PDA

View Full Version : Mind blown! Ubisoft gave us Unity, Victory and AC VII locations back in 2013!!

Cornik22
01-27-2015, 06:28 PM
First of all, Iíll start by saying this is not some crazy conspiracy theory that I made up, but speculation based on true facts, as youíre about to see. If I am correct, Ubisoft gave us the key to figure out the next 3 AC locations back in 2013, when Black Flag was released. If this information has already been uncovered, please excuse me because I had no idea. For now, let me explain.

Last November, I bought Assassin's Creed Unity: The Complete Official Guide from Piggyback, as I do every year (I have all the guides and art books, they are awesome). I read the whole thing, enjoyed the artwork and all the info, and that was it. But a couple of days ago, as I was checking some facts again, a particular piece of artwork caught my attention like it didnít before. For a moment I had a weird feeling. I looked a it again, this time in detail. I couldnít believe my eyes, I thought it couldnít be real. But no, It was there and was VERY real.

So I go back to Black Flagís official guide from last year, and oh my God! There it was, near the end. And I check The Art of Assassinís Creed IV: Flag FlagĒ, and again, it was there in full page, in all its glory, with none of us suspecting anything! Hell, you can even find it in the Abstergo Entertainment: Employee Handbook (that I also own). Right in front of us the whole time, but no one though anything of it (not even me). So what does it show? Keep reading.

The piece Iím talking about, drawn by Ubisoft artist Martin Deschambault, shows one possible Abstergo Entertainment lobby area for the present day part, different from the one seen in the final game. Itís gorgeous. There are some Abstergo employees walking around, a fountain and one information desk, but the really interesting part is the huge flat screen that is behind the desk. This screen shows several historical places and landmarks from all over the world (6, to be exact). Some are clear references from previous games, but othersÖ refer to future locations. Letís take a look.

The first one is very small and not very clear. It looks like the front of a church. Iíd like to think itís a reference to the very first Assassins Creed, but itís hard to say:

http://i60.tinypic.com/30vjgbn.jpg

No doubt in the second one. It shows Santa Maria del Fiore in Florence, a clear reference to Assassins Creed II and the Ezio saga:

http://i60.tinypic.com/2qvten7.jpg

The next one shows a tropical island, which can only refer to AC IV Black Flag:

http://i58.tinypic.com/33cay37.jpg
And now is when things get really interesting. You should recognize the fourth one, which isÖ that right, Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris! Way before Unity was leaked by Kotaku.

http://i58.tinypic.com/311v23q.jpg

But wait thereís more. The next one showsÖ The Houses of Parliament and Big Ben in London!! Like in Victory, as you already know thanks to Kotakuís leak. Yeah!

http://i60.tinypic.com/nd0u9y.jpg

In the last one, the screen shows another location which has not been touch in any AC yet, and which (considering all the above) should be AC VII location. Where are we going? Itís Japan!! Which makes sense, considering people have been asking for it for a long time. The image clearly shows a Japanese temple surrounded by houses. Iím not sure, but Iíd say itís Sensoji Temple, Tokyo's oldest temple and one of its most significant.

http://i57.tinypic.com/2i9l75x.jpg

Finally, letís take a look at the whole picture.

http://i57.tinypic.com/2qce7oz.jpg

What do you think? Am I crazy or what? :)

Shahkulu101
01-27-2015, 06:38 PM
OMG, I think you have it! Amazing find.

But uh...kinda shows the lack of creativity right? Just ticking the most requested settings off a checklist. Also disappointed there's no Ancient setting, maybe after Japan - which I will be VERY excited about if revealed to be true.

Not to put a damper on this revelation, might not be true bu sure seems likely. Well done, sir!

Fatal-Feit
01-27-2015, 06:39 PM
HOLY ****

Props for finding this, man! Ur a wizard.

But uh...kinda shows the lack of creativity right? Just ticking the most requested settings off a checklist. Also disappointed there's no Ancient setting, maybe after Japan - which I will be VERY excited about if revealed to be true.

No, it doesn't. If they choose their own setting, people will flame them for lacking creativity. If they choose an absurd setting, people will still flame them for lacking creativity. The developers can't win.

Shahkulu101
01-27-2015, 06:45 PM
HOLY ****

Props for finding this, man! Ur a wizard.

No, it doesn't. If they choose their own setting, people will flame them for lacking creativity. If they choose an absurd setting, people will still flame them for lacking creativity. The developers can't win.

They won when they picked the Renaissance, a fascinating but slightly lesser known period among the general public.

m4r-k7
01-27-2015, 06:54 PM
Could it be China? I hope not, but could it be referencing AC Chronicles: China?

I would love it to be Japan but they have been so negative on that setting and I would think that if they did do that setting they would wait until they have mastered the next-gen engine.

But great find!!

Fatal-Feit
01-27-2015, 06:54 PM
They won when they picked the Renaissance, a fascinating but slightly lesser known period among the general public.

Das tru, but it was before this the whole AC historical expl concept was a thing. Now people r throwing all these settings that they may or may not have already been considered. Like the Golden Age of Piracy, for example. They were working on Black Flag long before AC3 was announced, and now people r saying they just made Black Flag because this and that.

SixKeys
01-27-2015, 07:04 PM
Wow, nice find! Japan 2016 confirmed. :rolleyes:

I don't know much about the difference between Japanese and Chinese architecture, but is it possible the temple could have been a reference to the Shao Jun game instead of Japan?

ze_topazio
01-27-2015, 07:04 PM
I think that might be China, it reminds me of the Forbidden city architecture.

Could be a hint towards the 2016 game, but could also be a hint to the Chronicles spin-off, as a side note I said once that I think Chronicles will serve as an appetizer for a proper China game in the near future.

aL_____eX
01-27-2015, 07:05 PM
https://38.media.tumblr.com/db649f4441940d7fcbbc2bd5d6646bc1/tumblr_mwou7iZK3C1s9n4cro1_250.gif

SpiritOfNevaeh
01-27-2015, 07:08 PM
Nice find :)

VestigialLlama4
01-27-2015, 07:14 PM
Brilliant detective work, this is a classic Easter Egg.

Wish they put as much creativity in this as they did with UNITY,

Shahkulu101
01-27-2015, 07:16 PM
Oh, Topazio may have a point. It might just be hinting towards AC Chronicles, which would be a bit of an anti-climax...

dargor5
01-27-2015, 07:17 PM
Nice find. Hope is not pointting at a japanese setting, too cliche for an Assassin game

aL_____eX
01-27-2015, 07:19 PM
My Body is ready for China or Japan! :)

ze_topazio
01-27-2015, 07:42 PM
My Body is ready for China or Japan! :)

And Korea? is your body ready for Korea?

Megas_Doux
01-27-2015, 07:42 PM
Could it be China? I hope not, but could it be referencing AC Chronicles: China?

I would love it to be Japan but they have been so negative on that setting and I would think that if they did do that setting they would wait until they have mastered the next-gen engine.

But great find!!

In terms of architecture and history AC wise.....

China>>>>>>>>>>Japan.

ACfan443
01-27-2015, 07:55 PM
Exceptional detective work!

Where's Arabian Frost?! Didn't he have a bet with Ashraf Ismail about this?

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/785938-I-have-a-bet-with-Ashraf-to-find-a-hint-which-alludes-to-the-next-AC-location-Help

VestigialLlama4
01-27-2015, 08:32 PM
China>>>>>>>>>>Japan.

Japan has an awesome history too. They could deal with The 47 Ronin, the Crucified Lovers, the many Peasant Rebellions and the original Ninja.

RinoTheBouncer
01-27-2015, 10:27 PM
Great find, my friend. The lists in ACIV also hint for the upcoming games, as far as I remember. But this is a much more obvious reference to all of them. I hope we get AC:China or AC:Egypt.

I posted this on my AC page (linked in my signature) and credited you for your amazing work :)

Alphacos007
01-27-2015, 10:30 PM
If that's it, then it'll be great! I just hope we have an ancient/medieval game after those. Don't want the series to end without having a game with Demolay's Tragedy mission's atmosphere, it was incredible.

Das Rouse
01-27-2015, 10:38 PM
Great find, my friend. The lists in ACIV also hint for the upcoming games, as far as I remember. But this is a much more obvious reference to all of them. I hope we get AC:China or AC:Egypt.

I second an AC: Egypt game. Wasn't there a leaked pic for something called Osirus like a year or so ago? I think some folks don't like this bouncing back an forth trough time, but I don't mind it.

wvstolzing
01-27-2015, 10:42 PM
This is definitely very intriguing.

-- and I don't see what's 'clichť' about Japan (or China for that matter). It's not like popular entertainment is saturated with themes/places/characters from those countries, especially from more than a couple of centuries back. Actually I'm abysmally ignorant of the history of the world to the east of India, and I'd welcome any incentive to learn a little bit more about it; even if it's in the form of AC's distorted soap-opera version -- at least I might be motivated to pick up a book on the subject.

dxsxhxcx
01-27-2015, 10:50 PM

I thought that as well

Fatal-Feit
01-27-2015, 11:04 PM
Some AC channel posted ur find and didn't give any credit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OcejEq9QPg

Dunno if you care, but me, alphacos, and a few others already reported the video to be taken down.

aL_____eX
01-27-2015, 11:07 PM

Dunno if you care, but me and alphacos already reported.
Yeah guys, you should all consider reporting it because it might cause huge confusion among fans.

Fatal-Feit
01-27-2015, 11:12 PM
^ Pretty much.

1. It's not confirmed.

2. It might actually be China instead.

3. It might be a hint for Chronicles China.

king-hailz
01-27-2015, 11:23 PM

Dunno if you care, but me, alphacos, and a few others already reported the video to be taken down.

But there is a comment by the uploader linking to this thread...

