PDA

View Full Version : Should the hoods be finally removed?

dimbismp
01-29-2015, 05:36 PM
Hi there
Why are the assassins wearing hoods?The first and really minor reason is to hide their identity.The major reason though,is to blend easily in the crowd,find and kill their target and finally escape easily the area.And why is that?Because,initially,many people were wearing hoods,so it was easy to mistake the assassin for a normal citizen.(wearing hoods to show the Templars who killed them is not an important reason.I mean if someone stab a Templar in the chest he will suspect that it was an assassin)

So,in AC it was completely normal and logical to wear hoods.There were many monks in the Holy land,while many people also wore hoods to protect themselves from the sun,or maybe for cultular reasons.So that's the reason why the assassins decided to use hooded robes,not because it was cool or something.

Then,in the Ezio trilogy,the time period is really at the edge.There were still some monks,but the majority of people didn't wear anything,or used a hat.So,IMO Ubi should have dropped the hoods right then,but as i said the time period was barely acceptable,so anyway.
But,as we were moving forward in time,wearing hoods has become hilarious.There was literally none wearing hoods in the American and French Revolution.Also,a pirate wearing a hood?Riiiight....

Actually,the hoods should normally give the Assassins an extreme disadvantage!
I mean,let's suppose you are a Templar and you are having an important meeting in town.You know this meeting may turn to be dangerous for your life,so you warn the guards to immediately arrest/kill any man wearing a hood.So what should normaly have happened ingame?The moment a guard sees you,he immediately becomes "red" and raises an alarm.Like having the complete city in a restricted zone.But,what really happens is that the guards do not care about the hood.

Also,it is ridiculous that many hooded men come out of ,for example,Saint Chapelle or Isola Tiberina(?) or that church near Galata tower,but the Templars haven't found where the assassin HQ is yet.Even a 5-year old would have realised that their hideout is near those places.

In conclusion,what do you think should happen with hoods?Reaching the late 19th century it hilarious to use a hood to blend with the crowd.(the rumored "top hat" solution doesn't solve much,because the assassin is still wearing odd,for the time period,robes).Should there be an automatical on/off solution?
Do you think that finally we will get relistic outfit(s) for the time period?

m4r-k7
01-29-2015, 05:39 PM
I dont even care how realistic it is anymore. I just want it to stay because it looks badass. We all know that Assassin robes look out of place but at the end of the day they are so awesome and iconic. A toggle would be awesome, but if thats not possible I want it to stay. Its like the hidden blade...if they removed that I would cry

dimbismp
01-29-2015, 05:44 PM
I dont even care how realistic it is anymore. I just want it to stay because it looks badass. We all know that Assassin robes look out of place but at the end of the day they are so awesome and iconic. A toggle would be awesome, but if thats not possible I want it to stay. Its like the hidden blade...if they removed that I would cry
You have a point...At least they should make a more fitting outfit,instead of the leaked one.(that was a placeholder probably,but anyway)

m4r-k7
01-29-2015, 05:49 PM
You have a point...At least they should make a more fitting outfit,instead of the leaked one.(that was a placeholder probably,but anyway)

Yup that outfit is disgusting, I hope its just a placeholder one.

SixKeys
01-29-2015, 05:56 PM
It depends on the place and time period. The closer we get to modern times, the more ridiculous it looks. They should have removed the hood several games ago (around ACR), but they didn't. By now it's become part of the brand, so removing it is pretty much impossible.

dargor5
01-29-2015, 06:06 PM
It depends on the place and time period. The closer we get to modern times, the more ridiculous it looks. They should have removed the hood several games ago (around ACR), but they didn't. By now it's become part of the brand, so removing it is pretty much impossible.

Actually is the other way around, we are turning more to hoods these days, look at big cities in winter and you can see many people with hoods, even on Victory it makes more sense cause London is a very rainny place and does make sense carrying a trench coat with a hood on many ocassions (although an assassin with umbrella would be hilarious).

FYI I voted no, I would like either to be optional, weather related or as in black flag, to OP pirates did not wear hoods but at least Edward takes it of while not on guarded area

Xstantin
01-29-2015, 06:07 PM
I liked how Unity had ceremonial robes for both Assassins and Templars and it'll be nice imo if the next game keeps it in the same manner. The hood is a given though at least for the box art.

brotersinarms
01-29-2015, 06:34 PM
I agree with the OP. Hoods should've been gone after AC 1 the medieval ages. Running around with Hoods during the American and French Revolutions is ridiculous. Go to Tricorne Hats or no Hood at all.

