PDA

View Full Version : What if Ubisoft started the DORIAN saga?

Defalt221
01-28-2015, 05:51 PM
Think about it. First the Auditore saga (AC2,Brotherhood and Revelations),then the Kenway saga (AC3,Black Flag and Rogue)
Therefore Dorian saga begins from AC Unity. Like Auditore saga where the father of the family (Giovanni) gets killed by Templars or Kenway saga where (SPOILERS) the father (Edward) gets killed by Templars too, Unity also had a father getting killed off my Templars (Charles Dorian by YOU KNOW WHO). So maybe in Victory you play as a descendent of Arno?

JamesFaith007
01-28-2015, 06:01 PM
After one person trilogy (Ezio) and family trilogy (Kenway) I see as more probable trilogy of 19th century then Dorians one.

Perk89
01-28-2015, 06:02 PM
Eh, probably isn't happening. We may get an AC Chronicles: Egypt with Arno or whatever but it looks like they're probably trying to put Unity behind them.

personally I do hope that Victory does have some tethers to the rest of the AC universe. The Kenways being present or what have you. Unity felt so isolated that it didn't even really feel like a part of the same franchise as times. It may have been refreshing if the story was stronger, but it wasn't and could've used the boost from seeing Marquis De Lafayette (who was living in Paris at that time, no idea why he didn't make an appearance) or, yes, even Connor.

Fatal-Feit
01-28-2015, 06:17 PM
Ubisoft r more creative than that. It probably won't be a ''Dorian'' saga (since the Kenways r already a thing), but it WILL be a saga of some kind.

personally I do hope that Victory does have some tethers to the rest of the AC universe. The Kenways being present or what have you. Unity felt so isolated that it didn't even really feel like a part of the same franchise as times.

Unity had some connections to the Kenway in the novel. I can see them making a return in Victory.

wvstolzing
01-28-2015, 06:33 PM
The Dorians aren't exactly 'saga material'.

If Charles had kept 'the box' a little longer, that may have added a little intrigue into his story; but as soon as he got it, he got jumped by He Who Makes His Own Luck

The 'Juno Saga' is definitely shelved for now; and

by the game's own admission (Bishop's final transmission) the 'Sage Saga' couldn't even get started.

... so I'm not sure where we're standing right now.

VestigialLlama4
01-28-2015, 06:42 PM
Ubisoft r more creative than that.

:rolleyes:

First of all, there was no Auditore Saga...it was always Ezio. We didn't follow up on his descendants or his daughter and son and found out about what happened to them later on. There was no Altair saga either.

The Kenways were the only family story they did (and even there they refused to give it proper closure in ROGUE).

I don't think there's going to be a Dorian saga, because aside from Arno's popularity, UNITY is the story of his romance with Elise. To deal with Arno's future descendants or whatever, they are going to have to portray Arno's second relationship, (either his second love or a one-night-stand with a h--ker who looks like Elise) and they can't extract that much drama coming after a magnetic character like Elise (who is the real hero of UNITY).

Fatal-Feit
01-28-2015, 06:47 PM
:rolleyes:

First of all, there was no Auditore Saga...it was always Ezio. We didn't follow up on his descendants or his daughter and son and found out about what happened to them later on. There was no Altair saga either.

The Kenways were the only family story they did (and even there they refused to give it proper closure in ROGUE).

I don't think there's going to be a Dorian saga, because aside from Arno's popularity, UNITY is the story of his romance with Elise. To deal with Arno's future descendants or whatever, they are going to have to portray Arno's second relationship, (either his second love or a one-night-stand with a h--ker who looks like Elise) and they can't extract that much drama coming after a magnetic character like Elise (who is the real hero of UNITY).

LOLOLOL. Anyway, where exactly is the disagreement?

Ur pointing out why I don't believe there will be a Dorian Saga.

[EDIT] Ah, nvm. Ur responding to OP. I gotchu.

emperior
01-28-2015, 08:22 PM
I think they are doing the "Sages saga" but I hope not if it's not done well and we end up every time getting nothing from it like in Unity, but by looking at what Modern Day has become, Ubisoft might be f¨ckýng up everything for all we know.
They better get on track with Victory or people are going to stop buying their games. Hopefully I'm proven wrong, only time will tell.

