PDA

View Full Version : bug in AEP missions?

Thunderbolt22
08-22-2004, 12:56 PM
as the title goes...

Just a few hours ago, I quitted an already successful mission after flying six missions in Leningrad nonstop. Just before accessing the debriefing page, the computer suddenly crapped up on me, saying that I'm low on virtual memory and when the debriefing page came on, there's no mission text. I logged out, and then the next time I accessed that file, nothing shows up on the premission page: no map, no mission text. and when I try to fly the mission, there's an error: no map in mission file.

I need help, did i come across a bug? This already happened to me once, but I thought of it as coming from playing too long.

Thunderbolt22
08-22-2004, 12:56 PM
as the title goes...

Just a few hours ago, I quitted an already successful mission after flying six missions in Leningrad nonstop. Just before accessing the debriefing page, the computer suddenly crapped up on me, saying that I'm low on virtual memory and when the debriefing page came on, there's no mission text. I logged out, and then the next time I accessed that file, nothing shows up on the premission page: no map, no mission text. and when I try to fly the mission, there's an error: no map in mission file.

I need help, did i come across a bug? This already happened to me once, but I thought of it as coming from playing too long.

Red Allert
08-24-2004, 01:55 AM
I had the same problem, when I put my new memory
stick to my computer. But when I took the old memory away the problem was fixed.

And it also seems that you have problems with memory, so try to do something to your memory.

Jasko76
08-24-2004, 02:02 AM
It happened to me as well, more than once. I doubt it has anything with memory to do as I've had different rigs since I started playing Il-2... I guess it's just an unpleasant bug in the mission generator.

Is there a cure for this? Once I had scored 421 kills when this happened. It took me months to get there!

Regards,

Jasko
http://www.yumodel.co.yu/history_of_yugoslav_aviation/slike/bf109g6.jpg

I rulez - You not!

Zanusi
08-24-2004, 02:08 PM
Try to increase your page file size to get more virtual memory or the disk that contain the page file is full or low on disk space.

Do the "Low on virtual memory" message always show before it happens? or can it happen any way?

Is it the Windows standard low virtual memory message box or is it an in game message?

I say some one has done an error handler that does't work properly. One of these things that the programer thinks can't happen and of course they do....
I know I have done that to.

But if you can reproduce it ,like it always happen after 8 hours or something, then you can talk bug.

jugent
08-24-2004, 02:59 PM
Blame it on microsoft. It happend sometimes that a program does this, and the next time it doesnt. I had problems with my computer because the computer freeze. Ive installed the latest patch of directX but nothing solved the problem. I was accused of chaeting because I left the server from time to time because of this. And then all of a sudden the freezing disappeared. No one knows why. Run you programs from LINUX. I only use Microsoft products when I have to.
Try to live with it, you wont get the source code as you wont get the A/C or damage profiles from Maddox.