Perk89
01-29-2015, 06:39 PM
This isn't going to happen so I don't know why the people on this forum and this forum alone are so intent on it.

the hoods are not going anywhere. Ever. It's more likely that they become even more prevalent the closer you get to the modern day given how closely intertwined with our modern world they are.

they are not going anywhere. Cripes people just accept it.

SixKeys
01-29-2015, 06:42 PM
Actually is the other way around, we are turning more to hoods these days, look at big cities in winter and you can see many people with hoods, even on Victory it makes more sense cause London is a very rainny place and does make sense carrying a trench coat with a hood on many ocassions (although an assassin with umbrella would be hilarious).

FYI I voted no, I would like either to be optional, weather related or as in black flag, to OP pirates did not wear hoods but at least Edward takes it of while not on guarded area

Hoodies are something very modern, they've only been popular for maybe 40 years. They weren't in vogue two or three hundreds years ago. Already in the Ezio games (15th century) they felt out of place considering Ezio was the only person in all of Italy to wear a hood.

ze_topazio
01-29-2015, 06:42 PM
Suspension of disbelief, in the AC world hoods are acceptable and nobody sees any major problem with them and it doesn't really look that out of place anyway, I may be wrong but i don't think hoods have ever been a common thing in any society but some people would use them occasionally, so if someone is seen using one most likely nobody would find it that strange and that applies to the Victorian era too.

m4r-k7
01-29-2015, 06:44 PM
Well for Victory we know there are going to be top hats as it was shown in the kotaku pics so just wear that if you don't like hoods :D

brotersinarms
01-29-2015, 06:46 PM
This isn't going to happen so I don't know why the people on this forum and this forum alone are so intent on it.

the hoods are not going anywhere. Ever. It's more likely that they become even more prevalent the closer you get to the modern day given how closely intertwined with our modern world they are.

they are not going anywhere. Cripes people just accept it.

I don't understand. Why is it never gonna happen? It happened on Rogue, and i think its a better game for it. Personally, the DLC that offered real uniforms given the times was a home run. However, that should have been part of the game, not that you had to spend money for it.

However, they should've done that for AC 3 and AC 4 as well, instead of offering an Ezio Uniform in the middle of the Americian Revolution. I mean, they didn't wear hoods, they wore hats in those days. Anyway, at least they fixed it with Rogue.

SixKeys
01-29-2015, 06:47 PM
Well for Victory we know there are going to be top hats as it was shown in the kotaku pics so just wear that if you don't like hoods :D

Believe me, I can't wait to swap out the hood for a top hat and kick Templar *** like a sir.

m4r-k7
01-29-2015, 06:48 PM
Believe me, I can't wait to swap out the hood for a top hat and kick Templar *** like a sir.

Same. I just want a suit with a top hat and a hidden blade :)

SixKeys
01-29-2015, 06:50 PM
I don't understand. Why is it never gonna happen? It happened on Rogue, and i think its a better game for it. Personally, the DLC that offered real uniforms given the times was a home run. However, that should have been part of the game, not that you had to spend money for it.

However, they should've done that for AC 3 and AC 4 as well, instead of offering an Ezio Uniform in the middle of the Americian Revolution. I mean, they didn't wear hoods, they wore hats in those days. Anyway, at least they fixed it with Rogue.

It's not gonna happen because the hood is a part of the brand now. They had a chance to get rid of it after AC2 - the Villa sanctuary is filled with statues of past assassins and only a few of them wore hoods. So we know it's not required. But they made the hood iconic by forcing it into several more games, so now we're stuck with it.

Rogue was an exception because everyone knew from the get-go that the protagonist was a Templar. Even so, the cover art still featured Shay in a hood. That tells you all you need to know about the brand.

SixKeys
01-29-2015, 06:52 PM
Same. I just want a suit with a top hat and a hidden blade :)

With this blasting out of my speakers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwFJfm_g6yQ

ze_topazio
01-29-2015, 06:52 PM

I hope we can acquire a monocle too.

RADAR__4077
01-29-2015, 06:56 PM
If I had my way you could customize your character with a wide selection of hoods and hats, then have a toggle on/off button once you made your selection.

SixKeys
01-29-2015, 06:57 PM
I hope we can acquire a monocle too.

