PDA

View Full Version : Why Suyin is better than every AC Character

Namikaze_17
01-26-2015, 05:18 AM
It has come to my attention that the character Suyin Beifong from the critically acclaimed series "Legend of Korra" is a more deeper, profound and selfless character than any of the AC protagonists we've had thus far.

My reasoning?

Suyin Beifong has easily become one my favourite characters in the series, and the Avatar franchise as a whole. Not only does she take pride in being a mother, a wife and a matriarch, but her intelligence continued to astound me. She’s literally built up Zaofu from the ground and stood as an example of modern progress in the world, all while keeping grounded in her ideals. At first, I guess I didn’t really understand why Su wouldn’t take charge when the Earth Kingdom was in disarray, but this scene finally put it into perspective. And I agree with her whole heartedly.

Su didn’t want to be seen as a conquerer, and knew if she took charge, she would be. Just because she had a vision, didn’t mean she had to force it onto the people of the world. Suyin has been so outspoken in her beliefs the entire time we’ve seen her. She saw the faults in the queens reign, but even when put into a position of power to change that, she refused to force her ideals down the throats of everyone in the kingdom, much like she allowed the citizens of Zaofu to do as they please, and use the freedom they had to define themselves. Given her backstory, the importance of choosing who you are and what you’re seen as is central to her character, and I really hope we see even more characters like her in the future.

Feel free to ask questions & why you may or may not find her fascinating compared to the AC characters.

Thanks. ^__^

JustPlainQuirky
01-26-2015, 05:19 AM
Very compelling.

I don't think anyone can disagree after all the evidence you built up.

GoldenBoy9999
01-26-2015, 05:21 AM
Very nice, but I don't think you need any more information. I'm already 100% sure that this is true, as everyone else will be.

Fatal-Feit
01-26-2015, 05:21 AM
I have to agree. If there's a cartoon character all AC writers should study from, it's Su. She's very interesting and 2-dimensional. Su should be the heroine for the upcoming Victory.

A crossover between AC and TLOK would be the best thing since Xbox One's announcement.

The_Kiwi_
01-26-2015, 05:23 AM
Such content
Much explanation

Namikaze_17
01-26-2015, 05:28 AM
Thanks, guys. :)

Hopefully this gives Ubi the incentive to make a character with as much complexity and grey morals as Su.

Fatal-Feit
01-26-2015, 05:31 AM
grey

I see what you did there...

Namikaze_17
01-26-2015, 05:42 AM
I see what you did there...

Grey is a sign of wisdom friend.

And that's something Su clearly had to strive for in her story.

From growing up without a father and being a rebellious teenager, Su went through many trials and tribulations in her life that made her the character she is in LOK.

GoldenBoy9999
01-26-2015, 05:54 AM
Maybe Su should just be the next AC protag? I think that is the best solution.

Namikaze_17
01-26-2015, 05:57 AM
Maybe Su should just be the next AC protag? I think that is the best solution.

I could only wish. But I'm content with her character growth in LOK. ( Though I would love more of her)

Fatal-Feit
01-26-2015, 06:05 AM
What if Victory is about Suyin cloning herself using a PoE? While the real one is in the realm of TTOK, a Templar and an Assassin clones are fighting against each other in the world of AC.

Namikaze_17
01-26-2015, 06:12 AM
What if Victory is about Suyin cloning herself using a PoE? While the real one is in the realm of TTOK, a Templar and an Assassin clones are fighting against each other in the world of AC.

Now come now.

That isn't gonna happen. :rolleyes:

Spectacular idea. ;-)

GunnerGalactico
01-26-2015, 10:24 AM
What is up with the threads today!? :rolleyes: :p:confused:

Namikaze_17
01-26-2015, 01:32 PM
What is up with the threads today!? :rolleyes: :p:confused:

Yeah, those other threads are weird indeed. O__o

ze_topazio
01-26-2015, 01:46 PM
But does Suyin know why do kids love the taste of Cinnamon Toast Crunch?

Namikaze_17
01-26-2015, 01:53 PM
But does Suyin know why do kids love the taste of Cinnamon Toast Crunch?

No one knows. :rolleyes: