PDA

View Full Version : Shocking Customer Service

Harmoniser1978
01-30-2015, 09:21 PM
So my question was

Harmoniser19781/14/2015 4:05:10 PM

SLI still has many game breaking problems so still can't play the game as described by you and Nvidia. Because you have made no attempt to say if your are fixing it, my patience has run out and I'd like to know how to get a refund, and I'm more than happy to give the free game back (The Crew), as I'm still down money on ACU as I was never going to buy the crew anyway, it was just the only game I don't own.

Ubisofts answer which took 15 days:

Mick1/30/2015 7:08:03 PM
Apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

In this instance I would recommend contacting your point of purchase for a refund.

WTF surely ubsoft are the point of purchase since I brought it from uplay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

H0BBS-
01-30-2015, 09:55 PM
Digitalriver.com is the company that you paid for your purchase.

Good luck dealing with them. I went through a similar issue with AC3 (wasn't asking for a refund though) and it was a total pain in the rear.
They are located overseas...

Mr_Shade
01-30-2015, 10:36 PM
HI, Please update your ticket with full purchase details - so order number etc - making it clear it was purchased from Uplay.

There is another patch in the works - which we will announce soon, however I can understand your frustration so suggest you do that.

If you are using two Nvidia 970 - in SLi - there appears to be an issue with memory allocation, that Nvidia are working on a driver to stop the stuttering, from my quick research.

This of course might be some time away - so I suggest updating your ticket and allowing support to deal.

Sorry once again.

Numbtoyou
01-30-2015, 10:48 PM
HI, Please update your ticket with full purchase details - so order number etc - making it clear it was purchased from Uplay.

If you are using two Nvidia 970 - in SLi - there appears to be an issue with memory allocation, that Nvidia are working on a driver to stop the stuttering, from my quick research.

Hahah....oh man Ubi quick to blame anyone else they can. The 3.5GB memory issue is wildly overblown. If you go higher than 3.5 GB of vram, then you can have some issues, but this is HIGHLY unlikely unless you have TONS of AA and or 1440p or higher resolution, as the game has been tested and hovers around 3.3 maxed out.

But the RECOMMENDED specs for this game state a gtx 780, which has only 3 GB of ram. So is UBI saying that you have recommended a card that doesn't have enough VRAM?

This just gets more and more hilarious

Mr_Shade
01-30-2015, 10:50 PM
Hahah....oh man Ubi quick to blame anyone else they can. The 3.5GB memory issue is wildly overblown. If you go higher than 3.5 GB of vram, then you can have some issues, but this is HIGHLY unlikely unless you have TONS of AA and or 1440p or higher resolution, as the game has been tested and hovers around 3.3 maxed out.

But the RECOMMENDED specs for this game state a gtx 780, which has only 3 GB of ram. So is UBI saying that you have recommended a card that doesn't have enough VRAM?

This just gets more and more hilarious
That was not my intention - just a possible reason - since it maybe unrelated to his issue, since I don't know his card ;)

End of the day, he should update his ticket and support can take it from there :)

Numbtoyou
01-30-2015, 11:05 PM
That was not my intention - just a possible reason - since it maybe unrelated to his issue, since I don't know his card ;)

End of the day, he should update his ticket and support can take it from there :)

I agree, sorry my snark probably came off stronger than intended. I literally found it funny, and do appreciate your attempts at helping people anyway you can.

MenteAlina
01-31-2015, 12:52 AM
There is another patch in the works - which we will announce soon, however I can understand your frustration so suggest you do that.

What it means . It will soon be announced ! Day weeks or months ?!

NightmareGK13
01-31-2015, 02:26 AM
That reply made me lose all hope in Ubisoft and the future of the AC series...

wkftherockubi
01-31-2015, 04:04 AM
Thanks for the kind answer Mr Shade. i think your doing a good job :)

similarly
01-31-2015, 06:28 AM
Thanks for the kind answer Mr Shade. i think your doing a good job :)

I was thinking just the same thing. I used to be a Quality Supervisor for billing and customer service for a major phone company. Mr. Shade's got great customer service skills.

Harmoniser1978
02-01-2015, 03:05 PM

This of course might be some time away - so I suggest updating your ticket and allowing support to deal.

Sorry once again.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, but ubisoft really needs to tell us what they are and aren't working on, wasn't that the point of ACU live? Surely they need to learn that we just want to know what your are doing so we can make informed choices. Is it offcial you are working on a new patch, why have you not replied formally to us on ACU live? I have 2x 980s

The guy who wrote back to me from customer services should have offered a much more detailed reply e.g.