Basically this guy:

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/mediawiki/apis.ign.com/assassins-creed-3/thumb/f/ff/233px-ACIIIMP-Montebank.png/228px-233px-ACIIIMP-Montebank.png

brotersinarms
01-29-2015, 07:02 PM
It's not gonna happen because the hood is a part of the brand now. They had a chance to get rid of it after AC2 - the Villa sanctuary is filled with statues of past assassins and only a few of them wore hoods. So we know it's not required. But they made the hood iconic by forcing it into several more games, so now we're stuck with it.

Rogue was an exception because everyone knew from the get-go that the protagonist was a Templar. Even so, the cover art still featured Shay in a hood. That tells you all you need to know about the brand.

Well i'm not going to be purchasing Victory (i'm not much into the Victorian Era), but i'll tell you, on AC3 is was absolutely ridiculous, standing with these iconic figures, standing out wearing some type of bird suit. It just didn't fit at all.

As far a AC 4, i only bought that knowing i could get the Captain Morgan, and the other outfit with no hood fitting the times. If there was not those options, i probably would not have bought it. So i think it certainly matters to some. However, they can always offer an Outfit with a Hood. They have it on Rogue with a few options. However, unlike Unity, it's not ALL the options. That's crazy.

ze_topazio
01-29-2015, 07:03 PM

Even as an Assassin Shay only put the hood up when on a mission, he usually doesn't wear it outside of missions, the same applies to his comrades and some of them don't use hoods at all.

SixKeys
01-29-2015, 07:05 PM
Well i'm not going to be purchasing Victory (i'm not much into the Victorian Era), but i'll tell you, on AC3 is was absolutely ridiculous, standing with these iconic figures, standing out wearing some type of bird suit. It just didn't fit at all.

As far a AC 4, i only bought that knowing i could get the Captain Morgan, and the other outfit with no hood fitting the times. If there was not those options, i probably would not have bought it. So i think it certainly matters to some. However, they can always offer an Outfit with a Hood. They have it on Rogue with a few options. However, unlike Unity, it's not ALL the options. That's crazy.

Unity allows you to play without hood by wearing the Shay and Bellec outfits.

wvstolzing
01-29-2015, 07:11 PM
ubisoft has a bizarre relationship with this concept of the 'iconic'.

They declared the watchdog guy's outfit 'iconic', *before* the game was released, remember. :rolleyes:

As long as *they* believe that the robes are part of 'brand identity', they'll stay. Hell, the only reason why they're releasing these games as *AC* games, is because they think the 'brand recognition/marketability' is what matters most about them. Hence the increasingly less coherent AC universe.

I personally think that they look ridiculous, and not 'badass' *at all*. Though I'm sure they'll stay. Nevertheless, ACU at least offered one non-hooded Assassin (non Shay) outfit, and I used it exclusively as soon as it became available.

Make it a ceremonial robe or something, if you must, but having the poor guys run around in those bathrobes.... geez.

brotersinarms
01-29-2015, 07:14 PM
Unity allows you to play without hood by wearing the Shay and Bellec outfits.

Well i don't have Unity, but seeing on You Tube, you can only get the Shay Outfit thru the Initiates, which looks to me like its down, and not coming back up. However, if you can get it another way, that's at least something, but most all the options have Hoods from what i saw.

I mean, it is the French Revolution, do they have maybe, i don't know, something a bit wild for those times, like a Tricorne Hat, or soldier uniform or something lol? I mean you just need many more options other than a Hood.

Journey93
01-29-2015, 07:17 PM
No they are iconic I don't care if its realistic or not

SixKeys
01-29-2015, 07:19 PM
Well i don't have Unity, but seeing on You Tube, you can only get the Shay Outfit thru the Initiates, which looks to me like its down, and not coming back up. However, if you can get it another way, that's at least something, but most all the options have Hoods from what i saw.

I mean, it is the French Revolution, do they have maybe, i don't know, something a bit wild for those times, like a Tricorne Hat, or soldier uniform or something lol? I mean you just need many more options other than a Hood.

All Initiates chests are currently unlocked by default until the site comes back (which could be weeks or months from now, or never). So at least there's a way to get the outfit even without Initiates. I agree though, I'm all for more variety in outfits. I loved Ezio's Florence nobleman outfit in ACB and wish there was a way to unlock Arno's pre-Paris stableboy outfit.

brotersinarms
01-29-2015, 07:21 PM
ubisoft has a bizarre relationship with this concept of the 'iconic'.