Fatal-Feit
01-27-2015, 11:38 PM
But there is a comment by the uploader linking to this thread...

http://i.imgur.com/9OX4oBi.jpg

souNdwAve89
01-27-2015, 11:55 PM
That's only because the person got called out for it, and then the user finally put the credits in the comments section. Not the first time this person would take something from AC Reddit and this forum and not give credit.

Altair1789
01-27-2015, 11:55 PM

I posted this on my AC page (linked in my signature) and credited you for your amazing work :)

I think I remember Darby saying the list didn't have any meaning, it was just there to mess with us

I'm not very sure about the 1st one being from AC1 though. Aside from that, good find

GoldenBoy9999
01-28-2015, 12:08 AM
Very nice find.

But has anyone brought up the fact that Ubi wouldn't just give away the locations of their next games like this? Maybe they thought we would be doubtful, but the next setting could be Asian noe. It's not even a leak, it's artwork.

ze_topazio
01-28-2015, 12:10 AM
I wonder if Ashraf Ismail is working on it, Mayrice dear, go ask him on Twitter please.

Cornik22
01-28-2015, 12:16 AM
Thank you guys! :) It was unfair to not give credit, that's for sure

BATISTABUS
01-28-2015, 12:35 AM
Inb4 they're speaking with British accents...

wvstolzing
01-28-2015, 01:14 AM
On the other hand, it might be pure coincidence that Paris & London were a match.

Perhaps they simply wanted to feature some kind of mural, with unmistakable hints towards 1) AC, and 2) Big cities, 3) 'historical' buildings.

The Duomo: For the fans, possibly the most recognizable landmark.
The 'tropical island': A sight from the same game that this guide is about.

The Notre Dame: Unmistakable connotations of a major European city, 'historical', etc.
Houses of Parliament & the Big Ben: Ditto.

The Eastern portion: Unmistakable connotations of an eastern city, 'historical', etc.

Cornik22
01-28-2015, 01:45 AM
What a coincidence! By some random luck, he had to choose the 2 cities whose games were already in development. I don't think so... ;)

thewhitestig
01-28-2015, 01:46 AM
Awesome find. I am spreading the word.

wvstolzing
01-28-2015, 01:48 AM
whose games were already in development.

ah... you have a point there.

Journey93
01-28-2015, 02:43 AM
wow man nice find
ac china incoming already more excited for that than Victory lol

Xstantin
01-28-2015, 03:12 AM
Nice find. Still wish they could cram ACIII somewhere with Boston/New York

souNdwAve89
01-28-2015, 03:43 AM
Nice find. Still wish they could cram ACIII somewhere with Boston/New York

Yeah, that would be cool, but I think it would made the artwork too busy and cluttered. If you were to add Boston and New York, then they would have to add in Istanbul and Rome too. By then, it would have made this hint too obvious. Then again, this final artwork is already a good hint as it is.

JustPlainQuirky
01-28-2015, 03:47 AM
Makes me wonder why Ubi went out of their way to say they wouldn't be doing Feudal Japan anytime soon...

But seriously, amazing find.

You deserve a medal for noticing something so subtle.

rprkjj
01-28-2015, 05:35 AM
Is it bad that I'm more excited for AC Japan than Victory? Dat exotic setting doe. I think this just confirms Ubi's methodology of releasing their new engine with AC and releasing a game that expands upon that engine. AC3-Black Flag/Rogue and Unity-Victory.

souNdwAve89
01-28-2015, 06:11 AM
Is it bad that I'm more excited for AC Japan than Victory? Dat exotic setting doe. I think this just confirms Ubi's methodology of releasing their new engine with AC and releasing a game that expands upon that engine. AC3-Black Flag/Rogue and Unity-Victory.

No, because I'm with you. I've been wanting an AC game somewhere in the eastern part of the world for a while, whether it's India, China, Japan, etc. Victorian London is my #5 on my top 5 list, but I'm more excited to see what Ubisoft will do with an Asian AC game. I personally think it will give the franchise some fresh air since there will be new architecture, landscape, fighting style, clothing of that time period, culture, etc. I always wanted an AC game where the melee is heavily revamped by taking advantage of martial arts. I was thinking something like Sleeping Dogs and Remember Me, where you can unlock fighting abilities and create combos to your desire.

wvstolzing
01-28-2015, 06:35 AM
With a *somewhat decent* story, the 'eastern AC' could even be a great comeback for the series.

Though I still think that the talent they have at their disposal need not (or *should not*) go into games that bear the AC 'brand name'.