Altair1789
01-29-2015, 12:56 AM
I could see the Dorian Saga happening, but not being too successful

I hate the sage/Juno saga though. Desmond saga was better imo
so many sagas

Green_Reaper
01-29-2015, 06:04 AM
I wouldn't mind a Dorian saga. I feel like they could do something with Napoleon playing a much bigger role. ACU Dead Kings kind of left things up in the air, you know?

auditorevita
01-29-2015, 06:35 AM
no need Dorian saga

wvstolzing
01-29-2015, 06:47 AM
Don't know about the Dorian Saga; but here's a bunch of Dorian columns, with Sagat.

Dorian, Sagat.

Close enough.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19784797/doriansagat.jpg

dxsxhxcx
01-29-2015, 11:03 AM
god no...

marvelfannumber
01-29-2015, 11:33 AM
Don't know about the Dorian Saga; but here's a bunch of Dorian columns, with Sagat.

Dorian, Sagat.

Close enough.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19784797/doriansagat.jpg

Ancient Rome/Greece confirmed?

dargor5
01-29-2015, 02:24 PM
I would like a Doiran Saga but I dont see it happening. They will have to come up with some explanations for Dorian descendants which at this point I dont see very possible. Arno was willing to give his life for Elisse so I dont see another relationship as in Ezio case or Edward.

They should however continue the story they started on dead kings, Napoleon was a treasure hunter and assassins trying to stop him is a good plot, he doesnt have to be a templar for once

Journey93
01-29-2015, 07:19 PM
I could see the Dorian Saga happening, but not being too successful

I hate the sage/Juno saga though. Desmond saga was better imo
so many sagas

yeah the Sage Saga (lol) was a waste of time
to OP I really hope that we don't get a Dorian Saga that would be lame
Move on from Arno because he was worthless

aL_____eX
01-29-2015, 07:27 PM
I don't think this will happen. ACU is comparable to ACIII back then. Arno as a character was to polarizing for a saga.

Namikaze_17
01-29-2015, 11:30 PM
I doubt we'll see a Dorian Saga...

But I have the feeling we'll see a Saga of some sort between Arno, Sam, and some other protagonist.

Kinda like Alta´r, Ezio, and Connor. :cool:

Xstantin
01-30-2015, 12:00 AM
I doubt we'll see a Dorian Saga...

But I have the feeling we'll see a Saga of some sort between Arno, Sam, and some other protagonist.

Kinda like Alta´r, Ezio, and Connor. :cool:

Then again, Desmond was a "link" back then. Now it'll need some first civ thingy or the damn box or something to connect the protags (I'm not sure about Sages since Germain's bones sample went nowhere it seems)

Namikaze_17
01-30-2015, 12:16 AM
Then again, Desmond was a "link" back then. Now it'll need some first civ thingy or the damn box or something to connect the protags (I'm not sure about Sages since Germain's bones sample went nowhere it seems)

True, we do need a connection.

I would suggest Galina, but I doubt they're going that route for reasons. :rolleyes:

Fatal-Feit
01-30-2015, 12:44 AM

I suggested those relics from ACR that allowed Ezio to see Altair's memories. I'm still willing to bet that's how they will finish Arno and Napoleon's story in Victory.

wvstolzing
01-30-2015, 01:00 AM
They're purposefully eliminating all 'overarching storylines'.

i) In MD, it's already been done. The Juno arc is shelved -- and whatever 'the initiate' (us) was doing turned out to be pointless. My bet is that it'll be the same way in Victory: We'll be offered a 'window' into some Assassin's life, but 'our work' won't have any kind of big significance for the Assassins. *This* is the new 'MD' -- you the player, get to talk to a cool MD 'Assassin', and go on doing your own 'thing' (i.e., playing a game), and then log out. That's what they meant, when they said that this time we'd *really* be playing 'as ourselves'.

ii) As to the historical adventures, the new approach seems, again, to offer a window into some episode or another of the adventurous life of a past Assassin. That 'episode' will presumably be interesting for 'personal', 'local' reasons, rather than how it 'changed history' -- hence the 'window' we got into Arno's little so-called 'redemption quest'.

Those are radical breaks with the past -- in Desmond's MD, we were 'saving the world'; with Connor we singlehandedly won the war of independence. From ACU onwards, everything will be low-key.

JustPlainQuirky
01-30-2015, 03:17 AM
Lawd no.

Do not want.