PDA

View Full Version : Why Assassin’s Creed Rogue is actually all about gay propaganda

JustPlainQuirky
01-26-2015, 04:42 AM
prop·a·gan·da
ˌpräpəˈɡandə/
noun
derogatory
information, especially of a biased or misleading nature, used to promote or publicize a particular political cause or point of view.

Propaganda is a powerful weapon in war; it is used to dehumanize and create hatred toward a supposed enemy, either internal or external, by creating a false image in the mind.

Assassin’s Creed. The title alone expresses interest in following a certain philosophy, no matter how contradictory. Such is the contradiction of Assassin’s Creed Rogue. Not many have picked up on the questionable undertones this installment holds, but I have. And I am here to expose it to you.

Now if you were to play through Assassin’s Creed Rogue in one sitting you probably wouldn’t notice anything odd. This is intentional. The developers want to interject their bias into your mind without you even noticing.

Taking a closer look, you may notice something strange. For instance, this screenshot.

http://static2.gamespot.com/uploads/original/1365/13658182/2641996-assassins_creed_rogue_shay%26haytam_1409668980.jpg

This is one of the first images we see in Assassin’s Creed Rogue’s marketing. Just look as Haytham and Shay lock eyes, sinful thoughts clouding their minds. Their hands positioned as if to make vulgar gestures implying intimacies of the darkest nature. And this is just the beginning.

Before I go any further, it’s best I outline the basics to allow you all to comprehend this further.

Assassins: Straight Males
Templars: LBGT
Pieces of Eden: Sexual Temptation

Now that that’s out of the way, take a look at this scene: (0:00-2:44)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xxapz1-fKf0

Watch as Liam and Achilles fight over the gun that was meant to shoot Shay. Shay, a now full-fledged homosexual (as determined by his accompanying of Haytham), watches as what was once his previous sexual orientation fight against itself to prevent his mind from collapsing. Unfortunately such guilt can be equally destructive and Liam ultimately knocks down a PoE (Shay’s temptation) and sends Shay’s world crumbling down. Shay’s only choice now is to eliminate all signs of previous sexual interest (Liam) and reunite with his lover Haytham.

This isn’t the only instance of blatant gay propaganda either. Take a look at this:

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140805172309/assassinscreed/images/e/ec/AC_Rogue_-_Sailing.jpg

still don’t see it? Look closer.

http://i.imgur.com/8IiHMRO.png

It was right in front of us all along.

Further evidence of Gay propaganda:
>Shay can pierce narwhals (animals with a horn similar that to a certain reproductive organ) with his spear (a weapon that also holds similar shape to a certain reproductive organ)
>Polar bears can be killed. It’s no coincidence polar bears eat their young. Eliminating them is Shay’s way of punishing non-homosexuals who are able to bare children and do not appreciate the gift.
>Shay can hunt Great Auks to extinction. Great Auks are similar to penguins. A children’s book was once published surrounding the idea of two male penguins raising a baby penguin together. He doesn’t want to be reminded of the controversial reception so he eliminates them.
>Ships sail around ramming each other’s “poop decks” with their “bowsprit” all day. And of course there are hunters out looking to ram Shay. I don’t even have to explain this one any further.

And all of this is intensified by the game’s ending where Shay and Haytham are sitting alone together in a ship under a romantic aurora in a scene suspiciously similar to Titanic’s iconic “I’m the king of the world” scene. All this happns while Shay and Haytham discuss desires of retrieving a box. But why such a tiny box? Because similar boxes are used for you guessed it…

Proposal.

Not only is this game emphasizing a shift in sexual orientation but a desire to marry those of the same sex. Baffling, I know.

Source: (3:34-4:15)

So I hope I have enlightened your minds and drawn you away from the horrific imagery these developers tried to brainwash you all with. Good day. And God bless your souls.

Fatal-Feit
01-26-2015, 04:48 AM
Wow, that opened my eyes. That was indeed the exact purpose of Rogue. It was 99% the reason why the protagonist was also named Shay. Because Shaytham was obviously going to be a thing. --No doubt about it.

Can't argue with facts.

The_Kiwi_
01-26-2015, 04:55 AM
But how could Abstergo have his memories if he was gay?
Gay people don't have children
And surrogacy wasn't a thing back then
And adopted children can't inherit memories

Explain that

Other than that though, I agree with you
Everything makes sense
You can't really deny anything said here
It's very cogent
I wonder what Ubisoft will say to this

JustPlainQuirky
01-26-2015, 04:56 AM
But how could Abstergo have his memories if he was gay?
Gay people don't have children
And surrogacy wasn't a thing back then
And adopted children can't inherit memories

Explain that

Blood vials.

