PDA

View Full Version : Black Flag question

jamietje
01-30-2015, 03:29 AM
Hey,

So Black Flag is my first game from the series, cant say im loving it very much right now but it was a gift so im giving it a try.
Is there not an option to crouch?

I get spotted so much takes away the fun.
Can't even walk on a freaking roof top or they all go after me and spot me, cause they hear me walk on the roof orso.

Also basically every time im hiding in bushes they see me and I can even assassinate them, how come.
Plus can't i like hide a weapon in a holster instead of having to drop it to use my swords

VoldR
01-30-2015, 07:10 AM
Cutting to the chase as my previous post got lost...

1. Crouching is only available in the next game from urs AC:Unity

2.the AI can barely if not at all hear u, even on rooftops, I've run at them many times even pass behind them and nothing happens. So maybe they're just about to turn when u were running at them.

They can see from distance quite well though.

3. Bushes suppose to be near impossible to be seen even when they face u near it.
Only way they can find u there is if they walk through u by accident or investigating ur last known position.

Assassination in bushes can only be done with fists or hidden blades, not sure what happens if u got swords selected.

4. Only purchased and selected weapons can be holstered. Picked up weapons cant.

wichking
01-30-2015, 10:29 AM
As VoldR said the Ai in black flag is hella dumb and easy. They spot you actually very hard. ofc you can enter rooftops so far as noone sees you. BUt you can check on map where the guards are looking at. Crouching was shown in the E3 gameplay for blackflag but it kinda didnt make to the actual game. [Removed].

YazX_
01-31-2015, 12:18 AM
As VoldR said the Ai in black flag is hella dumb and easy. They spot you actually very hard. ofc you can enter rooftops so far as noone sees you. BUt you can check on map where the guards are looking at. Crouching was shown in the E3 gameplay for blackflag but it kinda didnt make to the actual game. [Removed].

When did they show crouch in E3 for AC4?!?

jamietje
02-01-2015, 11:05 PM
Alright well im getting the hang of it and enjoying it more.
However still the amount of being spotted takes away allot of the fun/

Learning a bit how to hide from em like hanging from rooftops.
But yeah crouch feature would have been nice.

jeffies04
02-01-2015, 11:15 PM
Alright well im getting the hang of it and enjoying it more.
However still the amount of being spotted takes away allot of the fun/

Learning a bit how to hide from em like hanging from rooftops.
But yeah crouch feature would have been nice.

Crouch is, believe it or not, new only as of Unity. It hasn't been in any of the previous versions. You do get used to being stealthy without it, though.

Just remember a few key points. Certain actions within the view of others will also get you caught. For example, if you're hiding in the bushes behind a guard, but in view of one across a courtyard, if you assassinate the closer one the other will probably see this. You need to wait for that guard to turn away or create a distraction somewhere else.

Also remember... In Havana, for example, guards will always get upset with you for being on rooftops. I suppose they figure no good can come from a lurker on the roof and they will come after you. Remember your hiding spots and get far enough away after breaking line of sight during a chase because they'll go into search mode and start looking in bushes and hiding spots.

You will get the hang of it. Stick with it, it was a great game, especially the ships!

VoldR
02-01-2015, 11:19 PM
And if u get into trouble, dun fret. Use smoke bombs to either fight back or run away. :)

strigoi1958
02-02-2015, 11:22 AM
If I remember correctly, he should auto crouch if you enter bushes but other than that, Yaz is right, Unity crouch is the first time a crouch has been a user option.

jamietje
02-02-2015, 08:20 PM
Alright well thank for the tips.
Yes he auto crouches in bushes and such things.

Last question I found some maps and they have coordinates such as 606, 835.
However when I look that up on the map I end up in the water?

jeffies04
02-02-2015, 08:51 PM
It might be a sand bar, tiny little sand island out in the middle of the water. If you haven't revealed that area of the map by taking its fort then it won't show much detail.

OR it might be in an underground cave, which you'll have to do by using the diving bell at the nearest dive site.

wichking
02-04-2015, 12:57 PM
When did they show crouch in E3 for AC4?!?

They showed in E 3 that after entering bushes you remain in crouch until you start to run

YazX_
02-04-2015, 02:08 PM
They showed in E 3 that after entering bushes you remain in crouch until you start to run

i'm going to go with you with this one and ask to provide the video that shows that since i dont recall anything like this, what they showed is you automatically crouching in bushes zones and once you are out you get back to normal state even if you are walking, maybe i dont remember correctly and thats why im asking for the video.