They declared the watchdog guy's outfit 'iconic', *before* the game was released, remember. :rolleyes:

As long as *they* believe that the robes are part of 'brand identity', they'll stay. Hell, the only reason why they're releasing these games as *AC* games, is because they think the 'brand recognition/marketability' is what matters most about them. Hence the increasingly less coherent AC universe.

I personally think that they look ridiculous, and not 'badass' *at all*. Though I'm sure they'll stay. Nevertheless, ACU at least offered one non-hooded Assassin (non Shay) outfit, and I used it exclusively as soon as it became available.

Make it a ceremonial robe or something, if you must, but having the poor guys run around in those bathrobes.... geez.

Yep. Agreed. AC always seems to miss the mark on Outfits, and i just don't know why. They'll give you a Viking Outfit, a Medieval Knight Outfit, a Shark Outfit, but don't think enough to give you maybe a French Soldier Outfit, or British, Patriot, or just a regular guy given the times outfit. I don't know. Its bizarre lol.

Hrafnagud72
01-29-2015, 08:11 PM
I personally love the hood. Course I wear a **** ton of hoodies with the hood up constantly, so I am partial to it.

But I think it should be optional. People should be able to choose hood, hat, nothing, and when they want it on or off.

emperior
01-29-2015, 08:15 PM
For me, it makes sense. An assassin should be stealthy and part of stealth is not being ever noticed after the job is done. If guards saw Arno's face, he would become wanted all across France and would easily get caught. In fact, Arno usually doesn't wear the hood when with Elise. If he didn't even in mission, he would be dead or in jail the next day.

Also, remember when Connor had hood down at the end of AC3? MANY people complained and they "patched" it. Hood is iconic and badass for many people, they can't take it out.
Though, they can put a toggle button and option to remove it completely from outfits. But it should be standard.

dimbismp
01-29-2015, 08:33 PM
For me, it makes sense. An assassin should be stealthy and part of stealth is not being ever noticed after the job is done. If guards saw Arno's face, he would become wanted all across France and would easily get caught. In fact, Arno usually doesn't wear the hood when with Elise. If he didn't even in mission, he would be dead or in jail the next day.

Also, remember when Connor had hood down at the end of AC3? MANY people complained and they "patched" it. Hood is iconic and badass for many people, they can't take it out.
Though, they can put a toggle button and option to remove it completely from outfits. But it should be standard.

Well that's what i said.That wearing a hood is not stealthy anymore because the assassin can be spotted really easily.

GunnerGalactico
01-29-2015, 08:46 PM
Personally, I really like having the hood. We should just have an option to remove or keep it on. At the same time, I really like the idea of using tri-corn or top hats. It would be kinda nice to have a choice between either of them.

Hans684
01-29-2015, 08:50 PM
Just make it fit the time and have hoods as an option(like Liberation) unless hoods fit the time.

MenocidiX
01-29-2015, 09:46 PM
Just give us an option to toggle on/off, hold a button or something. That simple, everybody's happy then.

DumbGamerTag94
01-29-2015, 09:56 PM
The hood will just look stupid in 1870s/1880s London. It already looked ridiculous in AC3, and ACU. Edward got away with it in AC4 because 1: he's a pirate and does what he wants. And 2: he doesn't even wear it half of the time

Fatal-Feit
01-29-2015, 10:00 PM

What she said.

I don't mind the hood, they're cool, but I'd like them to mix it up sometimes. Something that made the 18th century saga unique was that some of the characters didn't have hoods and it wasn't worn 24/7.

With Victory, I'd love to see more customization options without hoods. You know, like some top hats. :p

phoenix-force411
01-29-2015, 10:01 PM
Too iconic and should stay while being optional to remove through customization. If you played ACIII pre-patched, you'd know the pain of not having the hoody on.

Shahkulu101
01-29-2015, 10:24 PM
I think the hoods and Assassin's robe look awesome, but they do look out of place. I'd have no problem with their removal, but that's not going to happen because it's far too iconic and part of the brand now. The best compromise would be to give us a good selection of outfits that are hood-free, not just a few unlockable outfits but a decent selection of stuff we can buy. An even split between hooded grabs and normal clothing.

Pandassin
01-29-2015, 10:30 PM
I don't care if the hood looks out of place, these games would just be wrong without it. An option through customization or a hood toggle button would be best, there's times when I do and don't want to wear a hood depending on what I'm doing (I'm immersive like that :P)

Let's be honest, the hoods do look awesome.