Shay, frustrated with the inability to pass on his legacy through biological means, resorted to preserving some of his DNA into a vial in order to pass down his knowledge to the future of the world.

Namikaze_17
01-26-2015, 04:58 AM
Very insightful Quirky.

I too have recently noticed these subtle hints between Shay and Haytham as you have showed.

And for ubi to actually try something this controversial beings a smile to my face. :'D

GoldenBoy9999
01-26-2015, 05:03 AM
Very shocking. I am glad this subliminal messaging has now been exposed to the entire world. People should know the truth. I almost didn't know, but thanks to you I do. I wonder if Ubi will be more careful next time.

I agree with Quirky. The blood vials would be the source of the DNA for sure.

The_Kiwi_
01-26-2015, 05:07 AM
Blood vials.

Shay, frustrated with the inability to pass on his legacy through biological means, resorted to preserving some of his DNA into a vial in order to pass down his knowledge to the future of the world.

I suppose that makes sense
Ubisoft would want to do something else with the blood vials
It would be a waste to introduce them but then do nothing with them

I wonder if Shay and Charles became lovers too
It would make sense
Charles did seem to know him
And I always read an undertone of "It was all your fault we broke up" when they talked

RA503
01-26-2015, 05:12 AM
Someone made a music video of Rogue with this music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjLr1XhBKVQ

Fatal-Feit
01-26-2015, 05:47 AM

^ Exactly. They don't just introduce a new PoE and do nothing with it.

GoldenBoy9999
01-26-2015, 05:55 AM
But Quirky, have you wondered why so much gay propaganda would be in the game? Ubi isn't known for that kind of stuff.

JustPlainQuirky
01-26-2015, 05:58 AM
But Quirky, have you wondered why so much gay propaganda would be in the game? Ubi isn't known for that kind of stuff.

It's simple.

Ubisoft was distraught when fans accused them of neglecting female representation.

In a fit of rage, they created an installment fully focused on male sexuality in response.

A classic case of "Accused-of-being-sexist-so-we-excluded-an-entire-gender-in-order-to-get-back-at-them" syndrome. I've seen it many times before.

Fatal-Feit
01-26-2015, 06:01 AM
^ EXACTLY! Not a single female Templar. Especially in a game that supports their cause. Seriously, if that wasn't on purpose, I don't know what is.

VoldR
01-26-2015, 06:09 AM

Aren't the vials for the observatories?

GoldenBoy9999
01-26-2015, 06:10 AM
Oh, alright. That makes perfect sense! Anyone that doesn't believe this... shouldn't be spoken to.

The_Kiwi_
01-26-2015, 06:16 AM
Aren't the vials for the observatories?

Blood vials still contain blood
Abstergo can extract the DNA from it

Jexx21
01-26-2015, 06:22 AM
I hate you.

I-Like-Pie45
01-26-2015, 06:27 AM
so do I

GoldenBoy9999
01-26-2015, 06:31 AM
Hey guys, let's not have this go Off Topic. There is much to discuss here.

The_Kiwi_
01-26-2015, 06:33 AM
so do I

But Bearian, I love you
Just like how Shay clearly loves Haytham

VoldR
01-26-2015, 06:42 AM
Blood vials still contain blood
Abstergo can extract the DNA from it

So ur saying he dun have any descendants until the future play with it...

The_Kiwi_
01-26-2015, 06:44 AM
So ur saying he dun have any descendants until the future play with it...

He might have children
But they may be born before his memories of his time with Haytham
Remember, children can only inherit memories from their parents from before the time they were born
So the blood vial will have Shay's memories after any children of his were born

Kiltraki
01-26-2015, 02:34 PM
This reminds me of that 'Connor is a potato' thread.

Ubisoft wouldn't dare have a homosexual main character though. The fundamentalists would go nuts lol.

brotersinarms
01-26-2015, 05:37 PM
I'm sorry, but i don't think i understand this Thread at all. And forgive me with names of characters in the game (because its early, and i forgot), but Connor was born from Haytham and his relationship with Connors mother, the Indian woman. As far as Shay, given all the obvious flirting with his partner that female assassin, i would assume something was going on there. On Black Flag, i assumed something was up with the Kidd, and we know what happened there, and Edward himself was a married man (who had Haytham).

