PDA

View Full Version : How do you install the Patch Read Me File Doesnt tell

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 01:39 AM
Anyone know the proper way to install the patch?

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 01:39 AM
Anyone know the proper way to install the patch?

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 01:49 AM
I'm surprised that you are the first to ask this, I had the same problem.

You need to copy the files in the patch into the game directory. I copied all except "il2setup.exe", it's the hardware configuration setup and it does not work as well as the original file, I had to reinstall the game because all my settings got messed up and I could not set them back.

Anyway, I must say that a 40meg patch that does not have an installer is pretty lame. Sure, most of us here can figure it out, but what about the majority of computer users out there who do not know as much as us?

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 01:56 AM
Doesn't have an installer? I winged it by clicking the program "il2patch 11b" then clicking the zip file "il2patch11b" which unzipped right into il2fb directory. Readme's for people who can't get the game to work or have free time. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 02:18 AM
When I double-clicked on the downloaded file, it unzipped directly into FB directory, updating the game but retaining all my old settings. Where did you download from?

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 03:20 AM
yeah same here,mine just unzipped right into fb directory??

After it was refeuled i climbed in.With many manipulations the mechcanics started the turbines.I followed their actions with the greatest of interest.The first one started quite easily.the second caught fire.In no time the whole engine was on fire.Luckily as a fighter pilot i was used to getting quickly out of the cockpit.The fire was quickly put out.The second plane caused no trouble - Adolf Galland (first time in a ME262)