Namikaze_17
01-29-2015, 10:34 PM
I don't know why people care about the hoods...

The fact they carry 1276284383398822236 amount of weapons and gear is suspicious enough. :rolleyes:

---

I personally don't mind, but I would like the option to have them removed or something.

Maybe no hood increases your chances of getting detected?

And in Victory's case, maybe top hats can be used in some special way?

m4r-k7
01-29-2015, 10:45 PM
And in Victory's case, maybe top hats can be used in some special way?

From the kotaku leaked picture, it told the player to grab a top hat. This might be a disguise in some way which allows the player to walk through crowds less suspiciously perhaps.

Namikaze_17
01-29-2015, 11:39 PM
From the kotaku leaked picture, it told the player to grab a top hat. This might be a disguise in some way which allows the player to walk through crowds less suspiciously perhaps.

I wonder if we'll just simply remove the hood to put on the hat? :p

Oh gosh, what a difference. :rolleyes:

SpiritOfNevaeh
01-30-2015, 12:25 AM
Personally, I think the hood is a prominent symbol of the Assassins.

And I like the hood.

I don't see why they would get rid of them now.

Democrito_71
01-30-2015, 12:37 AM
I think the hoods shouldn't be removed entirely, just make it optional to have the hood put on or off through the customization menu. I also wish Ubi would let us create our own hoods by choosing the hood size, hood forms, fabric materials and such.

SpiritOfNevaeh
01-30-2015, 12:44 AM
I think the hoods shouldn't be removed entirely, just make it optional to have the hood put on or off through the customization menu. I also wish Ubi would let us create our own hoods by choosing the hood size, hood forms, fabric materials and such.

^ Now that would be a cool idea.

Fatal-Feit
01-30-2015, 12:49 AM

Whoa! Slow down. That's NEXT-NEXT-GEN for UBI.

Democrito_71
01-30-2015, 01:20 AM
^ Now that would be a cool idea.

Thank you SpiritOfNevaeh :)

I was mostly disappointed with the hoods in Unity(except for Arnos master Assassin hood)to be honest. Some were too wide, some looked a bit out of place like the medieval hood(those hoods are epic though it's out of place in a 18th parisian setting imo) or others had the wrong sort of fabric so it couldn't match the rests of the outfits. For example combine the Master musketeer hood with Arnos Master Assassin robe. I could see the differences of the Master musketeer hoods bit blank sort of fabric compared to the silk fabric of Arnos Master Assassin robe. That combination didn't look so good so I were thinking "Hey, why not create our own hoods, robes, bracers, pants/boots, choose a huge variation of different fabrics and colors in an outfit creator so we could really create our own Assassins" instead of pick hood 1 and combine it with robe 3, Bracer 7 and pants/boots 13 system in Unity and choose already decided color combinations like in Unity.

Whoa! Slow down. That's NEXT-NEXT-GEN for UBI.

Well I like to think ahead sometimes with my ideas :cool:

DynaRider
01-30-2015, 02:56 AM
If you were an assassin would you really want a hood over your head? It's going to greatly restrict your vision and hearing. You could be walking along with someone right behind you and you would never know they were there. Imagine trying to fight several opponents with a hood flopping around your head and you couldn't see anyone standing to the side or behind. One guy could quickly jump to one side and you would lose sight of him. A hood would just not be a practical item of apparel.

wvstolzing
01-30-2015, 03:01 AM
If you were an assassin would you really want a hood over your head? It's going to greatly restrict your vision and hearing. You could be walking along with someone right behind you and you would never know they were there. Imagine trying to fight several opponents with a hood flopping around your head and you couldn't see anyone standing to the side or behind. One guy could quickly jump to one side and you would lose sight of him. A hood would just not be a practical item of apparel.

That's what Eagle Sense is for.

And it's the Animus anyhow.

Wait, I'm confused....

SixKeys
01-30-2015, 03:10 AM

This has always been my issue as well. Any time anyone does anything AC in live action (cosplay, fan films etc.) the problem with hoods becomes blatantly obvious. It's hard to look cool when your headwear is drooping over your eyes.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/62/Assassins_Creed_II_Ezio_Paris_Manga_9_-Cosplay-_(4338641182).jpg

JustPlainQuirky
01-30-2015, 03:13 AM
If you remove the hood, might as well remove the creed.

Ain't right bruh.

