PDA

View Full Version : So....are the dev's busy making a new AC instead of releasing another patch?

King_of_Ricers
01-29-2015, 10:18 PM
That's right, is there another patch coming or not? This game ain't in playable state yet, hell no! In-fact that last patch made the game worse for some users so....what's up?

Mr_Shade
01-29-2015, 10:23 PM
That's right, is there another patch coming or not? This game ain't in playable state yet, hell no! In-fact that last patch made the game worse for some users so....what's up?
Yes, there is another update - details coming soon.

The team are working on the patch and as soon as we have any news to share - it will be posted.

o_sania
01-30-2015, 12:36 AM
I hope devs understand that the trust to their franchise after so terrible fail with assassin unity is so low, that nobody will buy their next assassin same game if they can't do this game playable. Because we know that next same assassin game will use 75% from unity, same terrible fight mechanics that are slow, lug and you kill air instead of NPS. I think all community is disappointing because you sell to us game that need 2 more years to become a game. Hope it's break your greed for money and you stop make same useless assassin every year!

Hope you will understand that we love your assassin franchise,, from assassin 1 to 2 we loved to see how you grown up as a professional. We love your game because it had soul. It was interesting, my first experience when I finished assassin creed 2 was: OH MY GOD! Story was so cool as STAR GATE movie. And after that the more game you do the less story they have, they become like divide piece with no value. To understand this please look again in story mode of your terrible AC UNITY and tell me how many sequence is there in every memory chapter - I will answer for you 2!!!!!! Now look at your assassin creed 1 or 2 game and understand WHY WE SO UPSET!!!!

strigoi1958
01-30-2015, 04:27 AM
I'll buy it 8^) I have really enjoyed the co-op and met some incredibly nice people who are far better AC players than I could ever be

seville57
01-30-2015, 01:36 PM

The team are working on the patch and as soon as we have any news to share - it will be posted.
I hope they have fixed the "Bellec bug" in this patch.

strigoi1958
01-30-2015, 01:41 PM
I hope they have fixed the "Bellec bug" in this patch.

I read there is something which alters the keystroke timing and makes it possible to get through.... i think it was a cheat engine

seville57
01-30-2015, 06:06 PM
I read there is something which alters the keystroke timing and makes it possible to get through.... i think it was a cheat engine Thanks for your help, you're right, but no thank you, I downloaded that and got warnings from my Anti-Malware.

Why should a buyer of a game fix the devs bugs/problems?

I don't get paid to fix their bugs/problems.

I like the game a little bit but it is the wrong company/devs who does this games.

There are almost bugs/problems with ubisoft PC games.

When the DLC "Dead Kings" was released, I was on seq 6 (I think it was), but could not start the DLC from the starting point.

I know where the starting point was/is, I have to delete the save from my HD and start a new game, now I'm om seq 4, mem 1 and can see the starting point as it should.

Great work ubisoft/devs and add a manual save option.

MenteAlina
01-30-2015, 08:53 PM

And how long should we wait? Again a whole month ? Where is satisfied at the problem once clear and honest facts. We are sorry to read Very Soon

Mr_Shade
01-30-2015, 10:39 PM
And how long should we wait? Again a whole month ? Where is satisfied at the problem once clear and honest facts. We are sorry to read Very Soon

That's all I can share at present.

The patch is being worked on, to make sure it addresses as many issues as possible - so I wouldn't like to say a date, until we are 100% sure of hitting it.

Thanks for your understanding.

Pezol
01-30-2015, 10:54 PM
too little too late,
Game has two months if not more. It was released like some kickstarter Day Z.

Kraschman2010
01-31-2015, 01:38 AM
I was able to beat Bellec several times with little difficulty and without any 3rd party hack.

In my case, it wasn't just button mashing that did it, it was a combo of button mashing and joystick movement.

similarly
01-31-2015, 06:29 AM
I was able to beat Bellec several times with little difficulty and without any 3rd party hack.

In my case, it wasn't just button mashing that did it, it was a combo of button mashing and joystick movement.

That's what I did too. Not just mashing the button, but movie forward and to the side a bit.

MenteAlina
01-31-2015, 01:32 PM
That's all I can share at present.

The patch is being worked on, to make sure it addresses as many issues as possible - so I wouldn't like to say a date, until we are 100% sure of hitting it.

Thanks for your understanding.

