PDA

View Full Version : Preorder bonuses - can I get them back?

moldy_tomato
01-28-2015, 10:36 PM
I lost all my progress in Trials Fusion in the great Uplay save file disaster, which just means that Win8 didn't start due to one of the buggy updates that got a lot of news coverage, and I had to refresh my OS, which somehow deleted all (local) saves on games I had on Uplay. (I had cloud saves disabled due to progress not saving in Trials Evo)

I still have the Rhino helmet in some replays, like in Ski or Ride, but it's no longer an option when customizing the rider.

So any way to get the missing items back?

IImayneII
01-31-2015, 03:19 PM
I lost all my progress in Trials Fusion in the great Uplay save file disaster, which just means that Win8 didn't start due to one of the buggy updates that got a lot of news coverage, and I had to refresh my OS, which somehow deleted all (local) saves on games I had on Uplay. (I had cloud saves disabled due to progress not saving in Trials Evo)

I still have the Rhino helmet in some replays, like in Ski or Ride, but it's no longer an option when customizing the rider.

So any way to get the missing items back?

I'm not sure but maybe you can get them back by using a save file from someone who has them unlocked?

moldy_tomato
02-01-2015, 12:22 PM
I had assumed the it was tied to the Uplay account rather than just the save file.

Maybe I'll try the customer support instead. It just makes me feel so bad to bother them for such a minor issue, since it's just a couple cosmetic in-game items that I might not even use anyway. :(

IImayneII
02-01-2015, 02:12 PM
I'm 99% sure it's tied to the save file because I remember someone transfering one for the same reason and he got the golden bike skin that way. So either look for someone with the same progress/bonusses as you, or if you just want to try my save (I have all skins too except the golden) just let me know.

moldy_tomato
02-01-2015, 04:30 PM
Hey, I'll gladly take you up on your offer. :)
Just one question, does your save have Top Roach cleared? I don't want to risk having unearned achievements unlocked upon switching a save file.
If it does, then I'll just have to grind Rock of Rages with the Roach until it's no longer a problem.

IImayneII
02-01-2015, 05:20 PM
I think I have that one unlocked. But I think achievements only unlock when you trigger them, not just from a save files since they are tied to your uplay account and not in the game itself. Even tough it will probably be tagged as completed in the game.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=06451975160960511152

moldy_tomato
02-01-2015, 05:52 PM
Well, I'm not going to test if that's true or not, but thanks for the save file.

IImayneII
02-01-2015, 08:11 PM
Well, I'm not going to test if that's true or not, but thanks for the save file.

Well since you basically started from scratch, and I assume you kept your achievements, so they aren't linked to a save file. What I meant with tagged as completed ingame was challenges. Somehow I tought they where the same because I tought the achievement was a challenge too.