PDA

View Full Version : Need help - AC Unity very laggy and unplayable after Geforce Exp and driver update

Freyr1983
01-26-2015, 05:46 PM
Hi ,

A few days ago. i update my graphic driver and geforce exp software.

But i notice that after i update. my game become very laggy , video stuttering and unplayable .

I thought is unity problem but after that i try other game like ac black flag , far cry 4 and battlefield 4.

far cry 4 and battlefield 4 having a same problem like unity but black flag do not suffer so much in game play

but when in video cut scene, the video stutter after playing for 20 min in black flag.

Please advice or help on how to solve this problem :(

I hope i post at the right section.

Anyway here is my rig spec

GPU : GTX 970

Cpu : I7-2600 @ 3.40 ghz

Memory : 16 gb ram

jeffies04
01-26-2015, 05:57 PM
I upgraded to 347.25 the other day too, and there are parts of my game that are choppy now on my 980. Something is definitely not right with this driver. I'll be reverting back to 347.09 or whatever the last one was.

Freyr1983
01-26-2015, 06:05 PM
I upgraded to 347.25 the other day too, and there are parts of my game that are choppy now on my 980. Something is definitely not right with this driver. I'll be reverting back to 347.09 or whatever the last one was.

so i just downgrade my graphic driver 1st ?

how is your game after the downgrade to older drivers?

jeffies04
01-26-2015, 06:15 PM
I'm going to do it in a few. I am 90% sure it will be back to normal. It was the only thing I did between playing normally and playing with random choppiness.

Freyr1983
01-26-2015, 06:20 PM
I'm going to do it in a few. I am 90% sure it will be back to normal. It was the only thing I did between playing normally and playing with random choppiness.
Do let me know if this works. You can pm to me in case >< now my assassin creed revelation feeling a bit choppy now :(

CaptainKabuko
01-26-2015, 06:25 PM
Dude, this game is a piece of crap.
if it cant work normally on i7 and 970 , i dont have much more to say.
Play Far Cry 4 or something.... at least ubisoft didnt screw that over..... (still)

Freyr1983
01-26-2015, 06:30 PM
Dude, this game is a piece of crap.
if it cant work normally on i7 and 970 , i dont have much more to say.
Play Far Cry 4 or something.... at least ubisoft didnt screw that over..... (still)
I already tested far cry 4 , battlefield 4 and black flag . For far cry 4 and bf 4 is unplayable after a few min in the game
For black flag is after maybe 10 to 20 mins of playing before it started to lag .
so I really think is graphics driver problem

Freyr1983
01-26-2015, 06:34 PM
I still can play unity with nearly maX settings expect for aa which I set to msaa to use mFaa b4 I update my graphics driver

dargor5
01-26-2015, 07:54 PM
Did you do any tweaking to the nvidia control panel before the update? If so you have to make the tweaks every time you update drivers. Specially if you did whats on the thread of "fix for nvedea users"

Freyr1983
01-27-2015, 12:31 AM
Did you do any tweaking to the nvidia control panel before the update? If so you have to make the tweaks every time you update drivers. Specially if you did whats on the thread of "fix for nvedea users"

Hi ,

Hmm..I can't remember if I have tweak my nvidia control panel.
But I did not follow the thread of "fix for nvidia users"

Freyr1983
01-27-2015, 12:33 AM
Headache. Do not know what to do to fix this problem

Freyr1983
01-27-2015, 12:45 AM
Hi ,

Hmm..I can't remember if I have tweak my nvidia control panel.
But I did not follow the thread of "fix for nvidia users"

That is before I update my graphics driver.

Freyr1983
01-27-2015, 12:46 AM
Any tech expert can help me? :(

strigoi1958
01-27-2015, 04:04 AM
uninstall geforce experience, uninstall the latest driver and re-install the previous driver 347.09.... then download nvidia inspector and use the tools then find the preset profile for ac unity and delete it

jeffies04
01-27-2015, 05:54 AM
I still haven't gone back to 347.09, been doing other stuff today. It's a real intermittent issue for me with .25 though, but with .09 it was very smooth and steady 100% of the time.