Beschikbaar
02-04-2015, 02:24 PM
i'm going to go with you with this one and ask to provide the video that shows that since i dont recall anything like this, what they showed is you automatically crouching in bushes zones and once you are out you get back to normal state even if you are walking, maybe i dont remember correctly and thats why im asking for the video.

There is no video of thar because that isn't true.

YazX_
02-04-2015, 02:50 PM
There is no video of thar because that isn't true.

i just wanted to make sure since i'm almost positive that they never showed something like that but you know it have been a while back so i might missed some details.

jeffies04
02-05-2015, 07:56 AM
Let's not argue. I remember this video. Edward stayed crouched out of the bushes up the river and up the path.

I queued it up to where he starts stalking: http://youtu.be/A37l-y9WRPg?t=1m28s

They could have just made an invisible "bush zone" for the trailer though. Edward also interacted with the girl on the bench and the guys playing dice, which I was sad was not a game feature.

YazX_
02-05-2015, 10:14 AM
Let's not argue. I remember this video. Edward stayed crouched out of the bushes up the river and up the path.

I queued it up to where he starts stalking: http://youtu.be/A37l-y9WRPg?t=1m28s

They could have just made an invisible "bush zone" for the trailer though. Edward also interacted with the girl on the bench and the guys playing dice, which I was sad was not a game feature.

the link doesnt work, use link or video icon from the editor for it to open/display properly.

wichking
02-05-2015, 11:58 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A37l-y9WRPg&feature=youtu.be&t=1m28s

here is your proof

jeffies04
02-05-2015, 01:17 PM
Sorry about that. Works when I click it, but there it is embedded :)

YazX_
02-05-2015, 01:57 PM
Sorry about that. Works when I click it, but there it is embedded :)

here is your proof

oh this is the first time i've ever noticed this to be honest or maybe i forgot as i said, but if you look closely its not crouch until you run, its like you keep crouching for a very brief period of time when exiting stalking zones, it would have been better if it was implemented like that to be honest so its easier to move from one zone to another without blowing your cover.

wichking
02-05-2015, 02:07 PM
well you can watch the commented edition of this gameplay. Ashraf says that after leaving stalking zones you get that crouching until you end it and to reenable it you need to enter it again. But ubisoft lieks to take away the good stuff. crowd interactions are all removed in black flag aswell.

jamietje
02-05-2015, 06:23 PM
So im doing this mission and it has an object that I can't reach? I belief the mission is called "Unmanned" http://i58.tinypic.com/jb7mmo.jpg Theirs also others on Kingston that I can't reach. I keep jump over them and stuff. I'm thinking I have to do a well timed assassination, but its silly sometimes nobody comes
Did an Assassination in the pic above and it didn't grab the thing.

wichking
02-05-2015, 07:25 PM
you mean the fragment? just jump up and you ll have it

jamietje
02-05-2015, 10:43 PM
you mean the fragment? just jump up and you ll have it

Yeah the fragment thingy.
I can't jump up that's the point.
And if I do he jumps down to his death.

YazX_
02-05-2015, 11:16 PM

you need to jump still, hold "high profile button" then press space without any movement keys to jump at your spot

VoldR
02-06-2015, 04:40 AM

On PC, to jump up on one spot

Hold shift and press space

VoldR
02-06-2015, 04:42 AM
well you can watch the commented edition of this gameplay. Ashraf says that after leaving stalking zones you get that crouching until you end it and to reenable it you need to enter it again. But ubisoft lieks to take away the good stuff. crowd interactions are all removed in black flag aswell.

Even if they didn't take it out, people will later complain its silly, to crouch... find a bush...

Anykeyer
02-06-2015, 08:08 AM
oh this is the first time i've ever noticed this to be honest or maybe i forgot as i said, but if you look closely its not crouch until you run, its like you keep crouching for a very brief period of time when exiting stalking zones, it would have been better if it was implemented like that to be honest so its easier to move from one zone to another without blowing your cover.