What they think that after a month without real news. Or ever read the patch comes Very Soon

How far advanced the work on the patch

20 % or 30 % or 50 %

What do you think if we get players in one month still no patch . Whether we are there still be able to apply comprehension

I am a peace-loving man
I also know something needs time
But after a month there has to be some progress
One can say in a news

But how now is the current situation
Is unbearable and unacceptable
What I do not understand until now . Is why we have taken out the DLC . If the main game only has error
And through the DLC , it will only get worse . And why has not the DLC not only brought out with a patch
When this error tainted game I will have no more understanding
As I said, I personally see no improvement in one month

I apologize for this cruel translation

The Google translator is pretty crappy

ecocrash
01-31-2015, 02:32 PM
What they think that after a month without real news. Or ever read the patch comes Very Soon

20 % or 30 % or 50 %

What do you think if we get players in one month still no patch . Whether we are there still be able to apply comprehension

I am a peace-loving man
One can say in a news

What I do not understand until now . Is why we have taken out the DLC . If the main game only has error
And through the DLC , it will only get worse . And why has not the DLC not only brought out with a patch

Like most on here I am angry and frustrated by the incomplete nature of ACU and the obvious fact it was the micro-transanctions, etc, that took precedence, but now Mr Shade has said there is a new patch in the works, then I think we can just accept that and wait for it.

Btw, could I ask MR Shade to pass on the request to the developers/AMD to ensure earlier(but very powerful) cards like the HD6990 are included in any optimisations in the game and drivers.

King_of_Ricers
01-31-2015, 06:09 PM
I read some people writing that this game is simply constructed so poorly from a technical standpoint that to fix its problems they'd have to literally make it from scratch, start coding the game again. Looking at what a mess this is, who knows, maybe it's true. That of course means that it'll probably never be fixed in a reasonable way into a properly working state... :(

Kraschman2010
02-01-2015, 01:02 AM
I work in software development, and trust me, asking for such an update is rarely something they can accommodate.

A complex piece of software like this has so many interconnected little bits and pieces that just trying to fix one issue risks breaking others that were currently working properly. And then it all has to be tested, and if necessary set back to the drawing board for more work.

And that's not even courting the problem with ETAs. You tell people an ETA and for whatever reason it comes late, people are going to be pissed off.

They're pissed off waiting, pissed off at blown ETAs, pissed off pretty much any way you handle it.

They've chosen to not say anything until virtually 100% sure of what they're saying. That's really the only way to do it. And all we can do as customers is live with it. They're never going to please everybody. It just isn't possible, and trying to tends to alienate everybody further.

I'm experiencing the same bugs you are, but the patch will only be ready when they say it's ready.

20 % or 30 % or 50 %

I am a peace-loving man
One can say in a news

similarly
02-01-2015, 01:20 AM
Muvka, I actually doubt that's true. ACU is, for the most part, a great game. However, fixing ALL of the issues will be time-consuming, just because of the size of the game, the number of things that have problems, and the number of variables present in the wide variety of system configurations on which the game is currently played.

I hope, though, that support will continue to try to fix the issues and won't simply give up and move on to the next game.

rocker290
02-01-2015, 06:31 AM
too little too late,
Game has two months if not more. It was released like some kickstarter Day Z.

i agree i am severely disappointed this has me thinking and doing research not before buying games this was a horrible experience i refuse to buy/play EA games anymore i guess im adding UBI to the list I will be sure to spread the word to my fellow pc gamers

rocker290
02-01-2015, 06:34 AM
I work in software development, and trust me, asking for such an update is rarely something they can accommodate.

A complex piece of software like this has so many interconnected little bits and pieces that just trying to fix one issue risks breaking others that were currently working properly. And then it all has to be tested, and if necessary set back to the drawing board for more work.

And that's not even courting the problem with ETAs. You tell people an ETA and for whatever reason it comes late, people are going to be pissed off.

They're pissed off waiting, pissed off at blown ETAs, pissed off pretty much any way you handle it.

They've chosen to not say anything until virtually 100% sure of what they're saying. That's really the only way to do it. And all we can do as customers is live with it. They're never going to please everybody. It just isn't possible, and trying to tends to alienate everybody further.

I'm experiencing the same bugs you are, but the patch will only be ready when they say it's ready.

They should have been "virtually sure" the game was a hot pile of *** before saying here you go.

Did no one think to grab a copy install it at home or grab a console then play it, and realize oh wow this has alot of problems we should push back the release.
I would rather be disappointed at them saying we have having some issues, and are having to push the date back then give us something broken IMO if someone sells you a broken product you should have the option to return,and get money back or get it fixed if you feel like waiting.