Karna77000
01-28-2015, 07:36 AM
Maybe this is not about Assassin's creed VII but about assassin's creed chronicles : china

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pl5BI9LDChg#t=120

Bigodon
01-28-2015, 10:53 AM
One last stop for Ac? for sure
this "asia" creed is something we were waiting for, don't know if this is china or japan... but i'm fully onto this

please ubi
make this epic like you did on ac2 and brotherhood, this game deserve :/ i get nervous to imagine this epic ac on japan that anyone here just waiting for can be Fckd up like unity was
you must craft this like making your own son/baby

DONT RUSH
we're okay to play this on 2017 and make this a goty material

for victory i'm not expecting anything, well, surprise-me

Cornik22
01-28-2015, 01:10 PM
It's all over the place, guys! Dozens of websites all over the world are reporting it. Some give credit, some don't, but it's so great!

m4r-k7
01-28-2015, 01:13 PM
Im hoping its not AC Chronicles China that its referring to!

RinoTheBouncer
01-28-2015, 02:00 PM
I second an AC: Egypt game. Wasn't there a leaked pic for something called Osirus like a year or so ago? I think some folks don't like this bouncing back an forth trough time, but I don't mind it.

I agree. And I'd rather have us go back and forth and even way back into ancient history than remain stuck in the 18th and 19th centuries.

ze_topazio
01-28-2015, 02:12 PM
I agree. And I'd rather have us go back and forth and even way back into ancient history than remain stuck in the 18th and 19th centuries.

I almost bet they're going to do China or Japan in the XIX century. http://www.narutoforums.com/images/smilies/series2/rlz4ib.png

RinoTheBouncer
01-28-2015, 02:15 PM
I almost bet they're going to do China or Japan in the XIX century. http://www.narutoforums.com/images/smilies/series2/rlz4ib.png

I bet they were going to London after Unity was announced when everybody thought it's gonna be Napoleonic Wars and I was right. This time I'm betting it's either China or Japan, but the Egypt references makes me put that on the list as well. I hope they just do it right and bring back the lore including First Civ. and Modern Day.

VoXngola
01-28-2015, 02:43 PM
It's all over the place, guys! Dozens of websites all over the world are reporting it. Some give credit, some don't, but it's so great!

What have you done Cornik, it literally spreads like wildfire.

auditorevita
01-28-2015, 03:01 PM
You guys thinking that Japanese assassin's creed becomes good.
The present situation resembles time when you guys thought that assassin's creed of the French Revolution becomes good .
And its result?
Warning: You guys repeat the same thing every year.

VoXngola
01-28-2015, 03:09 PM
You guys thinking that Japanese assassin's creed becomes good.
The present situation resembles time when you guys thought that assassin's creed of the French Revolution becomes good .
And its result?
Warning: You guys repeat the same thing every year.

Not to offend you, but you are kinda like the Subject 16 of this forum xD

auditorevita
01-28-2015, 03:14 PM
Subject 16????
Don’t change the subject!!

VoXngola
01-28-2015, 04:42 PM
Subject 16????
Don’t change the subject!!
Sorry:p

wvstolzing
01-28-2015, 04:48 PM
That was either an ingenious pun, or .... whatever.

The_Nortalf
01-28-2015, 08:00 PM
It's not AC VII in Japan. Is't only AC Chronicles: China!!!

Shahkulu101
01-28-2015, 08:05 PM
It's not AC VII in Japan. Is't only AC Chronicles: China!!!

The picture is of Sensoji Temple, the most famous Temple in Japan. ;)

Megas_Doux
01-28-2015, 08:10 PM
Japan has an awesome history too. They could deal with The 47 Ronin, the Crucified Lovers, the many Peasant Rebellions and the original Ninja.

Yes, however I would go for China because I find its history more interesting:

The warring states era.
Three Kingdoms.
The opium wars.
Its mongol invasions.
The boxers Rebellion.
The Ming Dynasty as a whole.
The unification of China
Its mongol invasions.
Xuanwu gate incident, that is pretty "assassin"ish event.

ziljn
01-28-2015, 08:26 PM

Possibly. The picture looks similar but it's not a great match. I'm wondering what the temple and the surrounding area looked like prior to WWII, because what is in the photo is not the original temple.

The_Nortalf
01-28-2015, 08:27 PM

It culd be any red building in China.

ze_topazio
01-28-2015, 08:54 PM

The warring states era.
Three Kingdoms.
The opium wars.
Its mongol invasions.
The boxers Rebellion.
The unification of China
Its mongol invasions.

Don't forget the Taiping Rebellion, one of the most bizarre events in Chinese history.

Bobfish_Almight
01-28-2015, 11:43 PM
Last one honestly looks more Korean to me

Bobfish_Almight
01-28-2015, 11:44 PM

The warring states era.
Three Kingdoms.
The opium wars.
Its mongol invasions.
The boxers Rebellion.
The unification of China
Its mongol invasions.

Shao Jun

ShoryukenMan
01-28-2015, 11:48 PM
All I know is, if we go to China... Don't pursue Lu Bu...

