PDA

View Full Version : Fun mission idea that is perfect for AC (very minor DAI spoilers)

Kiltraki
02-01-2015, 03:55 AM
There's a mission in Dragon Age Inquisition, where you have to enter a palace and meet with the empress. You find out just before leaving for the palace though, that an assassin is there and wants to take her our. So you have to go to the palace, act discreet and try find the assassin. You have to eavesdrop on people, find clues hidden around, look for certain environmental cues, coordinate with your companions to see if they have noticed anything etc. It's a really cool mission, and it works perfectly within the AC environment.

Perhaps there is a high ranking person in a aristocratic palace, and a Templar wants to take her our for whatever reason. You have to dress up in a suit and act as discreet as possible, while looking for this assassin. There can perhaps be a 'palace approval' meter, that measures how much people approve of you. So if you're sprinting and jumping and climbimg, people will be a bit wary of you, whereas if you act normally then people won't dash an eye.

It's a very unique mission that I don't think has been done in AC before. If you're wondering about the mission from DAI, here it is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sox7_Pm793Q

Good idea? Any better ideas? Let me know.

phoenix-force411
02-01-2015, 04:19 AM
Personally, they just need a simulation creator where players can create their own kind of levels and share with the community. Creating heists and assassination missions would have helped Unity's longevity. At this very moment, we have A'holes who do not even help their team during the "It Belongs in a Museum," all they do is stand where they are and pretend to be AFK. I say "Oh hell no!" and poison gas them to death.

SirTookTookIII
02-01-2015, 04:35 AM
i like the idea, hopefully not quite as long though. Also at one point i walked onto one of the balconies and heard somebody announcing all of the people at the ball and i got really excited when i heard "Ezio of the Antivan Crows". The Antivan Crows are assassins from Antiva, which im pretty sure is based on certain Italian cities.

Fatal-Feit
02-01-2015, 08:02 AM
Personally, they just need a simulation creator where players can create their own kind of levels and share with the community. Creating heists and assassination missions would have helped Unity's longevity. At this very moment, we have A'holes who do not even help their team during the "It Belongs in a Museum," all they do is stand where they are and pretend to be AFK. I say "Oh hell no!" and poison gas them to death.

LOLOLOL!

Regarding the simulation creator idea, I couldn't agree more. AC and its parkour mechanics are perfect for something like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mg7ZEppcrvo\

But one can only dream, I suppose. :rolleyes:

SixKeys
02-01-2015, 07:12 PM
There's a mission in Dragon Age Inquisition, where you have to enter a palace and meet with the empress. You find out just before leaving for the palace though, that an assassin is there and wants to take her our. So you have to go to the palace, act discreet and try find the assassin. You have to eavesdrop on people, find clues hidden around, look for certain environmental cues, coordinate with your companions to see if they have noticed anything etc.

So basically, AC before they took all the actual intel-gathering away because people complained it was boring.

Farlander1991
02-01-2015, 07:35 PM
So basically, AC before they took all the actual intel-gathering away because people complained it was boring.

To be fair, rarely where the the intel gathered actually mattered, AC1 assassinations worked perfectly as 'assess the situation at hand and act accordingly', without any preplanning really necessary.

Something like ACU's mod missions suits the AC1 assassination mission styles better, and I hope they get to expand on the mod mission concept (with things like separate missions before an assassination modificating the assassination mission parameters)

Xstantin
02-01-2015, 09:49 PM
Speaking about that DAI mission in particular, the approval meter was annoying as hell. Do no want that in AC