MenteAlina
02-01-2015, 08:49 PM

But over a month absolutely nothing to report . As ever satisfied " VERY SOON "

What YOU think that for example in a different game ( Battlefield or CoD) , the same situation as with ACU

What do YOU like the players / Community the DEV's in the air will tear

Since it would be really stressful . Players are net as quiet as here in the forum

But after one month you can expect what

But it can not go on defenitiv

I appreciate it so times a we will get in one month no update

You buy a complete car , too . And do not have to wait to after half a year until the engine gets

And after a development period of 5 years you can expect something better

Please sorry for the bad translation
The Google translator is not the best

Aber über einen Monat absolut nichts zu berichten. Als ständig zusagen " SEHR BALD "

Was meinst DU was zum Beispiel bei einem anderem Spiel (Battlefield oder CoD) die gleiche Situation wie bei ACU

Was meinst DU wie die Spieler / Community die DEV´s in der Luft zerreissen werden

Da würde es so richtig Stress geben. Die Spieler sind net so ruhig wie hier im Forum

Aber nach einen Monat kann man auch was erwarten

Aber so kann es defenitiv nicht weiter gehen

Ich schätze es so mal ein das wir auch in einen Monat kein Update bekommen werden

Du kaufst ja auch ein komplettes Auto. Und musst nicht erst warten das man nach einen halben Jahr erst den Motor bekommt

Und nach einer Entwicklungs Zeit von 5 Jahren kann man was besseres erwarten

Anykeyer
02-02-2015, 01:17 PM
They are making patch 5, testing different builds:
https://steamdb.info/app/289650/history/ (each depot change in tu5 branch means new 1.5 in closed beta)
Just have some patience and give them time. Rushed patch full of glitches is worse than no patch at all.

MenteAlina
02-03-2015, 01:39 AM
https://steamdb.info/app/289650/history/ (each depot change in tu5 branch means new 1.5 in closed beta)
Just have some patience and give them time. Rushed patch full of glitches is worse than no patch at all.

Who have long had enough time . The Quallität their quality control we have seen that in Patch 4

But where I have no understanding. Is that you 're more than a month can not estimate how long it will take time . And any questions dodging . Or always comes with VERY SOON .

What is the meaning UBISOFT VERY SOON

We players want to see results . And not just in a few months

I have no understanding or patience are long more

What do YOU ​​think if something is done in Battlefield or Call of Duty . Both games have , for example, serious mistakes in the game

That I would not even think of .
The community of both games would tear the developers in the air

I find that
Battlefield Community Test Environment more than perfect

They have learned from their mistakes in the past

Mo0rk
02-07-2015, 05:55 PM

You are right of course, no sense in them rushing a patch and botching it. However, ACU is the worst game release from Ubi to date. It is the end of a very long history of this company abusing it's customers and I will not let them rape me any more. I've heard this company tell us they respect us over and over and still we get the kind of trash that should never be released from them. Even their compensations are disingenuous when in order to be compensated you have to give up the right to sue them for their crimes. And make no mistake, they ARE crimes. If you paid me £20,000 for a Rolex and you found it to be a fake, I would have broken the law. Ubi has sold us a product that does not work and even now, months after release, it still does not work properly. Far Cry 4 too, does not run as it should, it is extremely CPU limited where it should not be. I had to disable hyper-threading on my hexa core i7 to get acceptable framerates. Why should I have to do that?? Why wasn't it tested and fixed before release??? Again, this still has not been fixed.

I will play this game once it is patched to an acceptable level and after that, I'm turning my back on Ubisoft for good. I know Ubi have some good ideas for games but I cannot support them any more. If they won't respect me, I won't respect them. And I certainly will not finance their terrible, selfish, business practices.

strigoi1958
02-07-2015, 08:13 PM
I don't care if they respect me or not... they are vendors and I'm a customer... if they make things I want I'll buy them. The game has worked from day 1 for me, it has some minor things that some people cannot put into perspective, but it is not a fake £20,000 rolex...

I paid £25 for it and they gave me £15 worth of DLC free that I didn't even ask for.... so the game "technically" cost me £10 and I've had 400 hours gaming from it... I don't know where else I can get that much entertainment at such a small price.

Also I have met some really cool people from all around the world :D

FC4 was fantastic... not quite as good as FC3 but again no problems for me.

There are thousands of different PC configurations and the problem is further compounded by a vast number of software conflicts and internet connections and their own problems with port forwarding and strict nat type..... and if a game was tested on every one of them then all our systems would be obsolete by the time the game released.

The problem with Hexa core and Octa core pc's is that game manufacturers and gamers have not jumped across from quad core... the number of games that can use 6 and 8 cores to any significant degree are just a few.... I posted a link on another thread that found maybe 8 games and the differences were nothing... they also tested with HT on and off and again just a few games were better, more were worse and others made little to no difference.
So if you were lead to believe that a 6 or 8 core cpu was going to make a world of difference in gaming then you were told wrong... it might happen in the future but at present I think not.

If enough gamers or game makers make the jump from duo core or quad core to 6 or 8 core then the other will follow.

All.Names.Taken
02-07-2015, 09:38 PM
I don't care if they respect me or not... they are vendors and I'm a customer... if they make things I want I'll buy them. The game has worked from day 1 for me, it has some minor things that some people cannot put into perspective, but it is not a fake £20,000 rolex...