Synchrossassin
01-29-2015, 12:10 AM
Oh my god dude I freakin love you!! How have I not discovered this??? Then again I don't have all the art books/game guides..but I'd like to think I woulda stumbled across this long ago!! How did nobody find it yet until now, like seriously? If I had that same book you had, and I like to look though art and all the details, I would've been looking at the image you show here, and I woulda been like "oh cool there's Italy, from the 2nd game..and there's the Notre Dame cathedral, in France and I only recognize it because I've played Unity lately..then I see Edward's game..and then there's London which has been leaked/confirmed lately..but what's this?? Looks either chinese or Japanese, but either way now I'm really excited, Imma glo tell all my friends my new discovery and they're gonna say 'wow you're way too into your game dude' and Imma say 'because I love the F out of it that's why!!"" etc etc lol but anyway Ya I totally agree, that while this doesn't prove 100% the next setting after Victory, it is very, very likely. I wouldn't doubt this at all :) Great find sir, thank you for your love of AC :D

Synchrossassin
01-29-2015, 01:42 AM
Also, I'm not sure at all about the first one, my guess is as good as yours, I would say it's some snippet from a church during Altair's game, but then again I have no idea..and although it is strange that AC3's missing from the locations, that doesn't necessarily mean anything, does it..because that would be WAyyyyy too obvious right? You gotta leave some room for wonder..and of course you don't need anything from Brotherhood or Revelations, just the well-known building from Ezio's first game is all that's needed, because the images are only denoting the numbered/next installments I would say, just not including AC3 semi-oddly lol so I'll say that first mystery piece is from AC1 (or mayhaps AC8 lmao but I reallly doubt that, looks too much like AC1 stuff), then AC2 is Obv, AC3 missing, Black Flag is Obv, Unity is Obv, Victory is Obv, and then there's this other image, the one causing all the stir..Quick!! Initiates!! Fans of AC everwhere!! EveryBody scour the internet and all the artbooks/game guides for any hints into the Assassin Order in the Japan area!! We WILL FIND A TRAIL!!!!!

Actually here's a couple to get started with:

http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/6/69534/2650542-9100069223-10514.jpg]
and
http://download.gamezone.com/uploads/image/data/1159165/AC4.jpg

these were legit emails you can find while hacking in AC4, and while I never thought ALL the mentioned time periods would be used, they were definitely options and good possibilities, but maybe there's more to these emails than we initially thought; heck, the 2nd email/image directly references to Unity and Victory lmao how funny is that? Although after looking into Wyatt Earp/Billy the kid, I am totally against an AC set in those areas, not enough city/rooftops/height/population, not dense enough, buildings too far apart..this would just feel like RedDR with AC elements thrown in, LAME as far as traditional AC navigation is concerned..ANYWAY So the part where it directly lists possible locations-one is the Ashakaga Shogunate in Japan..starting to make a lot of sense now huh..? And the next interesting thing, is I decided to search Google for 'most popular Japan landmarks' and such to see if i could find a building that looks exactly like the one you found here, and then BAM another interesting thing hit me:

https://www.google.com/#q=popular+japanese+landmarks

Mt. Fuji. Now, why is this interesting? Because, for those of you who haven't noticed/heard, at the very end of that Truth video you could piece together in AC2, you see 'Adam' and 'Eve' on top of a building, overlooking the city and landscape..and in the distance you see-drum rollll.....what appears to be Mt. Fuji!!
(skip to last 10 seconds if you're impatient)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_okIA8iI5Tw

EDIT: I made a mistake, damnit..it's not Mt Fuji but Kilimanjaro, I knew that but it has been awhile since I saw that vid, and when I was searching the 'popular Japan landmarks' in google and saw that huge mountain, it reminded me of the end of that Truth video, and I got all excited and forgot that there is a Kilimanjaro and it looks similar to Fuji..so there's not much of a connection between this possible Japan location and that Truth video..but still, thinking about the end of that Truth vid is the binary code which spells 'Eden', and with Kilimanjaro at the end, which is located in Africa, Tanzania specifically..there's a legend of the Hanging Garden, which is most likely a legend as there has been no evidence and little to no mention of the place in ancient texts, but that could be the 'garden' that 'eden' is referring to, so it would be interesting if the one location that says Egypt and North Africa was used in a future AC, they could find a special PoE that Adam and Eve had hid or something idk..but I see how it could be possible to bring things round circle, these connections make some sort of sense..
Now honestly, I have no idea what's going on here, or what time period is truly coming next, but there's definitely some connections going on here, there's Gotta be!! Right...? Tell me what you guys think!! :)

wvstolzing
01-29-2015, 01:46 AM
Isn't that the Kilimanjaro?

I thought that 'Eden' building was located in eastern Africa, as an obvious allusion to the real world birthplace of humanity.

As to the emails ... they're obviously engaged in some kind of tongue-in-cheek self-referential sarcastic humor, even 'breaking the fourth wall' in AC4's office paraphernalia ... though I'm not sure how significant or effective it is.

ziljn
01-29-2015, 02:09 AM

I thought that 'Eden' building was located in eastern Africa, as an obvious allusion to the real world birthplace of humanity.

Yes, it's Kilimanjaro.

