PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed Japanese Character names

KrayZee_
01-29-2015, 08:20 AM
If the next Assassin's Creed game comes after Victory takes place in Japan, here are the Japanese names I suggested:

"Suki", a female name (Meaning "loved one; eagle eyed")
"Asuka", a female name (Meaning "to fly and bird")
"Tsubame" a female name (Meaning "swallow (bird)")
Other Japanese names (Whether female or male)

X_xWolverinEx_X
01-29-2015, 09:16 AM
guys your getting ahead of your selves

Ichrukia56
01-29-2015, 09:31 AM
Agreed maybe slow down a bit and play the wait an see game :)

Kiltraki
01-29-2015, 12:43 PM
lol it's almost 2 years since this game will come out. Doesn't help that the Japan setting is still pure speculation at this point.

The_Kiwi_
01-29-2015, 01:38 PM
I like the name Suki, perhaps it's because of The Last Airbender...

But why are your 3 poll choices female names?

Are you assuming that Ubisoft is making a female Japanese character?

This is extremely unlikely, as women in Japanese culture don't do any fighting traditionally

Picking male protagonists has nothing to do with sexism, it just makes sense

Shahkulu101
01-29-2015, 02:02 PM
Senpai Sugoi

dargor5
01-29-2015, 02:16 PM
So no one went for the most obvious and suggested Naruto :p

ze_topazio
01-29-2015, 02:23 PM
Son Goku

KrayZee_
01-29-2015, 02:27 PM
guys your getting ahead of your selves
Of course.

Agreed maybe slow down a bit and play the wait an see game :)
All right then.

lol it's almost 2 years since this game will come out. Doesn't help that the Japan setting is still pure speculation at this point.
Speculation or not, Japan remains as a popular idea to take place.

I like the name Suki, perhaps it's because of The Last Airbender...

But why are your 3 poll choices female names?

Are you assuming that Ubisoft is making a female Japanese character?

This is extremely unlikely, as women in Japanese culture don't do any fighting traditionally

Picking male protagonists has nothing to do with sexism, it just makes sense
To be fair, I immediately went to Google. I looked up Japanese names, and those are the first 3 names I found that relates to birds and eagles. I'm not assuming Ubisoft should be making a female character playable, but the idea is there to present itself. It may be extremely unlikely, but the playable character could be like Mulan, except as Japanese.

"Hiroto", a male name meaning "large, great" or "command, esteem" combined with "soar, fly".

I didn't even mention a thing about sexism. I just didn't find a Japanese male name while creating the poll at the time.

The_Kiwi_
01-29-2015, 02:49 PM
To be fair, I immediately went to Google. I looked up Japanese names, and those are the first 3 names I found that relates to birds and eagles. I'm not assuming Ubisoft should be making a female character playable, but the idea is there to present itself. It may be extremely unlikely, but the playable character could be like Mulan, except as Japanese.

"Hiroto", a male name meaning "large, great" or "command, esteem" combined with "soar, fly".

I didn't even mention a thing about sexism. I just didn't find a Japanese male name while creating the poll at the time.

In that case, I apologise for my assumption

ze_topazio
01-29-2015, 02:52 PM
Eagle in Japanese is Washi

and you can have names like Washimaru.

There's Taka which means hawk and there's lots of names using that word.

Takanashi, Takayuki, Takamaru, etc...

And that's all I know.

Namikaze_17
01-29-2015, 03:34 PM
Hanzo. :rolleyes:

SixKeys
01-29-2015, 05:59 PM
Isn't the meaning of Japanese words highly dependent on spelling? I'm thinking of the anime Death Note where characters had to spell out their names because by swapping a different character the same name could mean something like "moon" or "light". I could be wrong, of course.

m4r-k7
01-29-2015, 06:10 PM
They would probably use Hattori Hanzo from the mobile game

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140822202934/assassinscreed/images/archive/c/c5/20140929030631!ACM-Hattori_Hanzo.png

EDIT:

Or Yamauchi Taka

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20141217134145/assassinscreed/images/thumb/1/18/ACM_Yamauchi_Taka_2.png/250px-ACM_Yamauchi_Taka_2.png