PDA

View Full Version : Create Assassin's Creed Unity in PS3 format

SirIceOverSea
01-27-2015, 09:24 PM
Hi Ubisoft, I saw de AC Unity gameplay and i thougt that the history and the gameplaying are really good, 5stars Ubisoft for this game ;) but the problem's that a lot of persons don't have Ps4, in my case i'm portuguese and i really want to play this game.... but i only have ps3 and that's not fair because i enjoy more play the AC Unity that play the Rogue..... I whould ask if you can lauch this game for Ps3, because in some way you will earn more with it and a lot more people can play, when now they just canīt...

emperior
01-27-2015, 09:43 PM
It struggles to run on PS4, it would be **** on PS3. If the game was made for last-gen consoles, it should have dense crowds as in the current-gen because that's an important feature. Surely killing the king of france in front of 10 NPCs would look stupid. Unfortunately the game would run with PS2 graphics at 10 FPS on PS3. So they would cut on crowds. Game would feel like something entirely different. As if Call of Duty Advanced Warfare on PS3/X360 couldn't have Exos for whatever reason. The game wouldn't be the same.

So, at the end of it, if we PS4 users can't have AC:Rogue even if it could be ported in less than a week from PC, then PS3 users can be sure Unity on PS3 is as possible as a pig flying to Mars.

maxometer123
01-27-2015, 09:51 PM
won't happen

wvstolzing
01-27-2015, 10:18 PM
This is entirely in the realm of hearsay, to take it with several handfuls of salt -- but ACU might be 'ahead of its time', in terms of what it's trying to do with crowds, even with respect to the basic software technology that it's built on. That's different from an issue of computing power; without some clever hacks, the existing 3D engines don't even know how to address/manipulate the behavior of so many NPCs at the same time.

So it's hardly surprising that even machines with crazy dual-GPU setups are struggling. It's also a good demonstration of the principle that throwing CPU-cycles at programs don't necessarily make them more efficient, if the underlying algorithms are too clunky to begin with.

SirIceOverSea
01-27-2015, 10:33 PM
the thing is that some shoot game have so good grafics and CPU response and velocity, you might have a Ps4 and play the ACU, but i'm not rich at all, and i just canīt buy the Ps4 because i can.... Ubisoft lauched farcry 4 in Ps4 format and Ps3 too, that's why i asked why not lauch ACU in Ps3 too because their income will increase a LOT!!!! and i can play too :3