have it on my laptop and i haven't bought 4 for my ps3 yet. couldn't afford it till now.

YazX_
02-02-2015, 11:12 AM
normally i like to have a copy for my ps3 and for my laptop cause i can play at work. i work nights as a security guard and basically just sit around doing nothing until a car comes up to the gate. i play the really good graphics for my ps3 and just to have something to do at work, i play on my laptop. however, since unity isn't on ps3 yet, i only have it on my laptop and i haven't bought 4 for my ps3 yet. couldn't afford it till now.

i see, please do note that AC:Unity is only next gen, it will not come to PS3/Xbox 360, only XB1, PS4 and PC. however, you could try running it on your laptop but i highly doubt it will run smoothly even on low resolutions.

StephanieAiken
02-02-2015, 11:27 AM
hmm....i could have sworn i saw something saying they were going to port it to ps3 with lower graphics sometime this year.....but i just did a google search and saw something about "comet" for ps3 later this year. hmm...

also turns out since i have a new hard drive, my drivers are out of date so when i get home to a better internet speed, i'm going to update all my drivers. appears i'm missing a graphics card driver update. not sure how much difference that'll make, but it certainly won't hurt.

YazX_
02-02-2015, 12:15 PM
hmm....i could have sworn i saw something saying they were going to port it to ps3 with lower graphics sometime this year.....but i just did a google search and saw something about "comet" for ps3 later this year. hmm...

also turns out since i have a new hard drive, my drivers are out of date so when i get home to a better internet speed, i'm going to update all my drivers. appears i'm missing a graphics card driver update. not sure how much difference that'll make, but it certainly won't hurt.

Comet is the assumed name for AC:Rouge before Ubisoft unveiled it, in early 2014, Ubisoft said there will be two AC games, one for next gen called Unity and another one for old gen consoles but they never revealed the name, so all websites speculated the name is comet, later in 2014, Ubisoft unveiled the game and the name is AC:Rouge.

Anyway, there are no plans for porting Unity to old gen consoles for now, this also applies on porting Rouge to next gen except for PC which will come very soon, should things change then it will be announced on forums and online.