Synchrossassin
01-29-2015, 02:50 AM

As to the emails ... they're obviously engaged in some kind of tongue-in-cheek self-referential sarcastic humor, even 'breaking the fourth wall' in AC4's office paraphernalia ... though I'm not sure how significant or effective it is.

Thanks, sorry yes I meant Kilimanjaro, I confused it with Fuji xD I will edit that lol But yes, either way, there's something going on here, and we shall figure it out!!!

RVSage
01-29-2015, 07:04 AM
Here is my theory...
Brotherhood time frame- They decide on french revolution.. Becomes a game.. 3 years later
ACIII time frame- The writer direcly hints he wants to do India... AC Brahman writers directly hint a game based on India (So 3 years later i.e 2016 should be India)(ACIII boston tea party has India tea cartons The cartons say INDIA TEA )
AC IV time frame - Ashraf Ismail hints Egypt ( 2017 egypt)

They have always said they have zero interest in Japan.. I feel 2016 is going to be India.. because there has been too much content leading to it.. Considering The kohinoor POE.. capable of binding all POEs together..

I guess there is a possibility this takes place in India/Nepal border (Nepal has similar architecture to the one presumed to be Japan).. Anyway brilliant find.. I wont be disappointed if it is Japan.. But I have a gut feeling it is India

KrayZee_
01-29-2015, 07:53 AM
Great find! Now that begs the question, what about the name of the Japanese Assassin? Will we play as Master Assassin "Suki", a female name that means "loved one; eagle eyed"? Will the name be Asuka (Meaning "to fly and bird"), if not Suki? Finally a female character with a name that somehow relates to eagles and birds? I can only hope so!

How about Tsubame? Another female name, which means "swallow (bird)".

Do it, Ubisoft! Female Assassin with names relevance to eagles and birds!

marvelfannumber
01-29-2015, 10:57 AM
Honestly I don't really think this is 100% accurate, I mean it could be but I don't see it.

The French Revolution, Victorian London and Feudal Japan were all highly requested settings (if not THE most requested settings). So it's not that much of a stretch to say that the conceptual artist just randomly put them there.

Honestly I think it is just a coincidence, but I guess only time will tell.

Xahutek
01-29-2015, 02:23 PM
Some of you may notice that there is a list of Sages in the ACU Solution Book (Page 269).
There you can find several hints concerning Sages we already know out of ACU and older Parts but also about the Sage in AC Victory and some who could come in the next parts of the series. One of them is a man in China (14.century) who's a subject of the emperor. There's also an Indish Sage (1885). We have to wait).

Cornik22
01-29-2015, 04:45 PM
The French Revolution, Victorian London and Feudal Japan were all highly requested settings (if not THE most requested settings). So it's not that much of a stretch to say that the conceptual artist just randomly put them there.

It is once you understand that Deschambault not only knew those games were in development, he was part of them as senior artist!! I don't get why it's so hard to some people to believe...

Shahkulu101
01-29-2015, 04:48 PM
Also, they all look like in-game renders

Florence Cathedral and Notre Dame definitely are.

P.S Deschambault right now:

https://aimeeleekitee.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/2.gif

marvelfannumber
01-29-2015, 06:53 PM
It is once you understand that Deschambault not only knew those games were in development, he was part of them as senior artist!! I don't get why it's so hard to some people to believe...

Ah well then it seems a little more likely, but I am still on the edge about it. It's nothing definitive yet.

Also, they all look like in-game renders

Florence Cathedral and Notre Dame definitely are.

No they aren't, they are definetly real-life photos. It's getting harder and harder to tell the difference, I know.

m4r-k7
01-29-2015, 06:56 PM
I think its referencing AC Chronicles China personally, but I hope I'm wrong.

For me I am expecting India and Egypt for the next games, which are both great settings anyway.

Democrito_71
01-30-2015, 12:27 AM

Many Swedish gaming sites and the big newspapers in Sweden are giving u full credit for your find, Big congratulations to u! :cool:

I'm personally more excited for a Japanese setting than the Victorian setting now atm after this discovery :)

I hope if Ubi are really making a Japanese AC-game for 2016, that they hire Cliff Martinez as a composer for the job. His work on Far Cry 4 is amazingly, especially the ambient soundtrack captures the atmosphere in that game.

Search for Far Cry 4- unfamiliar paths, the mountain watches and Take down, truly amazing atmospheric soundtrack ;)

Shahkulu101
01-30-2015, 02:46 AM
He has acknowledged us: https://twitter.com/darbymcdevitt/status/560970434854649856

Confirmed?

Ichrukia56
01-30-2015, 02:56 AM
He has acknowledged us: https://twitter.com/darbymcdevitt/status/560970434854649856

Confirmed?

yes he has :D

wvstolzing
01-30-2015, 03:03 AM
What 'obfuscation'? No one cracked a *secret* code. It was all out in the open.

JustPlainQuirky
01-30-2015, 03:09 AM
Confirmed?

Yup.

This confirms it.

Victorian London 2015
Feudal Japan 2016

The hype is real.

now just don't ruin it with excessive collectibles, weird skill point system, transmedia, microtransactions, or subpar story/characters pls.

