PDA

View Full Version : The Jet Trick/Bug

goatman455
03-04-2004, 04:44 PM
Ok, we all know that WWII era jets tended to have less than reliable engines. They also tend to catch fire at inopportune moments, like a scramble. Here is a trick I found that you may or may not know to allow quick takeoff of any jet in the IL-2 series.

1.Quickly turn on both engines (be fast if Seperate Engine Start is enabled).

2.While the engines are starting use your throttle (I have only confirmed this on a joystick slider) and advance the throttle all the way to 100 percent, you have to change the throttle after you start the engine in order for this to work.

3.Hold the brakes and wait for the engines to fire and spool up.

You now just need to rudder in the correct direction to steer the plane in a clear path for takeoff. Not sure if this is intentional on the part of designers or an oversight, but it works wonders.

goatman455
03-04-2004, 04:44 PM
Ok, we all know that WWII era jets tended to have less than reliable engines. They also tend to catch fire at inopportune moments, like a scramble. Here is a trick I found that you may or may not know to allow quick takeoff of any jet in the IL-2 series.

1.Quickly turn on both engines (be fast if Seperate Engine Start is enabled).

2.While the engines are starting use your throttle (I have only confirmed this on a joystick slider) and advance the throttle all the way to 100 percent, you have to change the throttle after you start the engine in order for this to work.

3.Hold the brakes and wait for the engines to fire and spool up.

You now just need to rudder in the correct direction to steer the plane in a clear path for takeoff. Not sure if this is intentional on the part of designers or an oversight, but it works wonders.

goatman455
03-04-2004, 08:25 PM
Anybody?

E_Temperament
03-05-2004, 12:46 AM
The way I do it, is to move my joystick slider to approximately full open. Then start each engine separately while holding the brake. Works nearly every time for me http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

CARBONFREEZE
03-06-2004, 01:06 AM
Bah. Why did you have to go telling everyone about my race exploit? Now I have to argue like RBJ about engines catching fire and whatnot. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Russian aircraft require skill to fly.
German aircraft require ten times that skill, and one hundred times the patience!

If guns are responsible for crime, my keyboard must be responsible for my spelling!

WUAF_CO_CRBNFRZ on HyperLobby

http://www.pbase.com/image/25987401/medium.jpg
P-38 "Little Butch" Shemya, Alaska

WUAF_Badsight
03-06-2004, 01:37 AM
YOURS !!!!! hahahah dont make me laugh n00b

who was it that handed your a$$ to you last 262 v 262 DF ?

hahahahhhahahahaah

tolwyn.com
03-06-2004, 02:52 AM
By the way, using n00b in a sentance is now considered "being a n00b wannabe player."

Please stop.

Old school is really Compuserve, Vax, and BBS when 300 baud modems were the rage. Thankyouvery much. I was surfing FidoNet and Archie when you were still swimming in your daddy's ::click.::