I paid £25 for it and they gave me £15 worth of DLC free that I didn't even ask for.... so the game "technically" cost me £10 and I've had 400 hours gaming from it... I don't know where else I can get that much entertainment at such a small price.

Also I have met some really cool people from all around the world :D

FC4 was fantastic... not quite as good as FC3 but again no problems for me.

So, in other words, "Works for me! Sucks to be you!"

strigoi1958
02-07-2015, 10:10 PM
So, in other words, "Works for me! Sucks to be you!"

How's that "not wanting to argue with strangers online" thing going for you ? ;)

As you can see the game doesn't work 100% for me but if you look at Mo0rk's profile and his forum posts, you'll see his main problem is he believes because he has an expensive system, that entitles him to run this game at a constant 60 FPS and if it doesn't then the game is as bad as spending £20,000 on a fake watch... like you I've been around a long time in gaming (31 years for me) and that stops me getting upset over trivialities, and I don't see the comparison between a £20,000 fake and a some bugs in a game (but then I work in a hospital and I see REAL problems). As long as the game runs, and there is an immense (maybe too much) amount of things to do.... what does it matter if it is 40 or 60 fps...

He's a customer the same as us and he can choose to boycott Ubi, he says Ubi has been bad before but he has chosen to buy from them still.

more like... works 95% for 95% of the people who do not have unrealistic expectations.

this might be interesting to Mo0rk http://www.dsogaming.com/editorial/report-despite-claims-most-pc-games-are-still-unable-to-take-advantage-of-more-than-4-cpu-cores/ also checking out the geforce forum you will see SLI has been a pain for many people in many games for ages.

similarly
02-08-2015, 02:03 AM
My advice to Ubisoft might be to NOT try to fix everything in ONE patch. I'm kinda holding off on playing more (partly because I've finished the good stuff, and partly because I can't play the Dead Kings weapons until they fix it) but I'm getting a LITTLE tired of waiting.

I think Unity is a great game, but before I slap down money on Rogue, I'd like some assurance that they'll support their products. If and when we get Patch 5, if it works, I might be tempted to buy Rogue.

Kinslink
02-08-2015, 05:34 AM
can you work on the "unable to attack" glitch ? please ?
the flame that originally i had when playing the game is dead...
now i only want to complete the game and store it nicely.

Kinslink
02-08-2015, 05:37 AM
i don't want to wait another 5 patches to play rogue,
if i were you, i'll wait and see the ACTUAL gameplay and ACTUAL review of the game.

buying AC unity right after the lauch was the biggest regret in my gaming experience.

All.Names.Taken
02-08-2015, 08:56 AM
How's that "not wanting to argue with strangers online" thing going for you ? http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20130918.419/images/smilies/wink.png

Exactly how I am arguing with you?

strigoi1958
02-08-2015, 11:51 AM
Oh go on.... I'll play along... When did I say you were arguing with me ?

RVSage
02-08-2015, 06:07 PM
Oh go on.... I'll play along... When did I say you were arguing with me ?
You are wasting you time mate... They won't stop complaining.. I had zero problems.. Since day 1 as well.. Barring some minor bugs... It ways playable finished bellec flight playing through thrice.. Without mashing buttons... Half the problems and complains are due to lack of configuration and other problems with individual machines.. People never learn.. No use even posting to these people.. I gave up putting sense to them long ago.. People want games to improve but do not want their own rig to improve..

joelsantos24
02-08-2015, 06:28 PM

I haven't had many errors throughout the game, but the weapons' glitch is just nonsensical. Basically, I cannot retain any weapon that I buy, because after I change weapons, these will go listed as buyable again. Not to mention the Sword of Eden error: we're given the sword as a reward for the completion of the story, but once again, if you change to another weapon, it's unequipable.

similarly
02-09-2015, 01:01 AM
I've had very few problems.

1. The Bellec fight was glitched at first, but I found if I press W and sometimes A or D and NOT simply E, I could get past it easily.
2. I've gotten caught up in some corners once in a while, but always managed to get free.
3. In one of the rifts, I ran off the top of a tank and got stuck in mid-air. I had to reload. But it's one of only maybe 3 times I had to reload because of a bug.
4. I've had some minor glitches in missions that had to be reloaded. For example, in the women's march, a couple of times they'd just stop walking and I couldn't get them to go again.

The only bug I haven't been able to get past yet is that I can't equip the Dead Kings weapons. It's a shame because they're great fun.

Here's what I'd love to see:
Ubisoft, you know what would make me REALLY happy? Patch 5, fix the Dead Kings weapons. I'll be happy. Unlock the Altair outfit so I don't have to grind away in rift missions and it'll be like icing on the cake. Give us a free legendary belt that (among other things) holds more ammo for the guillotine guns, and I'll have no more reservations about pre-ordering those other awesome games that I really do want, but am a little skittish about ordering right now. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, it's true: I can be bought with a patch and a belt. Lol.