They already made it too easy. In AC4 you can enter cover while being in LOS of alerted guards, and they'll lose you.
Every time one group of Ubi devs make AI a little less dumb (AC3) another insists on tweaking it in players favor

VoldR
02-06-2015, 09:20 AM
They already made it too easy. In AC4 you can enter cover while being in LOS of alerted guards, and they'll lose you.
Every time one group of Ubi devs make AI a little less dumb (AC3) another insists on tweaking it in players favor

I can almost, just run through a mission in my first time playing and win without raising an alarm.
:)

jamietje
02-06-2015, 02:12 PM
When was the last time you guys played it doh.
Because If im spotted and I jump into some bushes they always find me.

wichking
02-06-2015, 05:25 PM
you always can jump still just press the free run button and hold space. after you release space he jumps just on the spot

YazX_
02-06-2015, 08:08 PM
When was the last time you guys played it doh.
Because If im spotted and I jump into some bushes they always find me.

you need to break line of sight first before hiding and try to go alittle bit further since if you are too close they will catch you.

wichking
02-06-2015, 11:25 PM
what he says. when you hide you see a yeelow circle on the map. That area guards will cover. Tbh you are the first guy i hear who have difficulties with the ai. Also a big tip if you want to be more of in control of your situation: Use your tools. some berserk darts for distractiion and sleeping darts on the right guards makes the diffrence. most ppl just use swords and hidden blades. even with that you can kill everyone. it is no fun however to play like a one man army. To take away this situation there is a nice cheat engine mod. You can decrease your life up tp 50% or 75%,

jamietje
02-08-2015, 10:28 PM
On PC, to jump up on one spot

Hold shift and press space

That worked thanks and thanks the post above.
However some I still can't access maybe its cause I dont have the rope yet?

http://i57.tinypic.com/2v7xyjo.jpg

what he says. when you hide you see a yeelow circle on the map. That area guards will cover. Tbh you are the first guy i hear who have difficulties with the ai. Also a big tip if you want to be more of in control of your situation: Use your tools. some berserk darts for distractiion and sleeping darts on the right guards makes the diffrence. most ppl just use swords and hidden blades. even with that you can kill everyone. it is no fun however to play like a one man army. To take away this situation there is a nice cheat engine mod. You can decrease your life up tp 50% or 75%,

Well im managing easier now that im used the game, it was my first AC.
The biggest problems with being spotted happen in heavily guarded place like Havana which you end up on the begin and thats a lil silly it should build up.
Becomming smoother and smoother now in killing everyone without being spotted and moving around without being spotted.

VoldR
02-09-2015, 06:36 AM
That worked thanks and thanks the post above.
However some I still can't access maybe its cause I dont have the rope yet?.

Haven't got the rope dart myself and still haven't seen a data fragment I cant get.
Besides, if its anything like AC3 rope darts cant do much in terms of getting u some where as the only motion it does to the character is going straight down from a tree. U can easily do that by dropping.

Why the rope makes u go down a tree?
Get it and find out why. :)

But like I said I'm not sure if its the same as AC3.

jeffies04
02-09-2015, 06:37 AM
Haven't got the rope dart myself and still haven't seen a data fragment I cant get.
Besides, if its anything like AC3 rope darts cant do much in terms of getting u some where as the only motion it does to the character is going straight down from a tree. U can easily do that by dropping.

Why the rope makes u go down a tree?
Get it and find out why. :)

But like I said I'm not sure if its the same as AC3.

That is one of my absolute favorite things to do from the trees.

VoldR
02-09-2015, 07:00 AM
That is one of my absolute favorite things to do from the trees.

One thing I don't like in black flag is the camera angles... Its too close, I cant have a wider view to record the event happening from afar... Its always a close-up.

When I made ezio combat moves videos I can make the blend kills look like ezio is not there but here if I do that, I'll miss out the whole kill animation because of being blocked by walls when I angle it to hide Edward...

jamietje
02-09-2015, 03:07 PM
Well if I try to get the one in the picture above which is in Kingston.
I jump over the item so yeah im clueless.

VoldR
02-09-2015, 03:22 PM
Well if I try to get the one in the picture above which is in Kingston.
I jump over the item so yeah im clueless.
Kingston?

I just cleared that island, no ropes required...

hard to tell with that picture angle... is it above u or below?

only options i see is, either
- Jump on the spot if above
- jump on the building roof top
- drop forward... without hanging on the branch

to do the third, i believe its forward + shift + E