PDA

View Full Version : Treat others the way you want to be treated Ubisoft.

LinkAugustus
01-28-2015, 02:33 PM
It is a simple social rule you learn from an early age and a fundamental of living in a healthy society, Treat others the way you want to be treated.

This also aplies to business, a happy customer is a repeat customer and word of mouth is one of the best forms of advertising there is because it's free
and people are much more likely to trust the opinion of family and friends rather than the marketing department.

Be truthfull and upfront with people own your mistakes, people can be very forgiving when they like you, this will also save you a fortune in legal fees.

Don't over hype products or use enhanced screen shots, target renders or live action trailers these create unrealistic expectations of your products
and can only lead to disappointment and anger over being misslead and ultimately in diminishing returns.

Over the past few years i have watched as the quality of Ubisoft products nosedive with yearly release cycles, rushed titles and poor workmanship,
but with the release of Watch Dogs, The Crew and Assassin's Creed Unity quality has hit an all time low and enough is enough.

I feel lied to and tricked by dodgy marketing, spin and the underhanded tactics of a company i once trusted and loved, now i and many others
are being meet by a wall of silence by your support department and even having support tickets closed without a response, this is no way to treat people
especially paying customers.

So as of right now you have lost a once loyal customer i will no longer be buying Ubisoft products or reading your marketing materials or watching trailers
and i will be encouraging others to do the same.

I don't write this out of bitterness and anger but out of the hope that it might be read by someone within Ubisoft who has the power to make some changes
and one day i might be able to return to what was once my favourite games company.

You have treated me badly Ubisoft.

tcarlisle2012
01-28-2015, 07:58 PM
Good post. Sorry the experience was not a good one.

AherasSTRG
01-29-2015, 08:30 PM
They are just informing me from the studio control room that Mr Amancio, Mr Hutchinson, Mr Guillemot, Mr Viard and Mrs Vinyl have acknowledged the error of their ways and have sworn to adopt a more honest marketing plan for their future games.

Wake up, people! Ubisoft's employees get by with stolen money. Disrespect towards their costumers is the only thing they have ever shown and that's how things are. You can't change it with a formal letter of dissatisfaction or anything like that (believe me, I have tried).

King_of_Ricers
01-29-2015, 10:16 PM
They haven't just treated you badly, but all of us. All they see in their eyes is money, they don't care about customer satisfaction these days, which is pity.

OxIdOAC
01-31-2015, 05:20 PM
Nice one...

xChip1998x
01-31-2015, 10:37 PM
They'd feel it if we all stopped buying from them. Unfortunately, not enough people would stop buying their products. They will just keep coming back.

dargor5
02-01-2015, 12:12 AM
They'd feel it if we all stopped buying from them. Unfortunately, not enough people would stop buying their products. They will just keep coming back.

If we stop buying the franchise will die, since we are on the PC section if we stop buying then no more AC for pc and go buy a console if you want to play the other games so this is no good for the consumer either. Stop preordering I would say is the best strategy

similarly
02-01-2015, 01:15 AM
I think the best thing would be to keep trying to communicate with them what we want. Again, presentation is everything. If we put a CAPS LOCKED expletive filled post, it's going to be dismissed as the rantings of a hysteric kid. The OP's post, btw, is awesomely written. Here's my suggestion:

1. submit tickets on the issues and don't let them close the ticket until the issue is addressed
2. bring up issues within the forums so that those with similar issues can get together to look for solutions, but also so that ubisoft (if they're looking) can have some idea of the scale of a problem. In this I think it's better to have ONE thread on an issue rather than many. For example: the bellec fight.
3. post detailed, well-written and well-referenced reviews: on the forums, on metacritic, on youtube. These DO have a cumulative effect.

Dargor5 has a good point. If we just STOP buying, Ubisoft may decide that the franchise has run its course and give up. I wouldn't like to see that happen.

Personally, I loved ACU. I think it's an awesome game and a fun game and a game I can keep going back to. Unfortunately, it has some very large and sometimes game-breaking flaws. As well, ACU needs to step up their customer service a notch. I used to be a quality supervisor at a major phone company. Support's doing an okay job, but could be better. If it were me, I would take a lot of them back for retraining in CS. Mods, especially Mr. Shade, are doing a great job. I'd like to put Mr. Shade in charge of training the CS team.

Ubisoft, however, are stumbling. Management needs to get out of their chairs, get online and start communicating with the fans.

One of THE BEST bosses I ever had was a guy who spent very little time in his office. He got to know the staff. He moved around the office to see what was going on. He communicated with the clients every day. This was a guy who was very aware of how his operation was operating.

Ubisoft needs to do that. Ubisoft, by not getting in here and addressing some of these concerns directly with the fans, you're letting discontent fester, and you're poisoning your future relationship with the people who give you money. This is not a good idea.