Maybe a case can be made about Liberation, but to answer the question about "no female Templars", SPOILER..... Avelines (i forget her name) step mother was a Templar. However, the female character in the Bayou claimed no relationship, and could have just as well been lesbian, and Avelines male partner, although we saw no intimate relation, was supposedly that, though i guess they both could have been gay. Other than Liberation (and that may be stretching it), i just don't get this thread.

Jackdaw951
01-26-2015, 06:21 PM
*Sigh* Someone let me back into my century. Please! I don't belong in this one.

Artists are known for sneaking in subtle messages into their art. This was pointed out to me by a graphic artist working with me on a commercial software demo back in the 80s. It's certainly nothing new. I doubt that Ubisoft Corporate is in on it. This would be as much news to them as it is to us.

Shahkulu101
01-26-2015, 06:41 PM
The only funny troll thread.

Altair1789
01-26-2015, 09:44 PM
Thank you for opening my eyes to the hidden messages. The polar bear part was very sad
5 stars for this thread

NondairyGold
01-26-2015, 10:37 PM
For some reason this thread reminds me of the book Wizard by John Varley.....
Here's the tag line....
A schizophrenic man falls in love with a centaur who has three sets of genitals and lives inside a giant cyborg in orbit around Saturn.

aL_____eX
01-26-2015, 10:42 PM
For some reason this thread reminds me of the book Wizard by John Varley.....
Here's the tag line....
A schizophrenic man falls in love with a centaur who has three sets of genitals and lives inside a giant cyborg in orbit around Saturn.
My life in a nutshell

Democrito_71
01-26-2015, 10:50 PM
prop·a·gan·da
ˌpräpəˈɡandə/
noun
derogatory
information, especially of a biased or misleading nature, used to promote or publicize a particular political cause or point of view.

Propaganda is a powerful weapon in war; it is used to dehumanize and create hatred toward a supposed enemy, either internal or external, by creating a false image in the mind.

Assassin’s Creed. The title alone expresses interest in following a certain philosophy, no matter how contradictory. Such is the contradiction of Assassin’s Creed Rogue. Not many have picked up on the questionable undertones this installment holds, but I have. And I am here to expose it to you.

Now if you were to play through Assassin’s Creed Rogue in one sitting you probably wouldn’t notice anything odd. This is intentional. The developers want to interject their bias into your mind without you even noticing.

Taking a closer look, you may notice something strange. For instance, this screenshot.

http://static2.gamespot.com/uploads/original/1365/13658182/2641996-assassins_creed_rogue_shay%26haytam_1409668980.jpg

This is one of the first images we see in Assassin’s Creed Rogue’s marketing. Just look as Haytham and Shay lock eyes, sinful thoughts clouding their minds. Their hands positioned as if to make vulgar gestures implying intimacies of the darkest nature. And this is just the beginning.

Before I go any further, it’s best I outline the basics to allow you all to comprehend this further.

Assassins: Straight Males
Templars: LBGT
Pieces of Eden: Sexual Temptation

Now that that’s out of the way, take a look at this scene: (0:00-2:44)

Watch as Liam and Achilles fight over the gun that was meant to shoot Shay. Shay, a now full-fledged homosexual (as determined by his accompanying of Haytham), watches as what was once his previous sexual orientation fight against itself to prevent his mind from collapsing. Unfortunately such guilt can be equally destructive and Liam ultimately knocks down a PoE (Shay’s temptation) and sends Shay’s world crumbling down. Shay’s only choice now is to eliminate all signs of previous sexual interest (Liam) and reunite with his lover Haytham.

This isn’t the only instance of blatant gay propaganda either. Take a look at this:

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140805172309/assassinscreed/images/e/ec/AC_Rogue_-_Sailing.jpg

still don’t see it? Look closer.

http://i.imgur.com/8IiHMRO.png

It was right in front of us all along.

Further evidence of Gay propaganda:
>Shay can pierce narwhals (animals with a horn similar that to a certain reproductive organ) with his spear (a weapon that also holds similar shape to a certain reproductive organ)
>Polar bears can be killed. It’s no coincidence polar bears eat their young. Eliminating them is Shay’s way of punishing non-homosexuals who are able to bare children and do not appreciate the gift.
>Shay can hunt Great Auks to extinction. Great Auks are similar to penguins. A children’s book was once published surrounding the idea of two male penguins raising a baby penguin together. He doesn’t want to be reminded of the controversial reception so he eliminates them.
>Ships sail around ramming each other’s “poop decks” with their “bowsprit” all day. And of course there are hunters out looking to ram Shay. I don’t even have to explain this one any further.