Dear x,

I'm sorry to hear you have been having problems with ACU. We are currently working on new patch to address the SLI issues. Once we have further details on the release of the patch we will inform the community, but we expect the patch to be released within the next xxxx. There are a number of fixes you could try in the mean time which may help xxxx

If you would still like to return the game could you send me the details of the purchase and I will direct you to the correct person to process your refund. If it was through Uplay you will need to xxxx

Many Thanks,

Mike

Its so simple! Its so simple! I'll wait to see this new patch before proceeding but do you have an ETA?

Harmoniser1978
02-01-2015, 03:07 PM

Sorry once again.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, but ubisoft really needs to tell us what they are and aren't working on, wasn't that the point of ACU live? Surely they need to learn that we just want to know what your are doing so we can make informed choices. Is it offcial you are working on a new patch, why have you not replied formally to us on ACU live? I have 2x 980s

The guy who wrote back to me from customer services should have offered a much more detailed reply e.g.

Dear x,

I'm sorry to hear you have been having problems with our ACU. We are currently working on new patch to address the SLI issues. Once we have further details on the release of the patch we will inform the community, but we expect the patch to be released within the next xxxx. There are a number of fixes you could try in the mean time which may help xxxx

If you would still like to return the game could you send me the details of the purchase and I will direct you to the correct person to process you refund. If it was through Uplay you will need to xxxx

Many Thanks,

Mike

Its so simple! I'll wait to see this new patch before proceeding but do you have an ETA?

Mr_Shade
02-03-2015, 02:00 PM
No, sorry - we have no news to share at present.

MenteAlina
02-03-2015, 03:23 PM
No, sorry - we have no news to share at present.

Take your time think of something better . We can already hear you over a month

Either we read , work is proceeding or Very Soon

YOU know why admit it more than YOU want

What prevents you from times more than satisfied : " it worked or Very Soon "

I also want to even get an answer at last

What is for you the meaning of Very Soon

Are the days weeks months or even years ?

WE PLAYERS WANT ANSWERS AND NO EXCUSES

Harmoniser1978
02-16-2015, 03:35 PM
So where is this infamous patch 5, did I miss it?

Mr Shade, I expect you are under increasing pressure about the where abouts of any patch that fixes the SLI issues. But you really need to get Yannis Mallat to address this forum and tell us what the hell is going on, its been over two months since patch 4, Nvidia have released 2 driver updates we are still in the same position.

I'm planning to write to this journalists and get him to have a similar conversation with Yannis as he did with Peter Molyneuax http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/02/13/peter-molyneux-interview-godus-reputation-kickstarter/ I don't think you guys have lied, but whats the difference when Ubisoft aren't telling us anything of substance.

ecocrash
02-17-2015, 01:49 PM
So where is this infamous patch 5, did I miss it?

Mr Shade, I expect you are under increasing pressure about the where abouts of any patch that fixes the SLI issues. But you really need to get Yannis Mallat to address this forum and tell us what the hell is going on, its been over two months since patch 4, Nvidia have released 2 driver updates we are still in the same position.

I'm planning to write to this journalists and get him to have a similar conversation with Yannis as he did with Peter Molyneuax http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/02/13/peter-molyneux-interview-godus-reputation-kickstarter/ I don't think you guys have lied, but whats the difference when Ubisoft aren't telling us anything of substance.

The thing is, millions still bought the game and are still doing so, people who post their concerns on the PC focussed media are a minority, though that PC gamer article on Molyneux was devastating and something from which he may not recover, so good idea.

IcarusLSC
02-17-2015, 04:07 PM
I am having troubles too with SLI and have barely played the game since I got it because of this and many other issues. NVidia sucks just as bad as Ubi for help and fixing things like this. I wont buy either again as I've been trying to sort this out for MONTHS now! To late now Ubi and NVidia, screw you as you have me, you'll feel it more with my wallet...

Kame_Man
02-17-2015, 10:51 PM
I am having troubles too with SLI and have barely played the game since I got it because of this and many other issues. NVidia sucks just as bad as Ubi for help and fixing things like this. I wont buy either again as I've been trying to sort this out for MONTHS now! To late now Ubi and NVidia, screw you as you have me, you'll feel it more with my wallet...

Ugh, that's dumb, just stop and think for a second. What do you expect NVIDIA to do fix a game issue?? Maybe they should create patch 5 instead of ubi ??

Harmoniser1978
02-17-2015, 11:44 PM
Ugh, that's dumb, just stop and think for a second. What do you expect NVIDIA to do fix a game issue?? Maybe they should create patch 5 instead of ubi ??

IcarusLSC should be bashing Nvidia as well, they also clearly state on their website ACU works with SLI and make a big thing about how they have worked with ubisoft. Nvidia are as bad at the moment in terms of SLI support with driver updates. Nvidia should remove the SLI rating for the game until it's fixed. Anway my point is that if Nvidia get in bed with ubisoft to show off their hardware they're fair game for criticism.