PDA

View Full Version : Should Adewale, Aveline, Haytham, and/or Shao Jun be legacy outfits?

JustPlainQuirky
01-25-2015, 08:25 PM
Throughout the AC franchise Ubisoft has this tradition of having previous AC protagonists' costumes available to wear.

Some of these protagonists, however, have not had legacy outfits of their own.

Adewale, for example, despite technically being a protagonist in a standalone game, does not have a legacy outfit. As for the reasoning, I am not sure. Perhaps he was seen as not relevant enough or the developers didn't want to develop an outfit that had their protagonists sleeveless.

Aveline and Shao Jun's situation is rather obvious. They are both female and a male protagonist dressed in Aveline's skin tight female-shaped outfit may look rather odd. Of course there are alternatives. Just as people cosplay opposite genders of characters IRL, a male version of the costume could easily be created I would assume.

Lastly there's Haytham Kenway. There has been much debate as to whether he qualifies as a protagonist. Nevertheless, he is playable, has been in 3 games (ac3, ac4, rogue) and has a novel dedicated to himself. Not only that, but he is a major fan favorite in the franchise. Arguably the third most recent popular character (ezio and edward being first). So in the very least, he is very relevant both to the franchise and the fandom.

Some argue there would be too many legacy outfits set in the colonial era/american setting. I see that as somewhat of a valid point but nevertheless these are highly influential and notable characters who deserve to have their legacy recognized IMO. (this statement does not apply to Shao Jun)

What do you guys think? Do you think any of these characters deserve to be legacy outfits? If you think the shao jun/ aveline outfits would be too silly, perhaps they could be legacy outfits for a future female protagonist?

Personally, I believe all of them should be legacy outfits for all future protagonists.

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140721133235/assassinscreed/ru/images/b/b9/FC2_Adewale_render.png
http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131125205900/assassinscreed/images/b/be/AC3L_Aveline_Render.png
http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20141013181703/assassinscreed/images/archive/3/36/20141129040557!AC3_Haytham_Kenway_render.png
http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140923153124/assassinscreed/images/6/63/ACCC_Shao_Jun.png

But like I said this is something I want to hear y'allz opinions on. Post your thoughts below.

Fatal-Feit
01-25-2015, 08:39 PM
Don't forget Desmond. And the floating tablets.

JustPlainQuirky
01-25-2015, 08:41 PM
If you wanna get really technical, ziio is playable in a loading room. :rolleyes:

Contemplated adding Desmond but not sure if would be too odd. But I'm up for it if others are.

VestigialLlama4
01-25-2015, 08:43 PM
I think the appeal of Adewale, Haytham, Shao Jun and Aveline is the fact that they are unique and can't be made into a Legacy Outfit single defining character, in that their design is unique and fitted to their character and circumstances and not at all transferrable to someone else. That's also true of Connor, I mean they made his outfit into a Legacy to be reused in later games but it just looks very odd on other characters. His Wolf Outfit in the Tyranny DLC is something that no other character in the Franchise can wear, since its tied to him.

To be honest, I don't like Legacy Outfits myself and I like Assassins wearing newer outfits all the time, rather than sport earlier skins for the sake of nostalgia. I especially like them wearing outfits that fit the period, like in Black Flag, I preferred the bonus outfits from DLC packs (like Stede's outfit, Captain Drake's and Morgan's outfit) and the Fisherman's Outfits that can be crafted, because they looked like actual period outfits from the 18th Century.

Lastly there's Haytham Kenway. There has been much debate as to whether he qualifies as a protagonist. Nevertheless, he is playable, has been in 3 games (ac3, ac4, rogue) and has a novel dedicated to himself. Not only that, but he is a major fan favorite in the franchise. Arguably the third most recent popular character (ezio and edward being first).

I doubt that Haytham is as popular as Altair on his worst days. He's basically a cult favorite on the Internet, and a likable villain. He can't command a game on his own and his character is entirely tied to Connor's viewpoint so it makes little sense for later games to build on his "legacy" since he can't exist outside his original context as a cool plot twist. That said in ROGUE, thy should have made his outfit a legacy for Shay since that's a Templar game and if they do playable Templars again, they can reuse his outfit.

Fatal-Feit
01-25-2015, 08:44 PM
Desmond was a legacy outfit in B/R, so he could be considered. I mean, he was an Assassin protag, after all. *wink, wink*

JustPlainQuirky
01-25-2015, 08:46 PM
and a likable villain.

http://0.media.collegehumor.cvcdn.com/79/90/c738b05e5e7bd7bfea1b4aebeeb12e62-vibratinggif06.gif

On topic, many people (even "casuals" I have met) have expressed interest in a Haytham game (despite me not being interested personally).