And all of this is intensified by the game’s ending where Shay and Haytham are sitting alone together in a ship under a romantic aurora in a scene suspiciously similar to Titanic’s iconic “I’m the king of the world” scene. All this happns while Shay and Haytham discuss desires of retrieving a box. But why such a tiny box? Because similar boxes are used for you guessed it…

Proposal.

Not only is this game emphasizing a shift in sexual orientation but a desire to marry those of the same sex. Baffling, I know.

Source: (3:34-4:15)

So I hope I have enlightened your minds and drawn you away from the horrific imagery these developers tried to brainwash you all with. Good day. And God bless your souls.

It could also be about women empowerment since Shays name sounds exactly like the swedish word Tjej which means= Girl.

So perhaps Shays name is a hint that he's secretly a woman who is dressed as a man

aL_____eX
01-26-2015, 10:59 PM
It could also be about women empowerment since Shays name sounds exactly like the swedish word Tjej which means= Girl.

So perhaps Shays name is a hint that he's secretly a woman who is dressed as a man
Which draws the line to Arno who can dress as a woman if he wants to. So I'm smelling an Arno/Shay sequel. Plus there are women in London (I know right?) so we might see them both in Victory.

Altair1789
01-26-2015, 11:05 PM
Also, Shay in Arabic roughly translates to "thing" ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

poptartz20
01-26-2015, 11:10 PM
Hahah.. all makes so much sense!

oh ricey.. you always make things so interesting. or should I say now quirk?

aL_____eX
01-26-2015, 11:10 PM
Hahah.. all makes so much sense!

oh ricey.. you always make things so interesting. or should I say now quirk?
justplainrice would be her name

Democrito_71
01-26-2015, 11:21 PM

Also, Shay in Arabic roughly translates to "thing" ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

According to http://baby-names.familyeducation.com/name-meaning/shay

Shays name in Irish also means Fairy Palace

Altair1789
01-27-2015, 12:12 AM
According to http://baby-names.familyeducation.com/name-meaning/shay

Shays name in Irish also means Fairy Palace

oh my god

hawkxridge
01-27-2015, 12:22 AM
So Assassin's Creed: Rogue is just fake and gay?

aL_____eX
01-27-2015, 12:26 AM
So Assassin's Creed: Rogue is just fake and gay?
No one said that.

There's just speculation about how the story is influenced by the idea of two men feeling 'true' love for each other (and that has not necessarily to be in a romantic way of course). I can't say if it's true though.

ze_topazio
01-27-2015, 12:33 AM

When I showed the Lisbon earthquake sequence to my sister, when Shay appeared, my sister was like: "Who's that woman?", I was like: "He's a man", and she was like; "lol looked like a woman".

sherbet56
06-17-2015, 01:48 PM
do what the title says immediately

The_Kiwi_
06-18-2015, 12:37 AM
lol okay

rob1990312
06-18-2015, 01:09 AM
how is it that u cant swear on hear without it being deleted but you can claim that a game has an evil gay agenda

Shahkulu101
06-18-2015, 01:12 AM
She was kidding.

She's Just Plain Quirky.

rob1990312
06-18-2015, 01:16 AM
She was kidding.

She's Just Plain Quirky.

if i made the mistake of thinking it was serious how many others will and end up actually believing it

Shahkulu101
06-18-2015, 01:23 AM
if i made the mistake of thinking it was serious how many others will and end up actually believing it

Enough to make it hilarious.

TO_M
06-18-2015, 01:24 AM

http://media.giphy.com/media/ltBhl4BoHaMM/giphy.gif

rob1990312
06-18-2015, 01:30 AM
i feel too stupid to argue on now, i might have jumped the gun

The_Kiwi_
06-18-2015, 04:16 AM
how is it that u cant swear on hear without it being deleted but you can claim that a game has an evil gay agenda

No one else thought it was serious
How come you did?

Locopells
06-18-2015, 11:05 AM
Either ways guys, you bumped a thread that hasn't been seen since January...

X_xWolverinEx_X
06-18-2015, 12:04 PM
Either ways guys, you bumped a thread that hasn't been seen since January...

nothing wrong with that

MasterAssasin84
06-19-2015, 02:08 PM
Ok I cried with Laughter reading this ! Pure idiocy ! Got to Love these troll threads