Really bugs me when driver updates make things worse rather than better >:(

strigoi1958
01-27-2015, 11:44 AM
over the years I have found new doesn't mean better all the time... sometimes new just means different... depending on the systems, sometimes an older or different... driver is better... when I had problems with AC3 and Splinter cell Blacklist (which I removed from my system as Nvidia destroyed all my desire to play ever that game... I cannot bear to even mention it by name).. on the geforce forum there were hundreds of posts all looking for a stable driver and we all had to use a 3 month old driver as it took nvidia months and several betas and 2 whql drivers before the problems disappeared :(

When you read the requirements for WHQL certification it is shocking... Basically Nvidia has to state that they have tested it on some systems with some versions of windows and it worked... they submit the data for MS and MS can if they choose try the driver themselves or they can take Nvidias word it is stable and just issue the whql.. it i all very vague :(

Freyr1983
01-27-2015, 03:16 PM
over the years I have found new doesn't mean better all the time... sometimes new just means different... depending on the systems, sometimes an older or different... driver is better... when I had problems with AC3 and Splinter cell Blacklist (which I removed from my system as Nvidia destroyed all my desire to play ever that game... I cannot bear to even mention it by name).. on the geforce forum there were hundreds of posts all looking for a stable driver and we all had to use a 3 month old driver as it took nvidia months and several betas and 2 whql drivers before the problems disappeared :(

When you read the requirements for WHQL certification it is shocking... Basically Nvidia has to state that they have tested it on some systems with some versions of windows and it worked... they submit the data for MS and MS can if they choose try the driver themselves or they can take Nvidias word it is stable and just issue the whql.. it i all very vague :(

Hmm so which driver is the most stable ?

strigoi1958
01-27-2015, 04:24 PM
I'm afraid that is trial and error for each system... with unity it seems like 347.09 for some of us.... while others are running an older driver and lots have installed 347.25... it is just a case of whichever works best for you.

Freyr1983
02-02-2015, 07:20 AM
I'm afraid that is trial and error for each system... with unity it seems like 347.09 for some of us.... while others are running an older driver and lots have installed 347.25... it is just a case of whichever works best for you.

Update still having the same problem . Plus black flag having the same issue but is better than unity :(

strigoi1958
02-02-2015, 11:16 AM
did you use a driver sweeper like wagnards DDU.exe if not google it.... Nvidia leaves old code on your system when you change drivers so it is always worth doing a proper clean uninstall and install.... also do not try to max out the settings... the 970 cannot handle it. start with the high preset and adjust the settings from there. but AA needs to be FXAA.

jeffies04
02-02-2015, 06:59 PM
Hey folks... Wanted to mention since I see this thread still active that I did a full removal and reinstalled 347.09 last night.

World of difference for me across the board, not just in Unity. I think I'll stick with this one until a later release.

Freyr1983
02-03-2015, 07:42 AM
Hmm so far for newer assassin creed after driver 347.09

Black flag can be play but in some area like thick jungle with rain , outside the open sea with rain and city like Havana will suffer shuttering after playing for some time.

i not yet tested ac 3 , acr , acb.

I sure ac2 and ac1 can play smoothly.

strigoi1958
02-03-2015, 11:12 AM
Make sure you have downloaded a driver first and put it on your desktop,
http://www.wagnardmobile.com/DDU/ddudownload.htm click the word download at the bottom

extract it from the zip file, and run it.

if it asks to start in safe mode click yes

choose the top option clean and restart.

find the driver you have on the desktop and install it.

that will give you a proper clean install

tcarlisle2012
02-04-2015, 02:58 AM
I install nothing but the driver & physx. Gaming experience and all that extra stuff, I have found to be problematic with memory leaks and such, and the benefits I don't need or use (game profiles with preset settings, drivers for NVidia shield play, etc)

Freyr1983
02-04-2015, 11:42 AM
I really like ac unity but the game is not optimized properly

Sigh =(