Fatal-Feit
01-30-2015, 03:23 AM
^ Isn't that what they did in Rogue?

JustPlainQuirky
01-30-2015, 03:24 AM
Shay is a templar not an assassin.

he has a hood when he's an assassin.

SixKeys
01-30-2015, 03:28 AM
If you remove the hood, might as well remove the creed.

Ain't right bruh.

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121015232057/assassinscreed/images/3/31/Sanctuary_v.png

Seven master assassins, five without hoods.

JustPlainQuirky
01-30-2015, 03:33 AM
Kill them. Kill them all.

Green_Reaper
01-30-2015, 03:33 AM
This has always been my issue as well. Any time anyone does anything AC in live action (cosplay, fan films etc.) the problem with hoods becomes blatantly obvious. It's hard to look cool when your headwear is drooping over your eyes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93f5Jb0rC9o

^Skip to 1:00. This is one of the best I've seen. The guy is wearing a mask though, so no, it's not that Francisco Randez guy. But that is one realistic looking mask I must say.

Fatal-Feit
01-30-2015, 03:39 AM
http://images-cdn.9gag.com/photo/5734613_700b.jpg

SixKeys
01-30-2015, 04:19 AM

^Skip to 1:00. This is one of the best I've seen. The guy is wearing a mask though, so no, it's not that Francisco Randez guy. But that is one realistic looking mask I must say.

That's Rick Boer, one of the best and most famous AC cosplayers out there. He's cosplayed many protagonists at several official events. (I saw him in the flesh as Connor at FirstLook 2012.)

It's a fantastic recreation of the game character for sure, but keep in mind there's often a lot of unnatural wiring going on with those hoods to make them rigid. Even the official Ubisoft film, AC: Lineage, looked pretty ridiculous because they went with a more realistic hood with no wiring:

http://www.mediamikes.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/04/assassins-creed-lineage.jpg

RADAR__4077
01-30-2015, 04:23 AM
I really don't understand why this is a debate.

Some people don't like hoods because they don't think they fit in.
Some don't care and think they are a must have.

Right off the bat give people the ability to choose.

Everyone plays the way they want.
Everyone wins.

VoldR
01-30-2015, 01:35 PM
Make it a choice and have consequence, like Hitman Blood money. How much the world knows his identity is what he allows them to know.

Ureh
01-30-2015, 08:22 PM

I think that's his real face, just has a lot of makeup on.

SixKeys
01-30-2015, 10:09 PM
I think that's his real face, just has a lot of makeup on.

Nope, it's a mask. IIRC he made a cast of his own face and then painted the make-up on top of it.

Megas_Doux
01-30-2015, 11:36 PM
Manual on/off.......

If Ubi removes the hood, no matter how dumb the hood looks on the setting, the hell will break loose for them.

m4r-k7
01-30-2015, 11:53 PM
Manual on/off.......

If Ubi removes the hood, no matter how dumb the hood looks on the setting, the hell will break loose for them.

Its true, everyone went mental (including me) when they got rid of the hood at the end of AC 3. Connor looked ridiculous without a hood - it just didn't make you feel like an assassin. Maybe it was the haircut though.

SixKeys
01-31-2015, 12:16 AM
I think he's gone off the deep end, guys.

RinoTheBouncer
01-31-2015, 01:05 PM
Well it would be good if there's always an option to put them on and take them off, without having to look glitchy as hell.

VoldR
01-31-2015, 01:38 PM
Well it would be good if there's always an option to put them on and take them off, without having to look glitchy as hell.
I like when Edward was middle of a counter he pulls his hood on and then make the final blow. :D

The_Kiwi_
01-31-2015, 02:23 PM
I like when Edward was middle of a counter he pulls his hood on and then make the final blow. :D

I talked to UbiGabe about counter kills in AC4 because I've never seen one, he said that they're there but very rare
You are quite lucky to get one
And that particular one sounds awesome

VoldR
01-31-2015, 02:49 PM
I talked to UbiGabe about counter kills in AC4 because I've never seen one, he said that they're there but very rare
You are quite lucky to get one
And that particular one sounds awesome
u can check it out in this vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMZ2jQRKwIY

around 33:10

got dual hoodie action, takes off & then puts back on. :D

EmbodyingSeven5
01-31-2015, 02:52 PM
(although an assassin with umbrella would be hilarious).