But I do see why he could be legacy outfits for templars only.

@fatal

I suppose. Though that was more like a complete reskin of a character rather than an outfit, no?

Namikaze_17
01-25-2015, 08:54 PM
Sure, why not?

What we really need are their legacy weapons and other gear.

It bothers me when Arno doesn't have Alta´r's knife, Connor's gloves, etc. -__-

GoldenBoy9999
01-25-2015, 09:06 PM
Yes, I would really like to see Adewale's robes be a legacy outfit. I liked his character a lot and the design of it.

It is also the only default robes I know of that have gold on them. The accents on it are awesome. :o

I suppose the other two would be fine but Shao is supposed to be kinda slim and agile I think so I don't know how well that would translate to a muscular man.

Altair1789
01-25-2015, 09:17 PM
Why not, I'd like it. Yes

SpiritOfNevaeh
01-25-2015, 09:33 PM
Sure, why not? :)

I like them all.

LoyalACFan
01-25-2015, 09:44 PM
I'm not really that big on legacy outfits to be honest. Most of the time they look completely stupid with the setting. Occasionally they look okay (I like using Ezio's and Shay's in Paris) but normally they don't. Adewale's, for instance, would look terrible anywhere outside the sunny Caribbean. I'm sad that there was no Haytham outfit in Unity, but I'm sure there'll be one in Victory because England.

Also hi everybody, I haven't been on here in like three weeks

brotersinarms
01-25-2015, 09:47 PM
I'd love a Haytham Outfit. Assassins Creed games blow it with their Outfits though. If it weren't for the new Master Templar DLC for Rogue, where we got Outfits that looked like times (Officer Outfit etc), they all look the same.

Although NOT having the hoods is a great thing on Rogue. A tricorne hat instead goes a long way. Black Flag, if it weren't for the DLC on that, the outfits would have been awful (never saw a pirate with a hood). AC 3, laughable outfits (a Patriot Uniform or Red Coat would have been nice, as well as a Haytham). Instead we were stuck in a bird suit lol, or Ezios Uniform.

So absolutely, the more outfits the better. I saw the Outfits on Unity, and all i had to say i was glad i never bought that one. EVERY outfit a Medieval looking Hood in the mist of Revolution. Ridiculous.

I mean throw us some French, British, and Colonists Soldier stuff. A George Washington Outfit would have been nice on both AC 3 and Rogue (where Washington wore a Red Coat uniform.). The list is endless.

Hans684
01-25-2015, 09:55 PM
And maybe Edwards noble outfit at the end of Black Flag.

Namikaze_17
01-25-2015, 09:57 PM
Also hi everybody, I haven't been on here in like three weeks

Welcome back, man. :)

Shahkulu101
01-25-2015, 10:23 PM
Adewale: Yes

Aveline and Shao Jun: Yes, if the protagonist is female.

Haytham: Yes, if it's a Templar game.

Das Rouse
01-25-2015, 10:34 PM
I'm for it. It'd be nice to have "signature" weapons too. Like a Machete that belonged to Adewale. And I would like to see a male version of Shao Jun's outfit.

wvstolzing
01-25-2015, 11:11 PM
My mother used to have a scarf almost identical to the cape-like thingy on Haytham's back.

If they'll keep making legacy outfits, I hope at some point they make Giovanni's robes on the new engine.

LoyalACFan
01-26-2015, 03:24 AM
If they'll keep making legacy outfits, I hope at some point they make Giovanni's robes on the new engine.

Amen, I like them so much better than the ACB ones we keep getting. Wetlands Ebony on Giovanni's outfit is probably the most badass-looking outfit in the series IMO.

& thanks for the welcome Nami :)

mohack221
01-26-2015, 04:26 AM
No, I think they should be heroic outfits.

VestigialLlama4
01-26-2015, 06:37 AM
But I do see why he could be legacy outfits for templars only.

One thing I found interesting/amusing is that in BLACK FLAG, Haytham's outfit isn't an option for Edward but Connor's is. I don't know is it simply that Edward posthumously prefers his grandson (who can captain a ship and sail for one thing unlike the black sheep of the family) or that Assassins regard Templars as cooties (though Edward does wear that Templar Armor).

It gets ridiculous in UNITY where Arno has Shay's Templar Outfit as an option, not just because Shay is a Templar but he killed Arno's father even if he doesn't know it, players of Rogue and Unity do, so there's a kind of absence of logic to it.

And you know the optional outfits get sillier in ROGUE - Viking Outfit?!