PDA

View Full Version : ACV announcement date speculation

dimbismp
01-29-2015, 05:33 PM
So ACIII was announced at February 15.
ACIV was announced on February 28
ACU was announced on March 21,but i think everyone remembers what was happening back then.If it weren't for the countless false leaks and especially for the Kotaku leak,i guess the announcement would be made around late April to early May.

So,this year the situation is again complicated.Ubi doesn't need to wait,as we already know the setting and some other minor stuff.Also,Victory will most likely use most Unity assets,so this means they won't be as anxious to show their work publicly.

My guess:We get an announcement trailer,cinematic and/or gameplay ,similar to the ACIV ones,on early March.
Then we may get some previews on late March.After that there is complete silence until E3.
Unfortunately though,rumor has it that ACV will be unveiled at E3,which is almost half a year from now!!!PLEASE NO!(source:http://www.loadthegame.com/2015/01/13/assassins-creed-6-leaked-details-suggest/)

On the other hand,though,ACV can be already preordered in AU and ZN,according to the other thread,which means an announcement may be close.
Generally,i feel that the ACV marketing will be similar to the ACIV one.Trying to convince everyone they won't do the same mistakes again and stuff.(Although i don't think they made mistakes in the gameplay department)
What's your guess?

m4r-k7
01-29-2015, 05:38 PM
It will be announced before E3. They need to build up hype before E3. It will probably be announced March or later as they want the criticisms of Unity to die down a little before announcing a new title.

I really do hope Victory is the AC 4 of AC Unity.

dimbismp
01-29-2015, 05:42 PM
We will have to wait and see,but i am really sceptical at the moment.Most people prefer AC4 to AC3 because it has a more refreshing setting,a different protagonist and naval.
On the other hand the only thing that ACV can really improve on IMO is the story(and bugs ofc).Because ACU already had great gameplay and setting.

m4r-k7
01-29-2015, 05:48 PM
On an optimistic level: Im just hopeful as its a new studio who are leading the project and the developers have had ALOT of information regarding the negatives of AC Unity. Due to Ubisofts shares actually falling after Unitys release, I feel Ubisoft will actively be more careful for this release. Also, the kotaku leak mentioned that the game already had an up and running demo which signals that its development might be a bit more stable than Unitys.

dimbismp
02-05-2015, 05:36 PM
Any news on the announcement date?
Give us something Ubi...

BananaBlighter
02-05-2015, 06:58 PM
It will be announced before E3. They need to build up hype before E3. It will probably be announced March or later as they want the criticisms of Unity to die down a little before announcing a new title.

Yeah, I hope so too. I mean, I'm not saying Unity was bad, I thoroughly loved the game, but it had a bit of a dodgy release. However so far, the second game on a new engine has always been the better one. So many people loved AC2 and AC4 as they really improved from the mistakes made in the previous games. Also AC4 brought in something different and fun, trying to be a bit adventurous, which I hope happens again in some way or another in Victory. Now they've got time to work on a story after finishing up all the bugs.

On to the topic about release date, I think soon. I mean, I doubt the Kotaku Victory 'leak' was a leak at all, but Ubi knew they had to do something to get fans interested again after all the problems with Unity. It was just another business decision, especially obvious after the reply. Even so, I'm looking forward to Victory, especially since it's in London.

ze_topazio
02-05-2015, 07:32 PM
UBI was insulted the French Revolution.
I will continue to protest UBI every day every week every month every year.
UBI be remake the ACU!
UBI be change the story of ACU as in the E3 cinematic trailer!!!

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4149/5046091402_029de93f24.jpg

Shahkulu101
02-06-2015, 12:31 AM
Revealed at PAX East, early March.

First trailer at E3. Cookie if I win.

Fatal-Feit
02-06-2015, 12:34 AM
April.

Minsooky
02-06-2015, 06:09 AM
Probably March. I'm really not hyped up for it though.

dimbismp
02-06-2015, 01:28 PM
Most likely a mistake,but:http://www.zam.com/story.html?story=35686

Also,many sites report that the game will be unveiled at E3,but all of them have the same source,which means that the inital rumor may be false.Anyway,i hope it is revealed at PAX east,which is exactly one month away from now.

Shahkulu101
02-06-2015, 01:38 PM
Has to be a mistake. Summer is way too early.

Although getting it in the summer would be nice I suppose. However, I'm not really 'hyped' these days.

dimbismp
02-06-2015, 01:49 PM
Has to be a mistake. Summer is way too early.

Although getting it in the summer would be nice I suppose. However, I'm not really 'hyped' these days.
It is completely logical not to be hyped.We have seen nothing.But i bet that most of us will jump into the hype train when the first trailer appears! ;)

But,even though i want to be hyped,it is really painful to wait for a game for months!Last year i was so hyped that i started the countdown around 110ish days before release!!

m4r-k7
02-06-2015, 02:57 PM
I doubt it will be announced at PAX.

AC games are never announced then, in fact PAX is used as the first closed door demo. I remember with AC 3, PAX was used to demo the game but it was closed doors only so some websites reported what they saw but weren't allowed to show any videos.