Fatal-Feit
01-30-2015, 03:20 AM
We still don't know if it's China or Japan...

Namikaze_17
01-30-2015, 03:23 AM
Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted.

JustPlainQuirky
01-30-2015, 03:23 AM
if it wasn't legit devs wouldn't have been like "eehhh we need to be more discreet from now on then"

that's basically confirmation right there.

Shahkulu101
01-30-2015, 03:27 AM
We can't know for sure, this is Darby we're talking about here.

Might just be trolling us. :p

Namikaze_17
01-30-2015, 03:30 AM
We can't know for sure, this is Darby we're talking about here.

Might just be trolling us. :p

This.

phoenix-force411
01-30-2015, 06:09 AM
Not sure if feudal Japan would be a setting I'd like to go to. I just hope there's enough story to carry the series, because the games aren't really getting anywhere. Rogue is probably the last game up to date to actually expand upon what is currently happening in modern day.

m4r-k7
01-30-2015, 02:46 PM
He could be trolling and it could just be AC Chronicle China xD

Hans684
01-30-2015, 04:24 PM
Assassin and Templars from Paris(Unity), England(Victory) and Japan have been in AC Memories, 2 of 3. So it's not a stretch if the next is Japan.

Megas_Doux
01-30-2015, 11:30 PM
I hope is China..... :p

With that being said, I wont acknowledge this as a confirmation......

Shahkulu101
01-30-2015, 11:34 PM
Honestly I'd be quite pleased if they came out and surprised us by announcing something totally different, knowing the setting a year in advance isn't very exciting. :/

Although, I do not take this as total confirmation either, I'm about 85% sure - and I would want them to go to Japan at some point.

Megas_Doux
01-30-2015, 11:38 PM
Honestly I'd be quite pleased if they came out and surprised us by announcing something totally different, knowing the setting a year in advance isn't very exciting. :/

Although, I do not take this as total confirmation either, I'm about 85% sure - and I would want them to go to Japan at some point.

Japan is THE most requested setting outside here, I would help Ubi to get the franchise back on track in terms of PR, if properly done, of course. I like China more than Japan based on architecture mainly, but is not bad.

m4r-k7
01-30-2015, 11:51 PM
If it is Japan I hope it has been in development for a long long time. A Japanese AC game will without a doubt sell a ton of copies (due to it being the most highly requested, perhaps it will be the highest selling AC game yet) so I hope they realise this and take the time to make it as good as possible. An exceptionally well made Japanese AC game would put Ubisoft back on track in terms of PR.

qkrtkd12
09-27-2015, 08:56 AM
Wow, nice find! Japan 2016 confirmed. :rolleyes:

I don't know much about the difference between Japanese and Chinese architecture, but is it possible the temple could have been a reference to the Shao Jun game instead of Japan?

It is actually the Chinese Tang Dynasty style architecture. :)
The building of the current picture is concrete reconstructed after WW II.

Chinese ancient mural painting.

http://oi61.tinypic.com/1z1qnm0.jpg
http://oi58.tinypic.com/1651z6.jpg
http://oi58.tinypic.com/16lwimu.jpg
http://oi57.tinypic.com/nzhi0i.jpg
http://oi60.tinypic.com/w70meu.jpg

Jessigirl2013
09-27-2015, 05:43 PM
This is even more odd as I did actually notice the London setting but didn't connect the dots about the others shown ;)

This makes me sad though .... I didn't want Japan ;)
I dunno... people asking for it for years has put me right off.

compukn1ght
09-27-2015, 06:49 PM
On the other hand, it might be pure coincidence that Paris & London were a match.

Perhaps they simply wanted to feature some kind of mural, with unmistakable hints towards 1) AC, and 2) Big cities, 3) 'historical' buildings.

The Duomo: For the fans, possibly the most recognizable landmark.
The 'tropical island': A sight from the same game that this guide is about.

The Notre Dame: Unmistakable connotations of a major European city, 'historical', etc.
Houses of Parliament & the Big Ben: Ditto.

The Eastern portion: Unmistakable connotations of an eastern city, 'historical', etc.

Erm, if Ubi were trying to show us landmarks from cities then wouldn't the Eiffel Tower be better than Notre Dame??

I would LOVE the next one to be set in either China, Japan or Egypt.

Oh and AWESOME find dude!!

Altair1789
09-27-2015, 07:18 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if the next game took place in Japan or China. Whenever they update the game engine they usually go to a completely different setting. It would make more sense to go new engine: AC3 -> AC4, new engine: ACU -> ACS, new engine: Japan/China-> ??, because they can reuse a lot of assets. Not only animations, but textures and models. Paris and London share some pretty similar architecture, even with London being in the industrial revolution. Syndicate uses the same animations and models for civilians too. Going from 18th century Paris to Japan/China would change just about everything. They might even need a new freerunning system to allow you to run around the vastly different buildings of Japan or China

VoXngola
09-27-2015, 10:07 PM
While I wish for it and would love for AC to go to Japan or China or even India, I don't think it'll happen just yet. For some reason I can see the Russian Revolution happening next year instead.

