PDA

View Full Version : Steam Required? Well, that's a waste.

Seluhir
01-30-2015, 06:42 AM
Well I sure hope refunds are possible, because nowhere on the shop page (http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubina/en_CA/pd/ThemeID.8605600/productID.312513600/Might__Magic%C2%AE_Heroes%C2%AE_III_%E2%80%93_HD_E dition.html) does it say that Steam is REQUIRED to run the game. I refuse to use Steam. I want to support you guys, not Valve. I don't want their spyware on my system. I shouldn't need Valve software to run an UBISOFT game. It just makes no sense.

I've been looking forward to this for weeks. I've been excited for it... but the fact that I can't play single player(which is all I want) directly from UPlay or as a standalone software... then you guys have lost any good will that making this gave you. So excited... there goes my 3 day weekend of playing Heroes 3... maybe I'll go download the old version that I bought off GoG ages ago and play that... was hoping for the HD one, but.... I guess the gog version will do.

Also, the false advertising not listing that it's required(it says it is COMPATIBLE with it, but compatible != required)... just horrible. So horrible. If it'd said it was required I would've never bought it to begin with.

ReadyToPlay
02-05-2015, 06:15 PM
You actually prefer UPlay to Steam?? Most people are actually the opposite, you know. Steam is spyware, really? Are you the paranoid Rob Lowe?