Assassinís Creed III: Liberation has the option to fire poison darts from an umbrella in one of the heroineís costumes lol

EmbodyingSeven5
01-31-2015, 02:56 PM

well........the game did have hoods soooo............
and shay was a TEMPLAR soooooooo.......

Fatal-Feit
01-31-2015, 07:33 PM

It's not too late. Holding down the left joystick is still opened.

DemonLord4lf
02-01-2015, 05:11 AM
They should do something like Rouge. Were you enter a restricted area you put the hood up. Otherwise you keep the hood down. Reason being, when your in a restricted area, they're going to attack you, so it would make sense to have a hood up to keep your identity a secret. So when you go outside of the restricted areas, the enemy doesn't know who the offending individual looked like so they wont attack you, since they'll be looking for someone with a hood on.

Private Plasma
02-01-2015, 06:13 AM
There should be a toggle but people die 'cause we assassin's look good in AC

dimbismp
02-01-2015, 12:22 PM
Actually i would be really happy if the customisation was like this(no coat,coat,coat and hood):
http://th03.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/f/2014/081/d/f/dfd38f4739f746220dd34415b000d481-d7b6brd.jpg
(Aloso assassin at his forties!!)
But this is fan art,so...

SixKeys
02-01-2015, 07:09 PM
They should do something like Rouge. Were you enter a restricted area you put the hood up. Otherwise you keep the hood down. Reason being, when your in a restricted area, they're going to attack you, so it would make sense to have a hood up to keep your identity a secret. So when you go outside of the restricted areas, the enemy doesn't know who the offending individual looked like so they wont attack you, since they'll be looking for someone with a hood on.

It actually makes less sense. In restricted areas guards are on high alert, looking for a suspicious man in a hood. Of all places, in a restricted area where guards are told to be extra careful, a hood makes you stand out like a sore thumb. It kinda made sense for Edward because everybody knew his face due to him being a notorious pirate. So hood on or off, he was suspicious either way.

wvstolzing
02-01-2015, 07:18 PM
It's not too late. Holding down the left joystick is still opened.

I think you meant the right stick; holding down the left stick turns the HUD on/off.

DemonLord4lf
02-01-2015, 10:14 PM
It actually makes less sense. In restricted areas guards are on high alert, looking for a suspicious man in a hood. Of all places, in a restricted area where guards are told to be extra careful, a hood makes you stand out like a sore thumb. It kinda made sense for Edward because everybody knew his face due to him being a notorious pirate. So hood on or off, he was suspicious either way.

True, but being in a restricted area is still going to make the guards suspect you. I'm sure the guards know everyone thats suppose to be in there. So if you have a hood over your face they cant go looking for you outside that area, because they'll be looking for a guy with a hood on. They wont know what your face looks like.

SixKeys
02-01-2015, 10:32 PM
True, but being in a restricted area is still going to make the guards suspect you. I'm sure the guards know everyone thats suppose to be in there. So if you have a hood over your face they cant go looking for you outside that area, because they'll be looking for a guy with a hood on. They wont know what your face looks like.

I still want a proper disguise feature in AC. Not the silly insta-morph thing they did in Unity. More like the thing in Liberation with the dressing rooms. You could go into a booth to change outfits to fit in with guards, but your actions would be limited and your disguise wouldn't be 100% foolproof, like the Janissary camp in ACR. I really don't buy this "pull your hood down and you're suddenly invisible" idea anymore, especially in the 18th century and onwards.

DemonLord4lf
02-01-2015, 10:39 PM
I still want a proper disguise feature in AC. Not the silly insta-morph thing they did in Unity. More like the thing in Liberation with the dressing rooms. You could go into a booth to change outfits to fit in with guards, but your actions would be limited and your disguise wouldn't be 100% foolproof, like the Janissary camp in ACR. I really don't buy this "pull your hood down and you're suddenly invisible" idea anymore, especially in the 18th century and onwards.

If they were to do something like Liberation's disguises then i'm all for getting rid of the hoods. It's really unlikely though. As far as making you invisible, i concur, a hood over the face doesn't make you invisible, just harder to see who you really are. So when you're in a restricted area and some guards see you, they wont be able to put up wanted posters for you because they don't know what you look like exactly. They'll still be able to see you and know something is amiss, but outside the restricted area they wouldn't be able to tell you apart from anyone else walking around.