What I want to happen is for the location of the next game to not be leaked, atleast not as early as Syndicate. Part of why I visit the forums and the subreddit is because of all the speculation and all the theories and talks regarding the next possible setting. There are even people who go out of their way to write the potential plot that could happen in whatever setting. It's just so fun. When Syndicate got leaked with all that Victory stuff, I was slightly dissapointed that it happened so early.

Altair1789
09-27-2015, 11:35 PM
While I wish for it and would love for AC to go to Japan or China or even India, I don't think it'll happen just yet. For some reason I can see the Russian Revolution happening next year instead.

What I want to happen is for the location of the next game to not be leaked, atleast not as early as Syndicate. Part of why I visit the forums and the subreddit is because of all the speculation and all the theories and talks regarding the next possible setting. There are even people who go out of their way to write the potential plot that could happen in whatever setting. It's just so fun. When Syndicate got leaked with all that Victory stuff, I was slightly dissapointed that it happened so early.

Ubisoft needs to work on keeping game details from the public in general. Like you said, the Victory leaks, this poster, and announcements coming too early. They also put out way too much content for advertising. It's not as exciting to play the game when it comes out. The end of Unity was practically spoiled by the season pass trailer

There's no real excuse to be doing something like this, sneaking the settings of upcoming games in an advertisement. It's just unnecessary

pacmanate
09-27-2015, 11:42 PM
Interesting if it is Japan. Cant wait to see the new building renders.

whatr_those
10-25-2015, 04:52 AM
Whoo, finally!

With that boring, fetishized, Victorian Assassin's Creed finally outta' the way... WHO'S READY FOR ASSASSIN'S CREED: JAPAN EDITION?!?

mrsmartman
10-25-2015, 05:02 AM
Assassin's Creed is an upcoming, feature-length motion picture, based on the award-winning series of the same name. It is produced by and stars Michael Fassbender as Aguilar, a 15th century Spanish Assassin, and his present day descendant Callum Lynch.

Directed by Justin Kurzel and produced by Ubisoft Motion Pictures and Frank Marshall, the film will be released by 20th Century Fox for a planned 21 December 2016 release date.

Source: AC Wiki

whatr_those
11-03-2015, 07:48 PM
Assassin's Creed is an upcoming, feature-length motion picture, based on the award-winning series of the same name. It is produced by and stars Michael Fassbender as Aguilar, a 15th century Spanish Assassin, and his present day descendant Callum Lynch.

Directed by Justin Kurzel and produced by Ubisoft Motion Pictures and Frank Marshall, the film will be released by 20th Century Fox for a planned 21 December 2016 release date.

Source: AC Wiki
I doubt the next Assassin's Creed game will tell the story of Aguilar, if that's what you were implying with your post.

Assassin's Creed: Japan is more likely, as well as a setting that many fans want.

RVSage
11-03-2015, 08:09 PM
I do not think next one will be in Japan, simply because , then it becomes the case where they made 3 consecutive games just for fans (Rogue, Syndicate + the next game), which is not good. If they make games on their own selection it turns out great , example black flag. I sincerely doubt they will do it a third time

LoyalACFan
11-03-2015, 08:10 PM
Whoo, finally!

With that boring, fetishized, Victorian Assassin's Creed finally outta' the way... WHO'S READY FOR ASSASSIN'S CREED: JAPAN EDITION?!?

So we can get boring, fetishized Samurai Assassin's Creed outta' the way :rolleyes:

But seriously, I think Japan will be a great change of pace (though I wanted China) if Ubi can avoid the whole samurais vs ninja assassinz trope.

I do not think next one will be in Japan, simply because , then it becomes the case where they made 3 consecutive games just for fans (Rogue, Syndicate + the next game), which is not good. If they make games on their own selection it turns out great , example black flag. I sincerely doubt they will do it a third time

But the French Revolution was a setting that was envisioned by Patrice himself, and Unity turned out ****ing awful (at least in its use of the time period). So I don't think there's any real dichotomy between "developer settings" versus "fan settings," it's just a matter of getting a team of designers and writers who can muster up some passion for the time period/culture. You have to remember, the devs are fans too. And I'm fairly certain that something as fresh and juicy as an East Asian AC is something that a lot of the developers could get on board with. It's a hell of a lot easier to walk into a studio and say "okay gang, we're making a game about Feudal Japan!" versus "okay gang, we're making a game about... eighteenth-century colonialism. Again."

cawatrooper9
11-03-2015, 08:15 PM
So we can get boring, fetishized Samurai Assassin's Creed outta' the way :rolleyes:

No kidding. Victorian London's been done before (though I really liked Syndicate) but so has Feudal Japan. Snore.

siralex1986
11-03-2015, 08:17 PM
OMFG you may be onto something here!