Fatal-Feit
02-01-2015, 11:15 PM
I didn't like the disguise skill in Liberation or Unity. They should incorporate something that's been done so many times in the campaigns. Discreetly kill/knockout a target and use their outfit. It's been present in AC2, B, R, 3, 4, RO, and somewhat Unity. You'd think they'd make it happen by now.

I think you meant the right stick; holding down the left stick turns the HUD on/off.

Ah, yep!

DemonLord4lf
02-01-2015, 11:19 PM
I didn't like the disguise skill in Liberation or Unity. They should incorporate something that's been done so many times in the campaigns. Discreetly kill/knockout a target and use their outfit. It's been present in AC2, B, R, 3, 4, RO, and somewhat Unity. You'd think they'd make it happen by now.

Ah, yep!

Yea thats what i was thinking of, but only Liberation was coming to mind. Thanks for clearing that up for me :)

VoldR
02-01-2015, 11:26 PM
I think its more for Notoriety to avoid his face being known, better a suspicious person then he's actual identity...

As merely tearing down papers or killing witnesses or bribing, won't erase every single person in the world's memories of what they saw on the wanted papers.

That's what i like about Hitman: Bloodmoney
The news reports his identity in various ways
He's gender
Hair
Type of weapon used / poison

whether or not its an accident...

Once any of his identity is known, it sticks.
When they know its a guy, every other news will say "He"

SixKeys
02-02-2015, 02:17 AM
What I hate is that even if there are other civilians in the restricted area, somehow I'm the only one singled out. Sometimes you have a steady stream of people all passing through the same gate without problems, but as soon as they see me, the hooded man, I'm immediately a suspect. That should clue the assassins in that maybe being the only person in the city wearing a hood isn't the brightest idea. They either need to make more NPCs wearing hoods (monks, beggars etc.) or make the hood contextual in the sense that wearing it in an area with no other hooded civilians makes you more suspicious.

DemonLord4lf
02-02-2015, 02:19 AM
What I hate is that even if there are other civilians in the restricted area, somehow I'm the only one singled out. Sometimes you have a steady stream of people all passing through the same gate without problems, but as soon as they see me, the hooded man, I'm immediately a suspect. That should clue the assassins in that maybe being the only person in the city wearing a hood isn't the brightest idea. They either need to make more NPCs wearing hoods (monks, beggars etc.) or make the hood contextual in the sense that wearing it in an area with no other hooded civilians makes you more suspicious.

That did always annoy me too. They should make it so only a few civilians can get in. That way it can be only those that are suppose to be there, i.e. workers, will be around.

SixKeys
02-02-2015, 02:23 AM
That did always annoy me too. They should make it so only a few civilians can get in. That way it can be only those that are suppose to be there, i.e. workers, will be around.

I really liked Liberation's approach, it's a shame they didn't do more with it. In that game, you could disguise yourself as a worker to get into restricted areas more easily. You were still being watched and any suspicious action would draw attention, but you could move between sweepers or crate carriers and act like them to blend in. That's what we need.

DemonLord4lf
02-02-2015, 02:27 AM
I really liked Liberation's approach, it's a shame they didn't do more with it. In that game, you could disguise yourself as a worker to get into restricted areas more easily. You were still being watched and any suspicious action would draw attention, but you could move between sweepers or crate carriers and act like them to blend in. That's what we need.

That would make stealth a whole lot more fun :D

wvstolzing
02-02-2015, 02:49 AM
About civilians in 'restricted areas' -- perhaps the most hilarious example is Topkapi Palace in ACR; I really don't think groups of dancers would be allowed inside that place.

SixKeys
02-02-2015, 05:01 AM
About civilians in 'restricted areas' -- perhaps the most hilarious example is Topkapi Palace in ACR; I really don't think groups of dancers would be allowed inside that place.

Why not? Isn't there a party mission that takes place there?

DemonLord4lf
02-02-2015, 05:01 AM

I was thinking the same thing too

wvstolzing
02-02-2015, 06:08 AM

There are dancers and other civilians at other times as well.

ARNAXE_DORIAN
02-02-2015, 09:04 PM
SMH...

CONNOR had very sexy mohawk but casul fans couldn't take it.

VoldR
02-02-2015, 11:33 PM

Ah, yep!

Like Hitman. :D

Strangely its more possible for a female to dress in a male disguise "Mr. Kidd" then vise versa.
Hair style must change too.

The_Kiwi_
02-02-2015, 11:38 PM
SMH...

CONNOR had very sexy mohawk but casul fans couldn't take it.

Indeed.